Sony Patents Playstation Remix: Cloud based Emulation

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DonnaTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DonnaTroy
Member since 2013 • 245 Posts

Adding new content to classic games?!!!!!

SDC!!!!

http://www.igameresponsibly.com/2014/01/02/sony-patents-playstation-remix-cloud-based-emulation/

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

The Penis Intensifies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Calm down your tits.

UPDATE: This patent MAY be used to add elements to classic titles. From the description it sounds like PlayStation Remix would effectively swap between emulated and new content. Objectively, PS Remix may act as a sort of “wrapper” that could incorporate new content into emulated games.

DonnaTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By DonnaTroy
Member since 2013 • 245 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Calm down your tits.

UPDATE: This patent MAY be used to add elements to classic titles. From the description it sounds like PlayStation Remix would effectively swap between emulated and new content. Objectively, PS Remix may act as a sort of “wrapper” that could incorporate new content into emulated games.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

Yeah something about this seems strange, adding mini games during the game, and I bet these mini games start with an ad for Coca Cola or KFC.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@donnatroy said:

@MonsieurX said:

Calm down your tits.

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#7 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts

I would pay probably up to $200 for this concept to be delivered to me by a piece of hardware that used either my existing discs or digital titles (i.e. a PS4 add-on like the 32X).

I'm never going to use the cloud for gaming, I don't have the bandwidth to take advantage of it. I would rather them deliver an option that everyone can use.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

lol good luck on paying for all your old games and ps3 ps1 and ps2 downloadables sheens.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

So is TC just a ispeakfact alt/copy cat?

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@WilliamRLBaker said:

lol good luck on paying for all your old games and ps3 ps1 and ps2 downloadables sheens.

because striving for and giving gamers a solution to backwards compatibility for the new system is a bad thing. What would you have them do? spend tons of money on disk-based re-releases? Add the hardware to ps4 systems and significantly increase the price? emulate everything locally even though top of the line PCs can't even do it?

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

@donnatroy said:

@MonsieurX said:

Calm down your tits.

dat butthurt use of old meme. TLHBO hahaha.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

Would be awesome.

D4RKL1NG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 D4RKL1NG
Member since 2012 • 290 Posts

@handssss said:

@WilliamRLBaker said:

because striving for and giving gamers a solution to backwards compatibility for the new system is a bad thing. What would you have them do? spend tons of money on disk-based re-releases? Add the hardware to ps4 systems and significantly increase the price? emulate everything locally even though top of the line PCs can't even do it?

Don't mind William,his beard's roots have grown into his lem brain. :p

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

There's already a thread on this somewhere I think.

But that's quite a cool idea, so long as they're not adverts, and they are optional anyway.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

I've used Gaikai before they shut the servers down. That, combined with what I saw with the poor quality of streams on services like the live broadcasting on PS4, any my experience using OnLive as well as Gaikai, there is no way Im buying into this Gaikai stuff as practical. Especially with a company like Sony trying to pull this off.

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

@StrongDeadlift said:

I've used Gaikai before they shut the servers down. That, combined with what I saw with the poor quality of streams on services like the live broadcasting on PS4, any my experience using OnLive as well as Gaikai, there is no way Im buying into this Gaikai stuff as practical. Especially with a company like Sony trying to pull this off.

System Wars is worth it just for the delicious damage control.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

Funny how the cloud becomes possible as soon as Sony talks about it. The future will be cloud and Microsoft has the advantage in this area.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 StrongDeadlift

@crimsonman1245 said:

@StrongDeadlift said:

System Wars is worth it just for the delicious damage control.

What damage am I controlling exactly?

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

These emulation features are never fully realised by anyone. I have learned its easier simply to keep the things I love these days.

Dont trade in, dont sell. Just buy things you want and keep them. Easy.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 StrongDeadlift

@always_explicit said:

These emulation features are never fully realised by anyone. I have learned its easier simply to keep the things I love these days.

Apperently, your viewpoint is lem irrational damage control, and not a perfectly valid observation, based on the quality of every cloud gaming service, EVER (including the one this service is based off of).

Apparently, when I remind people of the quality of Onlive and (old) Gaikai, which had high latency and were very laggy/poor in quality, and then factor in that this PS4 service will be used by 1000 fold the userbase of the former, its like you're saying the sky is green.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

So when I posted Sony's patent on DRM cows dismissed it as "It is a patent, lots of patents are filed and never come to be."

So now all of a sudden this patent has cows dancing in the streets like it will hit next week.

Typical.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@donnatroy said:

@MonsieurX said:

Calm down your tits.

^ Totally almost spat my morning OJ on my monitor when I saw that! Brilliant!

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By always_explicit

@StrongDeadlift said:

@always_explicit said:

Apperently, your viewpoint is lem irrational damage control, and not a perfectly valid observation, based on the quality of every cloud gaming service, EVER (including the one this service is based off of).

Apparently, when I remind people of the quality of Onlive and (old) Gaikai, which had high latency and were very laggy/poor in quality, and then factor in that this PS4 service will be used by 1000 fold the userbase of the former, its like you're saying the sky is green.

Woops/ sarcasm comprehension fail.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By StrongDeadlift

@always_explicit said:

@StrongDeadlift said:

@always_explicit said:

There is no "lem" damage control. Im speaking from experience.....that is all. No need to get your knickers in a twist. This cloud service COULD set the standard, it COULD be the most magnificent example of seamless backwards compatibility known to man....but as I said thus far... "These emulation features are never fully realised by anyone". Im going to reserve my excitement for the execution rather than they hype, which has existed numerous times before now...

Il think you will find my decision to wait and see is actually the opposite of irrational, you will also note MS was not mentioned at any stage during my post, meaning no "lem" and no "damage control" present.

So not only did you insult my rationale and criticise my argument you also managed to agree with me at the same time whilst failing to make a single original comprehensive point yourself. Nice one.

My post was sarcasm bro. I was mimicking cows.

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By always_explicit

@StrongDeadlift said:

My post was sarcasm bro. I was mimicking cows.

Sarcasm comprehension fail my bad.

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 always_explicit

I do not understand why Gaikai is held in such high regard at such an early juncture despite providing nothing tangible.

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

Funny how the cloud becomes possible as soon as Sony talks about it. The future will be cloud and Microsoft has the advantage in this area.

I dont think they would have spent 400 million on it (plus additional work they are doing to it) unless they were sure it would work.

Microsoft will do it too.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

Why don't they just release the damn games on the PS store instead of limiting it only those with high end internet connections? And we all know the PS4 needs as many games as it can get.

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

Next-gen console clowns getting excited over P2P BC. And it's going to be latent as **** and unusable for most. Top lel.

And support for legacy games comes free with mods these days. Get with the program =)