Sony NEVER had intentions of XBone DRM for PS4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@sts106mat said:

buh buh sony teh good intentions all teh time

http://www.techspot.com/news/51227-sony-applies-for-rfid-drm-patent-that-would-block-used-games.html

"Durrr I don't know that companies patent everything they think of so they can profit off the licenses if someone else wants to use them."

sts humiliates himself once again.

"Never had any intentions ... "

"Patents DRM ..."

Good grief at the self-delusion

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#52 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@Chutebox said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Shewgenja said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@sts106mat said:

http://www.techspot.com/news/51227-sony-applies-for-rfid-drm-patent-that-would-block-used-games.html

This thread is the definition of blind fanboyism. After the fallout of it all does anyone expect them to say "oh well yeah, we were looking at it also." My god.

Yeah, this thread is pretty embarrassing.

It is pretty embarassing for MS apologists, isn't it?

No, it's embarrassing for slavish cheerleaders like yourself who display an astonishing lack of critical thinking skills.

All evidence points to Sony not using it or announcing it at the conference. Not sure what critical thinking skills you are using.

But no evidence points to Sony NEVER, as TC claims, having intentions before seeing the negative fallout from MS' stupid E3 2013. That is critical thinking. Rather than just saying, "well Sony employee says never so it must be true"

Exactly.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@sam890 said:

You know it could just be PR.....

Keep the dream alive! That's the spirit!

You really think Sony would come out and say "Yes! we had DRM on a draconian scale, just like MS". That makes people think that if they had planned it, they could still be planning it. Once again we have, Cows hanging on every word Sony says and treats it as gospel.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#54 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

people making a huge deal out of nothing. Sony never announced DRM and never implemented it either anyway. Sony really do cares about the gamers.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

@Gue1 said:

people making a huge deal out of nothing. Sony never announced DRM and never implemented it either anyway. Sony really do cares about the gamers.

I agree on your first 2 points, on the last Sony is a business, like all others, and cares about its bottom line and $.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@hoosier7 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@sts106mat said:

"Durrr I don't know that companies patent everything they think of so we can profit off the licenses if someone else wants to use them."

Oh dear sts is sinking low these days.

This, after all the ownage and abuse he gets on here and from Xbone failing on all fronts...he won't learn.

Also funny that he has a Titanfall avatar, brb superior version of TItanfall 2 coming to PS4.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

"b...bu...bu....bu....but Sony too!!!1"

LMFAO. Lems continue to embarrass themselves.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@Gue1 said:

I agree on your first 2 points, on the last Sony is a business, like all others, and cares about its bottom line and $.

Which means, they will **** you over if they can get more money out of you.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By GreySeal9

@Chutebox said:

@cainetao11:

Maybe, but there is no evidence that they would be doing it down the line either. I don't see any reason for people to be attacking OP for this.

If the TC had simply argued that what's important is that Sony never implemented or announced DRM policies, nobody would be mocking him. He is being mocked for is pretending to know Sony's intentions and using their own words as evidence of this. As a fellow PlayStation fan, you might feel sympathetic towards the TC, but others will not be so kind toward such naive cheerleading.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

@clyde46 said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@Gue1 said:

Like last gen when cows made a huge deal over paying for playing online and now just sit and take it. These corporations don't give a flying monkey about their consumers beyond their money.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#61  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

@Chutebox said:

@WilliamRLBaker said:

lolololol

oh shew such an idiot so sony talks about the PR move about the PR move ABOUT the PR move where they were working on DRM and how they distanced themselves from the PR move by making another PR move, to then make another PR move.

Simply put this is all we have to post as a reply to this idiocy.

Climb back down your hole.

And buy Barbasol

Only $2 bucks at your nearest Family Dollar

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

come on son, sony aint about that. even larry knows that.

theyre all about that live learn love mantra <3

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 GreySeal9
@blue_hazy_basic said:

@clyde46 said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@Gue1 said:

Like last gen when cows made a huge deal over paying for playing online and now just sit and take it.

And then they try to justify Sony charging for online with such idiocy as "Sony gives us free games" even though they are paying to have those "free" games. I, for the life of me, don't understand why it's so important for Sony fanboys to feel like Sony is some kind of angelic company.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#64  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:

@Chutebox said:

@cainetao11:

Maybe, but there is no evidence that they would be doing it down the line either. I don't see any reason for people to be attacking OP for this.

If the TC had simply argued that what's important is that Sony never implemented or announced DRM policies, nobody would be mocking him. He is being mocked for is pretending to know Sony's intentions and using their own words as evidence of this. As a fellow PlayStation fan, you might feel sympathetic towards the TC, but others will not be so kind toward such naive cheerleading.

@Chutebox Did you not read the thread title? Or read the link as proof to back it up? Why on earth would any rational human being who IS NOT in love with a corporation believe a paid employee when he says his employer was never going to implement what has become the worst, and stupidest move in recent console history, despite patent filed, that allude to at least having the option?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 cainetao11

@tonitorsi said:

@Chutebox said:

@WilliamRLBaker said:

lolololol

oh shew such an idiot so sony talks about the PR move about the PR move ABOUT the PR move where they were working on DRM and how they distanced themselves from the PR move by making another PR move, to then make another PR move.

And buy Barbasol

Dude, is Barbasol still sold?

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By tonitorsi

@Cheleman said:

#Preachify that shit Chele

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 GreySeal9

@tonitorsi said:

@Cheleman said:

#Preachify that shit Chele

Just thought you should know that your constant gif posting is super basic.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Here it is from the dragons mouth. They had to rewrite their 2013 E3 conference script to distance themselves from the DRM fiasco because lying fanboys wanted to make something of nothing and Sony had no intention of playin along or getting caught up in the crossfire.

I love been right..hahaha

Butbutbut sony changed the policy at last minute..hahaha

It was clear Yoshida it self stated it since February they would not block used games,but xbots trolls continue to claim that sony would just so that they could justify what MS was doing....

@sts106mat said:

Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida has told Eurogamer that PlayStation 4 will not block the use of second-hand games, contrary to various reports, speculation and even a Sony patent unearthed last month.

Interestingly, I also spoke to a Sony source elsewhere at the event this evening who told me that the anti used-game patent discovered last month was actually nothing to do with PlayStation 4 at all.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-21-sony-tells-eurogamer-playstation-4-will-not-block-used-games

A month latter debunked by sony it self,and Eurogamer was confirmed by a source that the patent they summit wasn't even PS4 related..hahahaha

http://nerdapproved.com/gaming/playstation-3-to-block-used-game-use/

Remember on 2005 the same rumor came that sony would block used games on PS3,again because sony summit a patent,funny enough it was all the contrary not only sony didn't block used games,but you could even share PSN games with up to 5 people,when MS strict DRM on xbox live games was brutal.

Lesson to learn here,there is a market for patent trolling and IF MS wanted to block used games,and sony had a patent on it what do you think will happen.?

@sts106mat said:

or maybe installing rootkits on music CD's

removing back compat so they can sell you all the last gen games again!

no company is perfect.

This "Sony can do no wrong" thing, is just sad.

Yet the PS2 and PS1 didn't have rootkits on it right.? Because yeah sony music and SCE were 2 different branches from sony.

Any time i see lemming like you bring rootkits i just laugh because it is pathetic is was sony music not SCE who did that and they were effectively different branches within the same company no PS1 or PS2 game ever had that.

@cainetao11 said:

@sts106mat said:

This thread is the definition of blind fanboyism. After the fallout of it all does anyone expect them to say "oh well yeah, we were looking at it also." My god.

You talking about fanboysm.? hahaha

Dude sony debunked that rumor a month after it appear look a little higher in my reply to Stsmats,not only that sh** like that was also say about the PS3 on 2005,for the same sh** reason some one saw a patent and deduced it was for the PS3.

@cainetao11 said:

Dude we've allseen cows put down MS because of suppositions based on corporate culture. You really believe just because a Sony employee says this, knowing now how bad the fallout was that there is no reasonable doubt? You know Ted Bundy said he was innocent for years after murdering over 30 women. Come on bro you're smarter than that.

WTF....hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

And you dare talk about fanboyism...hahahaha

So Ted Bundy was guilty that mean sony is as well WTF is that analogy really man.?

@cainetao11 said:

Why is this held in regard

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-files-another-trademark-for-horror-game-until/1100-6420951/

But this isnt

Look bottom line, Sony outmaneuvered MS like a chess pro. None of us knows for sure what Sony's intentions were, but posting a story from a Sony employee denying it is not credible evidence. If you instantly believe it, you are on board, a fanboy, in love.

http://segmentnext.com/2012/12/21/ps4-gpu-switching-technology-patented-by-sony/

I guess that mean the PS4 has 2 GPU's because you know all patents are make with the intentions of putting them on practice rather than just patent troll like Immersion did to Sony,MS and Nintendo with Rumble...

Just wait for the PS4 to turn on its second GPU and the xbox one will be even further behind..hahahaha

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50547 Posts
@GreySeal9 said:

@Chutebox said:

@cainetao11:

I don't give a shit about companies. he is assuming they would never do it while others are assuming they will. No difference

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

/facepalm. Why did you have to make this thread? It was never going to go down well in SW.

It seems to be doing brilliantly!

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50547 Posts
@cainetao11 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Chutebox said:

@cainetao11:

@Chutebox Did you not read the thread title? Or read the link as proof to back it up? Why on earth would any rational human being who IS NOT in love with a corporation believe a paid employee when he says his employer was never going to implement what has become the worst, and stupidest move in recent console history, despite patent filed, that allude to at least having the option?

Ya, I know. Patent means jack shit, though. If MS did very well and the sales were changed, Sony would have done the same. No arguing that.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By GreySeal9

@Shewgenja said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

/facepalm. Why did you have to make this thread? It was never going to go down well in SW.

It seems to be doing brilliantly!

So are we now at the stage of pretending this was some kind of troll thread?

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#73  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@Shewgenja said:

Here it is from the dragons mouth. They had to rewrite their 2013 E3 conference script to distance themselves from the DRM fiasco because lying fanboys wanted to make something of nothing and Sony had no intention of playin along or getting caught up in the crossfire.

Donald Duck Laughing

There is just one thing you seem to keep forgetting.

SONY LIES!!!

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Being in their horrible financial situation I believe it.

Now if Sony were on more sound financial footing we might have seen the end of Gamestop.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By tonitorsi

@cainetao11 said:

@tonitorsi said:

@Chutebox said:

@WilliamRLBaker said:

lolololol

And buy Barbasol

Dude, is Barbasol still sold?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Barbasol-Soothing-Aloe-Thick-Rich-Shaving-Cream-10-oz/17619758

Yeah mayne.

Pretty cheap in Walmart. William take notes, doe.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

"b...bu...bu....bu....but Sony too!!!1"

LMFAO. Lems continue to embarrass themselves.

Cows continue to bow to Sony and kiss their hairy asses. lmao!! I think that's even more embarrassing.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 cainetao11

@tormentos:

Yeah I am calling fanboyism. Because a Sony employee, whether it be month or a day after a patent (which for some reason all the expert entrepreneurs in SW seem to believe means zero, when if that were true there would be no reason to pay file fees for NOTHING) states that they have no intention means there never was a thought in the corporation of doing so? Maybe others are, but I am in no way excusing MS' stupid E3 of 2013. Go back and read ALL my posts Mr. Cow. But to post Sony NEVER had an intention because an employee said so? Dude, are you for real? People, especially corporate people don't lie? Come on dude you're smarter than that. This or your Feb 2013 post do not wash away reasonable doubt. As I said earlier, NON OF US KNOW FOR SURE WHAT SONY'S INTENTIONS WERE. But believing they are Saintly because a paid employee says so? Are you that gullible? Ok wanna bet on the Germany vs Brazil game?

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#78 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Sony re-wrote portions of its E3 2013 presentation - when the company fully unveiled the PlayStation 4 - after seeing Microsoft's unpopular announcements detailing the Xbox One's initial policies regarding used games and DRM.

no shit, really?! That would be when they decided to drop the PS Eye in order to undercut Microsoft on price as well.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

In other words MS were the only assholes that day. Nothing changed one year later.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Is it really so hard for people to wrap their heads around the fact that Sony sells Playstations in countries that MSes XBox Division can't even pronounce? Why would they implement crazy DRM on the PS4 if the global infrastructure just isn't in place to align it with the Playstation business model??

You guys can argue "teh logic" and "teh patents" and the "Why WOULDN'T Sony do it?" all you want but the real story here is that MS made a calculated mistake in putting a glowing target on the forehead of the most developed countries and said "Here, this product is for you. You can be tethered to our money-leeching network ALL THE TIME NOW." and forgot that people with internet also do things like communicate on forums about how terrible such ideas are.

ALL you guys can do is try to pin the tail on the Sony donkey at this point and IT NEVER GETS OLD WATCHING YOU TRY.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#81  Edited By Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

We all know companies patent things all the time but thats because there might be some use to it in the future. So they were considering it at the least. You guys are telling me that getting patents for such things means they NEVER had the intention of doing it or at least thinking about it?

If you want I can act like a blockhead and act like patents serve no purpose and people just patent stuff for the shits and lulz with no intent.

What really matters is Sony didn't do it and Microsoft is the one who did, end of story.

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#82  Edited By DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts

The only fact we need is this, THEY DIDN'T. End of story. Any speculation beyond that is just that, empty speculation. MS F'ed up, Sony didn't. Accept it, move on.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 tormentos
@WilliamRLBaker said:

lolololol

Interestingly, I also spoke to a Sony source elsewhere at the event this evening who told me that the anti used-game patent discovered last month was actually nothing to do with PlayStation 4 at all.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-21-sony-tells-eurogamer-playstation-4-will-not-block-used-games

A month latter sony debunks the rumors,and Eurogamer confirm the patent was even PS4 related..ahaaha

You poor sheen..hahahha

Spong.com is reporting that rumors have flared across the internet regarding new technology embedded in PS3 games that would make them playable on only one console.

“Registered with Japan’s patent office, the concept would see each game disc individually encoded. Upon being played for the first time, the host hardware would store then delete from the disc the security codes required for registering the software with the console.”

http://nerdapproved.com/gaming/playstation-3-to-block-used-game-use/#VvTGj5V1192jFjGM.99

Butbutbut the same sh** was say on 2005 about the PS3 because of a patent,when sony allowed even PSN games to be share with 5 people,while xbox live would not even allow you to play your own games on your own HDD with a different profile without turning them into demos..hahahaa

@cainetao11 said:

That is not the only reason its done. Its also done as a safety net for the future as in weigh the pros and cons. When MS made fools of themselves, Sony saw overwhelmingly CONS. Now why on earth would they say " well we did file a patent in order to look further into this"? Saying that, with the way the gaming media and consumer base is, with their Judges Gavel would be stupid PR. They filed the patent. That wasn't fake.

The only difference is you sad lemming that the PS4 didn't require a damn update of software to remove any DRM,period there was no DRM for used games so sony didn't have to do that,you can't fu**ing build games around a DRM measure and all of the sudden drop it in an instant MS had to do a rush patch that could not even be implemented hardware wise before the xbox on was launch,so yeah sony didn't have DRM in line it was very clear.

They just played MS like fools and use it as an advantage,either way sony debunked that sh** since February 2013 you fanboys just didn't listen..

@cainetao11 said:

And I sure enjoy my Sony games. I have owned every console they have made, and hand held. I'll be playing my Vita on the train out of the city in a few hours. At least you get it dude. There are Lems on here that act the same, but as PS is the most popular world wide it also has the most ridiculous worshippers. A Sony employee deflected what could be translated as negative? NO WAY!

Is not what you own is who you are always downplaying and who are you always defending...

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

I'm really surprised at how some fanboys are, in this case cows, who can't even seem to want to accept that the possibility of this just being PR as others have said, and just immediately call others who share a different opinion a lem. Personally I do believe that it's just PR talk but you never know.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Okay.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
@Shewgenja said:

Is it really so hard for people to wrap their heads around the fact that Sony sells Playstations in countries that MSes XBox Division can't even pronounce? Why would they implement crazy DRM on the PS4 if the global infrastructure just isn't in place to align it with the Playstation business model??

You guys can argue "teh logic" and "teh patents" and the "Why WOULDN'T Sony do it?" all you want but the real story here is that MS made a calculated mistake in putting a glowing target on the forehead of the most developed countries and said "Here, this product is for you. You can be tethered to our money-leeching network ALL THE TIME NOW." and forgot that people with internet also do things like communicate on forums about how terrible such ideas are.

ALL you guys can do is try to pin the tail on the Sony donkey at this point and IT NEVER GETS OLD WATCHING YOU TRY.

Dude you made a flag waving provocative thread, what did you expect to happen, everyone else to bow with at the Sony worshipping altar?

Sony completely outmaneuvered MS, who thought Sony would go down the same path, don't make it seem like Sony are some paragon of virtue. They are a business, a corporation, who want your money every bit as much as MS. You're blind in your devotion if you think they didn't weigh the pros and cons and decided that it was more profitable not to do it. If they had thought the opposite you can be sure they would have. Its the same as last gen when cows accused MS of money grabbing with XBL and claimed they'd never pay to play online and now they do. You're fooling yourself if you believe that Sony or any major corporation cares about YOU.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By cainetao11

@tormentos: Is not what you own is who you are always downplaying and who are you always defending..."

You fvckin said it bro!! You act like your company of choice is so innocent because the last major eff up was on MS (which it definitely was, check my post history, but you don't because you're afraid of truth)

Nov 10th, 2005 - Sony is caught hiding a rootkit inside music CD's that place a virus on users computer. Sony's Tom Hesse defends the decision by stating that people don't know what it is, so they shouldn't care

January 2007 - Sony, Busted Again!

Now that we know Sony cares about us, lets move on to the PS3...

Feb 27th, 2006 - Sony misses it's Spring launch date

May 5th, 2006 - SCEE CEO David Reeves: "It doesn't really matter what ships at launch." "The first five million are going to buy it, whatever it is, even it didn't have games,"

May 8th, 2006 - Sony holds it's E3 conference announcing the pricing of the PS3 at $600/$500

May 8th, 2006 - New PS3 controller will have six degrees of motion, but no rumble feature. Sony's Phil Harrison states that rumble was last gen and no longer needed.

May 17th, 2006 - Kutaragi: PlayStation 3 is "too cheap"

May 31st, 2006 - Sony's Phil Harrison denies copying the Wiimote and states that the PS3 will replace the PC

Sep 5th, 2006 - Gamers looking to get the best picture out of Sony's premium PlayStation 3 package will need to shell out extra for proper hookups.

Sept 6th, 2006 - PS3 is delayed in Europe until March 2007

Sept 6th, 2006 - PS3 launch shipment is cut from 2 million to 400,000 in the US (100,000 to Japan)

Sept 8th, 2006 - Sony's President admits that the company's hardware is in a current state of decline

Sept 26th, 2006 - PS3 first-party titles announced to be the same price as third party titles, at $59.99

Sept 26th, 2006 - Square Enix will not exclusively support Sony's PS3 as much as they did with the PS2.

Sept 29th, 2006 - Sony's President Ken Kutaragi states that his company does not care about the Xbox 360 and Wii competition.

October 12th, 2006 - Sony Exec calls the 360 and Wii "too expensive"

October 19th, 2006 - The infamous spec sheet comparison and how Sony claims the Xbox 360 requires HD-DVD to play games

October 20th, 2006 - Announced that Sony may have to replace your PS3 controller for you after it no longer holds charge

October 24th, 2006 - Sony sinks Lik-Sang

October 26th, 2006 - Sony's Q2 profits decrease by 94%

October 28th, 2006 - Sony president Ken Kutaragi said he expects the PS3 to be capable of running games at a stunning 120fps

October 30th, 2006 - PS3 will push Sony $1.71 billion into the red

October 31st, 2006 - Japan launch of the PS3 is cut to 80,000 units

Nov 8th, 2006 - Sony ships without update. You must update your PS3 out of the box in order to use PlayStation Network

Nov 9th, 2006 - NBA Live 2007 is cancelled on the PS3

Nov 9th, 2006 - Oblivion is pushed back from launch title to Jan 2007

Nov 10th, 2006 - Sony's Phil Harrison states that he can no longer confirm a March 2007 launch for Europe

Nov 11th, 2006 - PS3 launches in Japan and rewards few

Nov 11th, 2006 - Sony unprepared for Japan launch

Nov 14th, 2006 - Sony will miss 400,000 unit target for the US. Approx 150k to 200k will be shipped for launch

Nov 14th, 2006 - PS3 has backwards compatibility problems

Nov 16th, 2006 - PS3 downscales 720p games instead of upscaling to 1080i

Nov 16th, 2006 - Sony's Jack Tretton comments on the PS3 BC problems and states that the Wii has 0 backwards compatibility

Nov 20, 2006 - NYT not impressed with PS3

Nov 20, 2006 - Game Devs Prefer 360

Nov 20, 2006 - PS3 annoys Joystiq

Nov 21, 2006 - PS3, PSP Rainbow Six held till '07

Nov 23, 2006 - Saving Sony, one console at a time

Nov 25, 2006 - Sony retracts 1080i fix statement, leaving customers in lurch.

Nov 26, 2006 - More PS3 exclusives head to 360

Nov 26, 2006 - Bloomberg: Sony missed PS3 ship targets

Nov 30, 2006 - Sony shuffles senior execs

Nov 30, 2006 - Analyst: "I cannot imagine a PlayStation 4"

Dec 4, 2006 - Sony Australia: Wii "More Fun" than PS3

Dec 8, 2006 - Court rules for Immersion; Sony to pay up

Dec 11, 2006 - Industry watchers weigh in on "record-low tie ratios" for Wii and PS3 and other results from the month of the new systems' debut.

Dec 13, 2006 - Sony Admits Launching Fake Blog to Promote PSP

Dec 19, 2006 - Time says PS3 was a bust

Dec 20, 2006 - PC World Calls PS3 a top tech mistake of 2006

Dec 20, 2006 - Forced bundles and high retail price put consumers off, claims tracking firm.

Dec 21, 2006 - Virtua Fighter 5 dukes it out on Xbox 360

Dec 21, 2006 - Sony files patent for wiimote style hand-held controler

Dec 27, 2006 - PS3 Greymarket Watch: Scalpers Returning PS3s Back To Stores.

Dec 27, 2006 - Gamers who queued for days to buy Sony's PS3 are frantically trying to trade them for the much cheaper Wii.

Dec 28, 2006 - Sony's PS3: High-Scorer No More

Jan 4, 2007 - Sony spokesman David Karraker: "Everything that we put on store shelves sold out,"

Jan 4, 2007 - SCEA confirmed that there would be no supported force feedback technology with its PlayStation 3

Jan 8, 2007 - PS3 demand slows, stores stocked aplenty

Jan 9, 2007 - Sony Misses Worldwide PS3 Shipment Targets. They shiped a million in the US, but not in Japan.

Jan 10, 2007 - Motorstorm isn't going to be running in 1080p at 60FPS, despite Sony VP of Marketing David Dille saying this week that it would.

Jan 10, 2007 - Senior VP of Marketing Peter Dille: Every Sunday in the paper, there's a new deal with a free controller or a free game or $100 off all discounting the 360. I don't think you take those measures if you're selling as expected. (see Jan 13, 2007 entry)

Jan 11, 2007 - Analyst: Lagging PS3 Sales 'Troubling'

Jan 11, 2007 - ArsTechnica slams "misleading" Sony

Jan 13, 2007 - EB offers a deal, trade in your PS2, cables, a second controller and a memory card, to get $100 off a PS3, in what people assume is an attempt to actually move PS3 units.

Jan 15, 2007 - Analyst: Sony missing sales goals by 25%?

Jan 15, 2007 - Valve Software's chief Gabe Newell says PS3 a "total disaster on so many levels"

Jan 15, 2007 - PS3 sales figures 'not good' - IDC "Sony needs more must-have first-party titles to sell consoles"

Jan 17, 2007 - Sony CEO Howard Stringer: PS3 Only Using 20-25% of its Power

Jan 25, 2007 - Sony Uses PGR3 Screenshot to Promote Gran Turismo HD

Jan 26, 2007 - PS3: Now $50 More Expensive in Canada

Jan 26, 2007 - Epic Games' once-PC-and-PS3-exclusive shooter is now headed to Microsoft's new console with a slightly tweaked title, Unreal Tournament III.

Jan 29, 2007 - Sony Corp. may report third-quarter profit fell 50 percent after its flagship PlayStation 3 lost market share to Nintendo's Wii.

Jan 29, 2007 - Sony calls on Ken to save PS3

Jan 29, 2007 - Tetsuya Nomura, designer of FFXIII, has confirmed that Final Fantasy will not debut on the PS3 until 2008.

Jan 29, 2007 - Nvidia Shares Affected by Weaker Playstation 3 Demand

Jan 30, 2007 - Sony blamed the launching costs of its PlayStation 3 game console for much of the 5 percent drop in group net profit for the last three months of 2006

Jan 31, 2007 - SCEA spokesman David Karraker:"Nintendo's new console doesn't belong in the same category as the PlayStation 3." "Sony was selling out shipments of 100,000 PS3s in the US every week"

This company like any, has good and bad, guy. But it doesn't excuse anyone posting a sound bite by a sony employee defending his employer when there is evidence that creates reasonable doubt to the contrary. NOTE: I said reasonable DOUBT. I never said they are guilty. Just that when a company man claims they are innocent, I wont agree they are innocent.

But we all know your agenda. Mine has become much more rational in the last ten years then yours that's for shit sure.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

Why does it matter? They never did.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 cainetao11

@shadowchronicle:

Bra-effin- O. That is the point I believe I have stated many times in this thread. I have repeatedly called out MS as business idiots for what they did, but to claim Sony NEVER had a thought, inclination, or masturbated to the idea of DRM when they filed a paten is blind denial. I was a series 7 registered broker, practiced in corporate practice and investment rules. Its all public record, PM me, I'll give my real name so anyone can verify. Companies filing patents is not equal to nothing. That is BS, fanboy, pretend they are saints drek. They filed the patent, there was a "just in case thought" which refutes TC's thread title.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Wait a second, cosolites told me console has no DRM!

Have i been duped?

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#91  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Just because a company applies for some patent that doesn't mean they will use the patent in any product they create.I believe sony because I think they looked at the market they wanted to grab before they thought about using that drm patent.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By cainetao11

@Jankarcop said:

Wait a second, cosolites told me console has no DRM!

Have i been duped?

They are such cry babies in love with pretend parents dude. I am new to PC gaming, basically since April 29th 2014, but my lord. I will take my rig and new laptop anyday. That's what I game on most because my X1, I have Titanfall and Watchdogs (which I don't even play) and Guacamelee and Max which are cool I guess. PS4 I will get but nothing screams at me to buy it.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 cainetao11

@super600 said:

Just because a company applies for some patent that doesn't mean they will use the patent in any product they create.I believe sony because I think they looked at the market they wanted to grab before they thought about using that drm patent.

But it doesn't mean they did not reserve the option to use it. So the thread title of NEVER is a lie, especially since the "proof" is from a Sony employee. Like he will say anything that could be construed as negative about who pays his bills?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts

@daious said:

@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@sts106mat said:

"Durrr I don't know that companies patent everything they think of so we can profit off the licenses if someone else wants to use them."

or maybe installing rootkits on music CD's

removing back compat so they can sell you all the last gen games again!

no company is perfect.

This "Sony can do no wrong" thing, is just sad.

They removed backwards compat last gen to cut costs not sell you last gen games. The chip removal and the other removals drove the price down. There was hardly a ps2 library on the PS3 until years after that decision.

Ugh the stupidity it burns. Guess what...no one is forced to re buy the games. What a dumb ass thing to complain about.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 tormentos

@clyde46 said:

@Shewgenja said:

@sam890 said:

You know it could just be PR.....

Keep the dream alive! That's the spirit!

You really think Sony would come out and say "Yes! we had DRM on a draconian scale, just like MS". That makes people think that if they had planned it, they could still be planning it. Once again we have, Cows hanging on every word Sony says and treats it as gospel.

You mean the same company who told people to get 2 jobs to get a PS3 and make a $600 console.?

Hell even saying we wanted to but the quick feedback we got from the industry make of change our mind,and still that would have have been acceptable,because it was MS lack of listening what got them into problems.

There wasn't any DRM to block used games,and a month after that patent was pot it was debunked by sony it self,just because a patent exist doesn't mean it will be put to use and you people know this stop grasping there are millions of patent that are not in use.

Sony also has a patent for dual GPU does that mean the PS4 had 2 GPU.?

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Like last gen when cows made a huge deal over paying for playing online and now just sit and take it. These corporations don't give a flying monkey about their consumers beyond their money.

I actually make a new PC for that,when my PSN+ subscription runs up (which i carry since before the PS4 was launch) i would drop PSN+ if there is no value to it,the reason i own it now is because it has value as on PS3 i still getting games to play,but as soon as i see the value fade away i am gone,i just buy the multiplatforms on PC,paying for online play is a stinking rip off.

@GreySeal9 said:

And then they try to justify Sony charging for online with such idiocy as "Sony gives us free games" even though they are paying to have those "free" games. I, for the life of me, don't understand why it's so important for Sony fanboys to feel like Sony is some kind of angelic company.

Is not free games.

PSN+ is like Sams or Cosco where you buy with discounts,the games at no extra cost are a nice extra and you do save on those a ton of cash because even renting games is not free either sure at gamefly you get to rent what you want and not something pre selected but gamefly is $15.99 a month which is $192 a year,and you can't have all the games you used during the year at 1 place,oh and if you want 2 games a month is $23 dollars even more expensive.

Paying for online play is a rip off no matter who does it,but denying that PSN+ has value is stupid,for years MS charge for nothing but P2P and lemmings love it.

Now at least Xbox live will be worth something now that is more like PSN+ still playing for online play is a rip off.

@blackace said:

There is just one thing you seem to keep forgetting.

SONY LIES!!!

So does MS and unlike the xbox one the PS4 didn't need a damn update on launch to remove DRM,yeah it wasn't need it because DRM wasn't there..

@cainetao11 said:

@tormentos:

Yeah I am calling fanboyism. Because a Sony employee, whether it be month or a day after a patent (which for some reason all the expert entrepreneurs in SW seem to believe means zero, when if that were true there would be no reason to pay file fees for NOTHING) states that they have no intention means there never was a thought in the corporation of doing so? Maybe others are, but I am in no way excusing MS' stupid E3 of 2013. Go back and read ALL my posts Mr. Cow. But to post Sony NEVER had an intention because an employee said so? Dude, are you for real? People, especially corporate people don't lie? Come on dude you're smarter than that. This or your Feb 2013 post do not wash away reasonable doubt. As I said earlier, NON OF US KNOW FOR SURE WHAT SONY'S INTENTIONS WERE. But believing they are Saintly because a paid employee says so? Are you that gullible? Ok wanna bet on the Germany vs Brazil game?

So you continue to ignore the evidence presented to you,the same sh** was say about the PS3 in 2005,again for the same reason a patent,a patent means nothing.

Specially when Eurogamer 1 months after the so call patent was spotted debunked it as something that wasn't PS4 related,something that is confirm by the fact that sony never ever claimed to block used games,and that their console didn't need a patch to remove DRM,this is a case of blind fanboys trying to imply that sony would have DRM because MS was also having,MS confirmed no used games sony never did and all the contrary deny it.

Corporation lie all the time,problem is you have no evidence what so ever about sony lying about this,they had a patent which only gods knows what purpose had it was filed well after the rumors of MS blocking used games on the next console so yeah it could very well be patent trolling.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

I think the problem was created when Tretton told Gametrailers that it was up to third parties concerning DRM and many outlets rushed to to create notes about how PS4 was confirmed to have a similar to XBONE DRM policy. Also some interview with Yoshida about consumer feedback on the XBONE policies backlash was quickly taken by many outlets as a confirmation that Sony had indeed backpedaled.

While it's hard to know the truth in the end, I have a feeling media speculation had a lot to do with this.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 LJS9502_basic

@glez13 said:

I think the problem was created when Tretton told Gametrailers that it was up to third parties concerning DRM and many outlets rushed to to create notes about how PS4 was confirmed to have a similar to XBONE DRM policy. Also some interview with Yoshida about consumer feedback on the XBONE policies backlash was quickly taken by many outlets as a confirmation that Sony had indeed backpedaled.

While it's hard to know the truth in the end, I have a feeling media speculation had a lot to do with this.

The only concrete fact we have is that MS announced DRM. Period. Speculating about what other companies might have had is just that. Pointless and not based on facts.

If you are a MS fan boy......admit MS screwed up and move on. Note: Not directed toward you.

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 sam890
Member since 2005 • 1119 Posts

Sony would never lie to it's precious Cows.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@sam890 said:

Sony would never lie to it's precious Cows.

Whether Sony would or would not is not the question. But you should post something factual as proof and not opinions. Also my post above is applicable to you.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Sony disc based DRM is already in the TOS. You dumb asses agreed to it already and Sony is just waiting to enforce it.

STFU about Sony being some angel or savior. They are the biggest backstabbers in the business.