sony never updates ps4 (update: geoff=useless)

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (4282 posts) -

update 3: geoff has a simply job, relay what u hear in interviews. it seems he cant even do that properly. yosh responds to his tweet see below

update 2: also pre-loading which allows u to download games ahead of release date will also be coming this april. sony going ham!!

here is thread about battery test with led on and off, led off should result in 28 hours battery life as opposed to 12 hours with it on.

fw 1.7 coming to a ps4 near u in a few weeks. link for more details.

'rich video editor with a simple tool to personalise your video clips

export to and save the videos and screenshots you create by pressing the SHARE button to a USB drive.

HDCP off option for capturing gameplay via HDMI

As part of a separate system software update in the future, Twitch broadcasts to be archived

broadcasts will be also provided with a higher resolution of 720p'

There’s a lot more coming in this update as well, so stay tuned for more — there will be plenty in the update to excite everyone.

#2 Posted by clone01 (24641 posts) -

Console update waaaarrrrzzzzz.

#3 Posted by lostrib (35704 posts) -

Wow PS4 finally gets an update. X1 has had like 5. Lol

#4 Posted by clyde46 (45953 posts) -

Nice! Now I shouldn't have an issue recording gameplay.

#5 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (4282 posts) -

@lostrib said:

well x1 was a complete mess, after m$ received feedback from beta testers they fully launched the console with titanfall

#6 Edited by lostrib (35704 posts) -

@lostrib said:

well x1 was a complete mess, after m$ received feedback from beta testers they fully launched the console with titanfall

But it has teh skype and teh kinect. and dat party chat!

#7 Posted by misterpmedia (3380 posts) -

"b-b-b-but...." :)

#8 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3060 posts) -

So when you have no games to play, I guess this is what you get excited about. (I kid, I kid)

#9 Edited by planbfreak4eva (2870 posts) -

when will there be an update to support 3d blu rays? cause its a joke that it doesnt read them

#10 Edited by Wasdie (49739 posts) -

What link?

#11 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (4282 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

What link?

god damn it a mod edit my thread and made it crap. boooo!!!

#12 Posted by charizard1605 (56840 posts) -

So this is what System Wars has fallen to...

#13 Edited by Harisemo (4133 posts) -

What a shit update. Meanwhile MS continues to add features upon features.

#14 Edited by tymeservesfate (1659 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786: this is GREAT. good for you cows...a little after MS, a little late to the party...but GREAT. when is the youtube app coming?

#15 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3535 posts) -

Ghostwarrior go away.

#16 Posted by freedomfreak (39972 posts) -
#17 Edited by CyberLips (1823 posts) -

@WadeFan said:

So when you have no games to play, I guess this is what you get excited about. (I kid, I kid)

And then we wonder why we can't have civil gaming discussions in GameSpot when even the mods start shit like this.

#18 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (4282 posts) -

@princessgomez92: @tymeservesfate: the update is causing MAJOR butthurt guys. lems were about to kick the bucket following vr news and now this... this im afraid could exterminate them.

SDC SDC SDC feel like trolling today

#19 Posted by misterpmedia (3380 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786: this is GREAT. good for you cows...a little after MS, a little late to the party...but GREAT. when is the youtube app coming?

Well MS have gotta be speedy as they released the thing half baked. Surprised they didn't get sued lol. PS4 UI has been fully functional since launch. :). But yes thank you lem, this is great. Oh and youtube can be viewed from PS4's superior browser. Just a tip. <3

#20 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (4282 posts) -
#21 Posted by freedomfreak (39972 posts) -
#22 Posted by bobbetybob (19249 posts) -

Lol you're just jelly because the PeePoo never gets any updates ZD

#23 Edited by Wasdie (49739 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Wasdie said:

What link?

No I didn't, your original post didn't include a link.

Don't falsely accuse me of messing with your post because you forgot the link. I can see your edit history. You didn't have the link in your original post.

I am going to edit to remove that ridiculous title you've edited onto the post.

#24 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (4282 posts) -

thats enough 'fun' for today, later bit%hes!! off to work

#25 Posted by charizard1605 (56840 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

Lol you're just jelly because the PeePoo never gets any updates ZD

But the Wii U has had some very major firmware updates D:

In fact, it had a very substantial one on day one! Did PS4 have one as substantial on the first day? I ask you

#26 Posted by Snugenz (11839 posts) -

Being able to save captured footage/shots is a great step in the right direction, though i'd like to see an option to upload directly to youtube added in the future, instead of the shitty facebook/twitter options we have now.

#27 Edited by AppleFan1991 (3060 posts) -

@CyberLips: uh...calm down. Notice the (I kid, I kid) part as in it was A JOKE.

#28 Edited by tymeservesfate (1659 posts) -

@princessgomez92: @tymeservesfate: the update is causing MAJOR butthurt guys. lems were about to kick the bucket following vr news and now this... this im afraid could exterminate them.

@charizard1605 said:

SDC SDC SDC feel like trolling today

what are you talking about? i congratulated you/cows O_o some of guys are way too into this is you can't ever be civil to one another for even a second lol.

#29 Posted by CyberLips (1823 posts) -

@WadeFan said:

That doesn't mean anything, the comment is there and will make people want to start an argument.

#30 Posted by santoron (7717 posts) -

Hope it has library management added. It's the one thing that really bugs me.

#31 Edited by coasterguy65 (5922 posts) -

It would be nice if I could watch mp4 files, and listen to MP3 files, off of a USB drive, on my PS4. It's sort of stupid that in 2014 it doesn't have this ability.

#32 Posted by tymeservesfate (1659 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

Well MS have gotta be speedy as they released the thing half baked. Surprised they didn't get sued lol. PS4 UI has been fully functional since launch. :). But yes thank you lem, this is great. Oh and youtube can be viewed from PS4's superior browser. Just a tip. <3

i've heard about the workaround...still seems convenient though. especially since the ps3 had its on app -shrugs-

also the XB1 wasnt released broken or anything lol...it functioned fine. it was just lacking some features that gamers wanted and MS has been improving the console fairly quickly ever since hearing their wants.

#33 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3060 posts) -

@CyberLips: bahaha you REALLY need to be a little less sensitive. As you can see the only one that reacted to that comment was YOU. Again, it was a joke, obviously so.

#34 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (4282 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Wasdie said:

What link?

No I didn't, your original post didn't include a link.

Don't falsely accuse me of messing with your post because you forgot the link. I can see your edit history. You didn't have the link in your original post.

I am going to edit to remove that ridiculous title you've edited onto the post.

dude it obviously wasnt u, it was edited before u got here. the original thread title had '(lems go away)' and the op had a pic and was linked. why the hell would i why? haha

#35 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4591 posts) -

@lostrib said:

PS4 hasn't needed dragging out of beta after a rushed launch :)

#36 Posted by Shewgenja (8758 posts) -
#37 Posted by lostrib (35704 posts) -

@lostrib said:

PS4 hasn't needed dragging out of beta after a rushed launch :)

Needs updates, beta confirmed

#38 Posted by heretrix (37339 posts) -

@WadeFan said:

That doesn't mean anything, the comment is there and will make people want to start an argument.

Lol. Who pissed in your oatmeal this morning?

#39 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13806 posts) -

Lol update wars.

#40 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6683 posts) -

Sony cant afford to update the PS4.

#41 Posted by cainetao11 (17284 posts) -

@clone01 said:

Console update waaaarrrrzzzzz.

LOL it has become something the fanatics are throwing around lately huh?

#42 Posted by tdkmillsy (1312 posts) -

I was told by reliable informants on these forums the PS4 doesn't need update's its perfect.

Was I lied to ?

#43 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4633 posts) -

HDCP disabled for gameplay.

Great. Brilliant. Excellent. Thank you Sony. Thank you Lord Kaz.

Although, whenever we see the Xbox One getting updates, cows inform us that all the updates should already be done. And this^ example of HDCP being on for gameplay ... that's certainly something that was wrong with the PS4, and they're going to fix it.

You see? It's really not so hard to admit that a console wasn't faultless.

#44 Posted by Heil68 (43933 posts) -

bu bu SONY NEVER gives us updates!!1111 :cry:

right @tymeservesfate???

lolz

SONY, by gamers FOR gamers, the Live, Learn and Love way. MS take note how it's done. AWWWWW YEAHHHHHHH

#45 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1937 posts) -
#46 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9646 posts) -

IDK what the problem is, at this point all consoles need alot of updates and fixing they can get.

I welcome any and all updates at this point.

#47 Posted by tymeservesfate (1659 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

right @tymeservesfate???

lolz

SONY, by gamers FOR gamers, the Live, Learn and Love way. MS take note how it's done. AWWWWW YEAHHHHHHH

yes clown prince...i hear what ur saying HA.

not as bad as i made you cry though LOL. had you trying to act serious and mature for a week straight on the board XD...but here you are, back in ur place, as the buffoon..the imbecile. you even had the other members shushing you on the podcast that week, like a bitch LMAO....but yes, :cry: old fool :cry: but you better stay in character. because i enjoy pulling ur lame ass card, trick ;}

#48 Posted by sailor232 (4577 posts) -

ps4 updates = Sony is amazing

Xbox updates = BETA MODE!!

#49 Edited by Spartan070 (16333 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

broadcasts will be also provided with a higher resolution of 720p'

Option for 1080p for faster connections hopefully coming down the line but in the meantime...

#50 Posted by Heil68 (43933 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

right @tymeservesfate???

lolz

yes clown prince...i hear what ur saying HA.

not as bad as i made you cry though LOL. had you trying to act serious and mature for a week straight on the board XD...but here you are, back in ur place, as the buffoon..the imbecile. you even had the other members shushing you on the podcast that week, like a bitch LMAO....but yes, :cry: old fool :cry: but you better stay in character. because i enjoy pulling ur lame ass card, trick ;}

You got owned 3 posts into that abomination of a thread when someone pointed out SONY has had 2 updates already. It was delicious and I ate it all gone. nom nom nom SONY wins *again* and thus all is well in the world. #legendary