Sony, get off your ass and fix the PS4 OS right now

• 164 results
#51 Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1367 posts) -

Lets be honest here, Nintendo fans are still waiting for 1 big thing....party chat, to be added to the Wii U.

#52 Posted by ominous_titan (731 posts) -

Sorry but this is Sony and if you want great things you're gonna have to wait!

#53 Posted by BldgIrsh (2689 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@lostrib: I'm afraid I can't discuss users' moderation histories publicly. Suffice it to say, if the user in question had violated the ToU, s/he would not be still posting.

Also, ban dodging is a bannable offense, yes.

Seems like he wouldn't care.

#54 Edited by Shadowchronicle (26039 posts) -

Just to address about alt accounts

it is really hard for moderators to ban people when they change their IP and we basically have to wait for that person to admit it or we have some undeniable proof that they are indeed the alt account of so and so. Also like Chaz said we can't disclose people's moderation history. The good thing about alternate accounts who are accused of having similar behavior to their original account is that they'll probably get banned sometime in the future because that's the kind of behavior that got them banned in the first place.

@Gue1.

Anyways can someone explain to me pause and resume?

#55 Edited by Gue1 (10214 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605 said:

Well, unfortunately for you, this is a goddamn widespread issue. Here's a link to the PlayStation website full of people complaining about it.

And ell oh ell at your 'pics or it didn't happen.' I'm not going to take pictures of me trying to record footage and then it not showing up- how the hell do you show that in pics anyway?

I have previously established my ownership of the PS4. I believe it was in one of your threads when you used to post as XboxDone74. I have no compulsion or need to do so anymore. But if you're really curious, feel free to check out my PSN to confirm it for yourself :)

Is bandodging allowed now or did XboxDone not get banned and he just moved on anyways?

I wanna know too to create a new alias and not look bipolar. lol

#56 Posted by charizard1605 (58231 posts) -

@santoron: Once again- I am not defending Nintendo's shitty practises. I give them credit for a least trying. My major issue with Sony is how there has been a complete lack of updates or communication with the user regarding these issues.

There is no user error, as I have explained. I have also linked to a thread I found on the PlayStation forums above multiple time, that I came across when I first ran into this issue- my first impulse was to assume either user error, or a faulty machine.

The issues you raised- library organization- are actually issues I mentioned in the OP. But I don't think they are important enough to make a thread over. It's about differing priorities. I understand you probably care more about library organization than Share or Suspend/Resume currently, even if I don't, and I get that, I respect that. I only ask that you do the same for me.

@finalstar2007: I'm up to date. I was on Resogun, I guess I can try it again with other games, but a lack of 100% consistent application is already an issue.

#57 Posted by Zero_epyon (5268 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@finalstar2007: Because I'm not clairvoyant? I don't actually know if my next fifteen minutes of gameplay will have something cool or emergent that I want to share with my friends? Manual recording is not a fix for Share- it is half the feature. The actual point of Share was that it always records what you do in the background. So if something cool and unplanned happens during gameplay, you can share it. That doesn't work.

You can't plan for cool things to happen. You can't decide that you will have a completely unpredictable, cool kill in an online match. Or run into some hilarious bug in an open world game. it doesn't work like that. Stuff like that happens, and you want to share it after. And Sony promised that you would be able to with PS4, except they haven't followed through on their promise.

'Ah the Share feature is probably the most amazing thing a console every introduced! the quality is mad great its even better than the $90 Roxio i bought last gene' is what you said. I will agree when the damn thing actually works.

Then maybe click the share button BEFORE each match starts? dont tell me you havent thought of that yet?.. I been doing this with Destiny clicking the recording feature right before the match starts so that later on i can edit all the cool moments into one video using the share factory.

The share feature works like a charm dude but you just dont know how to use it.

if your playing an online game click the recording button before every match starts that way you can cover anything you do and what ya know maybe something cool will be recorded too?.. most online matches dont even last more than 15 minutes or if its a fighting game 5 minutes is more than enough. i dont understand why thats so hard

I do this too, but I play Battlefield, where games last more than 15 minutes so it would be cool for the autorecording to work like @charizard1605 describes. But that's for one game though. Otherwise, I don't mind starting the recording manually.

#58 Posted by santoron (7774 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

Interesting, and that's cool.

It hasn't worked in my experience- and when I was trying to find fixes for this online, I found that it hasn't worked for a lot of people. If the feature is not working consistently, Sony deserves to be called out on it until they at the very least acknowledge the issue.

Your link is from January, and as I pointed out, there has been an update since then for this very issue.

#59 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

@lostrib: it's hilarious seeing how paranoid you guys get, thinking everyone is an alt of someone else. Damn, take a tranq or something.

#60 Posted by charizard1605 (58231 posts) -

@Master_Of_Fools: Personally, I don't care for 'party chat.' What I'm waiting for is folders. Or a better account management system than what we have on Nintendo devices currently. Or an ability to back up saves. Or, for non gaming related features, for TVii to work as they advertised it

@shadowchronicle: Suspend/Resume- basically, think of it like when you put your 3DS or Vita to sleep, and can pick the game right up where you left it from. That's how it would work for consoles, so long as they are in standby.

@Gue1: Feel free to start a new account. Alts aren't in and of themselves a ToU offense, they only are an issue when they are used to circumvent the rules- such as suspension or ban dodging.

#61 Edited by lostrib (37708 posts) -
@charizard1605 said:

@lostrib: I'm afraid I can't discuss users' moderation histories publicly. Suffice it to say, if the user in question had violated the ToU, s/he would not be still posting.

@Gue1 said:

@shadowchronicle said:

@amazonangry said:

@shadowchronicle: I've explained myself perfectly. GS mods are full of error. I can't help with that, unfortunately.

Well if GS mods are full of error you must be one yourself. Welcome aboard.

Also feel free to converse with me if you're mad about all the alternate accounts you made that were banned.

don't people get banned when they have multiple accounts? Or are they banned each at a time as they do the offenses?

was Sniper banned? Because he's been posting in a new account for a while now.

Perhaps the users didn't get banned, but just suspended for a lenghty amount of time,so they created new alts to continue their all around suck fest

#62 Posted by charizard1605 (58231 posts) -
@santoron said:

@charizard1605 said:

It hasn't worked in my experience- and when I was trying to find fixes for this online, I found that it hasn't worked for a lot of people. If the feature is not working consistently, Sony deserves to be called out on it until they at the very least acknowledge the issue.

Your link is from January, and as I pointed out, there has been an update since then for this very issue.

Please check page 57. Or 56. Or 55.

I only linked to the first page of the thread. People are still having issues- the last post was just a few hours ago.

#63 Edited by Krelian-co (11203 posts) -

@lostrib said:
@charizard1605 said:

@Gue1 said:

@shadowchronicle said:

@amazonangry said:

@shadowchronicle: I've explained myself perfectly. GS mods are full of error. I can't help with that, unfortunately.

Well if GS mods are full of error you must be one yourself. Welcome aboard.

Also feel free to converse with me if you're mad about all the alternate accounts you made that were banned.

don't people get banned when they have multiple accounts? Or are they banned each at a time as they do the offenses?

was Sniper banned? Because he's been posting in a new account for a while now.

Perhaps the users didn't get banned, but just suspended for a lenghty amount of time,so they created new alts to continue their all around suck fest

what's the point of banning or suspending people then? i've seen people banned just migrating to a new accounts like nothing.

#65 Posted by charizard1605 (58231 posts) -

@Krelian-co: If the user was suspension dodging, the user would be banned. If the user has not been banned, it is probably safe to assume that the user is not suspension dodging.

#66 Posted by lostrib (37708 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

@lostrib: it's hilarious seeing how paranoid you guys get, thinking everyone is an alt of someone else. Damn, take a tranq or something.

I assume most new accounts, especially those that got straight to trolling and seem to have previous knowledge of SW history, are alts.

Heck, some times it seems like the vast majority of SW is like 5 people yelling at each other through alt accounts

#67 Posted by BldgIrsh (2689 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@amazonangry said:

I assume most new accounts, especially those that got straight to trolling and seem to have previous knowledge of SW history, are alts.

Heck, some times it seems like the vast majority of SW is like 5 people yelling at each other through alt accounts

I've been noticing this as well...

#68 Posted by lostrib (37708 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@Gue1: Feel free to start a new account. Alts aren't in and of themselves a ToU offense, they only are an issue when they are used to circumvent the rules- such as suspension or ban dodging.

@charizard1605 said:

@Krelian-co: If the user was suspension dodging, the user would be banned. If the user has not been banned, it is probably safe to assume that the user is not suspension dodging.

Well, there goes my theory. Perhaps some people are just crazy

#69 Posted by lostrib (37708 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

@charizard1605 said:

Seems like he wouldn't care.

The funny thing is that xboxdone disappeared shortly after that

@xboxdone74 where you at?

#70 Posted by Shadowchronicle (26039 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

@lostrib said:

@amazonangry said:

I've been noticing this as well...

.... LOL.

Also please talk about what the OP has because this conversation isn't even about the PS4 anymore.

#71 Posted by big_mak523 (154 posts) -

Whenever I play NBA 2K14 I try the feature. It's on and off. Sometimes it works, and then sometimes it'll give me gameplay from the first quarter, even though I just hit a buzzer beater. I gave up on it. The one thing I hate is how I have to scroll across that bar to just get to a game. Extremely stupid. If I have the disc to the game, it doesn't need to show up on that bar.

#72 Edited by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

@lostrib: you've used some of ispeakfact's pics. Should I assume you're ISF alt?

#73 Posted by charizard1605 (58231 posts) -

Actually, yeah, I'll give this another ten posts or so to get back on track, and if it hasn't, I'll end up locking it.

Locking my own thread. Wow.

;__;

#74 Posted by lostrib (37708 posts) -

It does seem like MS/X1 has been better with updates that add features (many of which should have been there in the first place) over Sony/PS4

It seems kind of lame that Suspend and resume was something they made the point of showing off but then not including

On a side note, Sony could you please make the PSN store not a laggy piece of shit on PS3

#75 Posted by charizard1605 (58231 posts) -

@lostrib said:

It does seem like MS/X1 has been better with updates that add features (many of which should have been there in the first place) over Sony/PS4

It seems kind of lame that Suspend and resume was something they made the point of showing off but then not including

On a side note, Sony could you please make the PSN store not a laggy piece of shit on PS3

The PS3 doesn't have enough RAM to handle it. I understand they want a unified brand identity, but I really wish they would just go back to the older store...

#76 Posted by lostrib (37708 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

@lostrib: you've used some of ispeakfact's pics. Should I assume you're ISF alt?

yes

#77 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

@charizard1605: Actually, yeah, I'll give this another ten posts or so to get back on track, and if it hasn't, I'll end up locking it.

Locking my own thread. Wow

Maybe next time, if you have a legitimate issue, try not to sound so trolly in your thread title and post.

#78 Posted by lostrib (37708 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@lostrib said:

The PS3 doesn't have enough RAM to handle it. I understand they want a unified brand identity, but I really wish they would just go back to the older store...

yeah it's pretty pitiful, and i think most people would prefer stuff to function smoothly over it all looking the same.

how many PS4 updates have actually added desired features?

#79 Posted by charizard1605 (58231 posts) -

@amazonangry: Maybe next time, try to read the OP instead of deflecting the issue :)

@lostrib said:

yeah it's pretty pitiful, and i think most people would prefer stuff to function smoothly over it all looking the same.

One, back in May, added Share Factory.

The one next month adds Blu Ray 3D playback, I believe.

#81 Posted by lostrib (37708 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@amazonangry: Maybe next time, try to read the OP instead of deflecting the issue :)

@lostrib said:

Apparently updates are included in the "Greatness Awaits"....and waits....and waits

#82 Posted by jake44 (2021 posts) -

Anyone else have their PS4 completely lock up? Mine has froze like 8 times in the last 2 months. Had to unplug it most of those 8 times.

#83 Posted by charizard1605 (58231 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605 said:

@lostrib said:

Apparently updates are included in the "Greatness Awaits"....and waits....and waits

The really sad thing is, Sony already has greatness in the current generation- it's called the Vita, and they are choosing to ignore it, unfortunately.

#84 Posted by charizard1605 (58231 posts) -

@jake44 said:

Anyone else have their PS4 completely lock up? Mine has froze like 8 times in the last 2 months. Had to unplug it most of those 8 times.

That has never happened to me. That might be a faulty unit. Maybe call Sony, and see what they say.

#85 Posted by lostrib (37708 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605 said:

@lostrib said:

The really sad thing is, Sony already has greatness in the current generation- it's called the Vita, and they are choosing to ignore it, unfortunately.

Yeah, it's pretty sad. The vita seems to be living off indie releases and japanese localized games. It would be nice if they'd given it more unique handheld experiences, rather than console ports/spin offs

I only got mine recently because it was a decent deal (refurbished OLED vita+32GB card) and I had a fair number of games from PS+ (Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, Sly Cooper, Wipeout, etc). The only Vita game I've actually bought is P4G--just so happens that's also the vita game i've played the most so far

#86 Edited by jake44 (2021 posts) -
@charizard1605 said:

@jake44 said:

That has never happened to me. That might be a faulty unit. Maybe call Sony, and see what they say.

I think it's only done it when I watch Amazon Prime and Netflix. Haven't tried it this month...maybe they fixed it with one of the stability updates.

#87 Posted by charizard1605 (58231 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605 said:

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605 said:

@lostrib said:

Yeah, it's pretty sad. The vita seems to be living off indie releases and japanese localized games. It would be nice if they'd given it more unique handheld experiences, rather than console ports/spin offs

I only got mine recently because it was a decent deal (refurbished OLED vita+32GB card) and I had a fair number of games from PS+ (Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, Sly Cooper, Wipeout, etc). The only Vita game I've actually bought is P4G--just so happens that's also the vita game i've played the most so far

Yeah, P4G remains to date the only Vita game I actually spent money on. Of my 150 hours spent playing my Vita, it has 118 of them. Sort of sad, actually...

#88 Posted by charizard1605 (58231 posts) -

@jake44 said:
@charizard1605 said:

@jake44 said:

I think it's only done it when I watch Amazon Prime and Netflix.

Are those apps updated?

I'd try to uninstall and then redownload them. You might just have bad installs.

#89 Edited by jake44 (2021 posts) -

@charizard1605: Yeah, never really thought of that. I'll try that when I get off of work.

#90 Posted by heretrix (37415 posts) -

Why would they fix anything when their fan base is constantly kissing their ass all the time?

#91 Posted by Puckhog04 (22606 posts) -

You have to hit share for it to start recording. I don't mind it.

#92 Edited by santoron (7774 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:
@santoron said:

@charizard1605 said:

Please check page 57. Or 56. Or 55.

I only linked to the first page of the thread. People are still having issues- the last post was just a few hours ago.

Yeah, I got around to that thinking a bit late but I did check it out. It does stand to reason that since most of the complaints preceded the bugfix, we aren't dealing with a current issue as large as the link would have you believe. And even towards the end there were people reporting problems that didn't understand how to work the feature.

So, I'll hope for the remaining problems to be addressed, and you acknowledge that rather than sitting on their collective asses, Sony has been actively addressing the problem by pushing out bugfixes to combat this very issue, and continues to collect error reports in an effort to improve further while actively communicating with the community. Basically everything you alluded they weren't doing.

#93 Posted by silversix_ (14795 posts) -

Its the messaging that i want them to fix. i dunno if this is happening only to me and couple of my friends but it takes longer to load a written message on psn than a cellphone from late 90's. Its truly pathetic and i haven't seen a single person mentioning this. How the hell was it instant on ps3 and can take up to 3 minutes on ps4? and no im not running with a crappy cave connection from alaska lol

#94 Posted by charizard1605 (58231 posts) -

@santoron: I'm sorry, I will not do that.

Actually, you know what, I'll amend my original complaint to 'Sony aren't doing/communicating enough about this issue for my tastes.' I'll do that just for you. Because I care :-3

#95 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Share works fine for me except for in a few games like BF4. My main concern is the lack of themes, wallpapers, and the lack of media playback. These are basic things the PS3 had and the PS4 doesn't have them, it's quite shameful lol. Other than that #SDC sustains and works flawlessly. I find it funny a sheep is making this thread considering Nintendo are the ones that come to mind when I think of OS incompetence, WiiU's OS is a joke.

#96 Posted by santoron (7774 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Agreed on all points.

MS has definitely been better in getting fixes and features out the door than Sony. Commendable focus, and I keep thinking what a shame it is this crew couldn't have oversaw XB1's development, instead of the Mattrick led turdfest.

It's absolutely lame - and very Sony - to hype a feature they then run into problems with on the road to release. At least in this instance they've let us know it's still a priority and in active development, instead of leaving us to wonder as they have before.

And it seems they prioritized a uniform look for the PS Store over performance on PS3. It sucks.

#97 Posted by santoron (7774 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@santoron: I'm sorry, I will not do that.

Actually, you know what, I'll amend my original complaint to 'Sony aren't doing/communicating enough about this issue for my tastes.' I'll do that just for you. Because I care :-3

That's fair. By golly, I'll take it!

#98 Posted by illmatic87 (15291 posts) -

By gamers for gamers

>Encrypts HDMI port

#99 Edited by bbkkristian (14956 posts) -

Yeah, when Ive been pressing the share button while playing ffxiv, instead of showing my previous 5 minutes of gameplay as I've set, it shows Crystal Tower footage I recorded three weeks ago. It seriously needs to get fixed.

And please add themes, mp3 playback, folders. Hell folders should be standard by now.

#100 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14453 posts) -

Go get laid already.