Sony PSN Store and Network issues following update

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Scipio8 (608 posts) -
#2 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3022 posts) -

Huh, no issues for me either last night or today so far

#3 Posted by donalbane (16136 posts) -

The PSN went down for a couple of hours right before the update... at least on PS4. Then it came back and Outlast was there. It was fine after that, at least on my end.

#4 Posted by finalstar2007 (24853 posts) -

Could that be why im not able to add funds to my wallet? i sure hope so as im getting pretty worried that i cant buy PS+ or anything from the store

#5 Edited by LJS9502_basic (149460 posts) -

Technology.....great when it works...a bitch when it doesn't. FYI...it's the price of tech and no one is immune.

#6 Posted by tymeservesfate (1469 posts) -

what was the point of shutting psn down for "maintenance" for those 9 hours a couple weeks ago. they put out an update that still going F shii up for it's users.

ironically the update was meant to help the stability of the OS. oh Sony, smh?

#7 Posted by hoosier7 (3669 posts) -

So blown out of proportion, these articles always crop up yet i never seem to experience them on the PS4.

#8 Posted by I_can_haz (6452 posts) -

No issues with my PS3 or PS4

#9 Posted by lostrib (31484 posts) -

I had some issues with signing in yesterday afternoon, but nothing since then

#10 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

No issues here. Polygon well known for their hate of Sony.

Article already proven false.

MS owned.

Fraud article.

Lawsuit incoming.

SDC

#11 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2564 posts) -

I've been having intermittent issues the past couple of days. I thought there was something wrong with my internet until I checked the iPad, Xbox One and 3DS. Right now I am playing OlliOlli and am able to connect to the leaderboards which is more than I could do last night. I will check the PS4 soon. But so far I am not impressed with that Sony is doing with our money.

#12 Posted by Heil68 (42598 posts) -

Thread backfire and thus SDC. Thank you SONY.

#13 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

xboners spreading FUD again, that's all they do these days. This is what happens when you enter a gaming market but you actually don't care about gaming. xboners, leave gaming to the professionals and dedicate yourselves elsewhere to what you do best: looking ridiculous.

#14 Edited by darkangel115 (1387 posts) -

I've been having intermittent issues the past couple of days. I thought there was something wrong with my internet until I checked the iPad, Xbox One and 3DS. Right now I am playing OlliOlli and am able to connect to the leaderboards which is more than I could do last night. I will check the PS4 soon. But so far I am not impressed with that Sony is doing with our money.

they haven't done anything yet. and probably wont for a few years. PSN is still very subpar, especially for a paid service now

#15 Edited by I_can_haz (6452 posts) -

Epic thread backfire. Sorry lems, get back to being butthurt over inferior looking multiplats, no ownage for you here.

#16 Posted by RR360DD (11414 posts) -

LOLPSN

#17 Posted by Chutebox (36178 posts) -

Love when we get new threads because 5 people could be experiencing a problem.

#18 Edited by _Matt_ (8751 posts) -

... I have had no issues?

#19 Posted by Bigboi500 (28804 posts) -

No issues with my PS3 or PS4

Same here.

#20 Posted by nyzma23 (887 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

lol wut how it's backfire the article comes from sony it self

#21 Edited by SolidTy (41466 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

they haven't done anything yet. and probably wont for a few years. PSN is still very subpar, especially for a paid service now

No, it's not very subpar. PS4 is a big step over PS3.

Sure, it's not perfect, nor is XBL, but PSN is not "still very subpar" either. Bear in mind the PS4 and Xbone are still only a few months old, so both machines will be quite improved say, a year from now.

Here's an example, the Xbone is getting a battery indicator soon on Feb 11th. Some argue the Xbone should have shipped with it, but it's all good.

http://news.yahoo.com/xbox-one-gets-battery-life-indicator-big-february-140002036.html

It seems to me in your post you are comparing the PS3 vs. the 360, but comparing the Xbone and PS4 and making claims PSN is still very subpar doesn't apply since I've been in cross game chat parties and sending voice messages on the improved PSN on PS4, something I used to take for granted as Xbox Live subscriber.

#22 Posted by darkangel115 (1387 posts) -

where is @tormentos to come in here and speak non sense?

#23 Posted by darkangel115 (1387 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@darkangel115 said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

No, it's not very subpar. PS4 is a big step over PS3.

Sure, it's not perfect, nor is XBL, but PSN is not "still very subpar" either. Bear in mind the PS4 and Xbone are still only a few months old, so both machines will be quite improved say, a year from now.

Its not a step over PS3, matter of fact its had more issues and downtime then the PS3 PSN has had in the past 2 months as well as the fact it now cost 50 a years MSRP (but realistically 30-40 a year) Yes i know it will get better down the line of the 8-10 year lifespan of the PS4, i'm hoping it really does. but when the order comes out and if it has multiplayer I'm gonna get PSN+ again to play it online, and I'd hope it will be good. But i know it will be subpar compared to XBL and playing titanfall

#24 Posted by JohnF111 (14008 posts) -

Not had any issues and no one I know has. Oh well, guess its another hyperbole thread.

#25 Posted by Krelian-co (9983 posts) -

No issues, probably another failed lem thread

#26 Posted by EtherealMachine (86 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

I got an error last night saying that PSN wasn't available in my country/region which was weird, tried to connect again and it worked, haven't had any problems since, as with all gaming news the smallest things get blown out of proportion sadly.

#27 Posted by BlessedChill (676 posts) -

Epic thread backfire. Sorry lems, get back to being butthurt over inferior looking multiplats, no ownage for you here.

#28 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

Nothing new PSN is TRASH

#29 Posted by _Matt_ (8751 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

I got an error last night saying that PSN wasn't available in my country/region which was weird, tried to connect again and it worked, haven't had any problems since, as with all gaming news the smallest things get blown out of proportion sadly.

Aye tends to happen.

#30 Edited by RedentSC (583 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

hahaha what a gif