Sony Announces PlayStation Vita Jumbo (February 11, ¥24,990)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by chcolatecookies (42 posts) -

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan has abruptly announced a new SKU for its PlayStation Vita handheld, the PlayStation Vita Jumbo.

With a screen that is 6.5 inches across, and controls that slide into view similarly to the PSP Go, the system's form factor is like that of a smaller tablet.

The PlayStation Vita Jumbo is currently confirmed only for Japan, with a February 11, 2014 release date, and a retail price of ¥24,990. The new model launches less than a year after the PlayStation Vita Slim and the PlayStation Vita TV, both of which have still not been confirmed for a western release, launched in Japan.

IGN

Okay, at this point it feels like Sony's just making any and everything they can with the Vita name, and throwing it up against the wall to see what sticks. The tablet idea sounds interesting though, maybe the new form factor will be more appealing to the west?

#2 Posted by ELJUDEZ (7389 posts) -

404 page not found.

#3 Edited by mariokart64fan (19805 posts) -

rotflol that's exactly what their doing, - but it wont stick because the vita still has no games

#4 Posted by silversix_ (16604 posts) -

"Okay, at this point it feels like Sony's just making any and everything they can with the Vita name, and throwing it up against the wall to see what sticks" Some1 should suggest this to Nintendo as well.

#5 Edited by Muffin2020 (534 posts) -

Looks quite interesting from what you said. Unfortunately your link is broken.

#6 Posted by gago-gago (9959 posts) -

Who does Sony think they are when it comes to handhelds, Nintendo? Another Playstation system flop incomng.

#7 Posted by charizard1605 (62705 posts) -

lolwat

#8 Edited by Heil68 (48394 posts) -

That's like a Nintendo 2DS

#9 Posted by bobbetybob (19307 posts) -

Link doesn't work and I can't find news on this anywhere else so I'm gonna assume you've made this up.

#10 Edited by charizard1605 (62705 posts) -

@mariokart64fan said:

rotflol that's exactly what their doing, - but it wont stick because the vita still has no games

Are you stupid? The Vita has an incredible amount of games, it could stop getting games tomorrow, and it would take me more than a year just to clear my backlog.

@Heil68 said:

That's like a Nintendo 2DS

Slider controls, sounds like PSP Go, but with a tablet form factor.

#11 Edited by Bigboi500 (31610 posts) -

Fake. *yawns*

#12 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@ELJUDEZ said:

404 page not found.

#13 Posted by stereointegrity (10896 posts) -

fake guys

#14 Edited by StrifeDelivery (1806 posts) -

What about the Playstation Vita Wumbo?

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/31300000/Wumbo-wumbo-31393689-750-600.jpg

#15 Posted by whiskeystrike (12096 posts) -

kek i trol u xD

#16 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

The link doesn't work because ti was confirmed fake and removed from IGN

#17 Edited by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

Guys the Vita is already the size of the 3DS XL, they obviously aren't going to make a bigger one lol.

#18 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3279 posts) -

Thought this was another charizard thread for a sec.

#19 Edited by super600 (31205 posts) -

Since the link you posted in the OP gives me a 404 error then what you posted TC is fake I will now have to lock this thread.If you have proof that sony is actually creating a new version of the vita that is similar to what you described in your OP TC please PM me.