Sony Chinajoy conference: Lots of localization

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

The source is in Chinese so lay off me mods article

Yesterday at Chinajoy Sony had their conference they have announced over 101 video game companies have agreed to bring their games over to China.

New global games, including Journey, Sword Art Online: Lost Song, Transformer: Devastation, Saint Seiya: Soldiers' Souls , Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China, Warframe, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Evolution, Ys, Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends, Castle Storm, F1 2015, Tearaway Unfolded, Might Night No.9, MotoGP 15, Project Cars, Evolution, Ratchet & Clank, Ride, Toukiden Kiwami, Child of Light, Just Dance 2015, Urban Trial Freestyle, SteamWorld Dig and several more are going to be released during later 2015 and 2016.

New games from local developers are Chinese Paladin 6, King of Wushu,Knights of Valour, and 10 more games without English names called 幻境战国,战国破坏神,兵器传,快斩狂刀,战国破坏神,侠客风云传,海战世界,新苍穹之剑,etc.

Specially, Journey, which is created by thatgamecompany and leaded by Chinese creative director Jenova Chen, is going to launch in China on 18th of August for 129RMB.

Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studio CEO Shuhei then introduced the new PlayStation VR headset Project Morpheus first time in China mainland.

Over 70 PlayStation games are coming to China mainland, and 57 PS4 and PS Vita games will be available to play in Chinajoy, announced by Soeda from Sony Computer Entertainment Shanghai. It's also the first time of SCE to show Project Morpheus in China mainland, with Summer Lessons(2015 Summer version), SEGA feat. Hatsune Miku VR Tech Demo,The Deep,The Playroom VR.

Firefall is coming to PlayStation 4. It's a F2P MMO shooter made by Red 5 Studios, which is owned by China company The9. Chris Whiteside, executive producer and design director,introduced the game on the stage.

The first episode is called "A Brand New World", which is for the starter with 11 story missions, 4 epic quests, 2 operations in the open world and dynamic events. 3 more episodes is for level 31 to 41m41 to 45, 46 to 50. More information would be revealed in following months.

3 on 3 Freestyle, a freestyle basketball MMO game made by Joycity from Korea, will be launched globally on PS4 in 2016. A new trailer in the conference has been revealed in the conference, and introduced by Soeda from Sony Computer Entertainment Shanghai.

Capcom Street Fighter V excutive producer Ono said, Shanghai is so hot and there are 500 thousands Chinese players has registered for the beta. He mentioned that Street Fighter IV has launched for 7 years, and Street Fighter 30th anniversary is up coming. Moreover, he also confirmed that Chinese simplified edition of Street Fighter V is in preparing for China. Soeda from Sony Computer Entertainment Shanghai also announced that Capcom Pro Tour Asia Shanghai qualifier and finale for Ultra Street Fighter IV is coming to Chinajoy on 1st of August, with Street Fighter V and Ultra Street Fighter IV playable in Chinajoy on PlayStation booth.

Yoshida, the producer of Final Fantasy XIV from Square Enix, announced that Final Fantasy XIV will come to PlayStation 4 in China. With China company Shanda, the latest episode of the game "Heavensword" is marked for 2016. PS4 and PC share the same servers in China, which means PS4 players in China can play with PC players in China. Zhu, COO from Shanda, showed up later.

Kingdom Under Fire II is coming to PlayStation 4 in China announced by Blueside CEO Kim,with a slogan wrote "Perfect Game with PlayStation".

About 25 new indie games from China showed in the montage video. The whole list will be updated later. Because the titles are not showed.

Cooperated with local kickstarter website,Sony Computer Entertainment will launch another round of indie game competition. Selected high quality indie games from China will get supported from Sony Computer Entertainment on developing and publishing their games on PS4 and PS Vita. The competition starts from August 1st.

Meanwhile at Microsoft's conference

We have Halo Please buy it!

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 NoodleFighter

Could PS4 have a chance at getting anywhere near the PC and Mobile throne of China?

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

Here comes Nintendo China. I hope yall ready for 3DS and Wii U, they will go great with yalls PCs.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

Could PS4 have a chance at getting anywhere near the PC and Mobile throne of China?

It will make a bigger dent them the Xbone , that's for sure.

But i don't think it will have an impact for the next 10 or 20 years.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

So Microsoft are trying to push a shitty Halo remsater in a territory that has never had a Halo game, muppets.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Will be bigger than Xbox One for sure. Don't think it'll come close to PC...

EDIT:

I'm not sure what M$ plans are TBH. Their exclusivity deals are half assed. They can't even prevent devs from announcing the game for other platforms until it's out on Xbox One and moved some units.

SonySoldier-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SonySoldier-_-
Member since 2012 • 1186 Posts

Looks like Sony is going to dominate in sales in China as well.

Poor Lems can't catch a break. China was supposed to be their savior.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@ten_pints said:

So Microsoft are trying to push a shitty Halo remsater in a territory that has never had a Halo game, muppets.

Lol this.

Lemmings: "BU..bu..bu..China will surely save the Xbone!!!"

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I remember when lems here were banking on Xbone completely cleaning house in China due to how much the Chinese hate the Japanese thanks to ww2.

That was some funny shit.

Meanwhile the chinese have been playing Japanese VN's on pc forever, someone never told them about that, lol.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

I lol at the MS conference.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@ni6htmare01 said:

I lol at the MS conference.

This,

just LOL at Spencer standing there awkwardly in front of Master Chief.

Chinese probably be like: "...what's a halo?"

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I remember when lems here were banking on Xbone completely cleaning house in China due to how much the Chinese hate the Japanese thanks to ww2.

That was some funny shit.

Meanwhile the chinese have been playing Japanese VN's on pc forever, someone never told them about that, lol.

Comments about a 5mill jump and beating the PS4 by the end of this year , or when Halo 5 comes out.

I swear , last gen i sat and saw the 360 taking over , but the PS3 came back.

Not seeing this happening again for the Xbone.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ten_Pints

Wonder if the Chinese will ever allow Fallout...

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

I guess China won't be saving the Xbone lol

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Safe bet China is not going to save the Xbone. That would be some mega shit if the PS4 starts to take off, though lol

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By NoodleFighter

@Ant_17 said:
@NoodleFighter said:

It will make a bigger dent them the Xbone , that's for sure.

But i don't think it will have an impact for the next 10 or 20 years.

@Shewgenja said:

Safe bet China is not going to save the Xbone. That would be some mega shit if the PS4 starts to take off, though lol

Sony better hope most of the games they localized that PC versions aren't otherwise they basically lit themselves on fire with magnesium and grease.

This also makes me wonder how Sony will stand their ground once Steam officially operates in China and Chinese brand Steam machines come out and get games that Chinese gamers care about.

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

Man I hope 幻境战国,战国破坏神,兵器传,快斩狂刀,战国破坏神,侠客风云传,海战世界, and 新苍穹之剑 get a NA release.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Over 70 PlayStation games are coming...

More world class gaming on the way guys.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Well China has a huge potential, definitely a market companies such as Sony & MS need to look into !!

Seems like Sony did their homework and will work hard to push their systems over there.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#20 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

It's only a matter of time before some local Chinese companies start cloning the PS4 & X1... I wonder what they'd call them this time? GameStation4 & Xbone? Or CowStation & LemBox?

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ten_Pints

@Jag85 said:

It's only a matter of time before some local Chinese companies start cloning the PS4 & X1... I wonder what they'd call them this time? GameStation4 & Xbone? Or CowStation & LemBox?

SlayStation4 and Xbork One

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

I call BS, there is no way sony had that epic presentation...and MS just had...Halo..

Are they serious?

Edit: They're very serious.. Que "Halo Night"

First stage is from 343 Studios "halo" director Frank O'Connor, he was to share the overall review of the halo series, cumulative sales with aura IP brings derivative products, and said the series in the world has more than 5900 million units sold (but recent news that the figure has reached 65 million), consumers have consume over 4 billion, is one of the most successful series of games.

July 29, Microsoft and hundreds together in Shanghai Hongkou three to Sheraton Hotel held a press conference campaign called "Halo Night", the site invited to the "Halo" director Frank O'Connor, XBOX, head Phil Spencer, Xbox Xieen Wei, general manager of China, and fans meet and share the latest developments related to the aura, the site also disclosed National Bank Edition "Halo Master Chief Collection" release date and price: August 13, 2015, priced at 249 yuan . This will be in the pre-order at Microsoft Store tomorrow (July 30) 0:00, please BNM host players must not miss.

The following A9VG correspondent from The "Halo Night" back to the scene of a detailed report.

in the final phase of this "Halo Night" conference, Microsoft invited a career aura player Dave Walshy in a live demonstration of this as, finally, for the achievement of a high number of points to reach 140,000 signatures play presented a version of the host, by Phil Spencer gift for him personally

The lack of blockbuster films of BNM Xbox One, the "Halo Master Chief Collection" sale is undoubtedly a tonic, I hope more and better works also hosts the National Bank board as soon as possible

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

@Heil68 said:

That's how Sony starts the killing spree to the inferior competition.