Sony dominate the UK 1 week after Titanfall Sales up 106%

• 198 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BigBoss255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BigBoss255
Member since 2010 • 3539 Posts

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03/24/infamous-second-son-last-weeks-sales-in-the-uk/

What domination. X1 has a price cut and its major release for the year but all Sony need to get back on top is a mediocre game and fresh supply of stock.

Not only are MGS and Infamous the top two but PS4 versions of multiplats are way ahead of their Bone counterparts.

Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Edit:

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ps4-hardware-sales-jump-106-on-infamous-second-son-launch/0130068

PS4 sales are up 106% on last week which were 76% up on the week before. That's a bigger impact than Titanfall but probably more down to a more availability than Infamous itself.

BigBoss255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BigBoss255

I know there was already a thread on it but it was stupidly closed because it was related to Infamous.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

bu-bu-bu titanfall?

LanceX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 LanceX2
Member since 2014 • 312 Posts

yet 4 weeks X1 was on top. I should hop infamous tops the chart on RELEASE week. The true test is if these games stay on top. O expect titanfall to stay top 5 a long time while infamous and mgz fall down weekly. Not trying to beba fanboy but fps generally have legs more so then infamous

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Ouch... I guess Titanfall didnt have the impact MS hoped it to have. Now lets see how it did in the states.

Meanwhile at EA HQ, executives are pulling hairs out of their heads and kicking themselves

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Sony fans are craving to get new games, no surprise

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

sales make my console so much more fun bros.

LanceX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LanceX2

shoulda known cow circle jerk would be here fast. Titanfall still sold more then infamous which is a fact. Well see how both do through April. I expect both to do fantastic

ghost u should put forza back in your profile bro. Sport the only 9 exclusive

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@lancex2 said:

yet 4 weeks X1 was on top. I should hop infamous tops the chart on RELEASE week. The true test is if these games stay on top. O expect titanfall to stay top 5 a long time while infamous and mgz fall down weekly. Not trying to beba fanboy but fps generally have legs more so then infamous

Gotta understand... cows gonna cow.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#12  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

So to be so obsessed with sales, shouldn't you be playing inFamous? Or are you bored of it already?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@sts106mat said:

LOL, titanfall had a bigger launch and will sell more copies. stay mad

Irrelevant is the PS4 is selling more platforms and Infamous is doing great you find me one exclusive on xbox one that is doing better,to play Titanfall you don't need and xbox one to play Infamous you need a PS4..aahaha

Infamous >>>Forza,Ryse,DR3 that is what matter,but we can compare MGS5 to titanfall you know since both are mutliplatforms i guess that is logic..lol

hahahaaaaaaaaaa

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Is that really surprising? Sony just released there big exclusive, as well as MGS which is popular and better on playstation

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

@BigBoss255 said:

I know there was already a thread on it but it was stupidly closed because it was related to Infamous.

Yeah there was seriously no reason to close it as its the usual weekly sales chart and not related entirely to infamous second son.. the exact thing happened to titanfall last week.

MeanLeanBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MeanLeanBoi
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Dis nots even bees news. Sony bees knockin MS out daily. Like whos bees wantin a damn kinect?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#18 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@sts106mat said:

@Vatusus said:

Ouch... I guess Titanfall didnt have the impact MS hoped it to have. Now lets see how it did in the states.

Meanwhile at EA HQ, executives are pulling hairs out of their heads and kicking themselves

unlikely. they made the right choice.

PSN couldn't handle titanfall.

lel

thats all

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

Huh, remember when Pokemon and Fifa dropped after the first week, and than the latter stayed on for 3 weeks straight after that?

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

Titanfall, am cry!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts

@Vatusus said:

LOL...would like to see that.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@lancex2 said:

This /thread -

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Since this is the last month of the Fiscal Year 2013, we will know soon enough whether Titanfall closed the gap or if Titanfalls 360 delays were an emergency move to shift XBone units by the end of the quarter and subsequently EAs abandond ship move to secure the IP for Playstation releases in the future.

BigBoss255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BigBoss255

@sts106mat said:

Ryse as an avatar? Hahaha.

Like I Said in the other thread, many Xboners would have bought a Bone just for Titanfall so it was bound to have front loaded sales. It was bound to have a heavy drop off because of how undesirable the Bone is. There's no chance it can penetrate the mass market while it's a MS exclusive.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

So to be so obsessed with sales, shouldn't you be playing inFamous? Or are you bored of it already?

So to be so obsessed with sony fans, shouldn't you be creating a PC is the best thread? Or are you bored of PC already?

BigBoss255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BigBoss255

@finalstar2007 said:

@BigBoss255 said:

Yeah there was seriously no reason to close it as its the usual weekly sales chart and not related entirely to infamous second son.. the exact thing happened to titanfall last week.

It's really poor modding, just embarrassing really.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 misterpmedia

@BigBoss255 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@BigBoss255 said:

It's because there's sticky for InFAMOUS....for what ever reason.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By casharmy

@lostrib said:

Is that really surprising? Sony just released there big exclusive, as well as MGS which is popular and better on playstation

Considering people said that Infamous was not a system seller, not a blockbuster title like Titanfall, single player only niche market game yeah, I would say it is.

The only reason why people are saying it is not surprising is because they are eating crow since their previous claims failed. I read quite a few comments to back up what I am saying now,

Maybe I should dig up one or two of those old threads to show how people furiously argued about how Imfamous was no going to sell and lol at how wrong some of the posters were.

EDIT:

some of the sause and I have seen others.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/titanf-most-hyped-game-this-gen-could-infamous-out-31143938/#73

TigerSuperman
  • Forum Posts: 1500
  • Followed by: 0
  • Reviews: 3 Stacks: 0

#49 Posted by TigerSuperman (1500 posts) - 9 days, 21 hours ago

@WadeFan said:

(and being the first must own PS4 exclusive).

What imaginary world do you live in where Infamous is considered a selling title? I think it might outsell X1 (maybe) version because of the delays and that it's the only real big game for awhile. But not because it's a must buy.

..................................................................................................................................................

spicymeatball27
  • Forum Posts: 60
  • Followed by: 0
  • Reviews: 0 Stacks: 5

#60 Posted by spicymeatball27 (60 posts) - 9 days, 20 hours ago

Seeing as infamous 2 sold god awful & no one cared about it i would say No. No where near a system seller. If it came out on ps3 it would of been overlooked as well lol seeing as infamous has never been a triple A title to begin with. Seeing as theres nothing to play on ps4 besides god awful knack & borezone 4 that was traded in at gamestop probably as much as that hannah monatana game that everyone got just for the trophys lol. It probably well sell on owners who won ps4 but newbies will not since its not a system seller in the ps3 era unless its uncharted but thats in late 2015 so long time to wait.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@lancex2 said:

Four weeks out of around 17. GG.

PS4 dominating on Ground Zeroes, Infamous zooming into number one, largest recorded second week drop for Titanflop. Good week. Nice to see LanceX2 still melting down and sts106mat still spinning for his grindfest.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

They should really show the 360 version of Titanfall. It's worrying.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

I feel satisfied.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lostrib

@casharmy said:

@lostrib said:

Considering people said that Infamous was not a system seller, not a blockbuster title like Titanfall, single player only niche market game yeah, I would say it is.

The only reason why people are saying it is not surprising is because they are eating crow since their previous claims failed. I read quite a few comments to back up what I am saying now,

Maybe I should dig up one or two of those old threads to show how people furiously argued about how Imfamous was no going to sell and lol at how wrong some of the posters were.

Luckily, I'm not one of those people

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

Titanfall is a multiplat that can be played on old PCs with no gold subscription. No need to spend $620 for 1 game when you can just spend $60.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Since this is the last month of the Fiscal Year 2013, we will know soon enough whether Titanfall closed the gap or if Titanfalls 360 delays were an emergency move to shift XBone units by the end of the quarter and subsequently EAs abandond ship move to secure the IP for Playstation releases in the future.

Titanfall sparked Xbox One sales and reviewed very well. Its only Cows that want to make it seem as if Titanfall has to sell millions of consoles in the first month. One game has never in the history of games except for Mario done what Cows keeps saying Titanfall has to do. The Titanfall bundle outsold the PS4 4 weeks in a row in the UK and was pretty high on Amazon and GS here in the states. The game has reviewed very well and sold well. Titanfall has done for its first month exactly what its supposed to do. Then each month going forward we'll see what its long-term effect is. I suspect MS has crossed 4 million sales, and has enough data to see that a worldwide price drop will help the One going forward far more than any one game will.

As for EA, I stand by the comment that TF 2 will never see a PS platform. Whatever EA thinks a the game will sell on PS, MS will simply write a check like they did this time with part one. EA's relationship with MS is almost as close as Epic's was. No way MS lets it on a Sony system. This has been and will always be about money and MS will pay IMHO.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@sts106mat said:

@Shewgenja: LOL, you definitely win the longest sentence of the day award dude !

Check this one out, it's like epically long!

Errmuhgherd!

BigBoss255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BigBoss255

@misterpmedia said:

@BigBoss255 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@BigBoss255 said:

Yea but Infamous is one game. There's 39 others in the chart.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lostrib

@FastRobby said:

@DaBrainz said:

Titanfall is a multiplat that can be played on old PCs with no gold subscription. No need to spend $620 for 1 game when you can just spend $60.

It's 480$, and you can't just say that people have a PC, so they only have to pay 60$. A lot of gamers probably have an Xbox 360, so they can also play Titanfall for 60$.

Lol, people paying 60 bucks for a game.

Also wouldn't titanfall be more like 510 currently: Titanfall Bundle (450)+XBL gold (60)

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts

@FastRobby said:

@DaBrainz said:

It's 480$, and you can't just say that people have a PC, so they only have to pay 60$. A lot of gamers probably have an Xbox 360, so they can also play Titanfall for 60$.

I think in 2014 the only demographic that doesn't have a PC (that would encompass a large segment) would be the very elderly. I'd actually be surprised that younger people don't have a PC than do. Hell...they are necessary for school now.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lostrib

@LJS9502_basic said:

@FastRobby said:

@DaBrainz said:

I think in 2014 the only demographic that doesn't have a PC (that would encompass a large segment) would be the very elderly. I'd actually be surprised that younger people don't have a PC than do. Hell...they are necessary for school now.

I'd imagine most young people (like college age) would have laptops/ultrabooks. Not really PCs for gaming

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 misterpmedia

@BigBoss255 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@BigBoss255 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@BigBoss255 said:

Yea but Infamous is one game. There's 39 others in the chart.

ya but it had Infamous in the title no doubt, which means it's insta-locked.

LanceX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LanceX2

grenade , you are a huge reason why this place sucks now. Your trolling is beyond childish and irritating. I like gaf alot better then scowtspot but I come here for laughs

BigBoss255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BigBoss255

@sts106mat said:

@BigBoss255 said:

@sts106mat said:

Ryse as an avatar? Hahaha.

Like I Said in the other thread, many Xboners would have bought a Bone just for Titanfall so it was bound to have front loaded sales. It was bound to have a heavy drop off because of how undesirable the Bone is. There's no chance it can penetrate the mass market while it's a MS exclusive.

Yeah, Ryse i love the game, I enjoyed the story very much, i really love Italy though, it's one of my favourite places in the world. hoping to go back to Rome soon and learn more.

You are talking out of your arse with that last bit. the same could have been said of gears of war last gen.....it went on to sell millions.

Titanfall is a brand new IP, and the first game from a new studio. It has the biggest launch of the year so far and word of mouth about how enjoyable the game is will almost certainly keep it in the top ten for a good while.

People will get bored of playing infamous and some of the low level shit that is on the way before the summer blockbusters.....that wont likely happen with Titanfall....until you've played it, you probably dont realise how big it could be.

I'm not talking about the quality of Titanfall. I haven't played it so I can't comment. How good the game is doesn't matter, is the system is undesirable then it will never achieve big sales after release. Just look at Mario on Wii U, that was GOTY material apparently.

Neither of us are going anyway so we'll see won't we. This is quite nostalgic by the way, me vs you on a weekday afternoon. I didn't realise who you were at first because of the new avatars.

dreamdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 dreamdude
Member since 2006 • 4627 Posts

@Bishop1310 said:

sales make my console so much more fun bros.

Are you claiming "playing" games makes the console more fun?

Madness!

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 casharmy

@lostrib said:

@casharmy said:

@lostrib said:

Luckily, I'm not one of those people

No you weren't.