Sony looking to port "AAA handheld game" to next gen console

#1 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17687 posts) -

Bluepoint Games, a developer that has done many ports for Sony including Vita ports (MGS HD, PS All-Stars), is looking to employ someone to "help remaster a highly acclaimed AAA handheld product to current generation console". What do you think it is, SW? It would suck if it was Gravity Rush.

http://bluepointgames.com/employment-opportunities/character-artist-contract/

#2 Posted by Blabadon (26331 posts) -

Yep, Vita is losing another game. Sigh.

#3 Posted by wolverine4262 (19322 posts) -

Portstation 4.

Has a nice ring to it.

#4 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17687 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

As much as I do like my Vita, if it's going to come to this, I really may consider selling it lol. I mean, I do like JRPGs, but this is just bad.

#5 Posted by Flubbbs (3093 posts) -

Bluepoint did a nice job on the MGS HD collection

#6 Posted by yokofox33 (29663 posts) -

I'll cream if it's Valkyria Chronicles 2 or 3. Cream I tell ya.

#7 Posted by clyde46 (46285 posts) -

#Portstation.

#8 Posted by blackace (20743 posts) -
@yokofox33 said:

The Valkyia Chronicle and Uncharted series are the only games I'd like to see get a HD Remastered version on the PS4. I have the first 2 VC games. The 3rd game was never released in the U.S. So if they could bring all 3 games into a collectors edition, I'd be stocked. I don't think anything else needs to be remastered to the PS4.

#9 Posted by vitonemesis (3149 posts) -

UC Golden Abyss as part of the UC collection.

#10 Posted by Vecna (3394 posts) -

Portstation

#11 Posted by SakusEnvoy (4319 posts) -

Probably Uncharted. Golden Abyss is no AAA game, but it's still a big name with some weight to it that Sony would want to get on PS4 eventually.

#12 Edited by lamprey263 (23905 posts) -

expected somewhat, I've mean we've seen this before already with past handheld games, I'd like to see more, rather see this than Vita TV

#13 Posted by cainetao11 (17550 posts) -

@vitonemesis said:

That's what I figure.

#14 Posted by getyeryayasout (7497 posts) -

@vitonemesis said:

This makes sense. I've wanted to try it out, and I even "own" for free* thanks to PS Plus, but no I have no Vita in my life. Kinda looking forward to it (if it is in fact UC), hopefully it's made available separately on PSN.

#15 Posted by HernandeZzzz (429 posts) -

@yokofox33 said:

Please make it so! I'm already throwing money at my screen, but nothing's happening...

#16 Posted by finalstar2007 (25185 posts) -

Im all for that i mean some of the games already out on the Vita deserve to be played by more people and THATS exactly what Sony is trying to do, smart business practice imo.. I was glad when i saw that Tearaway PS4 announcement i mean now even more people will play it which means more money for the developers to hopefully make Tearaway 2.

i am almost sure that Gravity Rush 2 is now a PS4 game or PSVita and PS4 game since the devs havent said anything about it for a while, i supported the Vita version of these games and now people will get the PS4 version so win win for the games themselves and the devs so yeah im all for Vita games going to PS4 with better graphics, controls and added content

#17 Edited by PapaTrop (1185 posts) -

@wolverine4262 said:

Portstation 4.

Has a nice ring to it.

@Vecna said:

Portstation

@clyde46 said:

#Portstation.

#18 Posted by DrRockso87 (2524 posts) -

@vitonemesis said:

This. It's inevitable. Also makes perfect sense as it would contain all of the games leading up to Uncharted 4, would give people more reason to purchase the collection, and give Sony a proper counter-balance to Microsoft's "Master Chief Collection" (they could call it the "Nathan Drake Collection" or something).

Plus, it wouldn't be so difficult to port. Uncharted: Golden Abyss has touch-screen puzzles. Dualshock 4 has a touchpad. Done.

If it's not this game (which I'll be surprised if it's not) then it's most likely Gravity Rush with an unveiling that Gravity Rush 2 is coming to PS4 as an exclusive. #VitaAAAExclusivesAreDead

#19 Posted by Pffrbt (6556 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

It would suck if it was Gravity Rush.

It would be great if it was Gravity Rush. Then I wouldn't have to buy a Vita to play it.

#20 Posted by bbkkristian (14952 posts) -

Something tells me that its going to be god of war.

#21 Posted by Gamerno6666 (1330 posts) -

@papatrop said:

@wolverine4262 said:

Portstation 4.

Has a nice ring to it.

@Vecna said:

Portstation

@clyde46 said:

#Portstation.

#22 Posted by cainetao11 (17550 posts) -

@DrRockso87 said:

@vitonemesis said:

This. It's inevitable. Also makes perfect sense as it would contain all of the games leading up to Uncharted 4, would give people more reason to purchase the collection, and give Sony a proper counter-balance to Microsoft's "Master Chief Collection" (they could call it the "Nathan Drake Collection" or something).

Plus, it wouldn't be so difficult to port. Uncharted: Golden Abyss has touch-screen puzzles. Dualshock 4 has a touchpad. Done.

If it's not this game (which I'll be surprised if it's not) then it's most likely Gravity Rush with an unveiling that Gravity Rush 2 is coming to PS4 as an exclusive. #VitaAAAExclusivesAreDead

Nathan Drake collection as a title makes no Sense. There are no Uncharted games without Nathan Drake.

#23 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3293 posts) -
@Gamerno6666 said:

@papatrop said:

@wolverine4262 said:

Portstation 4.

Has a nice ring to it.

@Vecna said:

Portstation

@clyde46 said:

#Portstation.

#24 Posted by Telekill (4603 posts) -

My guess is Uncharted Golden Abyss. It would make sense if they want to do an Uncharted collection for PS4.

#25 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (5972 posts) -

I already have these on the Vita, but I would welcome Gravity Rush, and Wipeout 2048 on the PS4.

#26 Posted by BldgIrsh (2583 posts) -
@Cloud_imperium said:
@Gamerno6666 said:

@papatrop said:

@wolverine4262 said:

Portstation 4.

Has a nice ring to it.

@Vecna said:

Portstation

@clyde46 said:

#Portstation.

#27 Posted by dotWithShoes (4842 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

@Blabadon said:

As much as I do like my Vita, if it's going to come to this, I really may consider selling it lol. I mean, I do like JRPGs, but this is just bad.

The sad part is once it gets ported to ps4, it wont play anymore on the Vita.. and if it does, it instantly becomes less good. sad but true.

#28 Posted by Wiiboxstation (263 posts) -

Sony don't want to make any new games this is becoming a scam.

#29 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (2407 posts) -

@vitonemesis said:

I can see it happening. Hell, i'm surprised they didn't unveil a UC collection instead of TLOU R anyway.

I'm still expecting it to lead up to UC4. Its just like GOW for it's time. The PS's biggest series concludes on next gen and they port an HD collection.

Also

@bldgirsh said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@Gamerno6666 said:

@papatrop said:

@wolverine4262 said:

Portstation 4.

Has a nice ring to it.

@Vecna said:

Portstation

@clyde46 said:

#Portstation.

#30 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2679 posts) -

@vitonemesis said:

#31 Posted by speedfog (3199 posts) -

AAA handheld game? Was there even one?

#32 Posted by dakan45 (18614 posts) -

The remasters never end.

#33 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3293 posts) -

@ShepardCommandr said:

@vitonemesis said:

Exactly what I thought first . "Uncharted series : Remastered" . All 4 games .

#34 Edited by MlauTheDaft (3760 posts) -

Persona 4 Golden ;)

Edit: Honestly, having Persona 4 on the Quad does'nt sound like a bad thing.

#35 Posted by Boddicker (2732 posts) -

@speedfog said:

AAA handheld game? Was there even one?

#36 Posted by Caseytappy (2141 posts) -

PS4 really needs more ports and remakes ....oh..and Indies ...Indies for sure .

#37 Posted by FinalFighters (1480 posts) -

Definitely Gravity Rush

#38 Edited by RR360DD (11949 posts) -

lmao i can't decide whether to call the PS4 the indiestation or the portstation.

I guess Sony need to fluff up their 2015 PS4 library so PSP calibre games will have to do

#39 Edited by Basinboy (11168 posts) -

Gravity Rush 1 + 2
UC: Golden Abyss
Persona 4 Golden

#40 Edited by funsohng (27892 posts) -

@vitonemesis said:

That game is worse than Drake's Fortune, and that's saying a lot.

#41 Posted by cainetao11 (17550 posts) -

@wiiboxstation said:

Sony don't want to make any new games this is becoming a scam.

HEY!!!! By gamers for Gamers fella!!!

#42 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25356 posts) -

AAA? Vita? Its Uncharted.

#43 Posted by cainetao11 (17550 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

lmao i can't decide whether to call the PS4 the indiestation or the portstation.

I guess Sony need to fluff up their 2015 PS4 library so PSP calibre games will have to do

Well I cant blame them really. Now I am aware the PS4 is turning profit, but the mother ship is another story altogether. So you take a big winner and make as much from it, with spending as little as possible. It is a great strategy to slice into the companies debt. Is it for gamers? Fuck no. But if someone believed any of these companies is for us they answered any criticisms in their mind already.