Sony changes Driveclub DRM

• 119 results
#1 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1362 posts) -

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/464729448802041856

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/05/07/whats-included-driveclub-playstation-plus-edition/

"Our priority for DRIVECLUB is to enable you to play and enjoy everything it has to offer and PlayStation recognises that the prior plan for DRIVECLUB entitlement for the upgrade to the PS Plus edition was not appropriate. As a result, we have adjusted the PlayStation Plus terms for DRIVECLUB.

Now, If you intend on downloading DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition, and upgrading to the full game experience, you will have access to the game even if your PlayStation Plus Subscription runs out."

SONY ftw.

#2 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (4686 posts) -

The whole point of driveclub is the social experience, who the fuk would play it offline anyway

#3 Edited by misterpmedia (3387 posts) -

Shit I think you beat me there pinkie. Well played haha. even though my topic looks better lol :(

#4 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4931 posts) -

FUCK I HAVE TO REPOST IT TWICE?!?!?!

Drive Club, Evo and SCE redeemed. Lems once again in tatters.

Important things to note: 1) it didn't take them most of a month to ditch it and 2) they recognised it was wrong and didn't try the "they didn't understand it," "it was too early," "we didn't communicate it well enough" whinge excuses that Spencer, Penello and Harrison tried.

#6 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4931 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

So I guess the fact Sony even attempted such a practice will now be all forgiven LOL

Cows are hilariously stupid.

Thankfully there was the full digital and retail versions to avoid the shitty PS+ edition. No "Deal with it or get a 360" here.

Lems, so desperate for games.

#7 Edited by nervmeister (15246 posts) -

Nice that Sony remembered that they do NOT want to f**k up like MS did.

#8 Posted by Shewgenja (9302 posts) -

Well, one thing is for sure this generation, Sony is connected to the gamer community like never before.

#9 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

Man...the jelly for Driveclub is off the charts. But, thats SDC for ya.

#10 Edited by misterpmedia (3387 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

So I guess the fact Sony even attempted such a practice will now be all forgiven LOL

"grrr, stop liking what I don't like!"

#11 Edited by GravityX (715 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

The whole point of driveclub is the social experience, who the fuk would play it offline anyway

You think? Sony fans don't take the time to have a rational thought something.

#13 Posted by RR360DD (11956 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@RR360DD said:

Thankfully there was the full digital and retail versions to avoid the shitty PS+ edition. No "Deal with it or get a 360" here.

Yeah thankfully. Now you guys can enjoy the 50 cars/55 tracks DelayClub without any DRM.

yay

#14 Edited by tymeservesfate (1854 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@RR360DD said:

what about, "well get a second job"?

#15 Edited by lglz1337 (3779 posts) -

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaasss DC back on hypelist

thank you sony for listening!

we can continue with SDC!

#16 Edited by FastRobby (1807 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Important things to note: 1) it didn't take them most of a month to ditch it and 2) they recognised it was wrong and didn't try the "they didn't understand it," "it was too early," "we didn't communicate it well enough" whinge excuses that Spencer, Penello and Harrison tried.

Because a small game change is the same as a total console OS change. Haha, you are so silly.

#17 Edited by sts106mat (19845 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaasss DC back on hypelist

thank you sony for listening!

we can continue with SDC!

you wont be needing to build that bomb then hahahaa

maybe they took you seriously and you are the saviour of butthurt cows everywhere LOL

#18 Edited by misterpmedia (3387 posts) -

@GravityX said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

It has a single player campaign which I'll be buying it for. Welcome to the world of people having different opinions. Thanks for stopping by.

#19 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (4931 posts) -

LMAO I bet Justin pre-ordered his Xbone before the policy reversal.

All this lemming downplaying and mitigation. Drive Club back to crush lemming dreams.

@RR360DD said:

Yeah thankfully. Now you guys can enjoy the 50 cars/55 tracks DelayClub without any DRM.

yay

Another lem jelly because the Xbone has no games. :(

#20 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (4686 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@GravityX said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

It has a single player campaign which I'll be buying it for. Welcome to the world of people having different opinions. Thanks for stopping by.

sony offered the option of buying the retail verison without the drm though so this wasnt a big deal at all. $50 drm version or $60 retail version - ur choice consumer

#21 Edited by bobbetybob (19279 posts) -
@GrenadeLauncher said:

Changing one tiny detail of a game Vs changing the entire vision for your console, yeah those are totally comparable.

#22 Posted by kuu2 (7332 posts) -

Cows being trolled by Sony again..................lulz.

#23 Posted by LadyBlue (3928 posts) -

Told you so. Rectified.

#24 Edited by Gue1 (10029 posts) -

#ThankYouSony for listening to the people.

#25 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (4686 posts) -

new footage. im going to try out the free version for sure

#26 Edited by sts106mat (19845 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

Cows being trolled by Sony again..................lulz.

the weirdest part of this is that why all the shit-storm?

Do all these people intend to buy the PS+ edition and then cancel their memberships?

why the worry?

dont they want to play online?

Looks like another desperate Sony publicity stunt to increase interest in delayclub

#27 Posted by freedomfreak (40646 posts) -

Haha, what a bunch of backpeddling!

Oh wait. This is actually for the better, much like Microsoft turning their DRM around, except that was funny. And this is them looking out for us gamers.

#28 Posted by LadyBlue (3928 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786:

Best looking racer out there. Too bad I'm not a fan of racers.

#29 Posted by happyduds77 (1451 posts) -

What the hell where they even thinking?

#30 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

Lol, so very true. The hypocrisy is amazing. Still, good thing for Sony to do. It was the right move.

#31 Posted by kingtito (4966 posts) -

@nervmeister said:

Isn't this exactly what MS did? Introduce DRM plans then 180 BEFORE it was implemented?

Cows pppfffttttt

#32 Posted by LadyBlue (3928 posts) -

Do my eyes deceive me? It looks like the lems are angry sony didn't go through with it. Talk about sad.

#33 Edited by mems_1224 (47166 posts) -

disgusting. should have never been there in the first place.

#34 Posted by Heil68 (44697 posts) -

By gamers FOR gamers, the SONY way of gen 8.

#35 Posted by finalstar2007 (25206 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

If Microsofts xbox one DRM was forgiven ( note they even wanted to remove every possible way for gamers to share games and even force people to play online only ) i dont see why a small DRM in a single racing game that will be offered for free cant be?

#36 Posted by nervmeister (15246 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@nervmeister said:

Isn't this exactly what MS did? Introduce DRM plans then 180 BEFORE it was implemented?

Cows pppfffttttt

Though unlike MS's planned universal DRM, this was for one game.

#37 Posted by lglz1337 (3779 posts) -

@sts106mat: haha will do it again next time

the rageeee ffs sony!

#38 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (7896 posts) -

So much butthurt from the lems.

#39 Edited by lostrib (37046 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

@RR360DD said:

If Microsofts xbox one DRM was forgiven ( note they even wanted to remove every possible way for gamers to share games and even force people to play online only ) i dont see why a small DRM in a single racing game that will be offered for free cant be?

I believe his point is that it hasn't really been forgiven or forgotten and sony fanboys still sling it around even though it was never implemented

#40 Posted by jsmoke03 (12906 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

oh just like lemmings with the xb1 drm policies right? hello hypocretes are ON BOTH SIDES. dont act like cows are the only ones pulling this

#41 Posted by Heil68 (44697 posts) -

Truly is humbling what SONY will do to make things right all the while keeping us the gamer as its sole focus.

#42 Edited by sts106mat (19845 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

@sts106mat: haha will do it again next time

the rageeee ffs sony!

#43 Edited by darkangel115 (1699 posts) -

#44 Edited by jsmoke03 (12906 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:

damage control was done by both fanboys...cows and lems are sooo one sided.

#45 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151111 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Sony rams DRM up your ass and cows will still wait on their knees for Kaz's little peanut.

Welcome to the 180.

LOL not even close to what MS wanted to do.....but points for desperate post.

#46 Edited by charizard1605 (57763 posts) -

Another 180 for Sony

#47 Posted by bbkkristian (14953 posts) -

That's the way it should be for all their titles! You lose ps+, you should be able to keep them.

#48 Posted by LadyBlue (3928 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

Another 180 for Sony

Told you so. You were one of the first to put up the pitch forks. As soon as it gets fixed, you start complaining about the correction.

Make up your mind.

#49 Edited by LJS9502_basic (151111 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

@charizard1605 said:

Another 180 for Sony

Told you so. You were one of the first to put up the pitch forks. As soon as it gets fixed, you start complaining about the correction.

Make up your mind.

Logic....out the window in SW....

#50 Posted by Snugenz (11888 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

@charizard1605 said:

Another 180 for Sony

Make up your mind.

Cows did the exact same with the X1 DRM and MS's reversal of policy, hypocrites everywhere (yes that includes you).