Sony mysteriously tweets with "Crash wants a hug" :o

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by finalstar2007 (24864 posts) -
#2 Posted by Heil68 (42654 posts) -

I thought it was just stated it isn't coming? I guess we'll see.

#3 Posted by bobbetybob (19086 posts) -

Oh my God!!! They also posted a picture of an original Dualshock controller, DUALSHOCK 1 IS COMING BACK, YES THANK YOU SONY.

They also posted this:

OH MY GOD PLAYSTATION SNACKS CONFIRMED ALL PRAISE SONY.

For God sake people use some common sense, just because they posted a photo of something doesn't mean a damn thing.

#4 Edited by happyduds77 (1367 posts) -

@bobbetybob: The thing is, it's not just that tweet. They are advertising Crash in Brazil and Activision removed their Crash Bandicoot website.

Though I really don't care that much. I am not as nostalgic as many people are.

#5 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25417 posts) -

Why do this when Crash nostalgia is currently at such a high. They're either a dick teasing gang of Satans or something is in the works.

#6 Posted by Shewgenja (7938 posts) -

"We'll wait til they show the XBox first."

-Sony

#7 Posted by charizard1605 (54389 posts) -

Activision just confirmed they own Crash still. The best case scenario I see is a proper revival that is PlayStation exclusive, but with Activision at the helm? Eh...

#8 Posted by Gue1 (9128 posts) -

Crash Bandicoot is not even on Activision's listing of owned IP's. People have called to their support line asking for Crash and it's not in their archives anymore.

#9 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21250 posts) -

Playstation all stars sequel or a DLC or a new Crash game.

#10 Posted by finalstar2007 (24864 posts) -

Activision just confirmed they own Crash still. The best case scenario I see is a proper revival that is PlayStation exclusive, but with Activision at the helm? Eh...

Well it could mean anything, they could still be in the process of selling the IP to Sony so they can still technically say its theirs but all these hints got to mean something.

hopefully we'll find out soon enough.

#11 Posted by Desmonic (12666 posts) -

Knowing Activision the best Sony would get would be some timed exclusive DLC lulz

#12 Posted by bobbetybob (19086 posts) -

@bobbetybob: The thing is, it's not just that tweet. They are advertising Crash in Brazil and Activision removed their Crash Bandicoot website.

Though I really don't care that much. I am not as nostalgic as many people are.

It would be a smart move for Sony and it could well be true, but a lot of these "hints" feel like people grasping at straws.

#13 Posted by lamprey263 (22430 posts) -

If Sony wants to pander to nostalgia appeal they should revive Psygnosis

#14 Posted by StrifeDelivery (1268 posts) -

Oh my God!!! They also posted a picture of an original Dualshock controller, DUALSHOCK 1 IS COMING BACK, YES THANK YOU SONY.

They also posted this:

For God sake people use some common sense, just because they posted a photo of something doesn't mean a damn thing.

Sounds like you need to calm down.

What purpose would Sony have to be tweeting about Crash? Nostalgia?

Something is up, we just don't know what yet.

#15 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6509 posts) -

Crash is coming back and Sony ha something to do with it. They wouldnt be doing all this teasing otherwise

#16 Posted by clyde46 (43564 posts) -

CRASH IT BACK!

#17 Posted by bobbetybob (19086 posts) -

@bobbetybob said:

They also posted this:

Yes it may well be nostalgia. Did you not see the 4 The Players video they put out with all the little secrets to old franchise hidden in it? It also has Parapa The Rapper in there and Resistance and Ico and a bunch of other older games listed as "Playstation Memories".

I'm not saying it's impossible for this to be happening and it would be great if these were all hints leading to an announcement but apart from this Crash related stuff happening at the same time (which, you know, could just be because they launched a new console and are purposefully trying to tap into peoples nostalgia) it's not very compelling evidence.

#18 Posted by Desmonic (12666 posts) -

They also posted this:

F*ck Crash, just give me those snacks Sony! :P

#19 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

the domination has won

#20 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25417 posts) -

Bruce Straley worked on CTR for those who don't know. The hints keep coming. It's a nice thought but chances are Crash will be shoved into the Skylanders franchise. A fate worse than death.

#21 Posted by Gue1 (9128 posts) -

da fuck is that shit?

#22 Edited by lamprey263 (22430 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@lamprey263 said:

da fuck is that shit?

a Sony studio that made some really great PS1 games

#23 Edited by StrifeDelivery (1268 posts) -

@StrifeDelivery said:

@bobbetybob said:

They also posted this:

Yes it may well be nostalgia. Did you not see the 4 The Players video they put out with all the little secrets to old franchise hidden in it? It also has Parapa The Rapper in there and Resistance and Ico and a bunch of other older games listed as "Playstation Memories".

I'm not saying it's impossible for this to be happening and it would be great if these were all hints leading to an announcement but apart from this Crash related stuff happening at the same time (which, you know, could just be because they launched a new console and are purposefully trying to tap into peoples nostalgia) it's not very compelling evidence.

Correct, but those memories were one big montage. To single out Crash for specific tweets is a little more suspicious, especially with all the news circling around him. Parappa came "back" in PSASBR, Resistance was just this last gen, Ico and SOTC were brought back via HD collection. IMO, there is something more going on with Crash than pure nostalgia.

#24 Edited by clyde46 (43564 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@lamprey263 said:

da fuck is that shit?

And you call yourself a Cow. Disgraceful.

#25 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@Gue1 said:

@lamprey263 said:

da fuck is that shit?

And you call yourself a Cow. Disgraceful.

Destruction Derby was a favourite of mine. But they had plenty of games I've heard other gamers praise, Colony Wars, Shadow of the Beast.

Psygnosis certainly were titanic.

#26 Edited by bobbetybob (19086 posts) -
@Desmonic said:

@bobbetybob said:

They also posted this:

F*ck Crash, just give me those snacks Sony! :P

I would totally eat those snacks though, they're all delicious.

#27 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3022 posts) -

Ok it's official. Something is going on with Sony and Crash. idk if they are going to buy the IP or have an exclusive game with Activision as the publisher or what. But can they even use that image of Crash without the ownership or consent from activision?

#28 Posted by Netherscourge (16327 posts) -

What we need is a Crash Bandicoot Open-World Platformer.

#29 Posted by Chrome- (1660 posts) -

YES, crash is coming home.

#30 Edited by Gue1 (9128 posts) -

@WadeFan said:

Ok it's official. Something is going on with Sony and Crash. idk if they are going to buy the IP or have an exclusive game with Activision as the publisher or what. But can they even use that image of Crash without the ownership or consent from activision?

too much teasing for it to be for nothing.

What we need is a Crash Bandicoot Open-World Platformer.

fuck open-world.

#31 Edited by Gue1 (9128 posts) -

The twitt was taken down.

The dream is dead. ;(

No Crash, no Shenmue, not even Yakuza 5... Everything is a lie.

#32 Posted by PsychoLemons (1913 posts) -

People still trust Twitter?

#33 Edited by finalstar2007 (24864 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

The twitt was taken down.

The dream is dead. ;(

No Crash, no Shenmue, not even Yakuza 5... Everything is a lie.

Seeing how they deleted it makes it even more of a tease... someone even asked Naughty Dogs on Twitter and all they replied with was "Greatness Awaits"

there has to be something going on with this franchise and Sony