Sony and Microsoft's numbers BOTH "Sold to Retailers"

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by regnaston (161 posts) -
#2 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1246 posts) -

The difference X1s are available everywhere and ps4s are extremely hard to find.

#3 Posted by Nengo_Flow (8780 posts) -

whats with the new accounts lately?

#4 Edited by lostrib (26260 posts) -

No duh

#5 Edited by regnaston (161 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow: I wanted to talk about Nextgen consoles. Been a member for a week or so.

#6 Posted by regnaston (161 posts) -
#7 Posted by SolidTy (40382 posts) -

This.

#8 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4115 posts) -

@regnaston:

You might want to move out of the sticks then. Look online. You will not see a major retailer with the Xbone sold out.

#9 Edited by tymeservesfate (1334 posts) -

i like the new accounts. they bring spice :)

ps4 numbers are numbers sold to retailers as well you say....hmmm

#10 Edited by Desmonic (10345 posts) -

This thread is a couple of weeks late...

#11 Edited by Nonstop-Madness (9325 posts) -

http://us.playstation.com/corporate/about/press-release/ps4-global-cumulative-sales-surpass-4-2-million.html

"Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. today announced that cumulative sales of the PlayStation®4 (PS4™) computer entertainment system have reached 4.2 million*1 as of December 28, 2013, demonstrating the explosive growth of the PS4 platform."

1. Number of retail sales to consumers is estimated by SCEI.

Companies can make a pretty good estimate of how many units are actually sold to consumers. Especially if it's difficult to keep up with demand.

#12 Posted by Shewgenja (6844 posts) -

Oh look, this thread again..

Meanwhile, 1 out of every 4 Xbone didnt sell.

#13 Edited by stereointegrity (10529 posts) -

Sorry but Sonys is sold to consumer regarding the 4.2 million

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/01/07/playstation-4-sales-reached-4-2-million-by-end-of-2013/

#14 Posted by indigenous_euphoria (105 posts) -

The difference X1s are available everywhere and ps4s are extremely hard to find.

Both the Game Stops by my house have Ps4's available

#15 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1246 posts) -
#16 Posted by regnaston (161 posts) -

@regnaston:

You might want to move out of the sticks then. Look online. You will not see a major retailer with the Xbone sold out.

Greater Toronto Area

#17 Edited by Bigboi500 (27902 posts) -

In my area there are plenty of both systems available everywhere.

#18 Posted by tormentos (15294 posts) -

http://venturebeat.com/2014/01/29/nintendo-sold-2-4m-wii-u-consoles-in-9-months-less-than-sony-and-microsoft-sold-in-six-weeks/

First paragraph

Nintendo said today it sold just 2.4 million Wii U video game consoles in the nine months that ended Dec. 31. That was far less than the 4.2 million that Sony sold (to retailers) and the 3.9 million Microsoft sold in just six weeks.

So MS sold 3.9 to people because it doesn't say retailers...lol

Since December 24 or so there are no PS4 to buys in NA or world wide so yeah sony sold 4.2 million to costumers..

House said the number of systems sold-through — that is, purchased by consumers, not just shipped to stores — has doubled, surpassing 4.2 million units

http://techland.time.com/2014/01/07/playstation-4-doubles-down-sells-4-2-million-units-worldwide/

Owned..

#19 Edited by The-Apostle (11915 posts) -

So, basically the PS4 and XB1 have only been out for a couple months yet outsold the Wii U, despite having been out for over a year. WTF, Nintendo?! smh

#20 Posted by tormentos (15294 posts) -
#21 Posted by Snugenz (11114 posts) -

Lately...

#22 Posted by I_can_haz (5704 posts) -

No Sony's numbers are sold to customers and the proof is in the fact that you can't find PS4s anywhere. MS shipped 3.9 million but were only able to sell 3 million to customers according to their numbers. What's wih lems denying this fact lately? Repeating bullshit many times won't make it a fact. When will you rodents learn?

#23 Edited by NFJSupreme (4540 posts) -

Does it matter? Just like last Gen both consoles will sell well to the point that only fan boys will care who sold more than who.

#24 Posted by joel_c17 (2763 posts) -

this

#25 Edited by tymeservesfate (1334 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@tymeservesfate said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

i like the new accounts. they bring spice :)

ps4 numbers are numbers sold to retailers as well you say....hmmm

House said the number of systems sold-through — that is, purchased by consumers, not just shipped to stores — has doubled, surpassing 4.2 million units

http://techland.time.com/2014/01/07/playstation-4-doubles-down-sells-4-2-million-units-worldwide/

lol...

so the systems continue selling after the company releases their sales numbers you say....ASTOUNDING!! lol

also the OP's article is 20 days older than yours, smh.

#26 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (4607 posts) -

Sony has traditionally pulled out the "shipped" card. I am surprised the MS has done the same this time.

#27 Edited by kuu2 (6409 posts) -

Sony's financial meeting will be very soon so all numbers will be made public shortly.

#28 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1246 posts) -

@kuu2: are you sure you are prepared for that? They are probably around 5.5m

#29 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (4607 posts) -

Excellent point Nengo. Who are these people???

#30 Posted by BlessedChill (676 posts) -
#31 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9325 posts) -

Seeing that people are somehow ignoring this, I'll post it again.

http://us.playstation.com/corporate/about/press-release/ps4-global-cumulative-sales-surpass-4-2-million.html

"Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. today announced that cumulative sales of the PlayStation®4 (PS4™) computer entertainment system have reached 4.2 million*1 as of December 28, 2013, demonstrating the explosive growth of the PS4 platform."

Sony's number IS NOT shipped to retailers.

#32 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (15952 posts) -

/THREAD!!!!

#33 Posted by kuu2 (6409 posts) -

Sony's financial meeting will be very soon so all numbers will be made public shortly.

Seeing that people are somehow ignoring this, I'll post it again.

Sony's number IS NOT shipped to retailers.

So again that number is absolutely based on nothing but a hunch.

#34 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1246 posts) -

@kuu2: give us your hunch. How much do you think Sony sold worldwide?

#35 Posted by kuu2 (6409 posts) -

@kuu2: are you sure you are prepared for that? They are probably around 5.5m

After two months of sales into a 8-10 year cycle if that is the case so be it. So far though we have not seen any number from them based on facts.

#36 Posted by StrongBlackVine (7799 posts) -

I'm more interested in the numbers for January to see if Xbone sales have take a nose dive. I expect PS4 to have more sales in just about every country including the US.

#37 Posted by k2theswiss (16217 posts) -

oooo no there goes cows 4.2....

#38 Posted by kuu2 (6409 posts) -

@kuu2: give us your hunch. How much do you think Sony sold worldwide?

I really would not have any idea. If their estimate is that they had sold 4.2 by Dec 28 and if 5.5 million is the number shipped it means there is a hell of a lot of PauperStation4s sitting somewhere. The number that Sony will disclose on their quarterly call will be shipped for 2013 not lifetime (no January numbers will be included).

#39 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1246 posts) -

@kuu2: that's the thing...there arent ps4s sitting anywhere..its pretty safe to assume shipped is very close to sold

#40 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (4607 posts) -

StormyJoes alt. @FoxbatAlpha:

how the hell can a alt have 3300 posts. This is me brah. there are more than one lem around here.

#41 Posted by kuu2 (6409 posts) -

@kuu2: that's the thing...there arent ps4s sitting anywhere..its pretty safe to assume shipped is very close to sold

You missed my point entirely.

#42 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4115 posts) -

@regnaston:

Then maybe they hoed out Canada but here in the states, they just sit.

#43 Posted by ButDuuude (294 posts) -

4.2 sold to retailers and 4.2 sold by retailers.

#44 Edited by BlessedChill (676 posts) -
#45 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (2194 posts) -

"1. Number of retail sales to consumers is estimated by SCEI."

VentureBeat needs to learn to read the small print.

#46 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

Yet the PS4 is in 3 times as many countries.........and I see PS4's out in the wild all the time. Move out of the sticks.

#47 Edited by stereointegrity (10529 posts) -

@PinkieWinkie said:

Yet the PS4 is in 3 times as many countries.........and I see PS4's out in the wild all the time. Move out of the sticks.

easier to pump 13 countries then it is 50

#48 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1246 posts) -

@timbers_WSU: I live in a populated city. They are also scarce online at the retail price. Explain that shit Sherlock. Yes the ps4s is available in more countries because they are actually wanted there. The x1 is primarily a US console

#49 Posted by tormentos (15294 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

So again that number is absolutely based on nothing but a hunch.

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

A hunch....hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

And you claim we are the clowns of software wars.lol

#50 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (749 posts) -

@BlessedChill said:

@FoxbatAlpha: no not you. TC is stormy joes alt.

seriously stop guessing already and enjoy your lame ass Pauperstation 4 cretin but good luck with the games, theres none.