Sony E3 Thread - UNCHARTED 4 CONFIRMED

#1901 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8366 posts) -

Just got up - Sony got even more stuff than Microsoft but not a lot of it was worthwile, so they definetly they didn't shit on M$, contrary to rabid fanboys statements. Most of those were either indie or miscellaneous games, not a lot of triple-A proper games and I think greater kudos to Microsoft for their choices of multiplat games (apart from maybe Batman on Sony's side). However, I must say that judging by the content, Sony's presentation was by not means bad.

#1902 Edited by Shewgenja (8465 posts) -

Hey guys, Sony won't get your feed back unless you wrote them hand written letter. After getting 50% pay cuts, bonuses lost, and losing bandwidth to TV and social apps, the best way to contact them is by a hand written letter.

At least they brought exclusive games. Pretty much what people actually give a fuck about.

#1903 Edited by _Matt_ (8867 posts) -

The conference wasn't the best put together, but the content just edged out Microsoft's in my eyes.

#1904 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4085 posts) -
@b4x said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

A few disjointed thoughts and opinions:

1. Sony killed it with games. LBP3 and new Infamous content means they're now at parity with MS on 2014 games. Bloodborne, UC4, Let It Die and GRIM FUCKING FANDANGO slapped about Phil's 2016 nostalgia milking. GTAV, MGS5 (pity that was leaked), Mortal Kombat and Batman reveals demonstrated the PS4's multiplat strength and NO MAN'S FUCKING SKY (remember when Xbots were begging Phil to buy exclusivity for that?) showed that the breadth and range of stuff on the PS4 is strong.

2. They really, really didn't need the TV shit. Cut that out and it would have been as long as MS' conference and wiped the floor with them in games regardless.

3. Last gen is dead.

4. This thread has more posts and views than the MS thread. No one cares about Xbone.

They better put that new JOKE President out to pasture to never be seen at another presser.

Sony Fanboys HATED that guy.

Shawn Layden has a much better pedigree in the industry than Spencer the T-shirt wearer does. Why they turfed him out only for the multimedia shit befuddles me. First E3 nerves? A real shame.

#1905 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6146 posts) -

Just got up - Sony got even more stuff than Microsoft but not a lot of it was worthwile, so they definetly they didn't shit on M$, contrary to rabid fanboys statements. Most of those were either indie or miscellaneous games, not a lot of triple-A proper games and I think greater kudos to Microsoft for their choices of multiplat games (apart from maybe Batman on Sony's side). However, I must say that judging by the content, Sony's presentation was by not means bad.

Sonys content was great. Was it the fuel to win a fanboy argument? Hell no.

#1907 Posted by Krelian-co (10368 posts) -

lems are already damage controlling this thread? LOL

I guess it didn't do much good for microsoft to show multiplats that are going to be best on ps4. All they did was make propaganda for ps4 actually with their multiplat show.

#1908 Edited by Heil68 (43462 posts) -

@gago-gago said:

Hey guys, Sony won't get your feed back unless you wrote them hand written letter.

Only with SONY can you get such a personal, well thought out touch.

IT's really am extension of the by gamers for gamers manta and coupling it with Live, Learn and Love.

I think I can speak for all of us when I say we are ALL humbled SONY.

Thank you for caring so much about us the GAMER.

#1909 Posted by ohgeez (910 posts) -

@shurns said:

@Zero_epyon said:
@Scipio8 said:

Uncharted 4 CGI as expected, man this Sony conference blows. MS won E3!

Did't it say the footage was captured on a PS4? I don't think that was CGI at all. You could see the LOD get lower in the face as he walked away.

The game is indeed in-engine no doubt, but whether the gameplay is able to match their cut-scenes is questionable though.

Right. That's why I noted the LOD decreasing as they pan out, like all Uncharted games when they come out of a cutscene. CGI it is not though.

While I suppose its possible, I highly doubt that trailer is in game. Its most likely pre-rendered in the uncharted engine. We should be focusing on the more important things. Drake and sully are confirmed and we can put such rumors that they aren't in the game to rest.

#1910 Posted by kingtito (4861 posts) -

At least when Sony was showing me a multiplat, it had exclusive content coming to the PS4 and runs better. Sony dropped more surprise game announcements in the first 20 minutes of their presentation than MS did in their "games only" press conference for two hours.

PS4 blew the fuck out of E3 this year.

Hahahah so says the super cow. Hahaha thanks for the laugh cow, you can go back to inserting your head up Sony's ass

#1911 Posted by santoron (7692 posts) -

Yup. But they had a 30 minute brain fart featuring Executives with stage fright, a TV show complete with a talk to the creator and concept art, and announcement of a Ratchet and Clank movie. It was dreadful, and completely unneeded.

#1912 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6146 posts) -

@gago-gago said:

Hey guys, Sony won't get your feed back unless you wrote them hand written letter. After getting 50% pay cuts, bonuses lost, and losing bandwidth to TV and social apps, the best way to contact them is by a hand written letter.

At least they brought exclusive games. Pretty much what people actually give a fuck about.

my 2014: Sunset Overdrive, Halo Master Chief Collection, Forza Horizon 2. Exclusives this year. Sony isnt looking good no matter what at this point.

#1913 Edited by B4X (3621 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@gago-gago said:

Not like that POS Shit Halo MEGATON shitload of gaming content.

Or that crap Sunset OD or Forza Horizons 2....Just horrible games. /amiright

I almost had to X out the Sony briefing at several points it got so AMAZING. THANK THE GODs for MUTE!

#1914 Edited by Heil68 (43462 posts) -

I guess it didn't do much good for microsoft to show multiplats that are going to be best on ps4. All they did was make propaganda for ps4 actually with their multiplat show.

More post in this thread than MS's. I guess Lems didn't even like their conference and tbo, compared to SONY's it really was a loosing battle.

#1915 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (4085 posts) -

@b4x said:

@GrenadeLauncher: FH2 was never rumored to be removed out of E3. Quantum Break my little fella.

Get with the program!

Yeah, right. All I heard from the lemmings is MEGATONS INBOUND COS ALL THIS STUFF IS COMING EARLY

In the end, no megatons. Unless you could trying to drag back the core audience with nostalgia milking counts as megaton.

#1916 Posted by AcidTango (533 posts) -

E3 has been a joke for a few years now.

#1917 Posted by Playerpat0 (1686 posts) -

How can anyone say that one beat the other? They both sucked. Sunset Overdrive was cool. Bloodborn was cool but all CGI. So yeah… both failed. Yet here everyone is proclaiming a victor. LOL

#1918 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6146 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@gago-gago said:

Hey guys, Sony won't get your feed back unless you wrote them hand written letter.

IT's really am extension of the by gamers for gamers manta and coupling it with Live, Learn and Love.

Fans ask for a zombie game..............Sony gives them a multiplat, Dead Island 2. WTF was that horseshit?

#1919 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (742 posts) -

reater kudos to Microsoft for their choices of multiplat games (apart from maybe Batman on Sony's side).

What?

Destiny

Far Cry 3

Batman

MGS V

Mortal Kombat X

GTA V

No Man's Sky

Dead Island 2 (announcement)

vs

CoD

Ass Creed

The Witcher 3

The Division

Tomb Raider (announcement)

You need more sleep.

#1920 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (742 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@gago-gago said:

my 2014: Sunset Overdrive, Halo Master Chief Collection, Forza Horizon 2. Exclusives this year. Sony isnt looking good no matter what at this point.

There is 1 exclusive in your list.

LBP3 and Drive Club

Game over.

#1921 Edited by Heil68 (43462 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@gago-gago said:

Fans ask for a zombie game..............Sony gives them a multiplat, Dead Island 2. WTF was that horseshit?

Is it playable on PS4? Awwww yeahhhhh

SONY won 2014 with exclusives anyways.

#1922 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6146 posts) -

@b4x said:

@GrenadeLauncher: FH2 was never rumored to be removed out of E3. Quantum Break my little fella.

Get with the program!

Yeah, right. All I heard from the lemmings is MEGATONS INBOUND COS ALL THIS STUFF IS COMING EARLY

In the end, no megatons. Unless you could trying to drag back the core audience with nostalgia milking counts as megaton.

Give Sony more credit. The Powers was a huge TV show megaton and dont for get about Ratchet and Clanks movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sony won indeed.

#1923 Edited by B4X (3621 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:
@b4x said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

A few disjointed thoughts and opinions:

1. Sony killed it with games. LBP3 and new Infamous content means they're now at parity with MS on 2014 games. Bloodborne, UC4, Let It Die and GRIM FUCKING FANDANGO slapped about Phil's 2016 nostalgia milking. GTAV, MGS5 (pity that was leaked), Mortal Kombat and Batman reveals demonstrated the PS4's multiplat strength and NO MAN'S FUCKING SKY (remember when Xbots were begging Phil to buy exclusivity for that?) showed that the breadth and range of stuff on the PS4 is strong.

2. They really, really didn't need the TV shit. Cut that out and it would have been as long as MS' conference and wiped the floor with them in games regardless.

3. Last gen is dead.

4. This thread has more posts and views than the MS thread. No one cares about Xbone.

They better put that new JOKE President out to pasture to never be seen at another presser.

Sony Fanboys HATED that guy.

Shawn Layden has a much better pedigree in the industry than Spencer the T-shirt wearer does. Why they turfed him out only for the multimedia shit befuddles me. First E3 nerves? A real shame.

If any of you guys can sit through that brutal TORTURE of 30 minutes of a death sentence again.

You're a better man than me.

#1924 Posted by 2Chalupas (5014 posts) -

Both shows were underwhelming, except for all the also on PC indie stuff they showed (I'll give the Xbox One indie scene a year before it shows up on steam). I cannot reiterate enough how I still have no reason to buy a Xbox One/PS4 this year. Let's see if the Wii U can push me into next gen in 2014 (Project X needs a release date).

The best thing about the sony conference was Giant Squid's game and the Grim Fandango Remake neither of which are exclusives.

Grim Fangango remake is exclusive, unless you are playing it on Vita. But it seems it might be exclusive to PSN.

Bloodborne is my most interesting reveal of the entire day. The competition is what, Rainbox Six? Halo HD collection? Crackdown? Uncharted 4? Not really a great day for AAA announcements. I'm definitely getting the Destiny PS4 bundle though. I have no interest in playing that game on "last gen", I'm already at the point where I refuse to buy any more multiplats for last gen. Just finishing what I have. So at some point if I want to buy any new games at all, I will have to get a PS4. Destiny bundle seems like a great time to me.

#1925 Edited by Elpresador-911 (204 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@Krelian-co said:

More post in this thread than MS's. I guess Lems didn't even like their conference and tbo, compared to SONY's it really was a loosing battle.

Yup. Sony is making the lemmings dance like the puppets they are lol.

#1926 Edited by B4X (3621 posts) -

@b4x said:

Get with the program!

/slap

#1927 Posted by santoron (7692 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@Krelian-co said:

The funny part was B4X trying to use the number of posts as proof that Halo collection was megaton. lol.

#1928 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21538 posts) -

Having put some thoughts to it and relaxed a bit, judging both sony and ms. I say they did good. Too many cgi from both sides though.

After some thought both get a 7 from me.

Now unto konami and nintendo.

#1929 Edited by gago-gago (9354 posts) -

I feel sorry people who had to go through traffic, fight movie goers, waste gas, miss other E3 news,then drive all the way home that was stuck watching this at select theaters. The theater workers have a lot of clean up to do, from all the pop corn and soda thrown on purpose because of this bad Sony E3.

#1930 Posted by B4X (3621 posts) -

derp

#1931 Posted by lostrib (34464 posts) -

@Minishdriveby said:

Both shows were underwhelming, except for all the also on PC indie stuff they showed (I'll give the Xbox One indie scene a year before it shows up on steam). I cannot reiterate enough how I still have no reason to buy a Xbox One/PS4 this year. Let's see if the Wii U can push me into next gen in 2014 (Project X needs a release date).

The best thing about the sony conference was Giant Squid's game and the Grim Fandango Remake neither of which are exclusives.

Grim Fangango remake is exclusive, unless you are playing it on Vita. But it seems it might be exclusive to PSN.

it's not

#1932 Edited by Elpresador-911 (204 posts) -

Sony was straight up balling at E3, utter dominance

#1933 Posted by B4X (3621 posts) -

@santoron said:

@Heil68 said:

@Krelian-co said:

The funny part was B4X trying to use the number of posts as proof that Halo collection was megaton. lol.

For the MILLION upon MILLIONS of Halo fans. This is as close as it gets.

Remove the lips off the sack before I have to notify the authorities.

#1934 Posted by Cheleman (7616 posts) -

just pre ordered mah white ps4.

the HYPE! the HYPE!

#1935 Posted by lostrib (34464 posts) -

Sony was straight up balling at E3, utter dominance

if you could stay awake through all the boring crap

#1936 Posted by cainetao11 (16890 posts) -

How can anyone say that one beat the other? They both sucked. Sunset Overdrive was cool. Bloodborn was cool but all CGI. So yeah… both failed. Yet here everyone is proclaiming a victor. LOL

I love it. Its so entertaining reading the insults and back and forths. Like anybody would believe @Shewgenja or @FoxbatAIpha went into the press conferences objectively?

#1937 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4085 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@gago-gago said:

LBP3 (actually exclusive), Drive Club (actually exclusive), standalone Infamous expansion (not a port). Best version of multiplats. I'm good, Justin. :)

#1938 Edited by Minishdriveby (9738 posts) -

@2Chalupas said:

@Minishdriveby said:

Bloodborne is my most interesting reveal of the entire day. The competition is what, Rainbox Six? Halo HD collection? Crackdown? Uncharted 4? Not really a great day for AAA announcements. I'm definitely getting the Destiny PS4 bundle though. I have no interest in playing that game on "last gen", I'm already at the point where I refuse to buy any more multiplats for last gen. Just finishing what I have. So at some point if I want to buy any new games at all, I will have to get a PS4. Destiny bundle seems like a great time to me.

Sorry, like lostrib said, "It's not." They did say it was a "console exclusive," meaning it would be not on Xbox One, but Schafer tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/TimOfLegend/status/476179637987315714

#1939 Edited by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha: oh dat desperation. Lems and herms were all "b-b-but it didn't say exclusive on the trailer."bahahahahah.

#1940 Posted by santoron (7692 posts) -

@b4x said:

@santoron said:

@Heil68 said:

@Krelian-co said:

Totally bro.

#1941 Edited by B4X (3621 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Shewgenja said:

@gago-gago said:

LBP3 (actually exclusive), Drive Club (actually exclusive), standalone Infamous expansion (not a port). Best version of multiplats. I'm good, Justin. :)

I would get a second opinion.

#1942 Posted by gago-gago (9354 posts) -

MS was in the lead then both were about even until Sony began the continued talking of boring stuff and fake letter stuff. Sony dropped the ball this E3. Which is ok because E3 is just a show. It's ok Sony, the PS4 will be ok right beside the Xbox One.

#1943 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42626 posts) -

It's an ironic ordeal when Sony spends a good amount of time on TV stuff and sales where as MS spends all their time on games.

#1944 Posted by 2Chalupas (5014 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@2Chalupas said:

@Minishdriveby said:

it's not

Yeah, timed exclusive apparantly.

I thought they were saying they were publishing that particular one, but it was shown with all the indies so I should have known. Most of those types of games will be on PC at least, if not on all platforms.

#1945 Edited by B4X (3621 posts) -

@santoron said:

@b4x said:

@santoron said:

@Heil68 said:

@Krelian-co said:

Totally bro.

Let me guess you're one of those single player only HARD CORE fellas. That AI does get brutal at times. :p

Come show me your mad HARD CORE skillz online.

#1946 Edited by santoron (7692 posts) -
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

It's an ironic ordeal when Sony spends a good amount of time on TV stuff and sales where as MS spends all their time on games.

I hope MS continues to push this with their conferences and in exactly the same manner. If they do we'll see the other forced to follow.

Less of the other crap = win for everyone.

#1947 Posted by Minishdriveby (9738 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@2Chalupas said:

@Minishdriveby said:

it's not

Yeah, timed exclusive apparantly.

I thought they were saying they were publishing that particular one, but it was shown with all the indies so I should have known. Most of those types of games will be on PC at least, if not on all platforms.

I'm interested to see if Titan Souls, one of those games in the indie montage, will have more content or just a facelift because I played/beat/finished the ludum dare version a couple months ago (it was about 15 minutes long).

#1948 Posted by B4X (3621 posts) -

@santoron said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

I hope MS continues to push this with their conferences and in exactly the same manner. If they do we'll see the other forced to follow.

Less of the other crap = win for everyone.

Now you're on his sack. Man calm the hell down!

#1949 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (4085 posts) -

@b4x said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@b4x said:

Get with the program!

/slap

lmao don't even try and deny it.

#1950 Posted by Zero_epyon (5082 posts) -

@ohgeez said:

@Zero_epyon said:

@shurns said:

@Zero_epyon said:
@Scipio8 said:

Uncharted 4 CGI as expected, man this Sony conference blows. MS won E3!

Did't it say the footage was captured on a PS4? I don't think that was CGI at all. You could see the LOD get lower in the face as he walked away.

The game is indeed in-engine no doubt, but whether the gameplay is able to match their cut-scenes is questionable though.

Right. That's why I noted the LOD decreasing as they pan out, like all Uncharted games when they come out of a cutscene. CGI it is not though.

While I suppose its possible, I highly doubt that trailer is in game. Its most likely pre-rendered in the uncharted engine. We should be focusing on the more important things. Drake and sully are confirmed and we can put such rumors that they aren't in the game to rest.

And from the dialog, this might be their last adventure!