Sony charging for online play next gen would be the biggest case of ownage ever

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by Wickerman777 (1200 posts) -

It's coming. MS makes a ton of money charging for it and Sony has to have noticed and will want a piece of the pie as well.

#152 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8652 posts) -

I'm sure they will given how much it costs to run PSN.

#153 Posted by ShadowriverUB (5515 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

Sony would never force us to pay to pay to use Netflix and  online gaming. Sony are not scum like M$.  :cool:

Wickerman777

They very well may not put Netflix behind a pay firewall (I've always felt it's nuts that MS does that) but I will be shocked if multiplayer remains free on PS4. MS has already proven that gamers will pay for online play if they're told they have to and I don't think Sony's investors are gonna allow them to deny them that huge source of cash yet again.

So people buy PS3 insted of 360 because free multiplayer and there people who willing to buy PSN Plus
#154 Posted by Wickerman777 (1200 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wickerman777"]

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

Sony would never force us to pay to pay to use Netflix and  online gaming. Sony are not scum like M$.  :cool:

ShadowriverUB

They very well may not put Netflix behind a pay firewall (I've always felt it's nuts that MS does that) but I will be shocked if multiplayer remains free on PS4. MS has already proven that gamers will pay for online play if they're told they have to and I don't think Sony's investors are gonna allow them to deny them that huge source of cash yet again.

So people buy PS3 insted of 360 because free multiplayer and there people who willing to buy PSN Plus

Whatever. You guys are in denial. Get ready for it cuz it's coming.

#155 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

Gue1

few months ago MS unlocked netlifx from gold for a weekend and promoted it . I giggle every time i think about it 

#156 Posted by Wickerman777 (1200 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wickerman777"]

[QUOTE="ShadowriverUB"] So people buy PS3 insted of 360 because free multiplayer and there people who willing to buy PSN PlusShadowriverUB

Whatever. You guys are in denial. Get ready for it cuz it's coming.

Denial of what? Payed PS4 multiplayer for now it's just lems wet dream, they want cows to suffer as they do

Lol, I don't want that at all. If I could have things my way it would be free on all platforms. But with Sony bleeding money the way they are it makes business sense for them to do it. As I said before if it doesn't happen I'll be shocked.

#157 Posted by King_Dodongo (3286 posts) -
The "Wiiu leading in sales" one is not that hard to believe actually. The meltdown would be more than epic though. So I hope that happens.
#158 Posted by TheEroica (13531 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="casharmy"]You guys are really stupid aren't you?  It's like you guys make up your own reality...have you read none of the post in this thread?  Other similar threads?  

Sony fans aren't going to be happy if sony does it and most aren't going to be defending it.  If it's bad it's bad...it's not a fanboy thing dumbass it's a gamer thing.  You really only think people bashed MS doing that because they were all sony fanboys?   super stupid then why do Hermits and sheep and every other gaming group bash them as well? phh 

DISSESHOWEDO

You may be logical gamer who sticks to your principals cash, but lets not be silly... You know cows will back peddle and deflect and there will be a sea of lems spoonfeeding cows ownage because of it. Fable the journey thread part 2...

And i was thinkin you are a reasonable poster, guess i was wrong ! Deflect, back peddle, where to, M$ ?!? Cuzz one thing i'm sure for the nextbox and is multiplayer again will be paid !

Haha well I thank you for thinking that... I assure you I am a reasonable poster. I'm not commenting on the actual industry itself, I'm commenting on the ebb and flow of system wars.... Lems shiit on cows for years about no games and now cows do it back in retaliation. Is it true? Nope... Xbox has a bigger library factually. Now the shoe could be on the other foot in terms of online fees and if so cows will get a healthy serving of it back even though factually things will be equal. Its just the way the system wars animal communicates.
#159 Posted by Wickerman777 (1200 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wickerman777"]

[QUOTE="ShadowriverUB"] Denial of what? Payed PS4 multiplayer for now it's just lems wet dream, they want cows to suffer as they doShadowriverUB

Lol, I don't want that at all. If I could have things my way it would be free on all platforms. But with Sony bleeding money the way they are it makes business sense for them to do it. As I said before if it doesn't happen I'll be shocked.

Oh noes, charging multiplayer is only way to make profits now days, i wonder how steam and other free multiplayer services actully manage to survive, i mean only Live doing that.... Oh noes, game servers that we don't own cost so much that we need to charge, look on MS it cost so much that they charge even for not there services Oh noes, we running so many websites that have ton of visits and forums, yet we have no server power to host simple APIs for ladderboard and achivments, it's so teriffing ...... :lol:

Like I said, whatever. It's coming. If it doesn't happen expect Sony higher-ups to get dragged out of their offices and publically executed by their stockholders.

#160 Posted by Wickerman777 (1200 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

k2theswiss

few months ago MS unlocked netlifx from gold for a weekend and promoted it . I giggle every time i think about it 

Yeah, it is comical. I've long pointed to Xbox Live as the best example of capitalism in its most greedy form that exists today. EVERYTHING costs money there. No matter how insignificant or silly it is there's a price tag on it. They even charge money for thumbnails for God's sake. I don't know who the people are that are paying for that stuff but they trip me out.

#161 Posted by andmcq (259 posts) -

They will charge for a premium online model. They'd be fools not to.

#162 Posted by DISSESHOWEDO (1775 posts) -

The way i see it, there will be two options:

-regular (free online, access to the store and demos)

-premium (all the above, all the extras that come with plus and something to do with Gaikai)

That's my predicition, what's left is to wait for E3, when much more will be revealed !

#163 Posted by SuddenlySudden (666 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="SuddenlySudden"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] You may be logical gamer who sticks to your principals cash, but lets not be silly... You know cows will back peddle and deflect and there will be a sea of lems spoonfeeding cows ownage because of it. Fable the journey thread part 2...

what will this ownage be based on? You're being charged right now. "haha you're being charged too!" that's you're ownage? Someone falls into the same fishbowl as you and that's you're ownage? YOU'RE STILL IN THE FISHBOWL IDIOT!

My fishbowl never cried about live fees.... Your fishbowl did. Dont get me wrong. I'd like free for all, but in system wars when u talk enormous amounts of shiit, you gotta be ready for when it splatters back in your face.

wow are you kidding me. COW NO TALK SHIT ABOUT FEES COW TALK SHIT ABOUT YOU NOT GETTING SHIT DESPITE FEES COW KNOW IF THERE'S FEES NEXT GEN IT ONLY MEANS WE'RE GETTING SOMETHING BETTER THAN WHAT WE HAVE RIGHT NOW, EVEN THOUGH WHAT WE HAVE RIGHT NOW IS JUST AS GOOD AS WHAT YOU HAVE RIGHT NOW EXCEPT YOU HAVE TO VIEW ADS AND YOU HAVE TO PAY AND YOU NO HAVE ACCESS TO BROWSER WITHOUT PAYING LOL simplest way I can put it
#164 Posted by Wickerman777 (1200 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="SuddenlySudden"] what will this ownage be based on? You're being charged right now. "haha you're being charged too!" that's you're ownage? Someone falls into the same fishbowl as you and that's you're ownage? YOU'RE STILL IN THE FISHBOWL IDIOT!SuddenlySudden
My fishbowl never cried about live fees.... Your fishbowl did. Dont get me wrong. I'd like free for all, but in system wars when u talk enormous amounts of shiit, you gotta be ready for when it splatters back in your face.

wow are you kidding me. COW NO TALK SHIT ABOUT FEES COW TALK SHIT ABOUT YOU NOT GETTING SHIT DESPITE FEES COW KNOW IF THERE'S FEES NEXT GEN IT ONLY MEANS WE'RE GETTING SOMETHING BETTER THAN WHAT WE HAVE RIGHT NOW, EVEN THOUGH WHAT WE HAVE RIGHT NOW IS JUST AS GOOD AS WHAT YOU HAVE RIGHT NOW EXCEPT YOU HAVE TO VIEW ADS AND YOU HAVE TO PAY AND YOU NO HAVE ACCESS TO BROWSER WITHOUT PAYING LOL simplest way I can put it

Nah, omitting the caps would have been simpler.

#165 Posted by Miketheman83 (3156 posts) -
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]Wow cows are having a breakdown in this thread. When Sony announces multiplayer will be behind a pay wall they are going to commit suicide.Nengo_Flow
just like you commited suicide when you paid for LIVE, oh wait no you didnt and neither will cows.... hmmm

No because I felt XBL was a much better option then PSN.
#166 Posted by SuddenlySudden (666 posts) -

wait, isn't the fact that you're actually hoping and wanting us to fall into the same crap as you already ownage on your part? Isn't that sad that that's how low you lems have come? I mean it seems like you're already pwning yourselves if you ask me. 

#167 Posted by DISSESHOWEDO (1775 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"]Wow cows are having a breakdown in this thread. When Sony announces multiplayer will be behind a pay wall they are going to commit suicide.Miketheman83
just like you commited suicide when you paid for LIVE, oh wait no you didnt and neither will cows.... hmmm

Option, what option are you talking about delusional lem ?!? If you want to play multi you pay, there is no other option you silly !:lol:

#168 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4167 posts) -
Lems are praying that the next PSN will cost money. Because if multiplayer continues to remain free like it is on every other platform except for the Xbox, its going to be hard to justify that fee and continue to have a straight face.
#169 Posted by Wickerman777 (1200 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"]Wow cows are having a breakdown in this thread. When Sony announces multiplayer will be behind a pay wall they are going to commit suicide.Miketheman83

Yeah, Sony fans like to ignore that part. For a while XBL was so much better than PSN that the cost seemed justifiable. There was a pretty considerable gap between the quality of them for years. Sony has been catching up though and it's reaching the point now where I feel charging for online multiplayer is bound to happen.

#170 Posted by SuddenlySudden (666 posts) -

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"] just like you commited suicide when you paid for LIVE, oh wait no you didnt and neither will cows.... hmmmWickerman777

Yeah, Sony fans like to ignore that part. For a while XBL was so much better than PSN that the cost seemed justifiable. There was a pretty considerable gap between the quality of them for years. Sony has been catching up though and it's reaching the point now where I feel charging for online multiplayer is bound to happen.

a service that's had freaking years to establish itself is better than something thar just started??? holy fawking shit, Thomas. And wasnt MS charging for XBL with the original xbox?
#171 Posted by TheEroica (13531 posts) -
[QUOTE="SuddenlySudden"][QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="SuddenlySudden"] what will this ownage be based on? You're being charged right now. "haha you're being charged too!" that's you're ownage? Someone falls into the same fishbowl as you and that's you're ownage? YOU'RE STILL IN THE FISHBOWL IDIOT!

:lol: oh you're gonna be a fun one around E3
#172 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4167 posts) -

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"] just like you commited suicide when you paid for LIVE, oh wait no you didnt and neither will cows.... hmmmWickerman777

Yet there are many incentives for them to keep it free instead. Its also better for the gamer on more ways than one.
#173 Posted by SuddenlySudden (666 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="SuddenlySudden"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] My fishbowl never cried about live fees.... Your fishbowl did. Dont get me wrong. I'd like free for all, but in system wars when u talk enormous amounts of shiit, you gotta be ready for when it splatters back in your face.

oh you mean when MS announces HALOGEARSFORZAFABLE 30 and when Nintendo announces Zelda, Mario, Luigi, and Pokemon five million. Yeah cant' wait. PS4 and PC are the only things worth looking forward to at e3
#174 Posted by mariokart64fan (19495 posts) -

if all this happens ,   nintendo will pick up steam ,   and i think if it doesnt nintendo still has a chance ,  people have under estimated nintendo before  so 

lets say this were to happen 

wiiu gets rock n roll racing top gear and a sequal to zombies ate my nieghbors  ,    and all nintendos ips plus the yrly call of duty ,   007  and other 3rd party collabs ,,   nintendo will be rocking the joint 

#175 Posted by Wickerman777 (1200 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wickerman777"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] No because I felt XBL was a much better option then PSN.SuddenlySudden

a service that's had freaking years to establish itself is better than something thar just started??? holy fawking shit, Thomas. And wasnt MS charging for XBL with the original xbox?

I don't even know what you're talking about. It's not like having an online component for Playstation just started yesterday.

#176 Posted by Miketheman83 (3156 posts) -

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"] just like you commited suicide when you paid for LIVE, oh wait no you didnt and neither will cows.... hmmmDISSESHOWEDO

Option, what option are you talking about delusional lem ?!? If you want to play multi you pay, there is no other option you silly !:lol:

If I didnt think XBL was worth the money I would buy a PS3. Pretty simple concept.
#177 Posted by SuddenlySudden (666 posts) -
[QUOTE="DISSESHOWEDO"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] No because I felt XBL was a much better option then PSN.Miketheman83

If I didnt think XBL was worth the money I would buy a PS3. Pretty simple concept.

If I didn't thing PSN was worth the not needing to be online to use youtube and netflix and enjoy my freaking online for free I would buy an xbox
#178 Posted by Bruce_Benzing (1742 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="SuddenlySudden"] wow are you kidding me. COW NO TALK SHIT ABOUT FEES COW TALK SHIT ABOUT YOU NOT GETTING SHIT DESPITE FEES COW KNOW IF THERE'S FEES NEXT GEN IT ONLY MEANS WE'RE GETTING SOMETHING BETTER THAN WHAT WE HAVE RIGHT NOW, EVEN THOUGH WHAT WE HAVE RIGHT NOW IS JUST AS GOOD AS WHAT YOU HAVE RIGHT NOW EXCEPT YOU HAVE TO VIEW ADS AND YOU HAVE TO PAY AND YOU NO HAVE ACCESS TO BROWSER WITHOUT PAYING LOL simplest way I can put itSuddenlySudden

oh you mean when MS announces HALOGEARSFORZAFABLE 30 and when Nintendo announces Zelda, Mario, Luigi, and Pokemon five million. Yeah cant' wait. PS4 and PC are the only things worth looking forward to at e3

Yeah you get GenericFPSZone #4, Son of Infamous, Generic Forza wnnabe and Cookie Cutter Platform game to look forward to, All rehashed and repolished to make blind Cows think it's all original...

#179 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4167 posts) -
[QUOTE="DISSESHOWEDO"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] No because I felt XBL was a much better option then PSN.Miketheman83

The service differences have nothing to do with the price though.
#180 Posted by RR360DD (11949 posts) -

if all this happens ,   nintendo will pick up steam ,   and i think if it doesnt nintendo still has a chance ,  people have under estimated nintendo before  so 

lets say this were to happen 

wiiu gets rock n roll racing top gear and a sequal to zombies ate my nieghbors  ,    and all nintendos ips plus the yrly call of duty ,   007  and other 3rd party collabs ,,   nintendo will be rocking the joint 

mariokart64fan
LOL your posts always make me laugh.
#181 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4167 posts) -

[QUOTE="SuddenlySudden"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] :lol: oh you're gonna be a fun one around E3Bruce_Benzing

Yeah you get GenericFPSZone #4, Son of Infamous, Generic Forza wnnabe and Cookie Cutter Platform game to look forward to, All rehashed and repolished to make blind Cows think it's all original...

Actually Forza is a PGR wanna be with newbie features to make kids think they are good at video games.
#182 Posted by SuddenlySudden (666 posts) -

[QUOTE="SuddenlySudden"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] :lol: oh you're gonna be a fun one around E3Bruce_Benzing

LOL how stupid and full of shit and butthurt and delusional do you sound? The chances of SONY having new IP announcements when compared to MS on ration of 1-10. Sony 7, MS 3
#183 Posted by SuddenlySudden (666 posts) -
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="DISSESHOWEDO"]

Murderstyle75

The service differences have nothing to do with the price though.

right QUICK QUESTION LEMMINGS WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU GUYS PAYING FOR?
#184 Posted by DISSESHOWEDO (1775 posts) -

When someone is talking out of his a$$, you know it by the smell ! 

#185 Posted by RR360DD (11949 posts) -
[QUOTE="Bruce_Benzing"]

[QUOTE="SuddenlySudden"] oh you mean when MS announces HALOGEARSFORZAFABLE 30 and when Nintendo announces Zelda, Mario, Luigi, and Pokemon five million. Yeah cant' wait. PS4 and PC are the only things worth looking forward to at e3Murderstyle75

Actually Forza is a PGR wanna be with newbie features to make kids think they are good at video games.

You're a dirty cow. I can't believe I was close to thinking otherwise :lol:
#186 Posted by SuddenlySudden (666 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bruce_Benzing"]

[QUOTE="SuddenlySudden"] oh you mean when MS announces HALOGEARSFORZAFABLE 30 and when Nintendo announces Zelda, Mario, Luigi, and Pokemon five million. Yeah cant' wait. PS4 and PC are the only things worth looking forward to at e3DISSESHOWEDO

damage control is out of control
#187 Posted by Bruce_Benzing (1742 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bruce_Benzing"]

[QUOTE="SuddenlySudden"] oh you mean when MS announces HALOGEARSFORZAFABLE 30 and when Nintendo announces Zelda, Mario, Luigi, and Pokemon five million. Yeah cant' wait. PS4 and PC are the only things worth looking forward to at e3DISSESHOWEDO

Since you have your head up Kaz's, I guess you would know....

#188 Posted by DISSESHOWEDO (1775 posts) -

[QUOTE="DISSESHOWEDO"]

[QUOTE="Bruce_Benzing"] Yeah you get GenericFPSZone #4, Son of Infamous, Generic Forza wnnabe and Cookie Cutter Platform game to look forward to, All rehashed and repolished to make blind Cows think it's all original...

Bruce_Benzing

Since you have your head up Kaz's, I guess you would know....

Nope just reading your ussual BS !

#189 Posted by SuddenlySudden (666 posts) -
[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="Bruce_Benzing"] Yeah you get GenericFPSZone #4, Son of Infamous, Generic Forza wnnabe and Cookie Cutter Platform game to look forward to, All rehashed and repolished to make blind Cows think it's all original...RR360DD

lol you're a delusional lem pay for online no games no advantage over free PSN free PSN actually has an advantage pay to use netflix that you already paid for? wait, wtf is wrong with you people??? are you fvcking serious? And then you're online trying to justify yourselves over cows? Have you seen the sales charts? Ps3 is like a million units behing the 360 despite a whole year freaking headstart. wtf are you guys paying for???? I want to know. seriously stfu lemmings
#190 Posted by SuddenlySudden (666 posts) -
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] If I didnt think XBL was worth the money I would buy a PS3. Pretty simple concept.

Microsoft doesnt force anybody to pay for multiplayer. They offer a service and people decide with their wallets that it is worth the money. Not sure why cows cant understand this. The service differences have nothing to do with the price though.

so then what exactly are you paying for?
#191 Posted by RR360DD (11949 posts) -

The only reason i never liked X360 was the fact that i need to pay extra for play online. That was the most greedy and ridiculous thing i ever saw on any console.

And ofc thats one of the main reasons why i want to jump in PS4 and not X720. If Sony charge extra for online in the end ... Ill end up a PC gamer. Period

Oh , and about biggest case of ownage ... If Sony ever charges for online is FAR from ownage when MS doing this 8 years now.

AzatiS

Uh no.

Cows have used the online fee thing against lems for years now. Majority the time its nothing to do with the principle of having to pay for online play, but just a means to laugh in lems' faces. So yeah, Sony subjecting cows to the exact same thing would be mega ownage.

#192 Posted by RR360DD (11949 posts) -
[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="RR360DD"][QUOTE="Murderstyle75"] Actually Forza is a PGR wanna be with newbie features to make kids think they are good at video games.

PGR has been an exclusive Xbox game for years before Microsoft let Activision swallow up bizarre creations. Geometry Wars was pretty fu*kin awesome too. There are rumors that the series will be revived though on the 720. The question is, will it come back with all its glory?

How did Microsoft let that happen? Bizzarre were independent, they chose to be bought, and they agreed to Activision. Its their own fault they died.
#193 Posted by SuddenlySudden (666 posts) -

[QUOTE="AzatiS"]

The only reason i never liked X360 was the fact that i need to pay extra for play online. That was the most greedy and ridiculous thing i ever saw on any console.

And ofc thats one of the main reasons why i want to jump in PS4 and not X720. If Sony charge extra for online in the end ... Ill end up a PC gamer. Period

Oh , and about biggest case of ownage ... If Sony ever charges for online is FAR from ownage when MS doing this 8 years now.

RR360DD

Uh no.

Cows have used the online fee thing against lems for years now. Majority the time its nothing to do with the principle of having to pay for online play, but just a means to laugh in lems' faces. So yeah, Sony subjecting cows to the exact same thing would be mega ownage.

we laugh in your face because you're paying for what we get for free while what get for free has an advantage over what you're paying for No cow jumps out and just randomly say xbl sucks and psn rocks. The only time is comes up is when lemmings claim the XBL is better which is a sad thing to say that somethig you're paying for is better than something that's free
#194 Posted by Wickerman777 (1200 posts) -

AzatiS

It was so long ago that I can't remember for sure but I think XBL might have costed money right from the beginning in 2002.

#195 Posted by RR360DD (11949 posts) -

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="Murderstyle75"] Microsoft doesnt force anybody to pay for multiplayer. They offer a service and people decide with their wallets that it is worth the money. Not sure why cows cant understand this. The service differences have nothing to do with the price though.DISSESHOWEDO

Ok, so i buy, for example the last CoD and i wanna play on-line. I pay the same price i pay on ps3, but i can't touch the multiplayer ?!? Try justifying this !

You can. You can play splitscreen. You just don't have access to any of the XBL servers without coughing up the money
#196 Posted by SuddenlySudden (666 posts) -
[QUOTE="DISSESHOWEDO"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]RR360DD

Ok, so i buy, for example the last CoD and i wanna play on-line. I pay the same price i pay on ps3, but i can't touch the multiplayer ?!? Try justifying this !

You can. You can play splitscreen. You just don't have access to any of the XBL servers without coughing up the money

lol wow MOMENT OF SILENCE FOR THE LEMMINGS
#197 Posted by ConanTheStoner (5332 posts) -

Would be awesome for the lulz on SW.

But in reality it would suck.  I haven't paid for online gaming since 06 and I'm not about to start back now.

This would push me even further into PC gaming.

#198 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

So the lems admit paying for online is ownage. Glad we can clear that up.

#199 Posted by RR360DD (11949 posts) -
[QUOTE="RR360DD"][QUOTE="DISSESHOWEDO"]

SuddenlySudden

I'm just saying it how it is bro. Not trying to justify anything.
#200 Posted by SuddenlySudden (666 posts) -
[QUOTE="SuddenlySudden"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]You can. You can play splitscreen. You just don't have access to any of the XBL servers without coughing up the moneyRR360DD

I'm just saying it how it is bro. Not trying to justify anything.

Please don't call me bro. and hey it's one of my alts NathanDrakeSwag