Sony fans, If Sony was to drop out of gaming.........

• 130 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts
they wouldn't drop out all together, they'd at least pull a Sega, and it would be like they never really left, we'd have another delusional class of fanboys insisting Sony will return to making consoles much like Sega loyalists insisting the Dreamcast 2 is coming, then out of left field Apple or Google or Samsung makes their own console and nobody cares anymore
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#52 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts
[QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"]

gaming without sony isnt gaming anymore

EzcapeTheFate
Believe it or not sony didnt start gaming and if they leave it will continue on as usual.

ps3 was my first sony console , i believe you :D
DarthClark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 DarthClark
Member since 2012 • 458 Posts
I would just dust off the ps2 and play every game ever made for it until Sony rose up from the ashes like a phoenix in arizona to release the PS5.
Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

I would just dust off the ps2 and play every game ever made for it until Sony rose up from the ashes like a phoenix in arizona to release the PS5.DarthClark
crying%20bear%20Wallpaper__yvt2.jpg

telefanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 telefanatic
Member since 2007 • 3008 Posts

I would cry that day, but im mainly a PC gamer and have been since 1998, but if Sony went under i woundnt touch anymore consoles, i was really hurt when Sega went under Dreamcast was my joy.

Avatar image for todd2r_Partdeux
todd2r_Partdeux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 todd2r_Partdeux
Member since 2012 • 762 Posts
On one hand it would be sad. On the other hand, it would be like, say, if you had to pee really bad and you've held it all day, then you finally get to go and it's sweet relief. It would be sweet relief knowing that douche biggalows like Davekeeh, and ShadowMoses, and ispeakhairy are somewhere crying and possibly shiiting their pants.
nitekids2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 nitekids2004
Member since 2005 • 2981 Posts

Lets hope not. Modern gaming would be set back at least seven years if that were to happen.

LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
I'd just go PC only, with maybe a Nintendo console purchase later in its lifespan.
Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts
Continue on with the other systems like I have been since last year.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="Puckhog04"]That's nice and all, but that doesn't tell me which one you would switch to. Puckhog04

I always own them all...hence I would own all the others and not the Sony Console that didn't exist...

Oh ok

I'd go PC and Nintendo Mr.Amazon. Well I already am but yeah, would probably purchase a PS2 for a few JRPGs (kinda hoping they get ported but meh) and then keep on gaming.

whiskeystrike
Yes JRPGs were seriously lacking this gen. Might be one of the reasons I never got too excited this gen for consoles and only ended up buying one console. Every gen before this, I would have two consoles along with my PC.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 AmazonTreeBoa

They would have no choice but to turn to Nintendo, Microsoft, or PC gaming for future games, just like Sega fanboys had no choice but to turn to either Nintendo, Microsoft, or Sony for more games after Sega discontinued the Dreamcast.

Shinobi120
Thank you captain obvious. :roll:
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

If Sony stopped, I'd go Nintendo console + PC instead of Sony console + PC.

XVision84
Same.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 AmazonTreeBoa

Sony isn't going out of business.....fanboys like to live their fantasies. It's pretty bad when you can't bash the system it's self and the only ammo you got is sales and dooms day threads.

If Sony (or anyone) left the industry it would be bad. Less competition is a bad thing, imagine only MS and Nintendo? XBL would increase in the hundreds, Another RROD fiasco would happen without coverage this time, all 1st party goes out the window, and Kinect becomes king of the platform. Nintendo would just keep making outdated hard ware.

They would get away with it because no one would put them in their place, you see Sony is the one pushing the industry forward and the reason why systems improve.

ShadowMoses900
*YAWN* I don't want fanboy ignorance, I just want a straight answer not influenced by stupidity. Can you do that, can you actually come into a thread for once in your life and put your stupid fanboy aside and just answer a question with a normal sane reasonable answer? Huh, can you? I am starting to think not.
burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#65 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

Microsoft. Xbox is basically the same thing as PlayStation anyway. There's marginal difference between the two. The main difference is the Xbox Live rip-off.

Well, I'd consider going Nintendo if they could get the third party support of the compeHAHAHAHA I'm sorry I coudn't finish that sentence.

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
Pc probably since ms can't get the hardware failure rates to an acceptable level on console and nintendo lacks in hardware/online capabilities. I would have to change the way I game(portable) since sony makes the best one for my needs with vita..
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#67 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="Shinobi120"]

They would have no choice but to turn to Nintendo, Microsoft, or PC gaming for future games, just like Sega fanboys had no choice but to turn to either Nintendo, Microsoft, or Sony for more games after Sega discontinued the Dreamcast.

AmazonTreeBoa

Well that all depends because when SEGA went third party Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo all got exclusives from SEGA.

Maybe the same will happen if Sony goes 3rd Party; Some of Sony's IPs wouldn't appeal to Microsoft fans so they might go to Nintendo or PC since those fanbases might appeciate them more. While some wouldn't appeal to Nintendo fans so they would go to Microsoft or PC instead.

sakura_Ex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 sakura_Ex
Member since 2007 • 3066 Posts
I'd become a full fledged " Sheep".
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
I already game on PC so I would stick to it and for consoles/handhelds probably support Nintendo
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
I don't play games anymore. But if Sony dropped out I would game even less somehow. I would play a negative amount of games instead
Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#71 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
Stop gaming,and replay missed PS3 classics
Oil_Rope_Bombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Oil_Rope_Bombs
Member since 2010 • 2667 Posts
I game on PC the most after my PS3, so that. If I HAD to choose a console, it would be Futurebox 360.
Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
I game on PC the most after my PS3, so that. If I HAD to choose a console, it would be Futurebox 360.Oil_rope_bombs
hey dark souls troll,didnt know you travel in these areas!
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
Depends.... but probably go to PC
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#75 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

I dont think Sony is going anywhere, at least not next gen. Ill support the console that has the best balance between hardware power and dev support, just like i have been doing all generations. Unfortunatly WiiU failed in power and i dont think third party devs will support it for longer than 2 or 3 years. Now its up to MS and Sony to amuse me.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

I dont think Sony is going anywhere, at least not next gen. Ill support the console that has the best balance between hardware power and dev support, just like i have been doing all generations. Unfortunatly WiiU failed in power and i dont think third party devs will support it for longer than 2 or 3 years. Now its up to MS and Sony to amuse me.

PAL360
Get a Pc and join the master race. :twisted:
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#77 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

Heil68

I would get a PC just for Planetside 2 (my most hyped game despite the fact i dont have where to play it lol), but i still have hopes that it will come to a next gen console aswell. Probably PS4 since its a ony game.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 AmazonTreeBoa

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="Shinobi120"]

Nintendo_Ownes7

Well that all depends because when SEGA went third party Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo all got exclusives from SEGA.

Maybe the same will happen if Sony goes 3rd Party; Some of Sony's IPs wouldn't appeal to Microsoft fans so they might go to Nintendo or PC since those fanbases might appeciate them more. While some wouldn't appeal to Nintendo fans so they would go to Microsoft or PC instead.

There is a chance for that, but I don't see it happening at first. Sony is in a bad way right now with money and if they decided to drop out of the console race and only focus on games. I see them making all their games multiplat to make as much money as they could as fast as they could to get out of the red. But I could see them making new IPs just for the soul purpose of having different exclusives on different consoles. But even then, would they want to instead of just staying multiplat? I hope we never find out. Even if they fight used game sells, which would keep me from buying one. I still wouldn't want to see Sony go under. The only console company that I don't like is Microsoft. Not because I don't like the 360 or because I don't like the games. It is because I don't like the way they do business. That's why I can't and don't relate to lemmings. They are so willing to bend over and take it from Microsoft that they even defend Microsoft's shady practices and condone them instead of opening their eyes and facing facts., which is that Microsoft is screwing them and the only reason Microsoft is screwing them is because the lemmings make it so easy for them. I lemmings would grow a set and stand up for themselves even at the expense of missing out on good games to prove a point, they wouldn't be getting screwed. It's as simple as this. If Microsoft wasn't making money with their current business model because gamers grew a set and refused to support such practices, then Microsoft would have one of two options. Either A) Pull out of the console race (and we all know that's not going to happen), or B) Change their business model to something gamers are willing to accept. But instead of lemmings growing a set and standing up for themselves, you get what we have here. Microsoft milking their consumers at every angle they can find to milk them because so far, nobody stands up to them.

EDIT: Sorry, I kinda got off track there didn't I :P

coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#79 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
Either PC or M$
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#80 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

Playstation brand is going nowhere so I'm not voting. PS4 is taking no prisoners!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="PAL360"]

PAL360

I would get a PC just for Planetside 2 (my most hyped game despite the fact i dont have where to play it lol), but i still have hopes that it will come to a next gen console aswell. Probably PS4 since its a ony game.

"dont have where to play it l" What do you mean?
ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 ChikaraShref
Member since 2011 • 4721 Posts
currently play on everything to some extent. so it wouldn't be that much of a shift. besides, we know very little about next gen consoles.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#83 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

As a semi manticore (no Nintendo Wii system of my own), I'd just keep playing anything else. It would be a shame, Sony has done a lot of things for the gaming industry and their first party titles are some of the best this generation, but luckily that's not the case.

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

If Sony stopped, I'd go Nintendo console + PC instead of Sony console + PC.

XVision84

Same

Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

If Sony dropped out of gaming it would all depend on where would the good exclusives (God of War, Infamous, Uncharted) go to. But they would probably go to Microsoft therefore that's my answer.

Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Meeeper282
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

I'd turn hermit, but for this i'd need to gain 100kg, get acne and i must download world of war craft.

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

Quit gaming altogether.

free_milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#88 free_milk
Member since 2011 • 3903 Posts

If Sony dropped out of gaming it would all depend on where would the good exclusives (God of War, Infamous, Uncharted) go to. But they would probably go to Microsoft therefore that's my answer.

Ricardomz
those exclusives would go multiplat and why did you bump this?

I'd turn hermit, but for this i'd need to gain 100kg, get acne and i must download world of war craft.

Meeeper282
shut up.Only 10 year olds play pokemon

Quit gaming altogether.

Obviously_Right
your an idiot.
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Fizzman  Online
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

I imagine they would become PC gamers since all cows own gaming PC's.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

According to my hiearchy, it's PC, Sony, Nintendo. If Sony disappears, there's still the PC and Nintendo. If Nintendo disappears, there's still the PC. Now, if the PC disappears, then the tears start flowing.

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

[QUOTE="Obviously_Right"]

Quit gaming altogether.

free_milk

your an idiot.

*You're

You also have a David Luiz sig.

Say no more.

free_milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#92 free_milk
Member since 2011 • 3903 Posts

[QUOTE="free_milk"][QUOTE="Obviously_Right"]

Quit gaming altogether.

Obviously_Right

your an idiot.

*You're

You also have a David Luiz sig.

Say no more.

predictable response.
DoctorWho88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 DoctorWho88
Member since 2011 • 214 Posts

F*ck yea, cookies scores higher than Microsoft :)

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I ddin't bother to consider MS as a separate option because as a PC gamer, I know MS have a measure of control by virtue of the Windows OS and the majority of games using Direct X. Until something drastic happens in the OS arena, MS still benefits from PC gamers. That's enough MS for me.

percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 percuvius2
Member since 2004 • 1982 Posts

ps3 was sony saying goodbye to gaming that's why you need a PC or 360 to play Dawnguard. HAHAHAHA!

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#96 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Why would I choose any when I can have them all? Only an idiot would choose an alliance.
percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 percuvius2
Member since 2004 • 1982 Posts

I couldn't vote because " I wouldn't notice" wasn't an option.

DoctorWho88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 DoctorWho88
Member since 2011 • 214 Posts
Lmfao!!
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
sony might as well have dropped out already. i dont use my ps3 for anything right now. the last time i played anything on it that wasnt a sports game was uncharted 3 last year doing just fine with a 360, 3ds and pc
PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

Why would I choose any when I can have them all? Only an idiot would choose an alliance.JohnF111

An idiot...or those of us who aren't born rich and have too much time on our hands.