Sony changes Driveclub DRM

• 119 results
#51 Posted by charizard1605 (56887 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

@charizard1605 said:

Another 180 for Sony

Told you so. You were one of the first to put up the pitch forks. As soon as it gets fixed, you start complaining about the correction.

Make up your mind.

Nah, I'm just quoting cows here, and giving them a taste of their own hypocrisy.

I'm glad Sony did this, and I am glad everyone raised enough of a ruckus about this. It would have been a very slippery slope otherwise :)

#52 Edited by LJS9502_basic (150710 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

@charizard1605 said:

Another 180 for Sony

Told you so. You were one of the first to put up the pitch forks. As soon as it gets fixed, you start complaining about the correction.

Make up your mind.

Nah, I'm just quoting cows here, and giving them a taste of their own hypocrisy.

I'm glad Sony did this, and I am glad everyone raised enough of a ruckus about this. It would have been a very slippery slope otherwise :)

So MS shouldn't have been called out on DRM policies? Man you people take anything from a brand.

#53 Posted by LadyBlue (3928 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@ladyblue said:

@charizard1605 said:

Another 180 for Sony

Make up your mind.

Cows did the exact same with the X1 DRM and MS's reversal of policy, hypocrites everywhere (yes that includes you).

Did I mock drm? yes, did MS do the right thing by changing it? yes.

Whats your problem?

#54 Posted by charizard1605 (56887 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@ladyblue said:

@charizard1605 said:

Another 180 for Sony

Make up your mind.

So MS shouldn't have been called out on DRM policies? Man you people take anything from a brand.

So Sony shouldn't have been called out on DRM policies? Man you people take anything from a brand.

#55 Posted by Snugenz (11849 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

@Snugenz said:

@ladyblue said:

@charizard1605 said:

Another 180 for Sony

Make up your mind.

Cows did the exact same with the X1 DRM and MS's reversal of policy, hypocrites everywhere (yes that includes you).

Whats your problem?

Calling out one set of fans as if the others didn't do exactly the same thing. There's a word for that...

#56 Edited by LJS9502_basic (150710 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

@ladyblue said:

@charizard1605 said:

Another 180 for Sony

Make up your mind.

So Sony shouldn't have been called out on DRM policies? Man you people take anything from a brand.

Had Sony announced DRM at E3 like MS did...then absolutely. But they did not. MS deserved the backlash. Stop whining about it.

#57 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

So I guess the fact Sony even attempted such a practice will now be all forgiven LOL

Cows are hilariously stupid.

Thankfully there was the full digital and retail versions to avoid the shitty PS+ edition. No "Deal with it or get a 360" here.

Lems, so desperate for games.

lol owned.

#58 Edited by Snugenz (11849 posts) -

Had Sony announced DRM at E3 like MS did...then absolutely. But they did not. MS deserved the backlash. Stop whining about it.

Like i said, hypocrisy everywhere!.

And what does Sony need to annouce, it was clear they intended to include it with DC, or does that not fit your fanboyish definition of what DRM is or is not?.

#59 Posted by charizard1605 (56887 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

@ladyblue said:

@charizard1605 said:

Another 180 for Sony

Make up your mind.

Am I whining? I said Sony did a good job, I credited them for it. You're the one who got overly defensive for some reason, and automatically started making assumptions no less.

#60 Edited by darkangel115 (1582 posts) -

@jsmoke03 said:

damage control was done by both fanboys...cows and lems are sooo one sided.

all fanboys are dumber. Sony just seems to have the worst ones though.

#61 Posted by LadyBlue (3928 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@ladyblue said:

@Snugenz said:

@ladyblue said:

@charizard1605 said:

Another 180 for Sony

Make up your mind.

Whats your problem?

Calling out one set of fans as if the others didn't do exactly the same thing. There's a word for that...

I was never against ms for removing drm. Though I did mock them.

What do you want from me? Do you need me to do something for you to get over whatever is troubling you?

#62 Edited by LJS9502_basic (150710 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

And what does Sony need to annouce, it was clear they intended to include it with DC, or does that not fit your fanboyish definition of what DRM is or is not?.

Unless officially announced...it's just a rumor. MS officially announced and fully intended to implement. If that twists your panties then too bad.

And FYI...I buy all the consoles so I was looking forward to E3 to see what each brand offered. MS disgusted me with their announcements. I don't blindly support brands...I think for myself.

#63 Edited by LJS9502_basic (150710 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

Am I whining? I said Sony did a good job, I credited them for it. You're the one who got overly defensive for some reason, and automatically started making assumptions no less.

Yes...you are whining. Defensive? Hell no. I'm not brand loyal except when it came to SEGA but they don't make consoles anymore. They were the most innovative console maker.....none of the remaining three can compete.

#64 Posted by Snugenz (11849 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Unless officially announced...it's just a rumor. MS officially announced and fully intended to implement. If that twists your panties then too bad.

And FYI...I buy all the consoles so I was looking forward to E3 to see what each brand offered. MS disgusted me with their announcements. I don't blindly support brands...I think for myself.

Sure ya dont.

#65 Edited by Snugenz (11849 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

What do you want from me? Do you need me to do something for you to get over whatever is troubling you?

If you're offering then one less hypocrite on these forums would be awesome, cya, thanks again.

#66 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150710 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Sure ya dont.

Always love how kids can't take any criticism of a console manufacturer without thinking everyone is a s biased as they are. Newsflash...come policies deserve criticism.

#67 Posted by Snugenz (11849 posts) -

Always love how kids can't take any criticism of a console manufacturer without thinking everyone is a s biased as they are. Newsflash...come policies deserve criticism.

Ever notice how it's always the childish posters who go to the "kids" defense the quickest, hmm.

Oh and criticize away, i don't own an X1 and have no intention of owning one, the reason i call you biased is because i've seen your posts on this forum not for any criticism you may have thrown at a console or manufacturer i couldn't give two shits about.

#68 Posted by LadyBlue (3928 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@ladyblue said:

If you're offering then one less hypocrite on these forums would be awesome, cya, thanks again.

I knew this was a bad community, but I didn't know it was this terrible.

Go on, keep bashing everyone you don't like.

#69 Posted by Snugenz (11849 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

@Snugenz said:

@ladyblue said:

You do so i may aswell.

#70 Edited by LJS9502_basic (150710 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Ever notice how it's always the childish posters who go to the "kids" defense the quickest, hmm.

Oh and criticize away, i don't own an X1 and have no intention of owning one, the reason i call you biased is because i've seen your posts on this forum not for any criticism you may have thrown at a console or manufacturer i couldn't give two shits about.

When you act like a kid...you get called one. As for seeing my posts...I tend to pick at stupid comments made by individuals. Doesn't matter what brand....just that this gen most of those comments are from X1 fans. Don't like it...tough. I have never made ANY post defending a brand. And if you had seen my posts then you'd know that. But then it doesn't fit into your little bias....and I see your posts too dude. You have a bias. Check that some time. Doesn't matter that you deny.

#71 Edited by Snugenz (11849 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Snugenz said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

When you act like a kid...you get called one. As for seeing my posts...I tend to pick at stupid comments made by individuals. Doesn't matter what brand....just that this gen most of those comments are from X1 fans. Don't like it...tough. I have never made ANY post defending a brand. And if you had seen my posts then you'd know that. But then it doesn't fit into your little bias....and I see your posts too dude. You have a bias. Check that some time. Doesn't matter that you deny.

No shit i have a bias why else come to a site called "System Wars", so do you though you seem to have an awfully hard time admitting that, to yourself even.

Oh and btw, most of those stupid comments you pick apart are from X1 fans for a very good reason *hint: it's not about the content of their posts*.

#72 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150710 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Snugenz said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

No shit i have a bias why else come to a site called "System Wars", so do you though you seem to have an awfully hard time admitting that, to yourself even.

Oh and btw, most of those stupid comments you pick apart are from X1 fans for a very good reason *hint: it's not about the content of their posts*.

Speaking about 180s....good example.

I plan on buying all the consoles this gen as well as last. I still buy games for my 360 as well as for my PS3. Not as much for the Wii though. In fact....I buy games for my 360 that I can also get on my PS3. And vice versa. But hey...I realize you can't exist without thinking everyone is similar to yourself. Hint...they are not.

#73 Edited by LadyBlue (3928 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@ladyblue said:

@Snugenz said:

@ladyblue said:

You do so i may aswell.

... but isn't that(hypocrisy) what prompted you to bash me in the first place? Quite hypocritical of you.

I extended an olive branch, and you refused it, just like lostrib, you can't be helped. You chose to remain angry over it, your loss.

#74 Posted by blackace (20562 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

So I guess the fact Sony even attempted such a practice will now be all forgiven LOL

Cows forgive Sony for every lie, backstab and bad business practices they've made. Microsoft on the other hand. LMAO!! Bunch of hypocrites.

#75 Edited by Snugenz (11849 posts) -

I plan on buying all the consoles this gen as well as last. I still buy games for my 360 as well as for my PS3. Not as much for the Wii though. In fact....I buy games for my 360 that I can also get on my PS3. And vice versa. But hey...I realize you can't exist without thinking everyone is similar to yourself. Hint...they are not.

Yeah none of that was relevant to my last post, but that's your strategy isn't it, talk about enough irrelevant shit so the other part gets bored and moves on.

I never thought you were similar to me in anyway whatsover.

#76 Edited by LJS9502_basic (150710 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Yeah none of that was relevant to my last post, but that's your strategy isn't it, talk about enough irrelevant shit so the other part gets bored and moves on.

Uh no..it's not irrelevant to the shit you're spewing.

#77 Edited by Snugenz (11849 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Sure is.

#78 Edited by cainetao11 (17336 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

FUCK I HAVE TO REPOST IT TWICE?!?!?!

Drive Club, Evo and SCE redeemed. Lems once again in tatters.

Important things to note: 1) it didn't take them most of a month to ditch it and 2) they recognised it was wrong and didn't try the "they didn't understand it," "it was too early," "we didn't communicate it well enough" whinge excuses that Spencer, Penello and Harrison tried.

Thank god it didn't take them a month. Were they not at E3 last year? Giving them credit for NOT making the catch up mistakes MS made when they had the MS situation to learn from? That's fvckin fanboy, love affair non sense. You people rape MS for stating and screwing up in PR, but Sony having a type of what has become the dirtiest word in gaming ready to be implemented is ok, because they learned from a huge blunder less than a year ago? I guess we should all get a standing ovation for flushing the toilet also.

#79 Edited by kingtito (4905 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@nervmeister said:

Nice that Sony remembered that they do NOT want to f**k up like MS did.

Isn't this exactly what MS did? Introduce DRM plans then 180 BEFORE it was implemented?

Cows pppfffttttt

Though unlike MS's planned universal DRM, this was for one game.

That's not the point. The point is they were about to implement DRM then thought twice for whatever reason. Same thing MS did, it doesn't matter if MS DRM was for all games.

#80 Edited by Indicud (739 posts) -

Lems are so childish, havingto play the "but he said this!" game.

#81 Posted by CyberLips (1823 posts) -

Sony rams DRM up your ass and cows will still wait on their knees for Kaz's little peanut.

Welcome to the 180.

Isn't that what Microsoft did?

#82 Edited by LJS9502_basic (150710 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Sure is.

Delusional post is delusional.

#83 Edited by Snugenz (11849 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Sure is.

Delusional post is delusional.

Delusional cow is much more delusional.

#84 Posted by Daious (1250 posts) -

It was like only two days for a reversal and it was only for one game they didn't know how to handle because they were giving a cutdown version free.

What a huge upset... lol

#85 Edited by SolidTy (42798 posts) -

So, it all blew over and the world was set right like I said it would in that other thread.

Cool. I don't even care about this game and I don't like racers. It could get cancelled and I would be more happy.

All this fuss about a PS+ PS4 game, but meanwhile my Xbone gets no free Games for Gold games. Be nice when that happens as my Xbone would get played more.

#86 Edited by clyde46 (45984 posts) -

I fail to see how people can bash MS for reversing their DRM shit and yet praise Sony for doing the same thing.... Oh wait, fanboys.

#87 Edited by clyde46 (45984 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

@ladyblue said:

@charizard1605 said:

Another 180 for Sony

Make up your mind.

How do you know that Sony didn't have DRM in the pipeline but ditched it at the last minute.... Lots of things happened between those keynotes.

#88 Posted by SelfReflect (116 posts) -

It NEVER WAS DRM.

What Microsoft tried to enforce with always online and 24 hour check ins. NOW THAT WAS anti-consumer DRM

#90 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4650 posts) -

wow OK. so, it was how I guessed it wasn't, and now they've changed it, thus making it how I assumed it would be.

good on 'em.

#91 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150710 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

How do you know that Sony didn't have DRM in the pipeline but ditched it at the last minute.... Lots of things happened between those keynotes.

I don't wish to dwell in speculation and I'm disappointed that you would do so clyde.:(

#92 Edited by navyguy21 (12821 posts) -

These attempts at DRM ownage are sad and childish.

Wake up guys!! My goodness, lets play games and have actual debates about them instead of flinging insignificant crap at each other.

Makes my head hurt.....

#93 Posted by xhawk27 (7262 posts) -

Sony is already thinking they can do whatever they want because of the foolish sheep.

#94 Edited by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

If I do buy this game I'll get the physical copy but its good to see Sony listening to the gamers once again. M$ should take notes.

#95 Posted by Indicud (739 posts) -

If I do buy this game I'll get the physical copy but its good to see Sony listening to the gamers once again. M$ should take notes.

#96 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6760 posts) -

I am shocked at how Sony would try to sneak this in on their beloved followers. I will no longer be supporting this company due to repeated unfair business practices. Microsoft was upfront from the get go and a company I can trust. All my business will go to Microsoft now.

#97 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150710 posts) -

I am shocked at how Sony would try to sneak this in on their beloved followers. I will no longer be supporting this company due to repeated unfair business practices. Microsoft was upfront from the get go and a company I can trust. All my business will go to Microsoft now.

I hope that's sarcasm about trusting MS.

#98 Edited by The_Last_Ride (71220 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@RR360DD said:

Lol, so very true. The hypocrisy is amazing. Still, good thing for Sony to do. It was the right move.

Last time i checked, Titanfall still has DRM...

#100 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150710 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@shawn30 said:

@RR360DD said:

Lol, so very true. The hypocrisy is amazing. Still, good thing for Sony to do. It was the right move.

Last time i checked, Titanfall still has DRM...

Boom there goes the killshot!

good post brother

Also, for those who dont know, Shawn30 was banned from neogaf for being a Microsoft shill.

He was outed and exposed. The email he signed up with was linkeed to a Microsoft PR firm. Hes a confirmed Microsoft shill. He was exposed

Its pretty obvious that RR360DD and Foxbatalpha are xbot shills too. Their "opinions" can never be relevant

That does not surprise me.....on the other hand you'd think MS could find better with their money.