Sony confirms TLOU Remaster hit over 1 Milion units sold

  • 100 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by finalstar2007 (25276 posts) -

Congrats to Sony, ND and the PS4 Sony confirms the game has hit over 1 million units sold and its not even over a month old.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/09/01/sony-confirms-the-last-of-us-remastered-sold-over-1-million-copes-joins-knack-infamous-and-killzone/

While this has nothing to do with Sony can Activision just hurry up and make a Modern Warfare Remaster collection please?

#2 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9827 posts) -

more Money$$$ for Naughty Dog, means bigger projects, more teams

#3 Posted by lostrib (37608 posts) -

Well what else are they going to buy

#4 Posted by monstersfa (396 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Well what else are they going to buy

Exactly! Especially when you consider that PS 4 owners have no other consoles to buy games for.

#5 Posted by Blabadon (26583 posts) -

I almost bought this on a whim, but I'm not that crazy to replay a game I played last year.

#6 Edited by lawlessx (46773 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Well what else are they going to buy

exactly

#7 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4894 posts) -
@monstersfa said:

@lostrib said:

Well what else are they going to buy

Exactly! Especially when you consider that PS 4 owners have no other consoles to buy games for.

well, now an assumption's introduced there monstersfa. an assumption that ps4 owners don't own other consoles.

forgive me lostrib but i'd presume there was this implication "Well what else are they going to buy for their PS4". in which case i would agree. its why i made my comment in the day-z thread.

#8 Posted by aroxx_ab (10051 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

@lostrib said:

Well what else are they going to buy

exactly

Yeah because multiplats dont work anymore...

#9 Edited by farrell2k (6338 posts) -

Cool, so maybe Sony won't have to sell off any of their buildings anymore to avoid bankruptcy?

#10 Posted by starwolf474 (695 posts) -

Hopefully the success of this will lead to Sony releasing Uncharted and God of War Remastered collections on PS4.

#11 Posted by funsohng (28105 posts) -

Thank you fanboys, now we will have Sony investing in old games instead of making new ones!

#12 Posted by Basinboy (11230 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

Cool, so maybe Sony won't have to sell off any of their buildings anymore to avoid bankruptcy?

Or slash the price of their flagship product by 33%?

#13 Edited by farrell2k (6338 posts) -

@Basinboy said:

@farrell2k said:

Cool, so maybe Sony won't have to sell off any of their buildings anymore to avoid bankruptcy?

Or slash the price of their flagship product by 33%?

Don't remember anyone having to do that to avoid bankruptcy. I do remember Sony not making any money from gaming in about a decade and having to sell off a lot of property and a lot of their businesses to avoid bankruptcy, which is still looming on the horizon for the company.

#14 Posted by SolidTy (43752 posts) -

I didn't buy it, I owned it on PS3 and I got the Platinum (It took 4 playthroughs to accomplish). I don't re-buy games I already own at full price, but maybe I'll grab TLOU remastered cheap down the road since I want to try that DLC it comes with.

I can see though that the 360-PS4 converts seemed to go for this remaster, which was the plan. Good game. Top notch SP campaign and wonderful online MP.

#15 Posted by mems_1224 (47249 posts) -

No shit, there isn't anything else to play on PS4.

#16 Posted by Basinboy (11230 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

@Basinboy said:

@farrell2k said:

Cool, so maybe Sony won't have to sell off any of their buildings anymore to avoid bankruptcy?

Or slash the price of their flagship product by 33%?

Don't remember anyone having to do that to avoid bankruptcy. I do remember Sony not making any money from gaming in about a decade and having to sell off a lot of property and a lot of their businesses to avoid bankruptcy, which is still looming on the horizon for the company.

How are those 9m Wii U expectations coming along?

#17 Posted by PSP107 (11906 posts) -

@SolidTy said:
I can see though that the 360-PS4 converts seemed to go for this remaster, which was the plan.

I think a lot of people double dipped.

#18 Posted by parkurtommo (27223 posts) -

Milkage = confirmed

#19 Posted by cainetao11 (17707 posts) -

@PSP107 said:

@SolidTy said:
I can see though that the 360-PS4 converts seemed to go for this remaster, which was the plan.

I think a lot of people double dipped.

What? 90% of sales went to new players of the game. After all it was made for the people that haven't played it yet....lol

Some people really believe that shit. Just like MCC, these are sold again because the gaming public has proven they will buy a good game more than once if the graphics are given a shine.

#20 Edited by SolidTy (43752 posts) -

@PSP107 said:

@SolidTy said:

I didn't buy it, I owned it on PS3 and I got the Platinum (It took 4 playthroughs to accomplish). I don't re-buy games I already own at full price, but maybe I'll grab TLOU remastered cheap down the road since I want to try that DLC it comes with.

I can see though that the 360-PS4 converts seemed to go for this remaster, which was the plan. Good game. Top notch SP campaign and wonderful online MP.

I think a lot of people double dipped.

Of course some people double dipped, they always do.

That doesn't change anything I posted though.

#21 Posted by foxhound_fox (88691 posts) -

This is going to mean more HD remasters and less new IP's.

#22 Posted by PSP107 (11906 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@PSP107 said:

@SolidTy said:
I can see though that the 360-PS4 converts seemed to go for this remaster, which was the plan.

I think a lot of people double dipped.

What? 90% of sales went to new players of the game. After all it was made for the people that haven't played it yet....lol

Some people really believe that shit. Just like MCC, these are sold again because the gaming public has proven they will buy a good game more than once if the graphics are given a shine.

I doubt 90% went new players. Maybe 70%

I think a lot of people will double dip for MCC considering its older.

#23 Posted by cainetao11 (17707 posts) -

@PSP107 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@PSP107 said:

@SolidTy said:
I can see though that the 360-PS4 converts seemed to go for this remaster, which was the plan.

I think a lot of people double dipped.

What? 90% of sales went to new players of the game. After all it was made for the people that haven't played it yet....lol

Some people really believe that shit. Just like MCC, these are sold again because the gaming public has proven they will buy a good game more than once if the graphics are given a shine.

I doubt 90% went new players. Maybe 70%

I think a lot of people will double dip for MCC considering its older.

I was being sarcastic. I think more than 50 % of buyers were gamers who played the game on PS3. I know a number of my friends that either have a PS4 or are getting one soon and have played this game, say they are buying it again. I agree. The MCC is going to reap the rewards of over a decade of building a large fanbase. They will buy these games again. That's my point. Sony, MS, Nintendo all know that if its a little clearer or has a bump in FPS, gamers will buy it again.

#24 Posted by farrell2k (6338 posts) -

@Basinboy said:

@farrell2k said:

@Basinboy said:

@farrell2k said:

Cool, so maybe Sony won't have to sell off any of their buildings anymore to avoid bankruptcy?

Or slash the price of their flagship product by 33%?

Don't remember anyone having to do that to avoid bankruptcy. I do remember Sony not making any money from gaming in about a decade and having to sell off a lot of property and a lot of their businesses to avoid bankruptcy, which is still looming on the horizon for the company.

How are those 9m Wii U expectations coming along?

Well enough to keep Nintendo from the brink of bankruptcy, unlike Sony.

#25 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10597 posts) -

Console generation 8, the generation of remakes and remasters....cause why would you spend the time and money on a new IP or a new title when you can just remake a game from X number of years ago and sell hundred of thousands if not millions of copies?

#26 Posted by KBFloYd (13806 posts) -

1million thats it? titanfall ftw

#27 Posted by lazerface216 (7517 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

No shit, there isn't anything else to play on PS4.

there isn't anything else to play on anything console wise, cept' for the wii u...and nobody wants that. :p

#28 Edited by Basinboy (11230 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

@Basinboy said:

@farrell2k said:

@Basinboy said:

@farrell2k said:

Cool, so maybe Sony won't have to sell off any of their buildings anymore to avoid bankruptcy?

Or slash the price of their flagship product by 33%?

Don't remember anyone having to do that to avoid bankruptcy. I do remember Sony not making any money from gaming in about a decade and having to sell off a lot of property and a lot of their businesses to avoid bankruptcy, which is still looming on the horizon for the company.

How are those 9m Wii U expectations coming along?

Well enough to keep Nintendo from the brink of bankruptcy, unlike Sony.

A failing product line = preventing bankruptcy? You should run Sony - you'd fit right in.

#29 Posted by clyde46 (46580 posts) -

@Basinboy said:

@farrell2k said:

@Basinboy said:

@farrell2k said:

@Basinboy said:

@farrell2k said:

Cool, so maybe Sony won't have to sell off any of their buildings anymore to avoid bankruptcy?

Or slash the price of their flagship product by 33%?

Don't remember anyone having to do that to avoid bankruptcy. I do remember Sony not making any money from gaming in about a decade and having to sell off a lot of property and a lot of their businesses to avoid bankruptcy, which is still looming on the horizon for the company.

How are those 9m Wii U expectations coming along?

Well enough to keep Nintendo from the brink of bankruptcy, unlike Sony.

A failing product line = preventing bankruptcy? You should run Sony - you'd fit right in.

Zing!

#30 Posted by Sollet (7395 posts) -

@Basinboy said:

@farrell2k said:

@Basinboy said:

@farrell2k said:

@Basinboy said:

@farrell2k said:

Cool, so maybe Sony won't have to sell off any of their buildings anymore to avoid bankruptcy?

Or slash the price of their flagship product by 33%?

Don't remember anyone having to do that to avoid bankruptcy. I do remember Sony not making any money from gaming in about a decade and having to sell off a lot of property and a lot of their businesses to avoid bankruptcy, which is still looming on the horizon for the company.

How are those 9m Wii U expectations coming along?

Well enough to keep Nintendo from the brink of bankruptcy, unlike Sony.

A failing product line = preventing bankruptcy? You should run Sony - you'd fit right in.

Fatality!

#31 Posted by Netret0120 (2198 posts) -

I find it hilarious when people say there are no games to play on the PS4 when they don't realise that people who visit gaming forums are a very small percentage of gamers.

Many PS4 owners buy multiplats like NBA,COD and Watch dogs for it. They don't care that you can have better graphics on PC. That stuff doesn't matter to them.

This whole "no games" needs to stop because it's not true. Perhaps say "Where are the exclusives" but there are certainly games.

#32 Posted by farrell2k (6338 posts) -

@Basinboy said:

@farrell2k said:

@Basinboy said:

@farrell2k said:

@Basinboy said:

@farrell2k said:

Cool, so maybe Sony won't have to sell off any of their buildings anymore to avoid bankruptcy?

Or slash the price of their flagship product by 33%?

Don't remember anyone having to do that to avoid bankruptcy. I do remember Sony not making any money from gaming in about a decade and having to sell off a lot of property and a lot of their businesses to avoid bankruptcy, which is still looming on the horizon for the company.

How are those 9m Wii U expectations coming along?

Well enough to keep Nintendo from the brink of bankruptcy, unlike Sony.

A failing product line = preventing bankruptcy? You should run Sony - you'd fit right in.

Don't know what product line you're talking about. The Wii family of products is so far successful.

#33 Edited by nini200 (9824 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Well what else are they going to buy

100% Truth

Unfortunately this tells developers that they can make loads of profit off remakes now so expect a lot more remakes now on PS4.

#35 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8144 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

Congrats to Sony, ND and the PS4 Sony confirms the game has hit over 1 million units sold and its not even over a month old.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/09/01/sony-confirms-the-last-of-us-remastered-sold-over-1-million-copes-joins-knack-infamous-and-killzone/

While this has nothing to do with Sony can Activision just hurry up and make a Modern Warfare Remaster collection please?

Enough with the remakes and collections please.

#36 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5065 posts) -

this is going to cause A LOT of butthurt. the game of the generation has now sold around 9-10m which is amazing for a new ip. hopefully a sequel is in order

@CrownKingArthur said:
@monstersfa said:

@lostrib said:

Well what else are they going to buy

Exactly! Especially when you consider that PS 4 owners have no other consoles to buy games for.

well, now an assumption's introduced there monstersfa. an assumption that ps4 owners don't own other consoles.

forgive me lostrib but i'd presume there was this implication "Well what else are they going to buy for their PS4". in which case i would agree. its why i made my comment in the day-z thread.

#owned

#37 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2736 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Well what else are they going to buy

#38 Posted by handssss (1837 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

Console generation 8, the generation of remakes and remasters....cause why would you spend the time and money on a new IP or a new title when you can just remake a game from X number of years ago and sell hundred of thousands if not millions of copies?

making a game takes time and instead of droughts, devs are giving us this. does anyone still not understand that? we aren't even 1 year into the ps4/xbone's lifespan

#39 Posted by Dire_Weasel (16000 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

No shit, there isn't anything else to play on PS4.

Came into this thread looking for salt and bitter tears, and yeah, they're here.

#40 Edited by KBFloYd (13806 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

this is going to cause A LOT of butthurt. the game of the generation has now sold around 9-10m which is amazing for a new ip. hopefully a sequel is in order

#owned

it sold 6million on ps3 and 1 million on ps4

nowhere near 9 to 10million.

sony.make believe.

#41 Edited by Shewgenja (9617 posts) -

I'm sure if MS had bothered to make a first party 360 game in 2013, they'd be doing the same thing.

#42 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (2836 posts) -

All of these have been confirmed:

Knack 2: The kanckning

Killzone 5: More fail

Infamous Thrid cousin twice removed

Beyond 2 souls HD remastoh. I mean, Heavy Rain HD Remaster

But seriously, congrats to the devs on the sucess.

#43 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (17761 posts) -

Finally beat this on PS3.

It was good. Not the masterpiece some say...I mean really...the story telling is elementary at best. Gamers really need to read more books and watch better movies.

I preferred Bioshock Infinite. A far more original world with a less predictable story.

#44 Edited by Bread_or_Decide (17761 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

Console generation 8, the generation of remakes and remasters....cause why would you spend the time and money on a new IP or a new title when you can just remake a game from X number of years ago and sell hundred of thousands if not millions of copies?

Ummm Gen8 JUST began....you're judging an entire gen on the worst year..its first. ....good lord man.

#45 Posted by silversix_ (14790 posts) -

At least one million left the sinking ship known as xbone

#46 Posted by MBirdy88 (8317 posts) -

@Netret0120 said:

I find it hilarious when people say there are no games to play on the PS4 when they don't realise that people who visit gaming forums are a very small percentage of gamers.

Many PS4 owners buy multiplats like NBA,COD and Watch dogs for it. They don't care that you can have better graphics on PC. That stuff doesn't matter to them.

This whole "no games" needs to stop because it's not true. Perhaps say "Where are the exclusives" but there are certainly games.

Erm... the only hilarious part here is you not realising we all know that. and your last sentence is exactly what we mean by "no games" ... this is system wars. we apply it to our demographic... not "the outside world" which lacks any relevence because everyone is so different.

IF you only have 1 system then yes its not so bad. but what about those of us with PCs? the PS4 is a joke currently, as is the X1... and well... having both of them is just borderline stupid atm.

#47 Posted by speedfog (3224 posts) -

Cool for those people who bought it for the first tme, others? Hope you like the multiplayer...

#48 Posted by jsmoke03 (12923 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

Congrats to Sony, ND and the PS4 Sony confirms the game has hit over 1 million units sold and its not even over a month old.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/09/01/sony-confirms-the-last-of-us-remastered-sold-over-1-million-copes-joins-knack-infamous-and-killzone/

While this has nothing to do with Sony can Activision just hurry up and make a Modern Warfare Remaster collection please?

would definitely love that....i get to play cod4 mp without the stupid hackers

#49 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (5065 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

this is going to cause A LOT of butthurt. the game of the generation has now sold around 9-10m which is amazing for a new ip. hopefully a sequel is in order

#owned

it sold 6million on ps3 and 1 million on ps4

nowhere near 9 to 10million.

sony.make believe.

lol tlou sold 7m+ on ps3 and it sold 1.5m in the first 24 hours on ps4 at RETAIL, including digital it is probably over 2m

any links to back up what u are saying? ur ass is not a credible source so i wont accept it

#50 Edited by Pikminmaniac (9047 posts) -

*looks at how many PS4s were sold then looks at how few games there are to play on it*

makes sense