Sony has blocked PS3 DNS Hack

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TintedEyes
Member since 2009 • 4769 Posts

Well looks like Sony was able to stop the DNS trick from working. Hackers on forums seem to be confirming this.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

I cant even keep track anymore, which hack is this?

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

Well, at least they stopped it. Took a bit much though.

Vipa37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Vipa37
Member since 2009 • 268 Posts

This is gonna be VERY short lived victory you cant stop the hacking commmunity and with the way they are going after them its only gonna make them come at them even harder than they are now. Its a game that they cant win even microsoft learned that so what they did was just block your ip but you cant do that on the ps3 either tis a sad state of affairs.

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts

I cant even keep track anymore, which hack is this?

Zaibach
Pretty much this. And that's why I'd never bother to do anything like that.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

Every thing they are doing is things on their end...stuff that the hackers are defeating hours after they do it. they've done nothing big to just stop these hacks they've thrown some patches up thats about it.

XboximusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 XboximusPrime
Member since 2009 • 5405 Posts

This is gonna be VERY short lived victory you cant stop the hacking commmunity and with the way they are going after them its only gonna make them come at them even harder than they are now. Its a game that they cant win even microsoft learned that so what they did was just block your ip but you cant do that on the ps3 either tis a sad state of affairs.

Vipa37

I think you are overexagerating hackers ability.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

[QUOTE="Vipa37"]

XboximusPrime

Seems like he is a bit mad.

Avatar image for rpgs_shall_rule
rpgs_shall_rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rpgs_shall_rule
Member since 2006 • 1943 Posts
This should be fully within Sony's jurisdiction to do. PSN is their online service and they are responsible for the quality of service there. What isn't (at least in my opinion) acceptable is suing people for jailbreaking their own consoles. Besides, why are people using jailbroken consoles trying to use PSN anyways?
XboximusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 XboximusPrime
Member since 2009 • 5405 Posts

Every thing they are doing is things on their end...stuff that the hackers are defeating hours after they do it. they've done nothing big to just stop these hacks they've thrown some patches up thats about it.

WilliamRLBaker

I still think SONY gonan win out in the end. Or its not going to matter. One of the two.

SwagSurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SwagSurf
Member since 2009 • 3022 Posts

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

XboximusPrime

I still think SONY gonan win out in the end. Or its not going to matter. One of the two.

Sony is actually doing a great job banning these hackers. Pretty much how MS dealt with the hackers.

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#12 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts
[QUOTE="rpgs_shall_rule"]This should be fully within Sony's jurisdiction to do. PSN is their online service and they are responsible for the quality of service there. What isn't (at least in my opinion) acceptable is suing people for jailbreaking their own consoles. Besides, why are people using jailbroken consoles trying to use PSN anyways?

They so far haven't sued anyone for jailbreaking their own console. They are suing guys for distributing information that nullifies all the console's security measures, which is quite a bit beyond jailbreaking your own console.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 i5750at4Ghz
Member since 2010 • 5839 Posts

[QUOTE="Vipa37"]

XboximusPrime

Well this is like the 5th time they have had to stop this same hack.
Avatar image for rpgs_shall_rule
rpgs_shall_rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rpgs_shall_rule
Member since 2006 • 1943 Posts

They so far haven't sued anyone for jailbreaking their own console. They are suing guys for distributing information that nullifies all the console's security measures, which is quite a bit beyond jailbreaking your own console.DerekLoffin

Meant to include this too.

But anyways, whether it's right or not for Sony to sue people/take action for that, it's fully correct for Sony to deal with people on PSN as they see fit.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

go sony

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

Don't know wtf is going on but yay for Sony!!

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts
[QUOTE="SwagSurf"]

[QUOTE="XboximusPrime"]

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

Sony is actually doing a great job banning these hackers. Pretty much how MS dealt with the hackers.

WTF are you even talking about? Sony hasn't banned any hackers that have jailbroken their consoles, only people who cheated on black ops... with NO console hacks involved. LOL, read up buddy, read up. Anyways, the DNS hack wasnt really a hack, one just enters another DNS number in the network settings. I have no idea why it worked, but good that they blocked it. I guess having people on PSN with different OS versions might have been causing a problem for Sony, otherwise I can't see why they'd block consoles that people could still purchase games from PSN with.
SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts
I wonder if this will help for the games that are supposedly infested with hackers.
Vipa37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Vipa37
Member since 2009 • 268 Posts

[QUOTE="Vipa37"]

XboximusPrime

Dude are you kidding me? Hackers are the reason why the iphone is what it is now. Hakers are the reason why that windows 7 is more secure than windows 95 its just the way it is. If hackers werent around what would we do. All kidding aside they already have programs out there to get around it i cant talk about it in this forum just know that they are gonna get around it if they havent already. I just dont like how sony and the courts approached this really by law how can you sue someone in another state under ANOTHER states laws?

Io_ACE_oI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Io_ACE_oI
Member since 2007 • 55 Posts

Sony just needs to do what MS has done from the very beginning, if they haven't already, ban any console from connecting to the PSN network if it has been modded. That would force the user to buy a new console if they want to play online again. This would 1. teach them a valuable lesson and 2. generate more money on the new sale. Then they could then go after everyone that has modded their profiles and trophys by resting them all. It's not hard to see that people have done it. That would then save all of us even having to talk about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b4ca38d5fcb0
deactivated-5b4ca38d5fcb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5b4ca38d5fcb0
Member since 2008 • 2051 Posts

Sony just needs to do what MS has done from the very beginning, if they haven't already, ban any console from connecting to the PSN network if it has been modded. That would force the user to buy a new console if they want to play online again. This would 1. teach them a valuable lesson and 2. generate more money on the new sale. Then they could then go after everyone that has modded their profiles and trophys by resting them all. It's not hard to see that people have done it. That would then save all of us even having to talk about it.

Io_ACE_oI

Pirates usually keep up to date.

I wonder if this will help for the games that are supposedly infested with hackers. SilverChimera

What hackers? I haven't noticed anything.