Sony fails at copying Nintendo yet again, PSASBR 6.5 on GS - SWM #61

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by Heil68 (47374 posts) -

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="moistsandwich"] Yea, you really sold me on it being the best in muther fuking video game *history*. :lol: moistsandwich

Where did I give you the idea I wast trying to sell you on it? Oh wait.... you think I care about your opinion.... :lol:

IMO... Wii U will has the strongest launch lineup in gaming history. It's pure gaming bliss.

moistsandwich

You obviously do care about your opinion and what others think of it or you wouldn't of posted that. :lol:

#102 Posted by xLittlekillx (1824 posts) -

I don't think it counts as next gen. It's just xbox level power with a controller gimmick.

#103 Posted by Pikminmaniac (9423 posts) -

It technically counts as next gen given that it is Nintendo's next major home console. In terms of functionality, I've become convinced it is a solid step above PS3 and 360 given its multitasking capabilities and innovative online elements. I'm very impressed with what the latest Nintendo Wii U video showed.

#104 Posted by NirdBerd (2116 posts) -

A generation is a measure of time not the power of the systems....

Having said that, compare the launch 360/PS3 games with the Wii U launch games, it can only get better.

#105 Posted by _Cadbury_ (2936 posts) -
I really don't get the point in the Wii U. It does casual just like the wii did. It will now do 'hardcore' games, just like the PS3 and 360 already do. It doesn't do those games any better than the ps3 or 360. Half it's launch line up is games that have already been released on the ps3/360. There are no developers (As far as I'm aware) making new IPs specifically on the wii u instead of the 360/ps3. So why buy one? Because of the controller? Starting the next gen by catching up in standards to the current one is pretty piss poor imo.
#106 Posted by tubbyc (3799 posts) -

I really don't get the point in the Wii U. It does casual just like the wii did. It will now do 'hardcore' games, just like the PS3 and 360 already do. It doesn't do those games any better than the ps3 or 360. Half it's launch line up is games that have already been released on the ps3/360. There are no developers (As far as I'm aware) making new IPs specifically on the wii u instead of the 360/ps3. So why buy one? Because of the controller? Starting the next gen by catching up in standards to the current one is pretty piss poor imo._Cadbury_

I guess that's the big selling point. After the Wii, I'm skeptical about the Wii U and don't have any desire to get one. Maybe much later.

#107 Posted by locopatho (21089 posts) -
[QUOTE="_Cadbury_"]I really don't get the point in the Wii U. It does casual just like the wii did. It will now do 'hardcore' games, just like the PS3 and 360 already do. It doesn't do those games any better than the ps3 or 360. Half it's launch line up is games that have already been released on the ps3/360. There are no developers (As far as I'm aware) making new IPs specifically on the wii u instead of the 360/ps3. So why buy one? Because of the controller? Starting the next gen by catching up in standards to the current one is pretty piss poor imo.

Platinum Games are. And Nintendo themselves of course. People get Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games, it's a thing. Having Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101 as well is pretty sweet.
#108 Posted by MK-Professor (3947 posts) -

[QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

in 3 days 360/ps3 are going to be last gen consoles :D

LLYNCES

Are you seriously implying the WII U is a true "next gen" console? Because last time I checked the hardware is barely any better than what current generation consoles have.

I see someone is angry here because the 360/ps3 are last gen and the WiiU next gen with next gen graphics :cool:

#109 Posted by blackace (21417 posts) -
Next-Gen starts tomorrow and last-gen is officially over. lol!!
#110 Posted by Wiiyou (650 posts) -

I am sooooo jelly now, it sux to live in Europe right now, have to wait about 2 weeks more :(:cry:

#111 Posted by gameofthering (10469 posts) -

I am sooooo jelly now, it sux to live in Europe right now, have to wait about 2 weeks more :(:cry:

Wiiyou

Just think of them as testing it for you :P

#112 Posted by LittleMac19 (1638 posts) -
So will PS3/360 threads be moved to legacy platforms?
#113 Posted by Wiiyou (650 posts) -

So you lucky 18th nov guys got any midnight event sales going?

#114 Posted by King_Dodongo (3387 posts) -
So will PS3/360 threads be moved to legacy platforms?LittleMac19
I seriously hope so.
#115 Posted by W1NGMAN- (9968 posts) -

So next gen has officially started?

Does this mean winners and losers of last gen have been determined?

Do PC games released after 18 Nov 12 count towards it's "next gen" library?

The Wii U is already ahead with two AAEs?

#116 Posted by charizard1605 (61781 posts) -

W1NGMAN-
Yes.
#117 Posted by gameofthering (10469 posts) -

[QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"]

charizard1605

Yes.

You mean I'll be playing next gen games tomorrow! Sweet! Awesome! Amazing!

:P

#118 Posted by Jynxzor (9313 posts) -
Next gen looks so...similar.
#119 Posted by Wiiyou (650 posts) -

Next gen looks so...similar.Jynxzor

Yeah Ps4 if it ever come out will look similar..,same old controller dual shock it had since ps1, slighty better graphic ya the same,

#120 Posted by painguy1 (8686 posts) -

Obligatory my body is ready post

My_203b92_2211808.jpg

#121 Posted by darkspineslayer (20464 posts) -
I'm sorry Willy, I don't have a WiiU to pick up tomorrow! I let down my lord and saviour Reggie! :cry:
#122 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -
First person with a WU must undergo rigorous questioning.
#123 Posted by Pikminmaniac (9423 posts) -

I'll be able to pick up my preordered deluxe Wii U in about 9 hours. That's when my EB games opens. Am I the only one that's particularily excited to see how the Miiverse turns out. I can see a lot of interesting and fun things coming from that feature.

#124 Posted by Wiiyou (650 posts) -

So any know how to transfer game saves from Wii to WiiU yet?

#125 Posted by superfalcon1234 (260 posts) -

Wiiyou

is this what you are asking for

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wiiu/en_na/system_system_transfer.jsp

#126 Posted by Wiiyou (650 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wiiyou"]

superfalcon1234

is this what you are asking for

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wiiu/en_na/system_system_transfer.jsp

yep thx

#127 Posted by ShadowNemisis21 (144 posts) -

Im going to buy one when more exclusives come out.Looks cool.

#128 Posted by gameofthering (10469 posts) -

I'll wait until boxing day or the New year and see if there are any deals.

#129 Posted by TilxWLOC (1163 posts) -

I'll be able to pick up my preordered deluxe Wii U in about 9 hours. That's when my EB games opens. Am I the only one that's particularily excited to see how the Miiverse turns out. I can see a lot of interesting and fun things coming from that feature.

Pikminmaniac

Nope, I can't wait to see all of that stuff in action, such large potential and so far it is using it.

#130 Posted by moistsandwich (0 posts) -

Got mine set up.... just waiting for the heavy firmware update to complete, if you're wondering why I'm still on the forums.

Too lazy to take photos, transfer photos, upload photos then post photos. Mine is black... will play ZombiU first... just because the reviews are all slamming it so hard, I want to see if my opinion will differ.

#131 Posted by Prince_Denspion (2644 posts) -

Got mine set up.... just waiting for the heavy firmware update to complete, if you're wondering why I'm still on the forums.

Too lazy to take photos, transfer photos, upload photos then post photos. Mine is black... will play ZombiU first... just because the reviews are all slamming it so hard, I want to see if my opinion will differ.

moistsandwich

me to. keep getting server errors tho. have to keep restarting the update. luckily it picks up from where it left off.

#132 Posted by ArisShadows (22675 posts) -
I will get you a photo, sure..
#133 Posted by painguy1 (8686 posts) -

I gotz me a wiiU

198277_3841384639105_1841813191_n.jpg

#134 Posted by mariokart64fan (19712 posts) -

Wii U is last current-gen home console ofc

Next gen starts when Sony says so

Zurrur
no it does not sorry pal , third place/tie contenders dont decide when next gen is , ask sega theyll tell you hahah nintendo wii u is next gen and mine is black and bold ,
#135 Posted by GamespotSux_IKR (66 posts) -

Wii U rocks! I can't wait to see how far it goes

#136 Posted by everythingtrash (28 posts) -
n64's smoke color looks better than the shiney finger print attracting black.
#137 Posted by 789shadow (20195 posts) -

That controller looks dirty already.

#138 Posted by Katsumic (253 posts) -

789shadow

It took me all of 5 minutes for my gamepad to get fingerprints and dust particles all over :( Lol

I managed to get a screen protector on it, but i still find myself having to wipe the dust off hourly.

#139 Posted by Wiiyou (650 posts) -

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

Katsumic

It took me all of 5 minutes for my gamepad to get fingerprints and dust particles all over :( Lol

I managed to get a screen protector on it, but i still find myself having to wipe the dust off hourly.

You guys doing it wrong, you have to play with white gloves :lol:

#140 Posted by slimjimbadboy (1731 posts) -

I won't end up getting a WiiU after buying a Wii. But I'm not gonna lie when I say the new console looks really good.

#141 Posted by ArisShadows (22675 posts) -
Waiting for my controller to charge.. Can't wait.
#142 Posted by kyacat (4135 posts) -
I have seen ads for wii u and next year I will get wii u hope Nintendo well with their new console
#143 Posted by Tessellation (8845 posts) -
Waiting for my controller to charge.. Can't wait.ArisShadows
name of the chick all over your signature
#144 Posted by ArisShadows (22675 posts) -
[QUOTE="ArisShadows"]Waiting for my controller to charge.. Can't wait.Tessellation
name of the chick all over your signature

Hyuna
#145 Posted by Tessellation (8845 posts) -
hahahaha 6.5
#146 Posted by King_Dodongo (3387 posts) -
OMG at thread title! :D
#147 Posted by shellcase86 (2077 posts) -
Played it at Best Buy. Was actually really fun. Very familiar of SSB.