Sony pretty much saved gaming this generation

  • 182 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Edited by AtariKidX (6282 posts) -

Yes.......Sony pretty much saved gaming.PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and PS4............Thanks SONY.

#52 Edited by iampenguin (223 posts) -

@Gue1: LOL!

#53 Posted by Zaibach (13457 posts) -

not even a little, despite having the best exclusives for the current generation, they have locked MP behind a paywall in a monumental dick-move in an instant almost wiping away ll their good-will.

saved gaming? they just made it into a fucking service.

#54 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28421 posts) -

LOL all these titles were lucky to be at 80-90% when the ps4 was announced otherwise they would have been postponed for release on ps4.

#55 Edited by kipsta77 (1014 posts) -

The only thing Sony saved was themselves. Not the generation.

#56 Posted by Caseytappy (2147 posts) -

@tagyhag said:

@John_Matherson said:

@tagyhag: How about you tell me 5 must have games for the 360 AFTER MGS4 was released. Otherwise...well, nevermind lemmings are already...lemmings..

Oh sweet I'm a lemming? I have now officially been called every SW group! :D

I'd say: Mushihime-sama Futari, Gears 3, DoDonPachi Dai Ou Jou Black Label Extra, Deathsmiles II, and Forza 4.

Take out DS II and replace it for DoDonpachi SaiDaiOuJou and I can agree !

#57 Posted by PannicAtack (21037 posts) -

From what? Was there some kind of impending crash or something? No? Then this is stupid.

#58 Posted by danten81 (129 posts) -

You mean Valve.

#59 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (4490 posts) -

Not really. Playstation had their share of great games, but nothing needed saving, Multiplats OWNED exclusives this gen... hard... up the ass.

And both companies have pushed each other to the benefit of the consumer. And without Xbox, PSN would be like the Wii online service.

#60 Posted by remiks00 (1911 posts) -

You guys are funny, this why I love coming here

#61 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (4490 posts) -

@Merex760 said:

You'd have to be a pretty big fanboy to not recognize the impact Sony had on console gaming this generation. Microsoft also had a major impact, but more with services than games. As far as games offered by first party studios, consoles would look pretty bleak if Sony wasn't there.

That's true, but you would also have to be one to overstate it as well, to the point where it "saved gaming",

#62 Edited by HalcyonScarlet (4490 posts) -

@remiks00 said:

You guys are funny, this why I love coming here

#63 Posted by always_explicit (2932 posts) -

If naughty dog were a multiplat developer this gen the PS3 would have an incredibly worthless legacy. They are the only PS exclusive developer worth a damn. I bought a PS3 with the logic that it would continue the PS2 legacy, instead I have a 360 with over 50 games...multiplats and exclusives and....I have...

6 games for my PS3....take a guess how many were purchased in the last year...and guess how many are naughty dog games. Sorry but SONY saved nothing. Overpriced poorly supported console for the majority of the generation. Then in the last year of its lifecycle they pull a few games out of the bag thanks to a talented developer and now they are the saviors of gaming....not quite.

#64 Edited by mrintro (1354 posts) -

@Merex760: exactly

#66 Edited by mrintro (1354 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@mrintro said:

Xbox did pretty well in the beginning, but soon fizzled out. I would say the Xbox's legacy would be Xbox Live cause that really changed the game (pun intended) and pretty much was the predecessor to PS+. Wii will be remembered for successfully implementing motion controls into gaming. However, Sony has been spanking everybody with their games. I mean, damn, Last of Us, Puppeteer & Beyond Two Souls (all AAAEs) in just a matter of 4 months. There's also Ni No Kuni, another AAAE that came at the beginning of this year. Other 2013 Sony exclusives this year include God of War Ascension, Tales of Xillia, Kingdom Hearts Remix 1.5, Disgaea D2, Gran Turismo 6, Dust 514, and the upcoming Ratchet & Clank. And that's just 2013!! All I gotta say is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyEE0qpfeig

Sony's been having a great year in terms of PS3 games & exclusives, but to claim that they "saved" anything is just idiotic. Like DarkLink said there was nothing to be saved to begin with. I do agree that they have been providing great value for the PS3 and supporting it really well until at least the PS4 releases, which is something both Nintendo and MS failed to do with their respective consoles.

Of course it saved gaming. Xbox and Wii have been lacking in games for years. Take the fanboy goggles off!

#68 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (16319 posts) -

Meh. Gaming didn't need saving at all. There were plenty of games for all platforms. It was all a matter of the games being to your tastes or not.

If anything, we should give thanks to the rise of casual gaming platforms like smartphone and tablet gaming for both bringing new gamers in and lessening the stigma of our favorite hobby.

#69 Edited by mrintro (1354 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@mrintro said:

@Desmonic said:

@mrintro said:

Xbox did pretty well in the beginning, but soon fizzled out. I would say the Xbox's legacy would be Xbox Live cause that really changed the game (pun intended) and pretty much was the predecessor to PS+. Wii will be remembered for successfully implementing motion controls into gaming. However, Sony has been spanking everybody with their games. I mean, damn, Last of Us, Puppeteer & Beyond Two Souls (all AAAEs) in just a matter of 4 months. There's also Ni No Kuni, another AAAE that came at the beginning of this year. Other 2013 Sony exclusives this year include God of War Ascension, Tales of Xillia, Kingdom Hearts Remix 1.5, Disgaea D2, Gran Turismo 6, Dust 514, and the upcoming Ratchet & Clank. And that's just 2013!! All I gotta say is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyEE0qpfeig

Sony's been having a great year in terms of PS3 games & exclusives, but to claim that they "saved" anything is just idiotic. Like DarkLink said there was nothing to be saved to begin with. I do agree that they have been providing great value for the PS3 and supporting it really well until at least the PS4 releases, which is something both Nintendo and MS failed to do with their respective consoles.

Of course it saved gaming. Xbox and Wii have been lacking in games for years. Take the fanboy goggles off!

You need to troll better son. I only own a Vita and a PS3. Try again. Sony saved nothing. However they've been on their A game with the PS3 this year, I don't think many people can deny that.

I have to troll better? You couldn't even answer my question. PS3 has more exclusives that both Xbox and Wii combined. Also, what kind of late gen innovations did Xbox or Wii bring? Sony has shown that they are invested in gamers; just look at what they've done with PS+ and cross functionality with Vita. What did Xbox do? Bring another Halo. Boring. Wii? Another Wii Fit game with Jillian Michaels? Give me a break!

#71 Posted by the330and419 (223 posts) -

Hot damn you playstation fanboys are something else. Sony saved gaming huh? Yeah ok.

#72 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@mrintro:

@mrintro said:

@Desmonic said:

@mrintro said:

@Desmonic said:

@mrintro said:

Xbox did pretty well in the beginning, but soon fizzled out. I would say the Xbox's legacy would be Xbox Live cause that really changed the game (pun intended) and pretty much was the predecessor to PS+. Wii will be remembered for successfully implementing motion controls into gaming. However, Sony has been spanking everybody with their games. I mean, damn, Last of Us, Puppeteer & Beyond Two Souls (all AAAEs) in just a matter of 4 months. There's also Ni No Kuni, another AAAE that came at the beginning of this year. Other 2013 Sony exclusives this year include God of War Ascension, Tales of Xillia, Kingdom Hearts Remix 1.5, Disgaea D2, Gran Turismo 6, Dust 514, and the upcoming Ratchet & Clank. And that's just 2013!! All I gotta say is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyEE0qpfeig

Sony's been having a great year in terms of PS3 games & exclusives, but to claim that they "saved" anything is just idiotic. Like DarkLink said there was nothing to be saved to begin with. I do agree that they have been providing great value for the PS3 and supporting it really well until at least the PS4 releases, which is something both Nintendo and MS failed to do with their respective consoles.

Of course it saved gaming. Xbox and Wii have been lacking in games for years. Take the fanboy goggles off!

You need to troll better son. I only own a Vita and a PS3. Try again. Sony saved nothing. However they've been on their A game with the PS3 this year, I don't think many people can deny that.

I have to troll better? You couldn't even answer my question. PS3 has more exclusives that both Xbox and Wii combined. Also, what kind of late gen innovations did Xbox or Wii bring? Sony has shown that they are invested in gamers; just look at what they've done with PS+ and cross functionality with Vita. What did Xbox do? Bring another Halo. Boring. Wii? Another Wii Fit game with Jillian Michaels? Give me a break!

Question? What question? Neither your OP or any of your replies to me had any questions. But since you're clearly a broken record repeating the same stuff over and over, I'll leave you to your own idiotic logic.

You said try better. So I basically give you facts. I told you that the PS3 has more exclusives and I also mentioned that they brought late gen innovation (which I actually didn't mention in OP). Now you're saying "uh, I don't know how to reply, so I'll just say your logic is flawed" without actually having any argument yourself. Gotta love System Wars!

#73 Posted by Malta_1980 (11398 posts) -

Dont think gaming needed to be saved... Sony just worked hard and managed to improve a rather terrible start they had with the PS3...

#74 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26863 posts) -

@Midnightshade29: Darklink, an xbot? lol

I may be a sheep, but he's not even that either.

#75 Posted by RimacBugatti (1287 posts) -

I can't really say anything about current gen because I didn't even get a PS3 until Christmas 2010. So as far as the launch and the first several years of gaming I have no idea what Sony really offered. As far as the last couple of years it has been awesome. I definitely feel that PS4's launch is looking to be one of the best launches in console history. Nintendo has really been disappointing since after the Gamecube in my opinion. I would say that graphically Xbox 360 was superior this gen but the lack of games gave PS3 the lead position. Now next gen not only does PS4 have an awesome lineup of games but graphically it's superior. It looks like all around PS4 is ahead of the competition. Yeah Microsoft offers better services but in my eyes Xbox One isn't a gaming console.

#77 Posted by Born_Lucky (1626 posts) -

I completely agree with the TC

The energy and the enthusiasm for gaming had gone WAY down.

The PS3/360 only sold about half of what the PS2 had.

The WiiU wasn't putting out games

Microsoft had announced anti-consumer policies for the X1, and made sarcastic comments toward the gamers that keep them in business.

Then came Sony at E3 - they single handedly brought back the feeling that there used to be during the golden age of gaming.

Good job Sony.

#78 Posted by always_explicit (2932 posts) -

@RimacBugatti:

Providing these additional features dont hinder its ability to perform as a games console its unfair to criticize it for having them.

Theres no doubt its a games console. It just functions as an all in one media unit. MS only failing has been shockingly awful marketing. If they made it clear from day 1 exactly what the X1 was then they would have saved a lot of aggravation.

Sony didnt need to work hard, the PS4 isnt a new product its a spec upgrade of an existing one with very few new features....all sony needed to do was say "hey guys looks its a new one...and its better than the old one and its not expensive this time". People have lapped it up.

MS have created a new product entirely and it has been challenging for them, but it was always going to be.

#79 Edited by mrintro (1354 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@mrintro said:

@Desmonic said:

@mrintro:

@mrintro said:

@Desmonic said:

@mrintro said:

@Desmonic said:

@mrintro said:

Xbox did pretty well in the beginning, but soon fizzled out. I would say the Xbox's legacy would be Xbox Live cause that really changed the game (pun intended) and pretty much was the predecessor to PS+. Wii will be remembered for successfully implementing motion controls into gaming. However, Sony has been spanking everybody with their games. I mean, damn, Last of Us, Puppeteer & Beyond Two Souls (all AAAEs) in just a matter of 4 months. There's also Ni No Kuni, another AAAE that came at the beginning of this year. Other 2013 Sony exclusives this year include God of War Ascension, Tales of Xillia, Kingdom Hearts Remix 1.5, Disgaea D2, Gran Turismo 6, Dust 514, and the upcoming Ratchet & Clank. And that's just 2013!! All I gotta say is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyEE0qpfeig

Sony's been having a great year in terms of PS3 games & exclusives, but to claim that they "saved" anything is just idiotic. Like DarkLink said there was nothing to be saved to begin with. I do agree that they have been providing great value for the PS3 and supporting it really well until at least the PS4 releases, which is something both Nintendo and MS failed to do with their respective consoles.

Of course it saved gaming. Xbox and Wii have been lacking in games for years. Take the fanboy goggles off!

You need to troll better son. I only own a Vita and a PS3. Try again. Sony saved nothing. However they've been on their A game with the PS3 this year, I don't think many people can deny that.

I have to troll better? You couldn't even answer my question. PS3 has more exclusives that both Xbox and Wii combined. Also, what kind of late gen innovations did Xbox or Wii bring? Sony has shown that they are invested in gamers; just look at what they've done with PS+ and cross functionality with Vita. What did Xbox do? Bring another Halo. Boring. Wii? Another Wii Fit game with Jillian Michaels? Give me a break!

Question? What question? Neither your OP or any of your replies to me had any questions. But since you're clearly a broken record repeating the same stuff over and over, I'll leave you to your own idiotic logic.

You said try better. So I basically give you facts. I told you that the PS3 has more exclusives and I also mentioned that they brought late gen innovation (which I actually didn't mention in OP). Now you're saying "uh, I don't know how to reply, so I'll just say your logic is flawed" without actually having any argument yourself. Gotta love System Wars!

Keep spinning fanboy.

Still waiting for your argument. As far as I know, name calling doesn't count as an argument.

#80 Posted by cainetao11 (17699 posts) -

@mrintro said:

Xbox did pretty well in the beginning, but soon fizzled out. I would say the Xbox's legacy would be Xbox Live cause that really changed the game (pun intended) and pretty much was the predecessor to PS+. Wii will be remembered for successfully implementing motion controls into gaming. However, Sony has been spanking everybody with their games. I mean, damn, Last of Us, Puppeteer & Beyond Two Souls (all AAAEs) in just a matter of 4 months. There's also Ni No Kuni, another AAAE that came at the beginning of this year. Other 2013 Sony exclusives this year include God of War Ascension, Tales of Xillia, Kingdom Hearts Remix 1.5, Disgaea D2, Gran Turismo 6, Dust 514, and the upcoming Ratchet & Clank. And that's just 2013!! All I gotta say is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyEE0qpfeig

This is pure ridiculousness. Out of all those games TLOU and Ascension are all I bought. Who cares if Ni no thank you got a 9 if it doesn't interest you? Saying Sony saved gaming is like me saying I saved you from being hit by a car when we're both standing next to each other on the sidewalk.

#81 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25520 posts) -

@DarkLink77 said:

Sony didn't save shit, because nothing failed. It did, however, take them three years to make their console worth a damn. Thank God that waiting period is over.

This.

SO MUCH this.

#83 Edited by evildead6789 (7877 posts) -

@Merex760: xboxlive changed gaming this generation with the party chat (no psn+ doesn't have that)

it's not because you make some good exclusives you have an impact

games like crysis on the pc had an impact (which still looks better than anything on the consoles and is released 6 years ago (ouch...))

people on playstation always had the bad end of the deal.

#84 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@DarkLink77 said:

Sony didn't save shit, because nothing failed. It did, however, take them three years to make their console worth a damn. Thank God that waiting period is over.

This.

SO MUCH this.

Wow. How can you be so critical of Sony's launch without addressing 360 and the Wii's poor performance the last few years? On top of that - while both 360 and Wii were trying to market to the casual audience, Sony actually backed up the PS3 with games FOR gamers. Not just people who want motion gimmicks. It's funny how people are missing the point of this thread.

#85 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

@DarkLink77 said:

Sony didn't save shit, because nothing failed. It did, however, take them three years to make their console worth a damn. Thank God that waiting period is over.

I'm so happy this was the first response. Destroyed the thread right at the start

Also jeez people, learn how the new quote system works and stop quoting HUGE bloody chains of messages

#86 Posted by blackace (20865 posts) -

@mrintro said:

Xbox did pretty well in the beginning, but soon fizzled out. I would say the Xbox's legacy would be Xbox Live cause that really changed the game (pun intended) and pretty much was the predecessor to PS+. Wii will be remembered for successfully implementing motion controls into gaming. However, Sony has been spanking everybody with their games. I mean, damn, Last of Us, Puppeteer & Beyond Two Souls (all AAAEs) in just a matter of 4 months. There's also Ni No Kuni, another AAAE that came at the beginning of this year. Other 2013 Sony exclusives this year include God of War Ascension, Tales of Xillia, Kingdom Hearts Remix 1.5, Disgaea D2, Gran Turismo 6, Dust 514, and the upcoming Ratchet & Clank. And that's just 2013!! All I gotta say is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyEE0qpfeig

LMAO!! What?!!? Sony fanboys forget that Sony did absolutely nothing for the first 2 yrs of the PS3, while the XBox 360 was spanking them. Now that the next generation is about to start, Sony is now delivering the goods. Ask them what happened for the first 2 years? Took them 18 months to get a AAAE game when the Xbox 360 had 2 AAAE at launch. Took then even longer to finally get a decent JRPG, which was their bread and butter on the PS2. It's nice that the PS3 finally has some great exclusives, but everyone is about to move on to the PS4 now. Sony didn't save anything. They just made a decent recovery after being spanked for most of last gen.

#87 Posted by blackace (20865 posts) -

@Merex760 said:

You'd have to be a pretty big fanboy to not recognize the impact Sony had on console gaming this generation. Microsoft also had a major impact, but more with services than games. As far as games offered by first party studios, consoles would look pretty bleak if Sony wasn't there.

You'd have to be stupid not to realize that the Wii and XBox 360 still have more retail and XBL games then the PS3. The XBox 360 has 100's of AA & AAA games on their system. The first 2 years of the PS3 were bleak when Sony was here.

#88 Edited by mrintro (1354 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Merex760 said:

You'd have to be a pretty big fanboy to not recognize the impact Sony had on console gaming this generation. Microsoft also had a major impact, but more with services than games. As far as games offered by first party studios, consoles would look pretty bleak if Sony wasn't there.

You'd have to be stupid not to realize that the Wii and XBox 360 still have more retail and XBL games then the PS3. The XBox 360 has 100's of AA & AAA games on their system. The first 2 years of the PS3 were bleak when Sony was here.

@blackace said:

@mrintro said:

Xbox did pretty well in the beginning, but soon fizzled out. I would say the Xbox's legacy would be Xbox Live cause that really changed the game (pun intended) and pretty much was the predecessor to PS+. Wii will be remembered for successfully implementing motion controls into gaming. However, Sony has been spanking everybody with their games. I mean, damn, Last of Us, Puppeteer & Beyond Two Souls (all AAAEs) in just a matter of 4 months. There's also Ni No Kuni, another AAAE that came at the beginning of this year. Other 2013 Sony exclusives this year include God of War Ascension, Tales of Xillia, Kingdom Hearts Remix 1.5, Disgaea D2, Gran Turismo 6, Dust 514, and the upcoming Ratchet & Clank. And that's just 2013!! All I gotta say is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyEE0qpfeig

LMAO!! What?!!? Sony fanboys forget that Sony did absolutely nothing for the first 2 yrs of the PS3, while the XBox 360 was spanking them. Now that the next generation is about to start, Sony is now delivering the goods. Ask them what happened for the first 2 years? Took them 18 months to get a AAAE game when the Xbox 360 had 2 AAAE at launch. Took then even longer to finally get a decent JRPG, which was their bread and butter on the PS2. It's nice that the PS3 finally has some great exclusives, but everyone is about to move on to the PS4 now. Sony didn't save anything. They just made a decent recovery after being spanked for most of last gen.

It's funny how people keep pointing out the first two years of the PS3. What about the past 3-4 years for 360 and Wii? They both abandoned hardcore gamers IMO. Sony stuck to their guns and actually expanded their market. 360 and Wii went downhill by trying to cater to the casual/mobile market. While industry critics were questioning the viability of a hardcore market, Sony showed there are plenty of hardcore gamers out there. PS4's popularity is also an example of the momentum the console has had in the past few years..

#89 Edited by Lumpy311 (673 posts) -

@mrintro: You are an absolute moron if you think the PS4's popularity was because of the PS3, it gained it's popularity because it's cheaper than the XBox One.

The XBONE will still be the better console, since Lemmings will actually have good games to play.

#90 Edited by BreadNMilk (37 posts) -

MS got greedier & went too far. Sony went back to basics. Sony chose right, MS chose wrong, & Nintendo had already chose wrong.

#91 Edited by Lumpy311 (673 posts) -

@breadnmilk: I can't wait to see Sony fucking up the PS5 or whatever and suddenly everyone being a lemming.

It's gonna happen.

#92 Posted by ISpeakFactJr (15 posts) -

Sony and Playstation been saving gaming every generation.

Oh... and good to be back. :-)

#93 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151379 posts) -

@CanYouDiglt said:

Lol some of the comments on here just blow my mind. The console with the smallest game library and a worse game library according to critic scores saved gaming. This is why this site is so hard to take serious because of threads like this.

LOL using critics opinon. Appeal to authority isn't a good point.

#94 Posted by blackace (20865 posts) -

@the330and419 said:

Hot damn you playstation fanboys are something else. Sony saved gaming huh? Yeah ok.

That's like saying O.J. Simpson saved the world. lmao!!

If anything, Nintendo is the only company that saved console gaming.

#95 Posted by blackace (20865 posts) -

@mrintro said:

@blackace said:

@Merex760 said:

You'd have to be a pretty big fanboy to not recognize the impact Sony had on console gaming this generation. Microsoft also had a major impact, but more with services than games. As far as games offered by first party studios, consoles would look pretty bleak if Sony wasn't there.

You'd have to be stupid not to realize that the Wii and XBox 360 still have more retail and XBL games then the PS3. The XBox 360 has 100's of AA & AAA games on their system. The first 2 years of the PS3 were bleak when Sony was here.

@blackace said:

@mrintro said:

Xbox did pretty well in the beginning, but soon fizzled out. I would say the Xbox's legacy would be Xbox Live cause that really changed the game (pun intended) and pretty much was the predecessor to PS+. Wii will be remembered for successfully implementing motion controls into gaming. However, Sony has been spanking everybody with their games. I mean, damn, Last of Us, Puppeteer & Beyond Two Souls (all AAAEs) in just a matter of 4 months. There's also Ni No Kuni, another AAAE that came at the beginning of this year. Other 2013 Sony exclusives this year include God of War Ascension, Tales of Xillia, Kingdom Hearts Remix 1.5, Disgaea D2, Gran Turismo 6, Dust 514, and the upcoming Ratchet & Clank. And that's just 2013!! All I gotta say is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyEE0qpfeig

LMAO!! What?!!? Sony fanboys forget that Sony did absolutely nothing for the first 2 yrs of the PS3, while the XBox 360 was spanking them. Now that the next generation is about to start, Sony is now delivering the goods. Ask them what happened for the first 2 years? Took them 18 months to get a AAAE game when the Xbox 360 had 2 AAAE at launch. Took then even longer to finally get a decent JRPG, which was their bread and butter on the PS2. It's nice that the PS3 finally has some great exclusives, but everyone is about to move on to the PS4 now. Sony didn't save anything. They just made a decent recovery after being spanked for most of last gen.

It's funny how people keep pointing out the first two years of the PS3. What about the past 3-4 years for 360 and Wii? They both abandoned hardcore gamers IMO. Sony stuck to their guns and actually expanded their market. 360 and Wii went downhill by trying to cater to the casual/mobile market. While industry critics were questioning the viability of a hardcore market, Sony showed there are plenty of hardcore gamers out there. PS4's popularity is also an example of the momentum the console has had in the past few years..

Of course we point out the first 2 years of the PS3 as the PS3 is the subject of this thread. Not the XBox 360 or Wii. lol!! Nintendo will stop supporting the Wii at the end of the year. Microsoft have over 100+ games coming to the XBox 360 over the next 2 years and I don't think that includes all the XBL games. That doesn't sound like abandoning to me. Sony played catch up the whole generation. They still don't have the most games or units sold compared to their competition. Sure they are finishing strong, but Nintendo has already moved on to their next console. Microsoft will support the XBox 360 for at least 2 more years. Sony will keep the PS3 going as long as possible to try and show they did something last gen even though they failed miserably and lost tons of marketshares to their competition. Sony didn't save anything, except some of their reputation. You cows need to stop trolling the forums with this garbage.

#96 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25520 posts) -

@mrintro said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@DarkLink77 said:

Sony didn't save shit, because nothing failed. It did, however, take them three years to make their console worth a damn. Thank God that waiting period is over.

This.

SO MUCH this.

Wow. How can you be so critical of Sony's launch without addressing 360 and the Wii's poor performance the last few years? On top of that - while both 360 and Wii were trying to market to the casual audience, Sony actually backed up the PS3 with games FOR gamers. Not just people who want motion gimmicks. It's funny how people are missing the point of this thread.

Well for one, I had games to play on my Wii while the PS3 had practically nothing for me till late 2008-2009. (I've had PS3 and Wii since 2007.)

#97 Edited by AzatiS (7637 posts) -

One of the main reasons why i think Sony "saved" next-gen gaming is that they could had EASILY FOLLOW MS pathetic and anti-consumer policies as well to maximise their profits etc..

But they didnt even with multibillion losses while at the same time they FORCED MS to reverse their policies as well , something beneficial for MS fanboys as well.

If Sony would had follow those policies which they easily could dont even think about MS reversing. So , lemmings , be respectful.

#98 Posted by Lumpy311 (673 posts) -

@AzatiS:

And they would you moron, but they didn't because they saw the backlash MS got.

You think Sony wasn't doing the same shit as MS if it had worked? Lmao.

Sony was most likely also trying to push DRM but stopped when they saw MS do it.

So moron, get the fuck out.

#99 Posted by SuperCowElitist (730 posts) -

Sony are the chosen one agaisnt the evil Microsoft corp.

#100 Posted by blackace (20865 posts) -

@supercowelitist said:

Sony are the chosen one agaisnt the evil Microsoft corp.

Both companies are evil in their own special ways. Neither of them are the chosen one. The chosen one is the gamer, since they hold the power with their wallets.