Sony, MS or Nintendo - Who will win e3?

• 160 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Sony, MS or Nintendo - Who will win e3? (151 votes)

Sony 48%
MS 24%
Nintendo 27%

I'm going with Nintendo. They've been out longer and I think they're ready to finally reveal some awesome projects. Also, their backs are against the wall so to speak, but I think they've always something up their sleeve. What's SW's consensus?

• 
lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

sony ofcourse

they have the best and fresh 1st party

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

It all depends on where nintendo is at. Mario Kart 8 is looking solid. If the new Zelda is looking impressive, i'd say nintendo. However, it is likely Microsoft is going to show off Halo......and Sony Uncharted?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#3 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Going with Sony over Microsoft because I'm trusting they'll give some good Vita ga-

Okay, that won't happen but I still think Sony will win this and Ubi will win overall.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Sony! they have some seriously epic first party studios and they will cover PS4,Vita and PS3 which are all systems i enjoy PLUS Naughty Dogs reveal for Uncharted.

i expect some epic announcements this E3 from Sony.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

Theonly way Nintendo wins e3 is they slash the wii u's price in 1/2 other than that Sony hands down.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

Sony has Naughty Dog, so they automatically win.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Microsoft will bring the bag of "awesomeness" and dump that shit all over Sony. Sony cant rely on a Anti-DRM rally cry to save them this year.

Microsoft will bring a unprecedented number of exclusives, DX12 and Cloud tech demos and huger partnership announcements.

You know little things like buying Capcom and Amazon - From "TimDog" aka ProjectNatalFAN.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Kojima will win E3.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

Well I'm pretty sure it won't be Nintendo.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

Sony, Nintendo(as it's extremely vital they be there this year for the WiiU's sake) and Microsoft.

Sony has a lot unnannounced. It's going to be a wild ride especially with the momentum they've got right now, I hope Nintendo and Microsoft are bringing their A-Game because they're going to need it.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Sony will drop one of the biggest bombs from their top devs but it's going to be Microsoft with the biggest number of major (as in non-indie) titles. I expect new Forza Horizon as well as either Halo 2 remake or Halo 5 to be announced. That's very big already but I'm confident there's going to be something more. Phil Spencer already mentioned some cool new IP. I think Quantum Break in tandem with Sunset Overdrive can give Microsoft the edge as long as the latter delivers. But there's a huge possibility their lineup won't end with just these 4 titles. So if people take for granted that Microsoft offers the least, then imagine what Ninty and Sony are going to offer. By the way, this gen I disagree about MS having less to offer as they've hitherto delivered most diverse CONSOLE-EXCLUSIVE (key word but cows are gonna moo all over it) content.

As far as competition is concerned, I'm interested in whatever Naughty Dog is concocting but nothing else from Sony in particular and all things Nintendo.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts

I think Sony and Microsoft will have great E3's with some nice games to show.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

All will fail. e3 gets worse every year and is just another avenue to bombard people with advertising all over spike tv. If I had to choose Nintendo.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

It'll be like every E3 for the last five years: Sony will win because they'll have the most relevant conference. Nintendo will show some impressive sutff but not as much. MS will be a laughing stock.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Honestly, I think all three will have good showings. Here are my reasons why:

1. Sony - Let's face it, they have a position of strength right now like they haven't had in a long long time. Their third party relationships are obviously well mended from the wounds of yesteryears and the Playstation Division of Sony has plenty of wiggle room to woo some exclusive support. We all know their first party titles are why you watch a Sony conference, but I'd bet good money they are going to play to their strength right now and drop some delicious surprises at E3. The whole world will be watching this conference. Will they undo the good will they posses with blunders, or will they triumphantly restore peace to the galaxy like the Jedi Order? Miss this at your peril.

2. Microsoft - They know they got embarrassed last year like no other big player has in the industry. This is Microsoft we are talking about and they are outwardly communicating that they have a long-term goal/strategy with the XBox. If ever there was a time when the money was going to do the talking for MS like we have all been hearing for the past two generations, now is precisely that moment. They've been hinting at having some bombs to drop and they do have a new Halo with full-blown DX12 tools deep in their technology research first party. So, if you want to see what the XBone can do, you're tuning in to this E3. No ifs ands or buts.

3. Nintendo - Games. Games. More Games. Then some games on top of that. Everyone knows where their system is in the pecking order, and that has its own advantages. Nintendo doesn't have the pressure of taking eyes off the slugout the other two are going to have. This means they have the luxury of structuring their own message to gamers and showing how they can execute on that. These are the same guys who thrived during the N64 years and they did so with quality games and a strong handheld market back then (as it is now). For all the crap thrown at Nintendo in System Wars, Nintendo has the clearest path forward and don't have to waste any time muddying their own waters with any peripherals or new hardware or anything else. If you are a gamer, you will not want to miss Nintendo this year. They will have games.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Shewgenja

Also, the OP needs to be updated, because it is ENTIRELY possible that the real winner at this year's E3 will be Oculus Rift. They should have a near-final product design to show off and the developer support is going to be undeniably large. They're going to splash money at this year's E3 if but for no other reason than to just prove a point that they are big, real and not to be taken lightly.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Honestly, I think all three will have good showings. Here are my reasons why:

1. Sony - Let's face it, they have a position of strength right now like they haven't had in a long long time. Their third party relationships are obviously well mended from the wounds of yesteryears and the Playstation Division of Sony has plenty of wiggle room to woo some exclusive support. We all know their first party titles are why you watch a Sony conference, but I'd bet good money they are going to play to their strength right now and drop some delicious surprises at E3. The whole world will be watching this conference. Will they undo the good will they posses with blunders, or will they triumphantly restore peace to the galaxy like the Jedi Order? Miss this at your peril.

2. Microsoft - They know they got embarrassed last year like no other big player has in the industry. This is Microsoft we are talking about and they are outwardly communicating that they have a long-term goal/strategy with the XBox. If ever there was a time when the money was going to do the talking for MS like we have all been hearing for the past two generations, now is precisely that moment. They've been hinting at having some bombs to drop and they do have a new Halo with full-blown DX12 tools deep in their technology research first party. So, if you want to see what the XBone can do, you're tuning in to this E3. No ifs ands or buts.

3. Nintendo - Games. Games. More Games. Then some games on top of that. Everyone knows where their system is in the pecking order, and that has its own advantages. Nintendo doesn't have the pressure of taking eyes off the slugout the other two are going to have. This means they have the luxury of structuring their own message to gamers and showing how they can execute on that. These are the same guys who thrived during the N64 years and they did so with quality games and a strong handheld market back then (as it is now). For all the crap thrown at Nintendo in System Wars, Nintendo has the clearest path forward and don't have to waste any time muddying their own waters with any peripherals or new hardware or anything else. If you are a gamer, you will not want to miss Nintendo this year. They will have games.

Lol, I swear once a week, every single week you say something so spot on and true that I can't help but give respect. I really couldn't agree more with everything you said here in this post.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60695 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

I think Sony and Microsoft will have great E3's with some nice games to show.

I'm looking forward to it since as a true gamer and speaker of TRUTH, I own both consoles.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#20  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@Ghost120x said:

All will fail. e3 gets worse every year and is just another avenue to bombard people with advertising all over spike tv. If I had to choose Nintendo.

Same. I keep watching out of some vain hope that it might be better than the year before.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

We need big reveals. The Uncharted/Halo/Smash Bros trailers will indeed be hype as ****, but we need to see things that are new. Either that, or the unexpected surprises/returns of somethings that are BIG.

Either way, I'm still so fucking pissed with how the show is presented now. Sure, I can stream all the shows live, but then you get unexpected quality jitters or freezing. I have a damn good internet. I'd do anything to see all the shows and some good coverage on my bigscreen TV like the old days. Now, the best we can hope for is Microsoft's being on TV (if it's not too late in the day) and that's about it. Spike is also a pretty shitty host. G4, even in its dying years, ALWAYS excelled here.

Anyways, I can't even begin to predict what will happen for the most part, but I do think Sony's showing will be diminished in a sense. It is absolutely admirable of them that they actually support their fucking systems even after a new gen starts, but none of us are going to be looking forward to ps3 or vita game reveals. I anticipate there will be sections for both and I can only hope that they are short and in the beginning of their presentation.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

If I had to be 100% honest. I think Nintendo will come out swinging and ultimately do well, but not the best. Same with Microsoft. I really feel that Sony is going to knock it out of the park. They have been relatively quiet on the game front since the launch of the PS4. However, Microsoft has been somewhat backed into a corner, so I could see them just going crazy and dropping every megaton they can haha

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
Member since 2014 • 776 Posts

Sony is primed to anounce alot of first party games.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@twizded said:

Sony is primed to anounce alot of first party games.

Can you imagine the mayhem in System Wars if Sony announces the Uncharted sequel and that's it for 1st party. I'm sure they have plenty of studios working on projects, but it'd be amazing to see the damage control on the part of Sony fanboys if their conference is lackluster.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#25 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Nintendo, because Nintendo.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

Putting my vote with Nintendo and Sony.

And its because they both have the most incredible, versatile 1st party studios that can produce really special stuff.

I'm leaning more towards Sony, because they got massive momentum right now and can potentially be the huge winner with the stronger tech.

And they got Naughty Dog.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

PC!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#28 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I think Sony will win this E3, they have so much momentum and positivity on their side, but I also think that Microsoft and Nintendo will put up some great showings, especially since they are backed up against a wall.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Normally , I'd go with Sony ..... but after the Santa Monica game cancellation and the dream of The Last Guardian's triumphant return being just that , a dream ..... it would probably be one of the other two.

But to make up for it , I could see them having the best Gamescom , TGS , and perhaps they can come in and save the VGX too !

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30  Edited By Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Dunno

Crap answer yes, but really I don't know. I get the feeling it's an E3 with a 33/33/33 split and can truly go either way. We have one who is fading away into irrelevance and/or doom, another still trying to claw their way back into gamer's goodbooks a year after various fiascos & embarrassments and another who has done incredibly well so far but has a knack (LOL GEDDIT?) for dropping the ball at inopportune moments.

Sony spread their announcements out over E3/Gamescom/TGS. MS already announced games that are very far in the future; the same thing Sony used to do, oddly. So with those 2 points in mind I'm keeping my expectations in check. If anyone shows new game after new game after new game I think Nintendo would be most likely. Oh, and if Advance Wars 3DS isn't announced then I am gonna have to kill some people. So Nintendo.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

ITT: people overhyping naughty dog and their linear movies.

Tonindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Tonindo
Member since 2006 • 563 Posts

Is it confirmed Nintendo will hold a press conference this year? I hope it's not another Nintendo Direct.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts

Nintendo is the only one's that can have a surprise up their sleeves except for Sony or Microsoft announcing the occasional exclusive game or Sony's Morpheus thing otherwise the element of surprise belongs to Nintendo.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13659 Posts

Honestly, I think Sony, but I hope MSs shows that they're heading uphill. I'll be happy with that result,

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Microsoft will bring the bag of "awesomeness" and dump that shit all over Sony. Sony cant rely on a Anti-DRM rally cry to save them this year.

Microsoft will bring a unprecedented number of exclusives, DX12 and Cloud tech demos and huger partnership announcements.

You know little things like buying Capcom and Amazon - From "TimDog" aka ProjectNatalFAN.

Lol lems hyping APIs and tech demos...

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17802 Posts

Nintendo wont be there really. any big announcements will probably come from nintendo direct. i doubt we will see any sort of press conference and the show presence will be small i think. thats not to say nintendo wont have anything to show this year...of course they will. it just probably wont revolve around E3. so in that sense i dont think nintendo will have a chance of winning E3 (not unless SW changes the rules so that all directs for 2014 are mounted against sonys and MSs E3 performance or something....probably a non runner). one thing i am interested in is how nintendo are going to balance the demands of 3DS and wiiu owners.

If you are a PS4 owner then i think itll be a very exciting E3. perhaps a few surprises (new team ico project maybe?).

if you are a vita owner then dont get excited and dont expect much.

as for MS....if you want more services then itll be a cracker of an E3. if you want more games it should still be good but it will be the usual suspects from 3rd parties and a couple of first party offerings.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

Nintendo should have a lot of stuff cooked up by summer.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Sony and Microsoft will both have a lot to show. There is a rivalry getting more heated and both will be keen to show they have the upper hand.

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

I feel that Microsoft will win. They need to at this point. They will either:

1. Destroy this E3. In addition to showing stuff we already expect (like Halo), they also show surprises. True power of Xbone is beyond that of the Quad. FF13 level announcement.

2. Fail. All the games they've been hyping for E3 turn out to be indie games. Direct X and Cloud turn out to be a joke. Phil Spencer pukes on stage.

We already know what to expect from Sony. They'll be great, but no huge surprises.

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

Another Uncharted, yay

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Shewgenja

@edidili said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Another Uncharted, yay

They are working on something else, too. Not sure if we'll see it this year or next year, though.

stationplay_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 stationplay_4
Member since 2014 • 444 Posts

Sony, they will unleash the unannounced games. Microsoft will be strong this year though since they were completely embarassed last year. And Nintendo will have lots of games.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#44 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

Wait a minute are we asking system wars the place where people defend console manufactures who they believe will win E3? hmmmm.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

sony ofcourse

they have the best and fresh 1st party

Going off last gen or this gen? So far we have a bunch of conjecture and hypothesis based off last gen.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:

Nintendo is the only one's that can have a surprise up their sleeves except for Sony or Microsoft announcing the occasional exclusive game or Sony's Morpheus thing otherwise the element of surprise belongs to Nintendo.

How can we possibly know who has the element of surprise? We don't know what the surprise reveals will be. You're assuming all the Sony and MS future reveals have already been leaked.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DocSanchez

@Spartan070: This is about an E3 that hasn't happened yet. The whole thread is based on conjecture. That's the point of it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

All Nintendo has to do is whip out Smash Bros and they win, in my opinion of course.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DocSanchez

@PonchoTaco: Nintendo could unfurl Wii Music 2 and they'd win to some people. But be realistic. One game?

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#50 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

All we know for sure is the big three will unveil/reveal details of the following killer apps:

MS: Halo 5

Sony: Uncharted 4

Nintendo: Zelda U

So I think it's safe to say Nintendo wins this E3.