Sony: New game announcments regularly starting from April

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by finalstar2007 (24948 posts) -

During the Japanese PS4 launch Sony's President Hiroshi Kawano mentioned that starting April there will be constant game announcements from April heading to E3 onward, through the summer and beyond, from Western and Japanese developers and from Sony itself.

Kawano encouraged viewers to rest at ease, as many PS4 titles are coming, and there’ll be regular new releases and announcements from April onward, through the summer and beyond, from western and Japanese developers and from Sony itself.

Sony also secretly mentions Crash Banicoot, is the character coming back?

Another note which is good to mention that Square Enix during the PS4 launch said something new is coming very soon regarding Final Fantasy 15!

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/25/playstation-japan-honcho-promises-new-ps4-titles-regularly-from-april-reminisces-about-crash-bandicoot/

#2 Edited by lglz1337 (3134 posts) -

ohhh shit lems hide!

tons of exclusives in our way just like past gen

#3 Edited by Shewgenja (8465 posts) -

Announcement of announcements make me want to eat live puppies.

#4 Posted by bobbetybob (19178 posts) -

Why is your quote different the actual article?

"and there’ll be regular new releases and announcements from April onward"

They're basically saying "We are making games and they will come out", hardly newsworthy.

#5 Posted by finalstar2007 (24948 posts) -

Why is your quote different the actual article?

"and there’ll be regular new releases and announcements from April onward"

They're basically saying "We are making games and they will come out", hardly newsworthy.

Nice catch i just fixed it.. thanks a lot glitch spot, took me 3 tries to actually make this thread due to how shitty the create thread is.

#6 Posted by Suppaman100 (3771 posts) -

Crash Bandicoot!!!

Bring it back Sony!

Do it!

#7 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16297 posts) -

I hope they announce more games for the Vita too

#8 Posted by tdkmillsy (1281 posts) -

oooo lots more games.

oh hang on they are supposed to release games and haven't actually said which ones. More indie games a coming.

#9 Edited by kuu2 (6963 posts) -

Announcement of announcements make me want to eat live puppies.

LOLLLLLl!!!!!!!

So right on point..............lulz.

#10 Posted by Karnage108 (2404 posts) -

lol Sony is desperate, they're telling angry cows to "rest at ease" so they don't riot from lack of games.

#11 Posted by bbkkristian (14944 posts) -

they forgot the word: "indie"

#12 Edited by Salt_The_Fries (8366 posts) -

So they propaganda machine is about to be firing on all cylinders.

#13 Posted by darkangel115 (1505 posts) -

So xbox gets PvZ and titanfall and PS gets the announcement of an announcement for games that'll be out sometime in the next 2 years? Seems unfair

#14 Posted by kuu2 (6963 posts) -

So xbox gets PvZ and titanfall and PS gets the announcement of an announcement for games that'll be out sometime in the next 2 years? Seems unfair

Its how Sony operates and has been since the PS2.

#15 Edited by Joedgabe (5110 posts) -

man.. E3 this year is going to suck again then!! they should save their announcements with the gameplay for E3 to have something to show rather than ramble on about things we already know for 1 hour zzzZzz or worse.... wonderbook 2... #ohdeargod

#16 Posted by darkangel115 (1505 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@darkangel115 said:

Not to mention xbox already had ryse, DR3, forza, and KI while the PS has only had KZ and knack for the past 3 months

#17 Edited by kuu2 (6963 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@darkangel115 said:

Not to mention xbox already had ryse, DR3, forza, and KI while the PS has only had KZ and knack for the past 3 months

Shhhhhhh Sound Shapes, and Resogun are in there as well. We must not short the Cow faithful here on GSpot. They get upset if you don't mention Arcade games even though they hated them last gen. Just ask them about Shadow Complex...........lulz.

#18 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

Not surprising, a lot of Sony's first party studios are currently working on unannounced games. Probably see the majority of them at E3

#19 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

SDC.

Hide yo wife and kids lems, Sony is coming through.

#20 Posted by always_explicit (2714 posts) -

NEWSFLASH.

GAMES WILL COME TO GAMES CONSOLE.

Excuse me while I keel over in shock.

#21 Posted by Karpetburnz (546 posts) -

Sony will have plenty of games to announce, Microsoft seems to have blown there load to early.

#22 Edited by darkangel115 (1505 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@darkangel115 said:

@kuu2 said:

@darkangel115 said:

Shhhhhhh Sound Shapes, and Resogun are in there as well. We must not short the Cow faithful here on GSpot. They get upset if you don't mention Arcade games even though they hated them last gen. Just ask them about Shadow Complex...........lulz.

Yeah its funny how MS started the indie/arcade game thing on consoles to add to the library and they were laughed at, now its all sony has 10 years later and its praised. I don't' get it. I'm happy i got both systems, i know sony will have some good games eventually, but I've barely touched my PS4. I'd be so bored if i didn't have an xbox one too.

#23 Edited by ominous_titan (593 posts) -

At this point I think cows would hype a pooping simulator

#24 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27385 posts) -

Sony: "Look at all the new games!" (*ahem* coming in 2016!)

That's how Sony's gaming announcements/E3 usually works :P

#25 Edited by lglz1337 (3134 posts) -

look at al those angry lems haha

you know what is coming!

#26 Edited by kuu2 (6963 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

look at al those angry lems haha

you know what is coming!

Angry about what exactly?????

You have an announcement of announcement about games that are coming some time in the undisclosed future...............We are laughing at you vociferously actually.

#27 Edited by tyloss (829 posts) -

Pathetic DC ITT.

#28 Edited by CrownKingArthur (4431 posts) -

wow this is some pretty thin stuff folks.

#29 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8764 posts) -

I really hope they announce some interesting games because as it stands right now, the PS4 is rather barren.

#30 Edited by ni6htmare01 (917 posts) -

Sony has great track record for coming out great games (PS1 to PS3) I have no doubt this gen will be the same and this is the main reason why I support the Playstation brand!

#31 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

Good stuff, we already have a wealth of games to play. Even more than the competing consoles to be factual. Next gen is burning holes in pockets across the world ;o.

More looking forward to the Third Party Exclusives Team announcements to see what kind of treats we're getting, or even localised. Should be grand.

#32 Edited by lazerface216 (7494 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@darkangel115 said:

@kuu2 said:

@darkangel115 said:

4 games vs. 3, WOW sooo many more games on the one!!!!

and what's so funny about resogun? it's an arcade game just like KI, except ps4 owners got it for FREE. lol

#33 Edited by Mario1331 (8816 posts) -

christ sake sony idc about announcements i just want a game to play

#34 Edited by treedoor (7648 posts) -

A bit disheartening to only hear an announcement for other announcements when you consider how barren the PS4 is game-wise.

Are we going to have to wait a few years for the PS4 to be worth purchasing?

#35 Edited by silversix_ (14072 posts) -

Obliteration Continuation.

#36 Posted by CyberLips (1815 posts) -

Crash Bandicoot!!!

Bring it back Sony!

Do it!

And Spyro!!

#37 Posted by KBFloYd (13176 posts) -

At this point I think cows would hype a pooping simulator

lmao

#38 Edited by Heil68 (43462 posts) -

Everyone knows SONY will deliver the exclusives, just like every gen. This isn;'t news, it's just by gamers for gamers being practiced.

#39 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4320 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@darkangel115 said:

Joke? PS2 had 3870 games. :0

#40 Posted by RR360DD (11609 posts) -

Can't wait to see those indie announcements start flowing.

LOL

#41 Edited by darkangel115 (1505 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Everyone knows SONY will deliver the exclusives, just like every gen. This isn;'t news, it's just by gamers for gamers being practiced.

Yes they do, but during the PS3 era not really until about 2-3 years in. I don't think people will be happy waiting until 2016 for the good stuff after dropping 400 dollars in 2013. Thats why i always say get both. MS starts out with better ones, and sony ends with better ones. Mostly due to MS moving on to their new platform sooner, while sony supports their old platform (aka bigger base) longer. For sony, focusing on 5 million people and ignoring the 80 million doesn't make financial sense for them. MS can afford it.

#42 Posted by Bigboi500 (29342 posts) -

So many bitter lemmings in one thread! lol!!

#43 Posted by PtothaWHAT (411 posts) -

Why do lems bother talking about exclusives? The story always ends the same. You know Sony is going to fuck the shit out of gamers wallets with exclusives!

#44 Posted by tymeservesfate (1588 posts) -

announcing games isn't Sony's problem, its the releasing them that they have problems with.

#45 Posted by Tlgersuperman (87 posts) -

Sony will have plenty of games to announce, Microsoft seems to have blown there load to early.

By only releasing a third of their announced games? And then more unannounced games at E3?

#46 Edited by gago-gago (9354 posts) -

Sony knows how to get their fans hyped, with announcements lol. Anyway back to playing games on the Xbox One.

#47 Edited by edwardecl (2112 posts) -

Announcement of an announcement of a delay?

Joking aside it's hard to be hyped over an announcement, wish they just spontaneously came out with stuff instead.

#48 Edited by Scipio8 (615 posts) -

Get ready of a stream of shovel ware indie titles for the IndieStation 4

#49 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (952 posts) -

I heard Sony will port five games from here flashgames247.com

the ones with a Japanese theme are preffered ova the other :P

adobe flash games FTW!! i forgot SDF!!!!!!!!!!

SDContinuation. Play beyond etc.

#50 Posted by Caseytappy (2131 posts) -

Sony's good old " Just wait ! " never gets tired .