Sony charging for online play next gen would be the biggest case of ownage ever

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SuddenlySudden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#101 SuddenlySudden
Member since 2013 • 618 Posts

[QUOTE="SuddenlySudden"]BAM THIS THREAD SHOULD END HERE. BUT IT WOULDN'TSnugenz

It should end because some fanboy blew a gasket???.

Casharmy rages (fanboy shit usually) in most threads and it doesn't end them why would it happen now.

how is he blowing a fuse? He answered and clearly defended his logic and it made sense. It should end because tc is an idiot and didn't think things through. LEMMENS WANT TO CLAIM OWNAGE IS PSN ISN'T FREE NEXT GEN WHEN XBL HASN'T BE FREE FOR THE PAST TEN YEARS? It wouldn't be ownage it would be balance. And if you're saying it's ownage because we made fun of you for being charged this gen and now we're being charged right? But umm....what would that charge for that isn't free right now? Or what would they charge now that they aren't already charging for? THE REASON WHY WE MAKE FUN OF YOU LEMS FOR BEING CHARGED ISN'T THAT YOU'RE PAYING FOR XBL IT'S WHAT YOU'RE NOT GETTING OR WHAT YOU'RE ENDURING DESPITE HAVING TO PAY
SuddenlySudden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 SuddenlySudden

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

It does cost money, MS invested half a billion is setting up XBL in 2002, back when online on the PS2 was pretty much non-existant. Kutaragi didn't believe in online play, hence pratically no progress in the area when the PS3 launched. If I recall correctly, PSN didn't even have a universal friends list when it launched :lol: So what exactly would have Sony charged for? There was no ecosystem like there was with XBL that re-launced a year earlier.

PSN only became a worty online service in 2009, and tell me this, what would cause more of a backlash? Sony deciding to charge mid-generation for online, thus basically forcing anyone who bought a PS3 prior to that to either pay or do without online play

OR

Sony announcing that online play will cost money on the PS4 (which might I add has an impressive looking online service) thus giving people the choice BEFORE they purchase the console.

This is just a hypothetical thread. No ones saying they will charge, but to say its impossible is just fanboy dreams.

RR360DD

Ok so you want to jump to the defense of this idiotic and hypocirital fanboy argument?  So you you also take on all of the stupidity that goes behind it...I am fine with that.  

First of all before I rip you to shreads....

1.  tell me what does any of the added services have to do with the basic underlying fact that the reason MS holds the p2p  ability to play games online ransom!!!!

:o TO MAKE THAT MORE CLEAR FOR YOU, IF YOU ARE ARGUING THE SERVICES ARE WHAT THE CHARGE IS FOR WHY THEN IS THE ABILITY TO SIMPLY PLAY ONLINE NOT FREE?????????? (yes you are going to sound stupid when you start backraracking as I point it out with each DC response)

2. You asked what sony could charge for?  Are you stupid..lol nvr mind let's just point out something else that we already know.. :o THEY CHARGE FOR THE ABILITY TO PLAY GAMES ONLINE...:| same as MS...NEXT

3. "PSN only became a worty online service in 2009"....You personal estimation of what PSN is or isn't worth has no factual bearing in this argument...next.

4.  I never said it was impossible for Sony to charge, but I do think its telling of what kind of fanboys you lemmings are praying to the heavens that this happens just to have some kind of vendicatin becuase you guys have been the ididots that have been paying and justifying this crap since the generation before last.  If Sony charges it's not a good thing for gamers...same as it has always been for MS with 360, what the hell is your arguement here?

LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR FOR YOU...FEW IF ANY SONY FANS WOULD BE DEFENDING THE ACT SIMPLY BECAUSE SONY DID IT.  I konw I won't be praising it like lems here do just because it's their favorite company or becuase you guys have stocks invested and only interested in personal gain despite degrading the whole of gaming in the process.

1. Actually online games are client hosted. And there are other aspects to online play such as leaderboards, stat tracking etc. that are all server based.

2. PSN service was so non-existant at launch that it seemed like there was literally nothing tangable to charge for. Games at launch handed their own online, compared to XBL where it all fell under the same tree. That the difference, if you can't understand that then I'm sorry. Fact is, MS have got away with charging for online because there was a clear and evident system behind it, whether the current subscription model is right or not.

3. It did. Have you even had a PS3 since launch. It seems to me you havent - either that or your a blinder fanboy that I thought.

4. Who's praying? I was just asking which hypothetical situation would bring more LOLs. I think there possibility is there, so I listed it.

"FEW IF ANY SONY FANS WOULD BE DEFENDING THE ACT SIMPLY BECAUSE SONY DID IT"

YEAH RIGHT :lol: They will eventually. But the initial cow tears will be DELICIOUS

OH MY FAWKING GOD how dont you feel like a loser for saying the cow tears will be delicious? THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN SAY THAT IS TO ADMIT THAT YOU'VE HAD TEARS FOR THE XBL CHARGING THIS WHOLE TIME. Do you own a brain?
SuddenlySudden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 SuddenlySudden

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="SuddenlySudden"]BAM THIS THREAD SHOULD END HERE. BUT IT WOULDN'Tcasharmy

It should end because some fanboy blew a gasket???.

Casharmy rages (fanboy shit usually) in most threads and it doesn't end them why would it happen now.

dude shut the hell up.  You don't need to worry about how or why I post seeing as you havn't tried to address anything I have said or the reason why I originally made my post. 

There is not fanboy sh!t in my post, I am just pointing out how mind numbingly stupid your fellow xbox fanboy posts are.  Are you here to join in the defense of this arguement or you just want to try to nitpick at my post while not really saying anything because I'm not a MS drone?

poor damage control from the sad lems. They're paying for XBL and have no games to play but they keep defending their stupid MS.
HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

This seems appropriate

SuddenlySudden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 SuddenlySudden
Okay, in summary of this thread. 1. LEMS HAVE NO GAMES TO PLAY 2. MS IS CHARGING FOR ONLINE AND YOU'RE STILL HAVING ADS AND HAVING TO PAY FOR NETFLIX ETC 3. PSN IS FREE AND JUST AS GOOD 4. XBOX IS CHARGING YOU DESPITE THE NO GAMES SITUATION 5. LEMS EXPECT TO CLAIM OWNAGE WHEN SONY STARTS DOING TO COWS, WHAT MS HAS BEEN DOING TO THEM FOR YEARS???
ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowriverUB"][QUOTE="Wickerman777"]

Whatever. You guys are in denial. Get ready for it cuz it's coming.

Wickerman777

Denial of what? Payed PS4 multiplayer for now it's just lems wet dream, they want cows to suffer as they do

Lol, I don't want that at all. If I could have things my way it would be free on all platforms. But with Sony bleeding money the way they are it makes business sense for them to do it. As I said before if it doesn't happen I'll be shocked.

Oh noes, charging multiplayer is only way to make profits now days, i wonder how steam and other free multiplayer services actully manage to survive, i mean only Live doing that.... Oh noes, game servers that we don't own cost so much that we need to charge, look on MS it cost so much that they charge even for not there services Oh noes, we running so many websites that have ton of visits and forums, yet we have no server power to host simple APIs for ladderboard and achivments for free, it's so teriffing ...... :lol:
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts
Wow cows are having a breakdown in this thread. When Sony announces multiplayer will be behind a pay wall they are going to commit suicide.
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="casharmy"]Ok so you want to jump to the defense of this idiotic and hypocirital fanboy argument?  So you you also take on all of the stupidity that goes behind it...I am fine with that.  

1.  tell me what does any of the added services have to do with the basic underlying fact that the reason MS holds the p2p  ability to play games online ransom!!!!

:o TO MAKE THAT MORE CLEAR FOR YOU, IF YOU ARE ARGUING THE SERVICES ARE WHAT THE CHARGE IS FOR WHY THEN IS THE ABILITY TO SIMPLY PLAY ONLINE NOT FREE?????????? (yes you are going to sound stupid when you start backraracking as I point it out with each DC response)

2. You asked what sony could charge for?  Are you stupid..lol nvr mind let's just point out something else that we already know.. :o THEY CHARGE FOR THE ABILITY TO PLAY GAMES ONLINE...:| same as MS...NEXT

3. "PSN only became a worty online service in 2009"....You personal estimation of what PSN is or isn't worth has no factual bearing in this argument...next.

4.  I never said it was impossible for Sony to charge, but I do think its telling of what kind of fanboys you lemmings are praying to the heavens that this happens just to have some kind of vendicatin becuase you guys have been the ididots that have been paying and justifying this crap since the generation before last.  If Sony charges it's not a good thing for gamers...same as it has always been for MS with 360, what the hell is your arguement here?

LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR FOR YOU...FEW IF ANY SONY FANS WOULD BE DEFENDING THE ACT SIMPLY BECAUSE SONY DID IT.  I konw I won't be praising it like lems here do just because it's their favorite company or becuase you guys have stocks invested and only interested in personal gain despite degrading the whole of gaming in the process.

SuddenlySudden

1. Actually online games are client hosted. And there are other aspects to online play such as leaderboards, stat tracking etc. that are all server based.

2. PSN service was so non-existant at launch that it seemed like there was literally nothing tangable to charge for. Games at launch handed their own online, compared to XBL where it all fell under the same tree. That the difference, if you can't understand that then I'm sorry. Fact is, MS have got away with charging for online because there was a clear and evident system behind it, whether the current subscription model is right or not.

3. It did. Have you even had a PS3 since launch. It seems to me you havent - either that or your a blinder fanboy that I thought.

4. Who's praying? I was just asking which hypothetical situation would bring more LOLs. I think there possibility is there, so I listed it.

YEAH RIGHT :lol: They will eventually. But the initial cow tears will be DELICIOUS

OH MY FAWKING GOD how dont you feel like a loser for saying the cow tears will be delicious? THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN SAY THAT IS TO ADMIT THAT YOU'VE HAD TEARS FOR THE XBL CHARGING THIS WHOLE TIME. Do you own a brain?

Nope actually Ive always felt the live fee is justified in MY opinion because theres no other service on consoles as good as it. Thats why I choose to pay.

No tears from me. I'm not the one whos been bashing the premise of paying to play online like cows have this entire gen.

How difficult is that to understand? Cows will be forced to pay for something they've bashed lems for doing for the passed 10 years. Thats why you all get owned.

If your giving off this much butthurt over a HYPOTHETICAL situation then my god I can't imagine how bad it will be if it actually comes true one day :lol:

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
Wow cows are having a breakdown in this thread. When Sony announces multiplayer will be behind a pay wall they are going to commit suicide.Miketheman83
just like you commited suicide when you paid for LIVE, oh wait no you didnt and neither will cows.... hmmm
ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 ShadowriverUB

[QUOTE="ShadowriverUB"][QUOTE="Wickerman777"]

Lol, I don't want that at all. If I could have things my way it would be free on all platforms. But with Sony bleeding money the way they are it makes business sense for them to do it. As I said before if it doesn't happen I'll be shocked.

Wickerman777

Oh noes, charging multiplayer is only way to make profits now days, i wonder how steam and other free multiplayer services actully manage to survive, i mean only Live doing that.... Oh noes, game servers that we don't own cost so much that we need to charge, look on MS it cost so much that they charge even for not there services Oh noes, we running so many websites that have ton of visits and forums, yet we have no server power to host simple APIs for ladderboard and achivments, it's so teriffing ...... :lol:

Like I said, whatever. It's coming. If it doesn't happen expect Sony higher-ups to get dragged out of their offices and publically executed by their stockholders.

You are Sony company chierman or you stockholder that you know what those guys think? :p
coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#111 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Not sure if it will be the biggest case of ownage or not. However, it will be fun watching the same PS3 fanboys, who have for years trashed MS for charging for online try to defend it when Sony does it. Although I expect the usual nobody ever complained about MS charging for online, and the other usual excuses.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

[QUOTE="SuddenlySudden"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]

RR360DD

Nope actually Ive always felt the live fee is justified in MY opinion because theres no other service on consoles as good as it. Thats why I choose to pay.

Lol, You pay because if you don't you won't be able to play games online.  simple truth.  

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 casharmy

Not sure if it will be the biggest case of ownage or not. However, it will be fun watching the same PS3 fanboys, who have for years trashed MS for charging for online try to defend it when Sony does it. Although I expect the usual nobody ever complained about MS charging for online, and the other usual excuses.

coasterguy65

You guys are really stupid aren't you?  It's like you guys make up your own reality...have you read none of the post in this thread?  Other similar threads?  

Sony fans aren't going to be happy if sony does it and most aren't going to be defending it.  If it's bad it's bad...it's not a fanboy thing dumbass it's a gamer thing.  You really only think people bashed MS doing that because they were all sony fanboys?   super stupid then why do Hermits and sheep and every other gaming group bash them as well? phh 

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22651 Posts
[QUOTE="SuddenlySudden"][QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] So you're saying that Sony always copies MS? Glad you agree.

I think what he's saying is that no matter what happens he's gonna try and deflect this insane amount of ownage on microsoft.... Its to be expected really. Cows can't possibly sustain the weight of that kind of devastating news. Best part will be how they'll be ok with it all of a sudden.

Okay let's break this into simple logical argument. Can you kindly explain to me how SONy charging next gen for Online will be ownage. I want to talk about this.

Sorry, had to run, but yeah you're kidding right? Its not that it's bad per say, it's just hilarious that cows have cried foul for an entire generation about ms having poor business practices and gouging customers over unnecessary online fees... You cannot back peddle from that if or when sony does it... You will be served with heaping piles of well deserved generation long ownage and youll have to deal. There is literally no other solution after all that shiit talking. You simply can't claim xbl being inferior based on fees for seven years all to pretend it's only fair when sony does it. Prepare to be laughed at heartily if it happens. Honestly i hope they have a free tier on both consoles but then again I'm not the one complaining about fees... Cows do.
Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

A part of me hopes it happens because it'll be hilarious on here, but the other part doesn't because I may buy one if they don't charge. 

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 RR360DD

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="casharmy"]Ok so you want to jump to the defense of this idiotic and hypocirital fanboy argument?  So you you also take on all of the stupidity that goes behind it...I am fine with that.  

casharmy

1. xbl is p2p online....also what dose leaderbards have to do with charging people money to use?  none the less, none of that is needed if all you want is to play games online.  Deflecting failure you never answered the question becuase you didn't have an answer GG...next

2. PSN service was so non-existant at launch....wait what?  PS3 launced with Resistance fall of Man with 40 player online matches with dedicated servers FAIL...NEXT.

3. Ok so you are just being stupid now and trying to play opinino wars...Hows this for my opinion then, xbl isn't and never was worth a damn and charging for basic online service is a joke.  next

4. There is no "lols" only stupidity shown by lemmings who think that it will be funny if this happens when the whole gaming industry will be cheapend and degraded because of it.  

The "cow tears" you are imagining would be honest gamers who would upset that a basic gaming fuction has been taken away from them under a false "service label" It would be downgrading the game industry as a whole and gaming would take a dive, you lemmings are literlly the only iditots who would think this is a  good  thing. 

Complete fail want to try again?

1. *sign* Still getting confused? Its not p2p, games are client hosted. The XBL service is server based. My point was that there are still XBL servers - there are still XBL data centres that have to relay certain information. Microsoft don't charge for literally nothing. As I've said numerous times before, hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars has gone into XBL from Microsoft.

2. *second sigh* You just backed up my point. Games handled their own online. I know Resistance had online, I bought the game. But there was no consistent online system between games. That was my point.

3. Its nothing to do with opinion. PSN severly lacked in everything until 2009 and Sony got their act together. Do you remember the MGS4 online debacle? I do. I remember having to jump through around 100 hoops to get that set up online. Not even a diehard cow would defend that, so don't try.

LOL nah, gamers would just pay or else move to PC where its an open system. Cows would eat their own words, and it would be pretty funny might I add.

SuddenlySudden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 SuddenlySudden
Wow cows are having a breakdown in this thread. When Sony announces multiplayer will be behind a pay wall they are going to commit suicide.Miketheman83
You clearly read the thread you dummy. Ever work at a carnival and had to tell ten billion people coming to get snow cones? And you're like "attention everyone we're no longer selling cones!" and then right after that, that one last annoying comes and ask for a cone and you're like "What did I just say!?" Well, you're that annoying guy!
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 TheEroica  Moderator

[QUOTE="coasterguy65"]

casharmy

You guys are really stupid aren't you?  It's like you guys make up your own reality...have you read none of the post in this thread?  Other similar threads?  

Sony fans aren't going to be happy if sony does it and most aren't going to be defending it.  If it's bad it's bad...it's not a fanboy thing dumbass it's a gamer thing.  You really only think people bashed MS doing that because they were all sony fanboys?   super stupid then why do Hermits and sheep and every other gaming group bash them as well? phh 

You may be logical gamer who sticks to your principals cash, but lets not be silly... You know cows will back peddle and deflect and there will be a sea of lems spoonfeeding cows ownage because of it. Fable the journey thread part 2...
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 RR360DD

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="SuddenlySudden"] OH MY FAWKING GOD how dont you feel like a loser for saying the cow tears will be delicious? THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN SAY THAT IS TO ADMIT THAT YOU'VE HAD TEARS FOR THE XBL CHARGING THIS WHOLE TIME. Do you own a brain?casharmy

Lol, You pay because if you don't you won't be able to play games online.  simple truth.  

Nope.

I've had both a 360 and PS3 since launch. At any point I could stop paying for XBL and just game online on my PS3 but there are features I use on XBL every day that PSN doesn't have. Therefore I'm pretty happy paying for XBL.

Try again.

SuddenlySudden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 SuddenlySudden
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="SuddenlySudden"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] I think what he's saying is that no matter what happens he's gonna try and deflect this insane amount of ownage on microsoft.... Its to be expected really. Cows can't possibly sustain the weight of that kind of devastating news. Best part will be how they'll be ok with it all of a sudden.

Okay let's break this into simple logical argument. Can you kindly explain to me how SONy charging next gen for Online will be ownage. I want to talk about this.

Sorry, had to run, but yeah you're kidding right? Its not that it's bad per say, it's just hilarious that cows have cried foul for an entire generation about ms having poor business practices and gouging customers over unnecessary online fees... You cannot back peddle from that if or when sony does it... You will be served with heaping piles of well deserved generation long ownage and youll have to deal. There is literally no other solution after all that shiit talking. You simply can't claim xbl being inferior based on fees for seven years all to pretend it's only fair when sony does it. Prepare to be laughed at heartily if it happens. Honestly i hope they have a free tier on both consoles but then again I'm not the one complaining about fees... Cows do.

wow I'm done
SuddenlySudden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 SuddenlySudden
[QUOTE="casharmy"]

[QUOTE="coasterguy65"]

TheEroica

You may be logical gamer who sticks to your principals cash, but lets not be silly... You know cows will back peddle and deflect and there will be a sea of lems spoonfeeding cows ownage because of it. Fable the journey thread part 2...

what will this ownage be based on? You're being charged right now. "haha you're being charged too!" that's you're ownage? Someone falls into the same fishbowl as you and that's you're ownage? YOU'RE STILL IN THE FISHBOWL IDIOT!
Kaszilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Kaszilla
Member since 2011 • 1841 Posts
Maybe it'll be free up to a point like you can play for free for 2 hours but if you want unlimited play, then you'll have to pay.
Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

The way i see it, there will be two options:

-regular (free online, access to the store and demos)

-premium (all the above, all the extras that come with plus and something to do with Gaikai)

That's my predicition, what's left is to wait for E3, when much more will be revealed !

DISSESHOWEDO

Well, I don't think so. I predict there will be 3. There will be a free one similar to Xbox's silver. It won't include online multiplayer. Then there will be a middle one that costs money and has multiplayer. Then there will be a premium one that is akin to what PSN+ is today. Speaking of PSN+ I wish MS would do something like that. Getting all those game rentals sounds cool. But I don't think they will cuz MS is all about maximizing profits and because of that I just don't foresee something like rentals on their agenda. They're gonna want you to buy the games outright. This is the company that charges $5 or sometimes even $10 for games that are 20 years old or more after all! Everytime I see something like Dig Dug for $5 it blows my mind. At the very most something like that shouldn't be more than $1. I don't think Sony's online is going to get as greedy as MS's is but charging for online multiplayer will happen.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 casharmy

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

[QUOTE="coasterguy65"]

TheEroica

Fine, I don't really feel like all this fanboy sh!t that is being thrown around here is any good to anyone.  I have always wanted xbl to be free, who in their right mind wouldn't?  Yeah I bash lems because they DEFEND it which I think is stupid and give MS no reason to change.  I don't like being forced into accepting something just because a company CAN do it. 

These companies CAN do what ever the hell they want with their product but it was a reason to support Sony over MS by not charging for something that should be part of the game you buy.  Believe it or not i used to be an XBOX (origianl..after dreamcast ) fanboy and the online mandatory fee is one of the reasons why I ever decided to even touch a playstaton console.  

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts
I've been on record saying I hope they do. I would be more than happy to pay and if they don't, I'll get PSN+. I've payed for Live for 5-6 years, why not PSN? Ownage...lol, more like privilege and honor. Make it happy Sony and thank you for making PS4 a reality.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#126 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

I've been on record saying I hope they do. I would be more than happy to pay and if they don't, I'll get PSN+. I've payed for Live for 5-6 years, why not PSN? Ownage...lol, more like privilege and honor. Make it happy Sony and thank you for making PS4 a reality. Heil68

:lol:

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#127 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

The WiiU destroying the PS4 and 720 would be the biggest because people on SW keep on declaring doom on  the console,followed by the PS4 losing free online.

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

I've been on record saying I hope they do. I would be more than happy to pay and if they don't, I'll get PSN+. I've payed for Live for 5-6 years, why not PSN? Ownage...lol, more like privilege and honor. Make it happy Sony and thank you for making PS4 a reality. Heil68

You are the catcher and Sony is the pitcher. 

DISSESHOWEDO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 DISSESHOWEDO
Member since 2010 • 1775 Posts

[QUOTE="DISSESHOWEDO"]

The way i see it, there will be two options:

-regular (free online, access to the store and demos)

-premium (all the above, all the extras that come with plus and something to do with Gaikai)

That's my predicition, what's left is to wait for E3, when much more will be revealed !

Wickerman777

Well, I don't think so. I predict there will be 3. There will be a free one similar to Xbox's silver. It won't include online multiplayer. Then there will be a middle one that costs money and has multiplayer. Then there will be a premium one that is akin to what PSN+ is today. Speaking of PSN+ I wish MS would do something like that. Getting all those game rentals sounds cool. But I don't think they will cuz MS is all about maximizing profits and because of that I just don't foresee something like rentals on their agenda. They're gonna want you to buy the games outright. This is the company that charges $5 or sometimes even $10 for games that are 20 years old or more after all! Everytime I see something like Dig Dug for $5 it blows my mind. At the very most something like that shouldn't be more than $1. I don't think Sony's online is going to get as greedy as MS's is but charging for online multiplayer will happen.

Seeing how Sony has learned from all the mistakes from the PS3 and claiming that they're listening to the customers, i don't think they will put the on-line behind a fee. Again will just have to wait and see !

qm.gif

ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 ShadowriverUB
Besides Sony knows well that if they gonna charge for multiplayer they can only lose people interest
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 RR360DD

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

1. xbl is p2p online....also what dose leaderbards have to do with charging people money to use?  none the less, none of that is needed if all you want is to play games online.  Deflecting failure you never answered the question becuase you didn't have an answer GG...next

2. PSN service was so non-existant at launch....wait what?  PS3 launced with Resistance fall of Man with 40 player online matches with dedicated servers FAIL...NEXT.

3. Ok so you are just being stupid now and trying to play opinino wars...Hows this for my opinion then, xbl isn't and never was worth a damn and charging for basic online service is a joke.  next

4. There is no "lols" only stupidity shown by lemmings who think that it will be funny if this happens when the whole gaming industry will be cheapend and degraded because of it.  

The "cow tears" you are imagining would be honest gamers who would upset that a basic gaming fuction has been taken away from them under a false "service label" It would be downgrading the game industry as a whole and gaming would take a dive, you lemmings are literlly the only iditots who would think this is a  good  thing. 

Complete fail want to try again?

casharmy

1. *sign* Still getting confused? Its not p2p, games are client hosted. The XBL service is server based. My point was that there are still XBL servers - there are still XBL data centres that have to relay certain information. Microsoft don't charge for literally nothing. As I've said numerous times before, hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars has gone into XBL from Microsoft.

2. *second sigh* You just backed up my point. Games handled their own online. I know Resistance had online, I bought the game. But there was no consistent online system between games. That was my point.

3. Its nothing to do with opinion. PSN severly lacked in everything until 2009 and Sony got their act together. Do you remember the MGS4 online debacle? I do. I remember having to jump through around 100 hoops to get that set up online. Not even a diehard cow would defend that, so don't try.

LOL nah, gamers would just pay or else move to PC where its an open system. Cows would eat their own words, and it would be pretty funny might I add.

not going to keep repeating my self...but with this last post of yours I can conclude

You are an idiot

LOL bye

DISSESHOWEDO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 DISSESHOWEDO

[QUOTE="DISSESHOWEDO"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] No because I felt XBL was a much better option then PSN.Miketheman83

Option, what option are you talking about delusional lem ?!? If you want to play multi you pay, there is no other option you silly !:lol:

If I didnt think XBL was worth the money I would buy a PS3. Pretty simple concept.

It's more of a choice, as i said before if you want multi, you pay ( i don't see an option here). 

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#133 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

The only reason i never liked X360 was the fact that i need to pay extra for play online. That was the most greedy and ridiculous thing i ever saw on any console.

And ofc thats one of the main reasons why i want to jump in PS4 and not X720. If Sony charge extra for online in the end ... Ill end up a PC gamer. Period

Oh , and about biggest case of ownage ... If Sony ever charges for online is FAR from ownage when MS doing this 8 years now.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts

[QUOTE="Heil68"]I've been on record saying I hope they do. I would be more than happy to pay and if they don't, I'll get PSN+. I've payed for Live for 5-6 years, why not PSN? Ownage...lol, more like privilege and honor. Make it happy Sony and thank you for making PS4 a reality. Optical_Order

Well MLB The Show is a world class franchise only found in the Sony family, so good analogy.
Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

Sony will probably make online free, but I think if you want any other features past that they will probably have a charge.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts
[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="Bruce_Benzing"] Yeah you get GenericFPSZone #4, Son of Infamous, Generic Forza wnnabe and Cookie Cutter Platform game to look forward to, All rehashed and repolished to make blind Cows think it's all original...RR360DD
Actually Forza is a PGR wanna be with newbie features to make kids think they are good at video games.

You're a dirty cow. I can't believe I was close to thinking otherwise :lol:

PGR has been an exclusive Xbox game for years before Microsoft let Activision swallow up bizarre creations. Geometry Wars was pretty fu*kin awesome too. There are rumors that the series will be revived though on the 720. The question is, will it come back with all its glory?
DISSESHOWEDO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 DISSESHOWEDO

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] If I didnt think XBL was worth the money I would buy a PS3. Pretty simple concept. Miketheman83
Microsoft doesnt force anybody to pay for multiplayer. They offer a service and people decide with their wallets that it is worth the money. Not sure why cows cant understand this. The service differences have nothing to do with the price though.

Ok, so i buy, for example the last CoD and i wanna play on-line. I pay the same price i pay for the game on ps3, but i can't touch the multiplayer if i don't have gold  ?!? Try justifying this !

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"][QUOTE="DISSESHOWEDO"]

Ok, so i buy, for example the last CoD and i wanna play on-line. I pay the same price i pay on ps3, but i can't touch the multiplayer ?!? Try justifying this !

SuddenlySudden

You can. You can play splitscreen. You just don't have access to any of the XBL servers without coughing up the money

lol wow MOMENT OF SILENCE FOR THE LEMMINGS

Lol, you guys are so freakin' insulting when it comes to this stuff that it amazes me that you then wave your fingers in Xbox owners' faces when they say they'll laugh when you have to pay too. People are not stupid for paying for XBL. They do it because they have to. The same as when you're on a toll road and you have to cough up the fee. You don't do it because you want to or because you're dumb but because you have to if you want to move forward. And when online play starts costing money on Playstation, and it will, you guys will pay up to.

DISSESHOWEDO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 DISSESHOWEDO

[QUOTE="SuddenlySudden"][QUOTE="RR360DD"] lol wow MOMENT OF SILENCE FOR THE LEMMINGSWickerman777

Lol, you guys are so freakin' insulting when it comes to this stuff that it amazes me that you then wave your fingers in Xbox owners' faces when they say they'll laugh when you have to pay too. People are not stupid for paying for XBL. They do it because they have to. The same as when you're on a toll road and you have to cough up the fee. You don't do it because you want to or because you're dumb but because you have to if you want to move forward. And when online play starts costing money on Playstation, and it will, you guys will pay up to.

You can't be sure, it's all speculations ! I personally think it won't, Sony are japanese and as such traditions are strong with them ! 

So if Sony charging for online is ownage does that mean the rats admit they've been getting owned 2 gens in a row and lining up for a third? 

Pray_to_me

Also this !

FastEddie2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 FastEddie2121
Member since 2009 • 3081 Posts

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

RR360DD

not going to keep repeating my self...but with this last post of yours I can conclude

You are an idiot

LOL bye

so much fear

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Murderstyle75
[QUOTE="RR360DD"][QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="RR360DD"] You're a dirty cow. I can't believe I was close to thinking otherwise :lol:

PGR has been an exclusive Xbox game for years before Microsoft let Activision swallow up bizarre creations. Geometry Wars was pretty fu*kin awesome too. There are rumors that the series will be revived though on the 720. The question is, will it come back with all its glory?

How did Microsoft let that happen? Bizzarre were independent, they chose to be bought, and they agreed to Activision. Its their own fault they died.

Yet PGR on the Xbox had roots to the original Xbox launch. Microsoft could have bought them too. Unfortunatly though, when the sale happened, Microsoft was too busy buying marketing firms like the now defunct Massive Incorporated. M$ paid 400 million for the company and then shut them down due to conflict between them and the already existing Xbox marketing team. Great way to spend our Gold Dollars to result in absoutely nothing. I wonder how many game projects that money could have funded.
Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Murderstyle75
[QUOTE="Optical_Order"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"]I've been on record saying I hope they do. I would be more than happy to pay and if they don't, I'll get PSN+. I've payed for Live for 5-6 years, why not PSN? Ownage...lol, more like privilege and honor. Make it happy Sony and thank you for making PS4 a reality. Heil68

Well MLB The Show is a world class franchise only found in the Sony family, so good analogy.

Which makes me wonder why in the hell Microsoft ditched XSN sports. Not like any Lems would remember though. They were all on the Playstation back then swinging from Kens appendage.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="casharmy"]You guys are really stupid aren't you?  It's like you guys make up your own reality...have you read none of the post in this thread?  Other similar threads?  

SuddenlySudden

what will this ownage be based on? You're being charged right now. "haha you're being charged too!" that's you're ownage? Someone falls into the same fishbowl as you and that's you're ownage? YOU'RE STILL IN THE FISHBOWL IDIOT!

My fishbowl never cried about live fees.... Your fishbowl did. Dont get me wrong. I'd like free for all, but in system wars when u talk enormous amounts of shiit, you gotta be ready for when it splatters back in your face.
DISSESHOWEDO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 DISSESHOWEDO

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

[QUOTE="coasterguy65"]

TheEroica

And i was thinkin you are a reasonable poster, guess i was wrong ! Deflect, back peddle, where to, M$ ?!? Cuzz one thing i'm sure for the nextbox and is multiplayer again will be paid !

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="Optical_Order"]

Murderstyle75

Which makes me wonder why in the hell Microsoft ditched XSN sports. Not like any Lems would remember though. They were all on the Playstation back then swinging from Kens appendage.

Speak for yourself. Ms also owns high heat franchise which was last featured in 03 i believe. Ahhh i miss it and don't understand why ms didn't make a first party game. Sad.... Mvp is still easily the best though.
Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#147 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

720 always online is going to be amazing.

Sony charging for online is probably not going to happen.

Wii U will pick up but Nintendo haters will downplay it. 

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#148 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="SuddenlySudden"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] You may be logical gamer who sticks to your principals cash, but lets not be silly... You know cows will back peddle and deflect and there will be a sea of lems spoonfeeding cows ownage because of it. Fable the journey thread part 2...

My fishbowl never cried about live fees.... Your fishbowl did. Dont get me wrong. I'd like free for all, but in system wars when u talk enormous amounts of shiit, you gotta be ready for when it splatters back in your face.

Perhaps, but you also talked about how paying was Soooo worth it. To claim ownage here, you are inherently denying that argument, owning your own camp in the process.
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#149 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

Sony would never force us to pay to pay to use Netflix and  online gaming. Sony are not scum like M$.  :cool:

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#150 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

[QUOTE="k2theswiss"]

[QUOTE="SuddenlySudden"] Yeah and Sony setup PSN for free out of straw and wood right? Yes, they need to make money but there's a difference between profit and just being a completely greedy robber.SuddenlySudden

charging people psn+ for a setting on the console to have your console turn  on to check for updates is pretty bad. I think it's low has MS if not lower 

Dude, I paid I think 18 bucks for three months PSN and played the following games. LITTLE BIG PLANET 2 RATCHET AND CLANK INFAMOUS 2 QUANTUM CONDORUM STREET FIGHTER 5 VIRTUAL FIGHTER I can't even remmeber all of them but dude I just listed 360$ worth of game

DUDE psn+ is a video game rental. YES we all get that! but why in hell is sony limited a such needed setting to psn+ users?Â