Sony buys Nintendo Wii U Factory

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (3175 posts) -

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/01/28/sony-finalizes-plans-to-acquire-factory-producing-nintendo-wii-us-dram-chip/

So, Sony buys Nintendo Wii U factory which means Nintendo needs to find new company to make Wii U DRAM Chip or else Nintendo can´t make any Wii U consoles.

Smart Sony. Buy Nintendo Wii U factory and kill Nintendo just like Sony killed Sega.

#2 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (3175 posts) -

Clearly, Nintendo is at weakest position right now. Its smart to attack and kill Nintendo. Its easier to kill wonder guy than a normal guy. Same thing with Nintendo.

It's Nothing Personal, It's Just Business

#3 Posted by l34052 (3309 posts) -

Nintendo wont fail they'll just find another fabrication plant, theres plenty around the world that would be happy to take a contract from nintendo to produce some of the internals of their console.

#4 Posted by getyeryayasout (8412 posts) -

When you use Qtips, never insert them into the ear canal, and stop immediately when you feel resistance; don't keep pushing. I hope this helps, good luck.

#5 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (3175 posts) -

@l34052 said:

Nintendo wont fail they'll just find another fabrication plant, theres plenty around the world that would be happy to take a contract from nintendo to produce some of the internals of their console.

This forces Nintendo to pay even more money and losing even more.

#6 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27927 posts) -

You are stretching with this s***.

#7 Edited by l34052 (3309 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@l34052 said:

Nintendo wont fail they'll just find another fabrication plant, theres plenty around the world that would be happy to take a contract from nintendo to produce some of the internals of their console.

This forces Nintendo to pay even more money and losing even more.

The article does say nintendo were aware of the closure/buy out before it happened so im sure they have something in place, this wont really affect them im sure.

#8 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (3175 posts) -

@l34052 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@l34052 said:

Nintendo wont fail they'll just find another fabrication plant, theres plenty around the world that would be happy to take a contract from nintendo to produce some of the internals of their console.

This forces Nintendo to pay even more money and losing even more.

The article does say nintendo were aware of the closure/buy out before it happened so im sure they have something in place, this wont really affect them im sure.

I guess you don´t own a company at all. I do. Clearly not work like that. Nintendo loses even more money if they want new company to make new chips which means even bigger loss for NINTENDO.

EVEN MORE MONEY LOSS = BIGGER DAMAGE TO NINTENDO

#9 Posted by Heil68 (46825 posts) -

They'll find another manufacturer and the article states they have a s sizeable stock of them.

#10 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (26246 posts) -

this just means they'll have to switch manufacturers or whatever.

It's not going to stop Nintendo.

#11 Edited by silversix_ (15909 posts) -

Sony 2013: "Nintendo is important to us"

Sony 2014: Lets buy Nintendo's shit

Sony 2015: We won get rekt

#12 Posted by Shewgenja (10812 posts) -

OP, you really need to understand how business works. It's not like Sony soldiers have surrounded the building with AK47s and rocket launchers forcing Nintendo to sell the place. It was clearly a sale of a distressed asset.

#13 Edited by Telekill (5058 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife: I'm actually of the belief that it was Microsoft that killed Sega. Not Sony. Sure, the hype train for PS2 was massive but I think that it was simply that the industry can't support more than 3 systems at a time. At least not profitably. So when Xbox entered the fray and became popular with Halo, it was enough to end Dreamcast which was Sega's last ditch effort to become profitable after the failure of Sega CD, 32X and Saturn.

#14 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (8016 posts) -

@l34052 said:

Nintendo wont fail they'll just find another fabrication plant, theres plenty around the world that would be happy to take a contract from nintendo to produce some of the internals of their console.

This. For all we know, Nintendo already has another supplier lined up.

#15 Posted by Shewgenja (10812 posts) -

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

@l34052 said:

Nintendo wont fail they'll just find another fabrication plant, theres plenty around the world that would be happy to take a contract from nintendo to produce some of the internals of their console.

This. For all we know, Nintendo already has another supplier lined up.

For all we know, they have enough parts to keep their supply chain up with no issues.

#16 Posted by no-scope-AK47 (3052 posts) -

Sounds like a win-win for both IMO. Nintendo overestimated the demand for the wii u and Sony underestimated the demand for the ps4. I see nothing wrong here unless the price is the problem.

#17 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (5136 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

OP, you really need to understand how business works. It's not like Sony soldiers have surrounded the building with AK47s and rocket launchers forcing Nintendo to sell the place. It was clearly a sale of a distressed asset.

When you say "Sony soldiers" do you mean the Sony Defence Force aka cows? Because I could imagine that happening.

#18 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

companies sing contracts and when they do they put a timeline on there. IF one company wish to stop well prepare to pay

SO with that being said, when someone buys a company they also inherit any current contracts, debt and what ever else

#19 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (5136 posts) -
@k2theswiss said:

companies send contracts and when they do they put a time line on there. IF one company wish to stop well prepare to pay

SO with that being said, when someone buys a company they also inherit any current contracts

Could there be circumstance related clauses?

#20 Posted by Suppaman100 (4331 posts) -

Someone know why they bought it?

#22 Posted by Shielder7 (5185 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@l34052 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@l34052 said:

Nintendo wont fail they'll just find another fabrication plant, theres plenty around the world that would be happy to take a contract from nintendo to produce some of the internals of their console.

This forces Nintendo to pay even more money and losing even more.

The article does say nintendo were aware of the closure/buy out before it happened so im sure they have something in place, this wont really affect them im sure.

I guess you don´t own a company at all. I do. Clearly not work like that. Nintendo loses even more money if they want new company to make new chips which means even bigger loss for NINTENDO.

EVEN MORE MONEY LOSS = BIGGER DAMAGE TO NINTENDO

Selling used underwear in your moms basement on ebay doesn't count as a company.

#23 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (3175 posts) -

wow. looks like nobody owns here company than me. wow just wow.

i cant bealive how stupid so many people can be. No wondering why you so poor

#24 Posted by bobbetybob (19297 posts) -
@farrell2k said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@l34052 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@l34052 said:

Nintendo wont fail they'll just find another fabrication plant, theres plenty around the world that would be happy to take a contract from nintendo to produce some of the internals of their console.

This forces Nintendo to pay even more money and losing even more.

The article does say nintendo were aware of the closure/buy out before it happened so im sure they have something in place, this wont really affect them im sure.

I guess you don´t own a company at all. I do. Clearly not work like that. Nintendo loses even more money if they want new company to make new chips which means even bigger loss for NINTENDO.

EVEN MORE MONEY LOSS = BIGGER DAMAGE TO NINTENDO

I get the impression that you are like 12...

His company is a lemonade stand.

#25 Posted by Shewgenja (10812 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

wow. looks like nobody owns here company than me. wow just wow.

i cant bealive how stupid so many people can be. No wondering why you so poor

Owning a vending machine or two doesn't exactly give you an automatic MBA. Just saying.

#26 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (18328 posts) -

I think this is Funny

#27 Edited by super600 (31038 posts) -

Sony is using this company to help produce some of their mobile products.They won;t use this company to produce more components for their gaming products.And since another user posted a thread about this topic before you this thread will be locked.