Sony has already won...

• 159 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

Barring a massive screw-up by Sony (not implausible) I want someone to give a legit reason how the Nextbox can outsell the PS4 released at the same time or earlier. It virtually impossible...

With full year head start M$ will still end up last place in sells. Big step up, but get ready to step down again. Nintendo will be last though.

#2 Posted by RR360DD (11602 posts) -

Did anyone expect the Wii to win this gen?

/thread

#3 Posted by ShadowDeathX (10575 posts) -
We heard this exact chant with the Vita against the 3DS. Just Shhhh
#4 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -

It ain't over 'till it's over, son. 

If you'd come out of the PS2 era saying Sony would end up fighting Microsoft for a distant second place and Nintendo would walk away the winner after the Gamecube, people would have laughed at you.

And look how that turned out.

#5 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -

If M$ releases a Kinect Box 2.0, I will instantly purchase the PS4. If not, I will wait until the 1 of them looks more promising than the other. I cant speak for everyone else.

#6 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7782 posts) -

For gamers they've won, but lems would rather have worse graphics, unreliable hardware, pay to play online have no games and get ripped off all gen long as long as M$ makes money.

I mean let's be realistic here, Sony has the multiplats, they get the oddball big budget third party exclusive more often the M$ and they have an insane amount of amazingly talented first/second party devs that share resources and makes amazing games.

It's so one sided.

#7 Posted by mems_1224 (46509 posts) -
it would be embarrassing for sony if their consoles didn't sell more.
#8 Posted by Heil68 (43436 posts) -
The only console I'm truly excited about.
#9 Posted by Jackboot343 (2574 posts) -

Price? Sony could do another $599

#10 Posted by famicommander (8524 posts) -
I think both are in for the same sort of lukewarm reception that 3DS, Vita, and WiiU got... except Nintendo and Microsoft will be able to turn their ships around and Sony won't (see: Vita).
#11 Posted by The_Game21x (26342 posts) -

I remember when people were saying this about the PS3 and 360.

Good times.

#12 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7782 posts) -

See how lems are all talking about sales already, when it's pretty obvious people are excited about the hardware not the low price point mass market gimmick appeal :lol:

Lems just want to watch M$ get rich, they don't care about anything else.

#13 Posted by KarateeeChop (4590 posts) -

lol tc.

#14 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -

See how lems are all talking about sales already, when it's pretty obvious people are excited about the hardware not the low price point mass market gimmick appeal :lol:

Eddie-Vedder
The OP is explicitly talking about sales, you silly Cow. :P
#15 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -

For gamers they've won, but lems would rather have worse graphics, unreliable hardware, pay to play online have no games and get ripped off all gen long as long as M$ makes money.

I mean let's be realistic here, Sony has the multiplats, they get the oddball big budget third party exclusive more often the M$ and they have an insane amount of amazingly talented first/second party devs that share resources and makes amazing games.

It's so one sided.

Eddie-Vedder
QFFT
#16 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27383 posts) -

The only console I'm truly excited about. Heil68
The only console I really care about is when i press the "~" button :P

(wonder how many peeps understand that?)

#17 Posted by The_Game21x (26342 posts) -

Eddie-Vedder

I'm guessing you missed this.

Barring a massive screw-up by Sony (not implausible) I want someone to give a legit reason how the Nextbox can outsell the PS4 released at the same time or earlier. It virtually impossible...

With full year head start M$ will still end up last place in sells. Big step up, but get ready to step down again. Nintendo will be last though.

StrongBlackVine

Or you're just dumb...

#18 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -
[QUOTE="Heil68"]The only console I'm truly excited about. blue_hazy_basic

Like a boss.
#19 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27383 posts) -
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="Heil68"]The only console I'm truly excited about. DarkLink77

Like a boss.

good man DL! :D
#20 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

Microshaft aint got anything left. Their number 1 system selling franchise Halo that they have been using as a crutch since 2001 is losing popularity. It simply isn't the household name that it used to be. Micropuff has to try something new or pretty much accept defeat because there is no way they're going to be able to continue competing with Sony's first party studios.

#21 Posted by coasterguy65 (5873 posts) -

3 more weeks of these Cow circle jerk threads....sheesh.

It's going to be really funny if something other than the PS4 is announced on the 20th.

#22 Posted by RR360DD (11602 posts) -

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

The_Game21x

I'm guessing you missed this.

StrongBlackVine

Or you're just dumb...

LOL he's an idiot. And going by library anyway, the 360 still won. Cows have nothing ... just free online :lol:

#23 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -

Microshaft aint got anything left. Their number 1 system selling franchise Halo that they have been using as a crutch since 2001 is losing popularity. It simply isn't the household name that it used to be. Micropuff has to try something new or pretty much accept defeat because there is no way they're going to be able to continue competing with Sony's first party studios.

Master_ShakeXXX
That's what happens when you give one of the most important franchises in the industry to a second-rate developer.
#24 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

Good times.

The_Game21x

Xbox had a massive head start and cost less. Sony won't have such a disadvantage this time.

#25 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -

3 more weeks of these Cow circle jerk threads....sheesh.

It's going to be really funny if something other than the PS4 is announced on the 20th.

coasterguy65

Discontinuing the Vita?

#26 Posted by FragTycoon (6430 posts) -

I really don't see my preferences changing for the foreseeable future (PC,Sony,MS, ball-in-a-cup, Nintendo). But never put it past a company to completely mess up a "sure thing" (i.e. MS). Also never put it past the advrage non-gamer to buy based on hype ala Wii.

For wall we know LG could make a $10 POS console that has an Angry Birds exclusive and take over the market.

#27 Posted by The_Game21x (26342 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

Good times.

StrongBlackVine

Xbox had a massive head start and cost less. Sony won't have such a disadvantage this time.

Again, I remember when people were saying this about the PS3 and 360.

Good times.

#28 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

Good times.

StrongBlackVine

How do you know that?

#29 Posted by coasterguy65 (5873 posts) -

(wonder how many peeps understand that?)

blue_hazy_basic

Been understanding it since the Quake days, ;)

#30 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

Good times.

The_Game21x

Good times.

Actually I don't remember because just got back into gaming after about 10 years off...but I made smart choice and bought a PS3 December 2011 instead of listening to every one saying the 360 was the way to. I don't regret my decision at all.

#31 Posted by HaRmLeSS_RaGe (1270 posts) -

PS3 / Vita both flopped, Sony in financial turmoil and cows think they have next gen in the bag? :lol:

#32 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] The only console I really care about is when i press the "~" button :P

Like a boss.

It's the only console that matters, yo.
#33 Posted by blackace (20249 posts) -

StrongBlackVine
No one thought the Wii would win either. The Wii launched AFTER the PS3. Let's wait for all the NextGen consoles to be released first before we make predictions that turn out to be false. I don't think the Playstation will ever be as dominant as the PS2 was. those 150 million in sales days are over. I'm curious as to how many billions Sony will lose on this console.
#34 Posted by lundy86_4 (42979 posts) -

I'd prefer that you provide sound reasoning for your assertion.

#35 Posted by The_Game21x (26342 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

StrongBlackVine

Good times.

Actually I don't remember because just got back into gaming after about 10 years off...but I made smart choice and bought a PS3 December 2011 instead of listening to every one saying the 360 was the way to. I don't regret my decision at all.

Good for you.

#36 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

Good times.

DarkLink77

How do you know that?

Well we don't know for sure, but it looks PS4 will be out this Fall and has no new Tech like Bluray inflating the price...

#37 Posted by blackace (20249 posts) -
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Like a boss.

It's the only console that matters, yo.

That's not a console. lol!! No one cares.
#38 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

StrongBlackVine

How do you know that?

Well we don't know for sure, but it looks PS4 will be out this Fall and has no new Tech like Bluray inflating the price...

We'll see. Impossible to know yet. Right now it's all speculation.
#39 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

I'd prefer that you provide sound reasoning for your assertion.

lundy86_4

I don't need provide any reasoning. We all know Sony is trending up while Xbox is huge question mark.

#40 Posted by blackace (20249 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

StrongBlackVine

Good times.

I don't regret owning ALL 3 game console either. lol!! I win.
#41 Posted by ArchoNils2 (6154 posts) -

Did anyone expect the Wii to win this gen?

/thread

RR360DD

this. Also it'ss pretty stupid to declare a winner if we have no definition on how to win a gen and the systems aren't even announced >__>

#42 Posted by Gue1 (9498 posts) -

PS4 is the only console that matters.

#43 Posted by JohnF111 (14051 posts) -
Is there something I'm missing because there are so many accounts which their names are made up on three capitalised words.. It's a bit odd isn't it? Also no they haven't, they're a bit more modest but every word they say still wreaks of boasting and arrogance.
#44 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7309 posts) -

StrongBlackVine

The 360 had massive hardware issues that created a stigma to the general public and still the PS3 could not outsell the 360. PS4 is a dead console walking. It is on Deathrow just like Sony.

#45 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

DarkLink77

That's what happens when you give one of the most important franchises in the industry to a second-rate developer.

I think 343 has potential. Their problem is they try too hard to mimic Bungie. They need thier own unique spin.

#46 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

Master_ShakeXXX

I think 343 has potential. Their problem is they try too hard to mimic Bungie. They need thier own unique spin.

I think they're a bunch of hacks who put too much emphasis on an expanded universe no one cares about. They're slaves to the extended Halo lore. It's disgusting.

#47 Posted by _SWAG_ (2577 posts) -
.sony wins another generation, got that right!
#48 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7309 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

Master_ShakeXXX

That makes zero sense. I will give a example I love Mass Effect but if Bungie put their own spin on it I probably would not have the same feelings for it. People love the Halo gameplay, the world, the characters, ect so changing the game sure as heck would not help it. Also Halo 4 is different from the other Halo games from new race, differences in multiplayer, and more cinamatic atmosphere but completely changing it sure as heck will not make Halo fans happy.
#49 Posted by lundy86_4 (42979 posts) -

I don't need provide any reasoning. We all know Sony is trending up while Xbox is huge question mark.

StrongBlackVine

stupidtown.gif

Yeah, you do.

Sony were taken down quite a few pegs this generation. They were top dog for two generations, and ended up playing third fiddle in this generation.

#50 Posted by osirisx3 (1756 posts) -

sony is almost dead they had to sell their HQ!