Phreek300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 Phreek300
Member since 2007 • 672 Posts

Hmmm.... While others hate on the Vita without having played it and knowing its strengths as well as its weaknesses I will take a different approach. Having owned one since launch I can say that I have gotten my monies worth in content. As stated before I travel for work. For me having a portable that is near console quality is great.

People hate the ports. I welcome them. They are not as good graphically as console in most cases. However, the core of the game stays intact. Remote play is a decent feature that I use on a semi consistent basis. The original content is decent as well. The extra apps like calendar is useful to me as well. It is a bummer that the people that currently run Sony are clueless (looking at you Andrew House). The Vita can be a great investment if you aren't just looking for exclusive content from Sony.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#52 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

Well no duh they don't even get gta or gran Turismo lol vita is deader then the wiiu at least wiiu still has big games coming

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

No games brah.

Kinda silly that Sony would pull out like that... Sure, in the grand scheme of things they likely wouldn't make a single difference , but it would be nice to have them either way.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

another death blow to the vita...

what else is new.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#55 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

All part of Sony's plan to release a portable then give it no support at all

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#56 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Phreek300: As an owner of the Vita, I dislike the ports. Enhanced experiences and similar experiences on my handheld, sure, that's great. Just plonking down a console game without as much as optimizing it for new hardware, let alone without making handheld specific enhancements, which is what Sony does, is shit.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#57 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@charizard1605:

By gamers for gamers huh?

Yup. Greatness is strong with Sony.

Shibua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Shibua
Member since 2014 • 467 Posts

Sony don't care about the Vita, that's why they stopped supporting it

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

awesome. **** vita, focus on ps4

Avatar image for thegreatgeneral
TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 TheGreatGeneral
Member since 2014 • 717 Posts
@bunchanumbers said:

@thegreatgeneral said:
@bunchanumbers said:

@thegreatgeneral said:

Good, now they can concentrate on the superior plattform.

true. PSNow is the future. When they change it to PS5 and put it on every device known to man then they will finally be set.

That wont happen. I expect PSNow the get ported to every plattform but the hardware business has a lot of room. The PS5 will be a traditional console.

Sony brass are already debating whether or not to go cloud. I'm betting they will because they won't want to waste billions on another piece of hardware that will end up outdated after a year.

It depends on how sucessful the PS4 and PSNow will end up. If PSNow suddenly takes off it could become a major focus, but the PS4 is currently breaking sales records left and right, so that would indicate that the hardware side, like I already said, has a lot of room left.

You seem to like PSNow very much. Do you have a subscription for the service? Are you hoping for nintendo do leave the console business and go the same route you wish Sony would go?

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#61 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Sony treats their Vita owners worse than MS treated the X1 early adopters. MS continually dropped the price and Kinect. That sucks, but Sony dropped Vita like it was a bad joke.

You're going off topic.

supergokublitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By supergokublitz
Member since 2005 • 651 Posts

So is the vita dead in the water? I was thinking of getting one again. My son uses his all the time.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#63 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

@supergokublitz said:

So is the vita dead in the water? I was thinking of getting one again. My son uses his all the time.

If you get one I suggest doing so soon. Almost every store in my area that sells Vita stuff has so little shelf space for it its hard to find it sometimes. And with Sony stating last year that to them it is a $200 PS4 controller, I would not be surprised if retailers stopped carrying it entirely by the end of 2015.

It is good hardware. but sony has made some awful mistakes with it: lack of support right out of the gate and lets not get started on those memory cards that are 4x the price of SD cards for the given storage.

There's a reason why the Vita is dead outside of Japan.

supergokublitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By supergokublitz
Member since 2005 • 651 Posts

@svaubel said:

@supergokublitz said:

If you get one I suggest doing so soon. Almost every store in my area that sells Vita stuff has so little shelf space for it its hard to find it sometimes. And with Sony stating last year that to them it is a $200 PS4 controller, I would not be surprised if retailers stopped carrying it entirely by the end of 2015.

It is good hardware. but sony has made some awful mistakes with it: lack of support right out of the gate and lets not get started on those memory cards that are 4x the price of SD cards for the given storage.

There's a reason why the Vita is dead outside of Japan.

Yeah the awful support at launch is why I ditched it the first time. There was only so much uncharted, unit 13 and wipeout I could stand.

monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

Probably turned them into ps4 games lol .I'm so sick of those franchises. main reason I don't have a ps4 yet

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60681 Posts

I doubt we'll see another Sony handheld.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#67 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

oh man! This sucks!

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

Looking forward to seeing the open world horror game from Bend. Can't say I blame Sony for not wanting to develop anymore AAA Vita games. Great call on ND's part too with Uncharted, glad to see Sony listens to them.

This might be selfish but I'm happy about this. Fewer devs making games for the Vita means more support for the PS4.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60681 Posts

@tymeservesfate:

Well what is MS if PS4 has more retail games and games overall?

Lol

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#70  Edited By 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@kratosyoloswag said:

Looking forward to seeing the open world horror game from Bend. Can't say I blame Sony for not wanting to develop anymore AAA Vita games. Great call on ND's part too with Uncharted, glad to see Sony listens to them.

This might be selfish but I'm happy about this. Fewer devs making games for the Vita means more support for the PS4.

I definitely want Sony's main studios on PS4.

But I do wish they still had some room for at least a few more exclusives. Not even having Gran Turismo is really waving the white flag... I'm assuming Gran Turismo PSP sold pretty well?

That being said, for as little handheld gaming as I do, Vita's library is already big enough for me.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

@lostrib said:

dat support

lolvita

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13636 Posts

@speedfog said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Sony treats their Vita owners worse than MS treated the X1 early adopters. MS continually dropped the price and Kinect. That sucks, but Sony dropped Vita like it was a bad joke.

You're going off topic.

Not really, the op is saying these big budget retail games have been cancelled or they were never green lit or whatever and that's pretty unacceptable. These are the sort of games people signed up for when they dropped £280 on the console.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Misleading title... Sony didn't cancel those games, those were just ideas which Sony didn't authorize/approve.. I am sure if all 'ideas' for possible games were approved by Publishers we'd have 1000 games released a month on all systems lol

What does concern me is the lack of support for the PSVita from Sony..It is a great handheld but definitely needs more exclusives !!

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Get off of S.S. Vita while you can.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17779 Posts

i really really wish nintendo made the vita.

it is, without exception, the best portable device to play games on. but when the manufacturer is just not bothering with games then what chance does it have?

saw the neogaf thread there though...still a few gems i may get for the vita this year.

this really tarnishes sonys reputation for long term support for their patforms. they dug their heels in with the PS3 was tanking but they just didnt bother with the vita.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Looking forward on playing Re: Revelations 2 on it.

SonySoldier-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 SonySoldier-_-
Member since 2012 • 1186 Posts

The developers tweet hinted that they moved the development for Gravity Rush 2 to PS4. So it wouldn't surprise me at all if they cancelled the Vita version. I think the sequel will have a lot more potential on a console anyway.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

I say good move by Sony, VITA is dead weight and it would be a waste of resource to make AAA games for it.

And none of this should a surprise because last year Sony them selves said that they will cut AAA type of support from the VITA.

You cant bash them now for something they told us a year ago that they going to do.

I can understand some people being mad and saying SONY is wrong, but those are the people who care for the VITA. Im not in that group, so I see this as a good move by SONY in not wasting time and effort on a dead system.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts
@Malta_1980 said:

Misleading title... Sony didn't cancel those games, those were just ideas which Sony didn't authorize/approve.. I am sure if all 'ideas' for possible games were approved by Publishers we'd have 1000 games released a month on all systems lol

What does concern me is the lack of support for the PSVita from Sony..It is a great handheld but definitely needs more exclusives !!

That's what I said. It's not an accurate title or OP with the word "canceled" because as you noticed we would have 1000 games released a month. Companies don't have infinity resources. Bend couldn't make all four of these games and also make the games they created. It's a team of 40.

So many ideas, so little time. :P

@LJS9502_basic said:

That's not really cancelled....it's ideas that didn't develop.

That's correct.

In fact, all the gaming companies have games that weren't greenlit. Probably thousands. There have been way more than just four non-greenlit games for Vita.

kloko4i1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 kloko4i1
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

I do not know what to say I just started crying. I am not joking I am crying at the moment.

kloko4i1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 kloko4i1
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Man F... naughty dog. I want a new uncharted vita game

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

The guy sounds jaded AF. Ex-dev makes sense I suppose. I call tales from his ass but wouldn't be surprised about the Vita stuff. The thing isn't selling, I own a glorious OLED vita and I'd love more content for it but I also know people aren't buying the damn thing. If you're buying one this late there are a lot of games to buy for it, so it isn't that. I have like 60+ games on it. God bless importing that 64GB card from Hong Kong. Not to mention they already released one Uncharted for and I can only assume how poorly that sold.

It's basically the Dreamcast of handhelds right now.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@charizard1605:

Well, that's often the life of a (gaming) software dev.....Take what you love and bastardize it... or mutate it into something else..... Or find another job.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#84  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33098 Posts

@2Chalupas said:

@kratosyoloswag said:

I definitely want Sony's main studios on PS4.

But I do wish they still had some room for at least a few more exclusives. Not even having Gran Turismo is really waving the white flag... I'm assuming Gran Turismo PSP sold pretty well?

That being said, for as little handheld gaming as I do, Vita's library is already big enough for me.

They won't make much money off any exclusive they make on that console.Any exclusive sony publishes for the platform will probably have to be from an indie developer or have a really really low budget. Games are capped at around a 500K-600K(maybe less) LTD for the vita now which will probably prevent some vita developers from making money from any game they publish on that platform I don't think a single vita game(besides maybe Uncharted Golden Abyss) has sold over a million yet, but no has revealed actually sales data that tells us which vita games are selling the best now.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18782 Posts

@Ghost120x said:

The fact that the console is called Vita is quite ironic.

Vita is a dumb name. What was wrong with PSP2?

@Heirren said:

I still think Vita would have taken off if sony gave it phone functionality. It would be the phone for all gamers, really.

It would of been too expensive and battery life would suck.