Sony, MS or Nintendo - Who will win e3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by SolidGame_basic (19279 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Sony, MS or Nintendo - Who will win e3? (151 votes)

Sony 48%
MS 24%
Nintendo 27%

I'm going with Nintendo. They've been out longer and I think they're ready to finally reveal some awesome projects. Also, their backs are against the wall so to speak, but I think they've always something up their sleeve. What's SW's consensus?

#101 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7876 posts) -

I will watch Nintendo's conference/Nintendo Direct/whatever they end up doing. At this point, I don't care enough about the other consoles to take the time. I guess I will go back and watch Sony's conference if they actually announce some games for the Vita.

#102 Posted by blackace (21405 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

MS would have won last E3 if not for the DRM bullshit.

DRM wasn't even a part of M$ E3 last year. The first reveal was DRM & policies. The E3 was nothing buy games, indies and XBL. The only thing that hurt them was the price announcement. Sony was the opposite. They basically showed the exact same games from their reveal, exact for 2-3 real exclusives. Then they announced the great price. They also announced the fee for multiplayer online under their breath. Even gamers on here was like, "Did they just say we had to pay a fee to play online now?" lol!! I thought M$ had a better show when it came to the games. Sony had the bigger announcements.

#103 Posted by shellcase86 (2077 posts) -

@sonic_spark said:

Show the next-gen Zelda and Metroid, and possibly Starfox, or F-Zero, and Nintendo will dominate E3. As much as I like Halo, or Uncharted etc., Nintendo will sweep E3.

If they did all that, sure. They'de win hands down. But they won't. They're Nintendo. You're going to get one of those things. And event that's a maybe,

#104 Edited by xX0LDSCH00LXx (1409 posts) -

@jsmoke03 said:

@xX0LDSCH00LXx said:

@Nike_Air said:

@xX0LDSCH00LXx said:

@Krelian-co said:

@xhawk27 said:

MS would have won last E3 if not for the DRM bullshit.

ah lems delusions are always funny.

Umm.. MS actually had the games to show.

Don't know , man. (I won't include Vita exclusive stuff). Sony's pretty good looking stuff at the time -

Playable -

• The Last of Us
  • Beyond Two Souls
  • Puppeteer
  • Gran Turismo 6
  • Driveclub
  • Killzone Shadow Fall
  • Driveclub
  • Hohokum

Demos -

• inFAMOUS Second Son
  • Rain - (might have been hands-on playable too)

Microsoft had a bunch of games and some looked good , but some of them didn't look particularly good at the time like LocoCycle , Crimson Dragon , and Ryse. They unsurprisingly flopped since then.

Then of course the PS4 being $399 , and the Xbone $499 was big.

You could say Microsoft had more announcement trailers. They won that battle. There wasn't too much to the Halo trailer , though. And Black Tusk's espionage game (which caught my attention) has since been canned. Those seemed to have been just rushed out there for the sake of rushing something out there - maybe just to help ease the punch in the face $499 pricetag and the knee to the groin DRM.

Not only did MS win best exclusive games of E3 they are all currently rated higher on Metacritic.

what exclusive are you talking about? i hope you arent talking about titanfall because that is not an exclusive

I said exclusive GAMES you ignorant fanboy troll.

#105 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6046 posts) -

Nintendo *can* win it, but whether they will or not is still up in the air. They need to announce Wii U Zelda, Wii U Metroid(1st or 3rd person doesn't matter, as long as it plays in 3D) and a retro side scrolling 3DS Metroid. An F-Zero would help seal the deal, but any of the first three being playable at the show would spell a resounding loss for MS and Sony.

#106 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (7138 posts) -

I think all 3 will have big shows... Sony wants to keep the momentum going, MS wants to win back some fans & Ninty wants to remind everyone that they're still here. It's gonna be a big E3!

#107 Edited by Weird_Jerk (602 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

all 3 conference will be terrible. just gimmick, gimmick, yearly iteration, cinematic blockbuster games, gimmick etc

On the extremely rare occasion...I fully agree with everything you've just said here. Does anyone remember the last good E3? Maybe 4-5 years ago? The past 2 or 3 conferences, I wanted to tear my eyes out from my face. The only saving grace for me last year was the announcement of Mirror's Edge (Reboot edition). Everything else was either DoA, nothing groundbreaking (niche and fun, but nothing HUGE), and the stuff that does seem huge, such as No Man's Sky, will probably never see the light of day or get Spore'd. E3 is usually poo.

#108 Posted by kingjazziephiz (2461 posts) -

I'd say Nintendo Because the really have nothing to lose.

#109 Posted by nethernova (4262 posts) -

I just want Nintendo to give me a reason to finally buy the Wii U.

#110 Edited by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (2723 posts) -

Do you all honestly think that MS will drop the ball two years in a row? MS is going to come to E3 with guns blazing. They know that Sony has nothing until 2015 besides The Order 1886, so now is the time to strike and they will!! Of course we all know that Sony will show up with lots of fancy tech demos and a bunch of reveals, but none of it means anything as their fans are still waiting for last E3's greatness....and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting....!!! How is that 1080p load screen COWS??? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

#111 Posted by handssss (1898 posts) -

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

Do you all honestly think that MS will drop the ball two years in a row?

It's very possible.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

#112 Edited by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

@inb4uall: lems and herms jelly of naughty dog, and their triple AAA, most award winning linear games.

#113 Edited by Celsius765 (772 posts) -

@no-scope-AK47: Nah Iwata would have to be a moron to slash Wii U's price in half. It's already a pretty cheap console I don't know why everyone keeps saying it's expensive. I mean if some of you were wiling to shell out $500-$600 for ps3/xbox360 which came with a measely 20gb then buying wii u should be a cakewalk. I get that those consoles were new tech for their time but that does not mean Nintendo should have to sell their console ridiculously cheap right off the bat just because they're now just joining the HD era. Give them some elbow room to make a profit. it only cost $40 more than a ps3 stop acting like Nintendo is taking all your money and leaving you with pocket change. At $500 the XB1 should be making you feel faint especially given your average gaming pc could probably do all that at a lower price depending on if you're good with pcs. Yeah 32gbs is pretty miniscule but they had to start somewhere all the consoles do.

Now onto the topic at hand. I'm gonna say Nintendo or Sony. Nintendo for awhile now has been mostly been dishing 3DS news with a sprinkling of Wii U news. This makes me believe they are withholding their big announcements for E3(I won't hold my breath but it's a possibility). Add to that Wii U's dire situation, they need to wow the masses now or lose them forever, and what better chance than E3. I'm also thinking there may be announcements outside the E3 direct since Nintendo is licensing it's characters to third party devs. Onto Sony, they had a monster of an E3 last year and PS4 is flying off shelves, but it too is in a bit of a gaming drought. The early adopters have done their part so now it's Sony's turn. They absolutely must prove Ps4 is worth buying so soon. I have a feeling this year is gonna be big for them, if I recall they said all their studios are are making games, so I expect lots of announcements . I don't really know what to say about MS except they have to work on cleaning up their public image. Their drm policies has shaken consumer trust hard and even though they reversed them people are still somewhat reluctant to trust them. Not only that the Xbox consoles are rather shall we say delicate and prone to hardware failures, yes that has diminished over the years but I've heard stories of people having to replace their console 3-5 (are they dumb idk) which forced MS to issue 3 year warranties. How do we know Xb1 won't do the same? Well that's all I have to say on this

#114 Edited by Krelian-co (13098 posts) -

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

lol their e3 has been terrible since 2011 keep dreaming sad lem.

#115 Posted by BattleSpectre (7234 posts) -

Nintendo has a secret plan brewing, Reggie is going to dress up in his mech assault suit and take out the competition for reals. Over to you Reggie, how do you feel about this rumour?

#116 Posted by Nike_Air (18428 posts) -

@handssss said:

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

It's very possible.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Great post. lol Microsoft.

#117 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6256 posts) -

E3 is always traditionally disappointing shit. The only reason last year's was any good was because Sony told Microsoft to fuck off.

I reckon Nintendo will drop a bombshell that puts the Wii U back into the game, though. They'll have to.

#118 Edited by MirkoS77 (8377 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

3. Nintendo - Games. Games. More Games. Then some games on top of that. Everyone knows where their system is in the pecking order, and that has its own advantages. Nintendo doesn't have the pressure of taking eyes off the slugout the other two are going to have. This means they have the luxury of structuring their own message to gamers and showing how they can execute on that. These are the same guys who thrived during the N64 years and they did so with quality games and a strong handheld market back then (as it is now). For all the crap thrown at Nintendo in System Wars, Nintendo has the clearest path forward and don't have to waste any time muddying their own waters with any peripherals or new hardware or anything else. If you are a gamer, you will not want to miss Nintendo this year. They will have games.

I almost feel like bookmarking this.

What gives you any reason to think Nintendo's going to flood us with games? The Wii U is practically dead. Nintendo's not going to be investing in a platform that is assured lost money with such a small userbase and meager sale, it's business suicide. They are going to minimize Wii U output as much as possible. I'd say, if we're going to see any games from Nintendo, it's going to be:

-for the Wii U, aside from the new promised Zelda....more HD remakes. This saves them time of development and money and is the most sensible choice for a struggling system. If anything drops for the Wii U, I'd expect it to be something along the lines of Mario Galaxy HD bundle or more budget eshop games.

-3DS games. Of this I don't doubt we're going to see a few new titles.

-possibly more elaboration on their QoL platform.

Nintendo really needed to hit it out of the park last E3, and what they showed was just laughable. I don't know why people think Nintendo's all of a sudden going to turn into some insane beast of a company that will start dropping bomb after bomb. IF they have a PC at all, aside from Zelda we're really not going to see anything noteworthy.

#119 Posted by GamingGod999 (3134 posts) -

I have exams the day after E3, fuuuuu-! :'(

#120 Posted by sailor232 (5102 posts) -

Sony: Show nothing, have a boring conference that is about numbers, then in the last 5 minutes abuse the competition in a backhanded way ======WIN.

#121 Edited by kinectthedots (2669 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

@lglz1337 said:

sony ofcourse

they have the best and fresh 1st party

LOL, yea hows that going for them so far? absolutely no games on the horizon, a bunch of indie trash. I voted Nintendo, smash bros alone and X look better than anything MS or Sony has coming.

Infamous Second Son a first party exclusive is 1 mil sold in 9 days.

Seems to be going pretty well. June Drive Club is supposed to be released, if true I am super excited for that game. It was the game I was waiting to be released before Infamous made me fold and get a PS4 early.

#122 Posted by locopatho (20989 posts) -

Nintendo hate life and themselves. 1 or 2 amazing games (that I'll buy) and a couple of shitty exclusives and/or last gen ports.

Xbox One, who gives a shit. probably nothing, maybe a game that we regret missing because we aren't buying an Xbone.

PS4, the most 1st and 3rd party games.

#123 Edited by Shewgenja (11012 posts) -

I'm definitely starting to think that MS may not be able to hold on to any third party bombs for E3. Titanfall not breaking nearly as big as it should have after almost a full year of hype train from MS marketing shows some serious weakness. I'm not saying that to fanboy out for Sony or anything else. I just don't think devs and publishers are seeing big dollar signs with exclusivity agreements now.

Titanfall may have been the game changer Mehdi said it would be, but with an opposite of the intended effect.

#124 Posted by locopatho (20989 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

I'm definitely starting to think that MS may not be able to hold on to any third party bombs for E3. Titanfall not breaking nearly as big as it should have after almost a full year of hype train from MS marketing shows some serious weakness. I'm not saying that to fanboy out for Sony or anything else. I just don't think devs and publishers are seeing big dollar signs with exclusivity agreements now.

Titanfall may have been the game changer Mehdi said it would be, but with an opposite of the intended effect.

I assume whatever agreement MS made with EA will include provisions for poor sales. MS can easily afford to pay for exclusives, just like they could pay for Mass Effect and Sony could pay for MGS4 last gen.

#126 Edited by Shewgenja (11012 posts) -

@locopatho said:

@Shewgenja said:

I assume whatever agreement MS made with EA will include provisions for poor sales. MS can easily afford to pay for exclusives, just like they could pay for Mass Effect and Sony could pay for MGS4 last gen.

That's just simply not the case. When you're losing potential million+ sales at $59.99 a pop, the mystic money hat just doesn't fill those kinds of gaps. You're also jeopardizing the life cycle of the franchise itself. The paid exclusivity genie only has so many wishes.

#127 Posted by kinectthedots (2669 posts) -

I expect drama and underhanded mud slinging betwen the top guys much like System Wars fanboys.

After that

MS:

will boast about being a by gamers for gamers company stealing Sony's E3 tag line from last year and then show a Halo 5 cut scene (most likely pre-rendered) and a Gears 4 cut scene (also most likely pre-rendered). They will show Sunset Overdrive gameplay and Quantum Break gameplay and announce the Halo 2 remake with either a realtime cut scene, gameplay or both. The they will throw out a few low quality kinect games to try to make it still seem relevant before coming to a close.

xbox fanboys will say they won (regardless of how it looks or what is shown)

Sony:

will boast about stats for half an hour then then go on a game blitz, They will fiddle around with trying to make PS Vita sound relevant before dismissing it and talking about their new VR head gear thing and then show new stuff for PS4 most of what we already know about. They will show a realtime Uncharted 4 cut scene and show off gameplay of what TLOU looks like on PS4 along with new features they will show a bunch of third party console exclusive games like Planet Side II and then show new gameplay of The Order 1866, Drive Club and Deep Down

sony fanboys will say they won (with more game content they probably have a good argument but no one will agree)

Both should be pretty good based on what I said with the exception of 1 or 2 surprises from either Sony or MS it will pretty much go down exactly as I have laid out here.

#128 Posted by sonic_spark (4804 posts) -
@MirkoS77 said:

@Shewgenja said:

3. Nintendo - Games. Games. More Games. Then some games on top of that. Everyone knows where their system is in the pecking order, and that has its own advantages. Nintendo doesn't have the pressure of taking eyes off the slugout the other two are going to have. This means they have the luxury of structuring their own message to gamers and showing how they can execute on that. These are the same guys who thrived during the N64 years and they did so with quality games and a strong handheld market back then (as it is now). For all the crap thrown at Nintendo in System Wars, Nintendo has the clearest path forward and don't have to waste any time muddying their own waters with any peripherals or new hardware or anything else. If you are a gamer, you will not want to miss Nintendo this year. They will have games.

What gives you any reason to think Nintendo's going to flood us with games? The Wii U is practically dead. Nintendo's not going to be investing in a platform that is assured lost money with such a small userbase and meager sale, it's business suicide. They are going to minimize Wii U output as much as possible. I'd say, if we're going to see any games from Nintendo, it's going to be:

-for the Wii U, aside from the new promised Zelda....more HD remakes. This saves them time of development and money and is the most sensible choice for a struggling system. If anything drops for the Wii U, I'd expect it to be something along the lines of Mario Galaxy HD bundle or more budget eshop games.

Nintendo really needed to hit it out of the park last E3, and what they showed was just laughable. I don't know why people think Nintendo's all of a sudden going to turn into some insane beast of a company that will start dropping bomb after bomb. IF they have a PC at all, aside from Zelda we're really not going to see anything noteworthy.

In all fairness, that's one of the better "anti-Nintendo" things I've read as of late. System Wars makes me sick with idiocy. It's getting worse with time.

With that said... The Wii U is in second, with no major releases. That's saying a lot. There's some great games on the system, but all the "big titles" have yet to be released. You're right, that they should have hit it out of the park last year, but they did not. But a bunch of remakes and HD bundles? Take a look at Sony. That's what they do.

And just on a die note, people are touting Infamous selling a lot? Well what else is on the PS4?

All 3 console manufacturers have yet to release or show most of their first party stuff. In fact, arguably, the third parties are doing most of the work. At the end of the day, when it comes to first party titles, I'd say that Nintendo will have a great showing at e3, if in fact they show their big titles.

My expectations are as follows:

Sony - God of War 4, Uncharted 4, Gran Turismo

Microsoft - Halo 5, Gears 4

Nintendo - Zelda, Metroid, and a true 3D Mario. Hopefully a surprise along the lines of Starfox/F-Zero.

#129 Posted by 2Chalupas (5320 posts) -

This year's E3 should be one of the best E3's ever. So it's hard to say. I'm sure MS is going to drop next gen Halo as their huge reveal. If they also drop an announcement of Gears I'm going to puke. Fanboys would probably claim those type of things as victories no natter what the others do. But the reality is I want to see a diversity of games, and hopefully some stunning looking NEW ip's (or maybe some resurrected old IP's, rather than just doing the same stuff).

Is Nintendo even going to show up this year? I think it's definitely between Sony and Microsoft. Unless you are referring to a Nintendo direct... which I'm sure they will do around E3... and do it terribly.

#130 Posted by Bigboi500 (31309 posts) -

Nintendo if they show off Zelda U. Anyone else if they show Shenmue 3.

#131 Posted by MirkoS77 (8377 posts) -

@sonic_spark said:
@MirkoS77 said:

@Shewgenja said:

In all fairness, that's one of the better "anti-Nintendo" things I've read as of late. System Wars makes me sick with idiocy. It's getting worse with time.

With that said... The Wii U is in second, with no major releases. That's saying a lot. There's some great games on the system, but all the "big titles" have yet to be released. You're right, that they should have hit it out of the park last year, but they did not. But a bunch of remakes and HD bundles? Take a look at Sony. That's what they do.

And just on a die note, people are touting Infamous selling a lot? Well what else is on the PS4?

All 3 console manufacturers have yet to release or show most of their first party stuff. In fact, arguably, the third parties are doing most of the work. At the end of the day, when it comes to first party titles, I'd say that Nintendo will have a great showing at e3, if in fact they show their big titles.

My expectations are as follows:

Sony - God of War 4, Uncharted 4, Gran Turismo

Microsoft - Halo 5, Gears 4

Nintendo - Zelda, Metroid, and a true 3D Mario. Hopefully a surprise along the lines of Starfox/F-Zero.

I'll be happy just to see Zelda. I've come to not really expect much from Nintendo and am almost always usually proven right, so I'm just going to get hyped for what is confirmed by them to come. I am hoping and believe also that there's a good chance we'll see a Metroid announcement as well, but if anything it'll probably appear on the 3DS. Which is great by me as I'd love to see another 2D entry. And I'm ok with HD remasters, Wind Waker HD was great.

#132 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6256 posts) -

@sailor232 said:

Sony: Show nothing, have a boring conference that is about numbers, then in the last 5 minutes abuse the competition in a backhanded way ======WIN.

Another lemming salty about getting his teeth kicked in last May.

FYI the villain was Microshit and they deserved everything they got, don't try and rewrite history.

#133 Posted by cainetao11 (19532 posts) -

Supposedly MS cant fit all the games they have into their show so, I'm rolling the dice.

#134 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (18479 posts) -

Who will win at E3 ? Thats easy, whoever doesn't fall for the hype will win. By default, every system warrior automatically loses.

#135 Posted by ButDuuude (567 posts) -

Not Nintendo.

#136 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17516 posts) -

Whoever shows the most interesting games of course.

All three of them need to show more games that are releasing this year, because it looks weak so far.

#137 Posted by intotheminx (888 posts) -

If MS still doesn't understand what they are doing wrong before E3 they are in trouble. They lost a lot of customers to their competitor when they kept trying to roll with Kinect and failed to put out high quality games the last couple of years. They need to announce a price drop and show little to no Kinect crap at E3. It really needs to be about the games and I think they are starting to figure that out lol. Announcing a new Halo, Gears, Forza, Fable, Alan Wake game and another exclusive would definitely help.

#138 Edited by TrappedInABox91 (1020 posts) -

Is Nintendo even going to E3? They really should stop with the directs.

#139 Edited by Shewgenja (11012 posts) -

@sailor232 said:

There was nothing back-handed about it. It was a strong pimp-hand straight to the face. Rightfully so, too. $400. Stay mad bro.

#140 Posted by _SWAG_ (2663 posts) -

nintendo been dead, xbox died, PC don't matter. the sony show is still in affect y'all! e3 and gaming will flourish even if it's just sony owning it. No, don't gimme that crap about competition is good. no when sony is in downtown u know its pound town because sony leads the way n pounds everyone in site. put money on sony because they r for gamers by gamers imho

#141 Posted by MonsieurX (31680 posts) -

@_SWAG_ said:

nintendo been dead, xbox died, PC don't matter. the sony show is still in affect y'all! e3 and gaming will flourish even if it's just sony owning it. No, don't gimme that crap about competition is good. no when sony is in downtown u know its pound town because sony leads the way n pounds everyone in site. put money on sony because they r for gamers by gamers imho

GIANT ENEMY CRAB

#142 Posted by brimmul777 (1514 posts) -

I'm hoping for Microsoft,but probably not.

It's going to probably be Sony.

Lol @ Nintendo,definitly not.

#143 Edited by Celsius765 (772 posts) -

@brimmul777: actually it's plausible Nintendo could win since Ps4/XB1 are only 5 months pld. theindies maybe on board but bigger devs will need more time to make their games, so these two consoles are due for a major slow spell, not to mention when it comes to newly launched consoles the games tend to range from mediocre to average at best with the occasional sprinkling of big hits. But at the same time who knows what they'll unveil Nintendo rarely has any leaked information, so I guess I'm cautiously optimistic going forward from here. It's been slow but I'm somewhat impressed by the offerings so far from what I've seen in videos and such.

#144 Posted by TheShensolidus (224 posts) -

I'll give you my industry analysis. Keep in mind, I only really have some info on what MS is doing - the other two are total surprises.

Sony - They'll begin to peel the curtain back on 1st party a bit, but it won't be as much as the fans or journalists' demand. We'll see them announce some new features for the PS4 OS possibly, share more details on PS Now as well as give it a release date/window, and we'll hear more about Morpheus. As well as Driveclub, The Order, and Beyond:Two Souls PS4 edition, expect to see many on-stage demos of PS4 multiplat titles. Destiny MP will make its debut at this show, as well as GTA5 next-gen will announced, Batman Arkham Knight's first gameplay demo, Evolve and its new monster will be shown, and an extended demo of Assassin's Creed unity. Expect a few 2015 PS4 titles to finally be shown; from what I hear, there is a TON of them (1st party).

Nintendo - The big N is still in the worst position among the big 3, both internally and externally. They have to continue supporting the Wii U, which is pretty much a dead platform for all but first party. 3rd party will continue pulling back from it, even though there aren't a whole lot more who are left anyway. We'll get announcements on some new Wii-U games from Nintendo itself, but it'll very much be a company catering to itself.

I fully expect new Zelda to be there. Mario Kart will be out by then, and we'll probably get the summer release date for Smash on 3DS, which will be the focus and major money maker for that entry in the series, btw. It's too early to announce new hardware, so don't even have the slightest expectation of that. Maybe we get more release info on X, hopefully. I expect them to focus more on 3DS than wii-u, seeing as how 3DS is way more profitable for them atm, and Wii U is seemingly going nowhere.

Microsoft - A lot of people say that this E3 will make or break MS, and I don't really agree with that. MS is going to go hard on games, but we'll still hear and see about their other areas of development they have focused on. Expect updates on the Halo TV show and some of the other TV programming they have been developing for Xbox to be discussed here, but I don't think it'll take up major stage time. I don't think we will hear anything on the VR/AR front, and that is actually a good thing.

Halo 2 Anniversary (Holiday 2014), Forza Horizon 2 (Fall 2014), and Halo 5 in 2015 are some of the announcements you can expect. We'll see more on Quantum Break (2015), gameplay from Sunset Overdrive (fall/holiday 2014), gameplay from Fable Legends (2015). I'm sure MS is putting pressure on Black Tusk to have SOMETHING from the Gears project ready to be shown, just to get the fanbase excited, but that game is a 2016 release. We'll see the first snippets of KI season 2 (expect 3 character announcements, the rest over the summer/fall).

The craziness always comes from announcements. I've heard early word on some stuff brewing for MS and Sony... but its all early and hearsay from my colleagues around the industry. This can ALWAYS change last minute going into this thing, so I won't even begin to start discussing what i've heard until late-may/early-june, when most of that stuff is locked in and won't move.

#145 Edited by TheShensolidus (224 posts) -

@locopatho said:

@Shewgenja said:

They didn't 'pay' for Mass Effect, they funded the whole thing then lost it when EA bought out Bioware. All of the games are on PS3 now, and ME2 came out after a year of exclusivity which had come in the Bioware acquisition because MS had already invested in its development.

And yes, third-party exclusive deals become incredibly expensive, if they are even offered, once you are no longer the market leader. Games are selling better WW on PS4 in landslide numbers in some regions - 3rd party publishers are obligated to ensure their franchises and products can sell as many units as realistically possible.

I can assure you, no one in the 3rd party world is walking into a meeting with MS about selling a 3rd party exclusive without an outrageous price tag on the game. Sales are more than just financial return, its about market exposure. And if all your game can sell to is the smaller user base, it's gonna get super expensive to lock that up.

#146 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6046 posts) -

@MirkoS77: "Nintendo really needed to hit it out of the park last E3, and what they showed was just laughable." gotta call bullshit on that there, pal. Nintendo had no chance at last year's e3- everyone had already scoffed at the WiiU, and both Sony and Microsoft were poised to announce their new consoles.

#147 Posted by MirkoS77 (8377 posts) -

@El_Zo1212o said:

@MirkoS77: "Nintendo really needed to hit it out of the park last E3, and what they showed was just laughable." gotta call bullshit on that there, pal. Nintendo had no chance at last year's e3- everyone had already scoffed at the WiiU, and both Sony and Microsoft were poised to announce their new consoles.

Nintendo had every chance at last E3. What's your excuse for them basically having no games? That's not Sony or MS's fault. And going with no PC was one of the worst decisions they could've made.

#148 Posted by emgesp (2511 posts) -

Sony has it in the bag, unless Microsoft has something up their sleeve and I don't mean Halo 5.

As far as Nintendo is concerned Zelda isn't as relevant as it once was. It will excite that hardcore Nintendo fan, but it won't make a big impact on Wii U sales.

#149 Posted by speedfog (3363 posts) -

Nintendo if they show the next gen Zelda.

Then MS with Halo, and as last that budget movie from Sony...

#150 Posted by fugwit (482 posts) -

Nintendo: Hyrule Destiny, Bayonetta 2, X , MK8, Smash Brothers, MK8 DLC - Smash Kart, Friend life, Megaman U ( exclusive 3rd party support yay? ), Virtual Wiiality ( the re-release of virtual boy with wii-mote support. Take that Morpheus!!!!!!!! )