Sony: PS4 no longer top of the line

• 113 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#103 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

@scottpsfan14: obviously but pc is having console api too now and both consoles are weak in 4 years they will be garbage.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Normally asking an API developer about tech means you are serious about it. And showing fanboy downgrade pics of pre rendered cutscenes in a blurry compressed format isn't a solid statement to make. Just saying. I'm sure you have some credibility as a computer scientist amirite? :D

Cutscenes? The real in game scenes mate. And it's not like I have a limit on number of words on twitter to make serious debate, and like they say a picture speaks a thousand words. Oh anyways, the way I see it your precious Ice cream dev have indirectly set a standard for 900pStation games and by molly it's even lower than the one I initially set for it. The way he compared 2013 to 2005, he is indirectly saying to you don't expect anything better than a 2010 PC game. There goes our Crysis 2 mark, Scotty. :D

Jesus you are just something else. In no way shape or form does he ever say "We can never beat 2010 PC games on PS4".

Get your fanboy goggles off. You are as bad as the worst cows. Imagine that.

Okay....let's fast forward to 2025. What do you think his words would be? Compare 2025 (Uncharted 10 probably in 900p or 720p with sub 30 fps) to AAA PC game from 2010. :D

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#105  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

Sony: We don't know why we are selling so many PS4's

Sony: The PS4 specs are already outdated

They must be so proud

Better than

" DX 12 will make X1 sooo better "

" Look our controller is better "

" We take out Kinect , now more power "

lol ...

GamingTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 GamingTitan
Member since 2004 • 657 Posts

damn near ANYTHING tech related that is over a year old is no longer 'top of the line'~

this topic seems kinda pointless. It's simply stating the obvious~

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 dakan45

@scottpsfan14: My point is that the new consoles arent powerfull like the previous ones, similar specs perfom similary, they dont have a new architecture so you wont see a huge increase over the years and overall they are not gonna scale as well as in the past. Obviously graphics will improve but this time it wont be as big as before nor will last as long. My guess is in 5 years they gonna use the consoles with cloud computing assistance to improve graphics and then switch to cloud service altogether.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 dakan45

@scottpsfan14: Those were problems on ps2 as well.

I dont think it will ever end. I just watched a killzone review on ps2 and fell of my chair from the jaggies and blurry textures. The problem is that developers choose graphics over gameplay fps and such. So you got a corridor but that corridor is filled with objects, more geometry and thus more jaggies so you need a higher resolution and more AA. I dont think 1080p or sup 1080p is gonna cut it anymore. Just look at the new final fantasy game. Its true that now game wont have awful lighting and blurry textures but still, there are areas that both ps4 and xbone exlusives have blurry textures that feel they came out of nowhere.

I personally think graphics have reached a point that they are impressive enough and there is no need to bother further. What developers must focus is making enviroments bigger and less linear, now they got all that ram it shouldnt be a problem.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

i have never seen a console come out that was not out of date by 6 to 18 months the moment it comes out.

that is just your lot in life when you are being compared to pc.

it's not a big deal it is just reality.

XboxLegacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#113 XboxLegacy
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@lostrib said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

At least PS4 can do 1080p. We should all be thankful for that.

except for Watch Dogs and BF4

Both terrible over-hyped mainstream trash.

Way to defuse the bomb there bro. Lawl.

PS Wii U does 1080P.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 dakan45

@scottpsfan14: i dont think anything on the new FF is "next gen" but yeah i agree this gen will have deminishing returns and wont be a huge jump in 2-3 years from now. Its for the best, games are insanelly expensive as it is. Did you hear that darksiders 2 cost 50 million? For crying out loud.