Sony confirms TLOU Remaster hit over 1 Milion units sold

#51 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (43201 posts) -

Finalstar, are you still following the mantra that you don't care about sales?

#52 Posted by dakan45 (18707 posts) -

Good now put uncharted trilogy on ps4.

#53 Posted by Boddicker (2984 posts) -

*sigh*

I never played this last gen, so I MIGHT pick this up. But there's no way I'm paying $50 for it. $20 at the most.

#54 Posted by AM-Gamer (4909 posts) -

I didn't expect to find a anti PlayStation circle jerk because a great game sold well. But this is system wars.

#55 Edited by KBFloYd (14522 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

I didn't expect to find a anti PlayStation circle jerk because a great game sold well. But this is system wars.

the game is trash and playstation is trash.

#56 Edited by Speak_Low (1245 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

They can argue all they want, but their arguments look stupid.

If the PS4 has "no games" and is selling this well, then prepare for the ass kicking of all time in the next three years when the major AAA games are all out.

Then we have Sheep, of all people, laughing at the "no games" thing. Hey, at least Sony owners are buying the games. PS4 has more million+ sellers than the Wii U already. The hardcore Wii U owners are probably spending more time on message boards than supporting their system. All talk, no buying

#57 Edited by KBFloYd (14522 posts) -

@speak_low said:

@AM-Gamer said:

They can argue all they want, but their arguments look stupid.

If the PS4 has "no games" and is selling this well, then prepare for the ass kicking of all time in the next three years when the major AAA games are all out.

Then we have Sheep, of all people, laughing at the "no games" thing. Hey, at least Sony owners are buying the games. PS4 has more million+ sellers than the Wii U already. The hardcore Wii U owners are probably spending more time on message boards than supporting their system. All talk, no buying

just like cows saying that when QUAD comes out people would stop buying wiiUs...lol wiiU selling better now that its out.

or that all the denial of the ps4 in japan...nothing but salty tears in media create threads.

and nintendo has more exclusive million sellers because sonys 1st party is trash.

#59 Posted by dalger21 (1246 posts) -

Wow....I mean..wow. The amount of nonsense that roams these forums is hilarious.

#60 Posted by monstersfa (398 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

this is going to cause A LOT of butthurt. the game of the generation has now sold around 9-10m which is amazing for a new ip. hopefully a sequel is in order

@CrownKingArthur said:
@monstersfa said:

@lostrib said:

Well what else are they going to buy

Exactly! Especially when you consider that PS 4 owners have no other consoles to buy games for.

well, now an assumption's introduced there monstersfa. an assumption that ps4 owners don't own other consoles.

forgive me lostrib but i'd presume there was this implication "Well what else are they going to buy for their PS4". in which case i would agree. its why i made my comment in the day-z thread.

#owned

Don't see how this is ownage. All speculation. Why would people buy a game they don't care about instead of buying games for other systems?

#61 Edited by AM-Gamer (4909 posts) -

@KBFloYd: spoken like a rabbid butthurt lemming. The sad thing is a PS3 remaster is still superior to anything on the Xbox done.

#62 Posted by KBFloYd (14522 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@KBFloYd: spoken like a rabbid butthurt lemming. The sad thing is a PS3 remaster is still superior to anything on the Xbox done.

not to titanfall. accept it... inflopamaous,shitzone, and the last of us again regurgitaded< titanfall

#63 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6735 posts) -

@Pikminmaniac said:

*looks at how many PS4s were sold then looks at how few games there are to play on it*

makes sense

Lol pretty much.

#64 Edited by AM-Gamer (4909 posts) -

@KBFloYd: According to reviews the last if us stomped titanfail. Enjoy your other exclusives.....oh wait you don't have any. MS whored them out to the PC.

#65 Posted by Krelian-co (12423 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@AM-Gamer said:

not to titanfall. accept it... inflopamaous,shitzone, and the last of us again regurgitaded< titanfall

hahaha lol lemmings are delusional, comparing last of us game of the gen to titanflop a mediocre shooter that was forgotten a month after release xD

#66 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

Amazing.

The most popular game on a next-gen console is a remaster of a last-gen game.

Let's celebrate the downfall of console gaming.

#67 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29671 posts) -

Well it is the best next gen console game even if it is just a remaster.

#68 Posted by mave198 (6999 posts) -

Filthy lemmings only wish MS could make a game like TLOU

TLHBO

#69 Posted by freedomfreak (42399 posts) -

A Modern Warfare collection?

I remember you going on about being done with FPS games. You mentioned it every time a Titanfall thread popped up.

I WONDER WHY

#70 Posted by CountBleck12 (4053 posts) -

It makes me wonder why the game sold so much, it's not even good.

#71 Edited by kuu2 (7802 posts) -

This is no different than when people buy COD every year. Same game with slight enhancements.

MCC is going to be epic

#72 Posted by lostrib (41317 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

A Modern Warfare collection?

I remember you going on about being done with FPS games. You mentioned it every time a Titanfall thread popped up.

I WONDER WHY

he even claimed he was done with COD at one point

#73 Posted by freedomfreak (42399 posts) -
@lostrib said:

he even claimed he was done with COD at one point

finalstar going into FPS hiding when Titanfall was around :dayna2:

I still like you finalstar, but man, you're one sexy little slut cow.

#74 Edited by carljohnson3456 (12455 posts) -

@monstersfa said:

@lostrib said:

Well what else are they going to buy

Exactly! Especially when you consider that PS 4 owners have no other consoles to buy games for.

Riiiiiight lets ignore the fact this game is the best version of one of the best games of last gen that just make out a little more than a year ago.

#75 Edited by HernandeZzzz (882 posts) -

@Basinboy said:
@farrell2k said:

Cool, so maybe Sony won't have to sell off any of their buildings anymore to avoid bankruptcy?

Or slash the price of their flagship product by 33%?

Holy shit, someone just got owned!

Anyway... congratulations to Naughty Dog. A well deserved success.

#76 Posted by lundy86_4 (44036 posts) -

Nice sales. It was still a little soon to release, but it's decent for those with a PS4 who had yet to play TLoU.

#77 Edited by Animal-Mother (27104 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

No shit, there isn't anything else to play on PS4.

Aren't you buying an XB1 for a halo collection?

#78 Posted by mems_1224 (48152 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@mems_1224 said:

Yup, a real remake that has taken years to make. Not some cash grab because they're desperate to put something out on the system because they have nothing else.

#79 Posted by hehe101 (629 posts) -

Of course it did, it would be worrying if it didn't considering the lack of choice.

#80 Posted by biggest_loser (24117 posts) -

Now that Sony has scored big twice with The Last of Us I would hope that they give Naughty Dog as much freedom as they want with any sequel.

They know the game is bankable so there isn't any reason for future titles to be compromised.

#81 Edited by PrincessSnipey (18 posts) -

[color=pink]ok[/color]

#82 Posted by verbalfilth (4665 posts) -

Its great news for naughty dog,they deserve success for every good game they make.... but its also another nail in the coffin for backward compatibility.

#83 Edited by GamingGod999 (3134 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@mems_1224 said:

Yup, a real remake that has taken years to make. Not some cash grab because they're desperate to put something out on the system because they have nothing else.

#84 Edited by Animal-Mother (27104 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@mems_1224 said:

Isn't it still ironic...

THat means they're still putting out albeit 4 games on the system because they'res nothing else on it?

And aren't halo 3 and 4 not having any major overhauls?

#85 Posted by Heil68 (46456 posts) -

SONY, the current gen 8 leader with the illustrious PS4 is on a roll and this game is showing that,

#86 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@mems_1224 said:

Isn't it still ironic...

THat means they're still putting out albeit 4 games on the system because they'res nothing else on it?

halo 3/4 just got a rez bump and a few minor tweeks. mems isnt going to play halo 3/4 though because those are just cash grabs, so is halo 1 anniversary, its just the x360 version with higher res. disgusting

#87 Posted by Heil68 (46456 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@mems_1224 said:

Isn't it still ironic...

halo 3/4 just got a rez bump and a few minor tweeks. mems isnt going to play halo 3/4 though because those are just cash grabs, so is halo 1 anniversary, its just the x360 version with higher res. disgusting

Good point. I'll cancel my pre-order now.

#88 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@mems_1224 said:

Isn't it still ironic...

Good point. I'll cancel my pre-order now.

#90 Posted by mems_1224 (48152 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@mems_1224 said:

Isn't it still ironic...

Sunset Overdrive comes out this year too.

And its not about what upgrades each individual game is getting. What they're doing with the playlists and multiplayer is really impressive. Every multiplayer map from those game is included, each game plays like the original, new audio and cutscenes for Halo 2, every level is unlocked from the start to let you make your own playlists of favorite levels, 1000 achievements for every game, all 4 games have been given a resolution bump and 60fps and more improvements to the already impressive forge mode.

TLOU got what? Slightly better resolution, a better framerate and included DLC?? And it was $50??? lol yea, totally not a cash grab.

#91 Edited by R4gn4r0k (17454 posts) -

I'm guessing half a million is from people who already bought the game on PS3

Sony milking fans

#92 Edited by Heil68 (46456 posts) -

Nice to SONY wins yet again. Makes sense seeing as they are current gen 8 leader,

#93 Posted by gregbmil (2621 posts) -

That's good news! I personally didn't like TLOU very much, but it's good to hear the ps4 and ND are doing well. Since I absolutely loved the Uncharted games, at least the first 2. Can not wait till part 4!!

#94 Posted by pyro1245 (1072 posts) -
@R4gn4r0k said:

Sony milking fans

I'd buy 2 copies if ND would make a new Jak and Daxter :(

#95 Edited by R4gn4r0k (17454 posts) -

@pyro1245 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Sony milking fans

I'd buy 2 copies if ND would make a new Jak and Daxter :(

Buy 2 copies of Jak and Daxter collection XD

hehe, that's a better way to show them there is still interest in the series.

I have two copies by the way (Vita and PS3) :P

#96 Edited by Animal-Mother (27104 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@mems_1224 said:

Isn't it still ironic...

Sunset Overdrive comes out this year too.

And its not about what upgrades each individual game is getting. What they're doing with the playlists and multiplayer is really impressive. Every multiplayer map from those game is included, each game plays like the original, new audio and cutscenes for Halo 2, every level is unlocked from the start to let you make your own playlists of favorite levels, 1000 achievements for every game, all 4 games have been given a resolution bump and 60fps and more improvements to the already impressive forge mode.

TLOU got what? Slightly better resolution, a better framerate and included DLC?? And it was $50??? lol yea, totally not a cash grab.

And oddly enough here you are buying a system with 1 remake and 3 games that are already out.... talking shit about a system that has no games....

By your logic the one has absolutely nothing if this collection sells well.

And dont be an ignorant fool, I know some games are available on other platforms.

I know youre better than this mems.

Killzone Shadow Fall ( I know),
Sniper Elite 3,
Bound by flame,
Hohokum
Ground Zeroes
HoHokum
Contrast
Flower
Sound Shapes
Need For Speed most wanted
Black Flag
Metro 2033
Metro Last Light
Flower
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty Ghosts
Infamous Second Son
Infamous First Light
Warframe
Doki-Doki Universe
Blacklight
DC Universe
Dead Nation
Fez
FF XIV ARR
The Last Of Us.
Rouge Legacy
Hotline Miami
Entwined.

#97 Posted by sukraj (23680 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

I didn't buy it, I owned it on PS3 and I got the Platinum (It took 4 playthroughs to accomplish). I don't re-buy games I already own at full price, but maybe I'll grab TLOU remastered cheap down the road since I want to try that DLC it comes with.

I can see though that the 360-PS4 converts seemed to go for this remaster, which was the plan. Good game. Top notch SP campaign and wonderful online MP.

I had it for the ps3 but I didn't even play it I traded it in.

#98 Posted by blamix99 (2539 posts) -

every time there's a thread about TLOU, a lot of people get jelly

#99 Posted by MBirdy88 (8987 posts) -

Couldn't bring myself to play past the first 2 hours, going to trade it in for Destiny and Diablo 3 I think... 2 games that actually want to be games.

#100 Posted by SoftwareGeek (537 posts) -

That's a lot weaker sells than I anticipated.