Sonic Gets Reviewed!

• 95 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Oemenia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

User Lists: 0

#51 Oemenia
Member since 2003 • 10416 Posts
[QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"][QUOTE="HappyInvader101"][QUOTE="hellsing321"][QUOTE="white_sox"]8.7-4.4 = 4.3
9.2-4.3 = 4.9

So Sonic will get 4.9?
HappyInvader101
It'd still be the best Next Gen Sonic out there :P

thats so sad, especially if it happens. Why did you have to sink so low sonic? All your 2d titles owned, and Sonic adventure 1 and 2 were...umm ok

Sonic Adventure 1&2 were more than ok. They were awesome. Go look at the Dreamcast versions. Heroes was Ok.

Is there really that much of a differance between versions? At the time, when they came out on gamecube, i thought that they were off the hook, looking back at them, they were decent, nothing amazing, but nothing crappy

One game is on the 360 and PS3, so all it will ever be is graphics and nothing more. It just cant be physically good, not matter what. But when its on Wii, the console gives it the midas touch and it immediately turns to revolutionary stuff!
mis3ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 mis3ry
Member since 2004 • 5664 Posts
[QUOTE="HappyInvader101"][QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"][QUOTE="HappyInvader101"][QUOTE="hellsing321"][QUOTE="white_sox"]8.7-4.4 = 4.3
9.2-4.3 = 4.9

So Sonic will get 4.9?
Oemenia

thats so sad, especially if it happens. Why did you have to sink so low sonic? All your 2d titles owned, and Sonic adventure 1 and 2 were...umm ok

Sonic Adventure 1&2 were more than ok. They were awesome. Go look at the Dreamcast versions. Heroes was Ok.

Is there really that much of a differance between versions? At the time, when they came out on gamecube, i thought that they were off the hook, looking back at them, they were decent, nothing amazing, but nothing crappy

One game is on the 360 and PS3, so all it will ever be is graphics and nothing more. It just cant be physically good, not matter what. But when its on Wii, the console gives it the midas touch and it immediately turns to revolutionary stuff!

He was talking about the Dreamcast/GC versions of SA1 and 2. Just leave, your flamebaiting is pathetic.
Oemenia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Oemenia
[QUOTE="Oemenia"][QUOTE="kansasdude2009"][QUOTE="white_sox"]8.7-4.4 = 4.3
9.2-4.3 = 4.9

So Sonic will get 4.9?
kansasdude2009

ya, probably... :

XBOX 360/PS3 Game = 1 Wii Equivalent = 11/10 Dont deny it.

im still waiting for my non-nintendo link....

This is common knowledge, remember the very little information about the Wii back in E3 05 and how it was touted to be the size of 3 DVD cases. Im being serious, but Nintendo has stressed this notion before.
Oemenia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Oemenia
[QUOTE="Oemenia"][QUOTE="HappyInvader101"][QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"][QUOTE="HappyInvader101"][QUOTE="hellsing321"][QUOTE="white_sox"]8.7-4.4 = 4.3
9.2-4.3 = 4.9

So Sonic will get 4.9?
mis3ry

He was talking about the Dreamcast/GC versions of SA1 and 2. Just leave, your flamebaiting is pathetic.

Ok fine, i take all that crap back, yeah i was being a tard, but im just highlighting how anything Nintendo nowadays is hyped beyond belief. Remember how any random Wii preview was an example of how godly the console was?
Sig12047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 Sig12047
Member since 2004 • 4194 Posts
The IGN previews were extremely positive. I expected that they would give it a high score, but the only problem would be if they liked it more than everybody else. If I remember correctly, I think the previews here were positive too. Sega has to put out a good Sonic game or there really will be a problem.
mis3ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 mis3ry
[QUOTE="mis3ry"][QUOTE="Oemenia"][QUOTE="HappyInvader101"][QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"][QUOTE="HappyInvader101"][QUOTE="hellsing321"][QUOTE="white_sox"]8.7-4.4 = 4.3
9.2-4.3 = 4.9

So Sonic will get 4.9?
Oemenia

Ok fine, i take all that crap back, yeah i was being a tard, but im just highlighting how anything Nintendo nowadays is hyped beyond belief. Remember how any random Wii preview was an example of how godly the console was?

It's irrelevant to this topic anyways :| He wasn't hyping Sonic Wii by that review, and he has clearly stated that numerous times throughout this thread, including the first post where he said that it doesn't really mean anything since the same source gave Sonic '06 an 8.7.
kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#57 kansasdude2009
Member since 2006 • 11802 Posts
[QUOTE="kansasdude2009"][QUOTE="Oemenia"][QUOTE="kansasdude2009"][QUOTE="white_sox"]8.7-4.4 = 4.3
9.2-4.3 = 4.9

So Sonic will get 4.9?
Oemenia

ya, probably... :

This is common knowledge, remember the very little information about the Wii back in E3 05 and how it was touted to be the size of 3 DVD cases. Im being serious, but Nintendo has stressed this notion before.

but can you prove it?
Moon_of_Majora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 Moon_of_Majora
Member since 2006 • 6065 Posts

I was excited...

and then I read the second line.

Ah! I knew it! Navi has returned!

Oemenia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Oemenia
The IGN previews were extremely positive. I expected that they would give it a high score, but the only problem would be if they liked it more than everybody else. If I remember correctly, I think the previews here were positive too. Sega has to put out a good Sonic game or there really will be a problem.Sig12047
Game looks fantastic in motion, but i was quite hyped about the 360 versions too, and look how that turned out. I guess we just have to wait, but this is definitely going to be better than the 360 and PS3 and will most likely be at least a decent game
Oemenia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Oemenia
[QUOTE="Oemenia"][QUOTE="kansasdude2009"][QUOTE="Oemenia"][QUOTE="kansasdude2009"][QUOTE="white_sox"]8.7-4.4 = 4.3
9.2-4.3 = 4.9

So Sonic will get 4.9?
kansasdude2009

ya, probably... :

but can you prove it?

I cant find the link, but ask a forumite here who has been around for a long time. I can assure you it was said in a GS article
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#61 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts

sonic revival with dreamcast graphics included......

palaric8
Those are Dreamcast graphics? Than what kind of graphics does that make these?
mis3ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 mis3ry
[QUOTE="Sig12047"]The IGN previews were extremely positive. I expected that they would give it a high score, but the only problem would be if they liked it more than everybody else. If I remember correctly, I think the previews here were positive too. Sega has to put out a good Sonic game or there really will be a problem.Oemenia
Game looks fantastic in motion, but i was quite hyped about the 360 versions too, and look how that turned out. I guess we just have to wait, but this is definitely going to be better than the 360 and PS3 and will most likely be at least a decent game

Haha, hopefully it will be decent :P And yea, definately better than the 360 versions (not that that's hard to do). I'm hoping it turns out well, just for Sonic's sake. I used to love that little blue hedgehog, and now look at what he's become :cry:
ssbfalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 ssbfalco
Member since 2005 • 1970 Posts
I still think that this game will be decent, despite what is said... My GS rating stands at 8.6 +/- 2, meaning anywhere from 8.4 to 8.8... And I've played every Sonic game in history... Even Sonic Labyrinth on the Game Gear... I have good faith in this game. Yes, I'm a Sonic fan and all yes, but I know a good game when I see one... And frankly, this one looks to be just the thing Sonic needs...
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#64 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
it may be a nintendo site but it links you to a different website that reviews games for all platforms. read first before you run your mouth.
kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 kansasdude2009
[QUOTE="Oemenia"][QUOTE="mis3ry"][QUOTE="Oemenia"][QUOTE="HappyInvader101"][QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"][QUOTE="HappyInvader101"][QUOTE="hellsing321"][QUOTE="white_sox"]8.7-4.4 = 4.3
9.2-4.3 = 4.9

So Sonic will get 4.9?
mis3ry

It's irrelevant to this topic anyways :| He wasn't hyping Sonic Wii by that review, and he has clearly stated that numerous times throughout this thread, including the first post where he said that it doesn't really mean anything since the same source gave Sonic '06 an 8.7.

and besides all of that... fanboys hype... its what they do. If I think Killzone is a Halo Killer or Fable will be the turning point of all RPG's then by god Im right!

Hyping... false hyping.... has never been new.
Oemenia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Oemenia
[QUOTE="Oemenia"][QUOTE="Sig12047"]The IGN previews were extremely positive. I expected that they would give it a high score, but the only problem would be if they liked it more than everybody else. If I remember correctly, I think the previews here were positive too. Sega has to put out a good Sonic game or there really will be a problem.mis3ry

Haha, hopefully it will be decent :P And yea, definately better than the 360 versions (not that that's hard to do). I'm hoping it turns out well, just for Sonic's sake. I used to love that little blue hedgehog, and now look at what he's become :cry:

Yeah Sonic 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> All other Sonic games. Both Dreamcast games were great, but they just never had that pick-up-and-play-blaze-through-the-levels gameplay. Heroes tried, but it was very deep or challenging was it, you could forgive a 2D game, but in this day and age?
Avatar image for TheCrimsonKoopa
TheCrimsonKoopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 TheCrimsonKoopa
Member since 2006 • 2031 Posts
I'm still hyping it like, 5.0 to 6.5.
TheCrimsonKoopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 TheCrimsonKoopa
[QUOTE="mis3ry"][QUOTE="Oemenia"][QUOTE="Sig12047"]The IGN previews were extremely positive. I expected that they would give it a high score, but the only problem would be if they liked it more than everybody else. If I remember correctly, I think the previews here were positive too. Sega has to put out a good Sonic game or there really will be a problem.Oemenia

Yeah Sonic 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> All other Sonic games. Both Dreamcast games were great, but they just never had that pick-up-and-play-blaze-through-the-levels gameplay. Heroes tried, but it was very deep or challenging was it, you could forgive a 2D game, but in this day and age?

I love the older Sonic games but I despise the new ones with a passion.
ssbfalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ssbfalco
[QUOTE="palaric8"]

sonic revival with dreamcast graphics included......

Hoffgod

THat's clearly not the Dreamcast version... Sonic wasn't shiny in the DC... That's Sonic Adventure DX... Slightly improved upon from the Dreamcast... Example...

Oemenia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Oemenia
[QUOTE="mis3ry"][QUOTE="Oemenia"][QUOTE="mis3ry"][QUOTE="Oemenia"][QUOTE="HappyInvader101"][QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"][QUOTE="HappyInvader101"][QUOTE="hellsing321"][QUOTE="white_sox"]8.7-4.4 = 4.3
9.2-4.3 = 4.9

So Sonic will get 4.9?
kansasdude2009

and besides all of that... fanboys hype... its what they do. If I think Killzone is a Halo Killer or Fable will be the turning point of all RPG's then by god Im right!

Trust me, go back to E3 06, SW was basically another Wii forum. Countless threads about how Wii is the saviour of the industry that is going to die or countless games immediately being dispelled as just graphics, or even how saying anything against it meant you arent 'hardcore.' The 360 has got an amazing library of games, had the best launch, the best Online service for games, and an Online service that just completely revolutionized console experiences in more than just gaming but in many other ways is being dwarfed by strictly mediocre games is a worrying sign.
palaric8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#72 palaric8
Member since 2006 • 2246 Posts
[QUOTE="Hoffgod"][QUOTE="palaric8"]

ssbfalco

THat's clearly not the Dreamcast version... Sonic wasn't shiny in the DC... That's Sonic Adventure DX... Slightly improved upon from the Dreamcast... Example...

holy god the wii looks worse than the dreamcast!
TheCrimsonKoopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 TheCrimsonKoopa
[QUOTE="ssbfalco"][QUOTE="Hoffgod"][QUOTE="palaric8"]

palaric8

But the gameplay. :(
Suyomizzle_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#74 Suyomizzle_
Member since 2005 • 1317 Posts
Yeah... hopefully, however, it will score that high at other places. This could be the first true revival of the Sonic franchise and that is incredibly exciting.
kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 kansasdude2009
[QUOTE="kansasdude2009"][QUOTE="mis3ry"][QUOTE="Oemenia"][QUOTE="mis3ry"][QUOTE="Oemenia"][QUOTE="HappyInvader101"][QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"][QUOTE="HappyInvader101"][QUOTE="hellsing321"][QUOTE="white_sox"]8.7-4.4 = 4.3
9.2-4.3 = 4.9

So Sonic will get 4.9?
Oemenia

Trust me, go back to E3 06, SW was basically another Wii forum. Countless threads about how Wii is the saviour of the industry that is going to die or countless games immediately being dispelled as just graphics, or even how saying anything against it meant you arent 'hardcore.' The 360 has got an amazing library of games, had the best launch, the best Online service for games, and an Online service that just completely revolutionized console experiences in more than just gaming but in many other ways is being dwarfed by strictly mediocre games is a worrying sign.

Ya, I could believe it (but can you prove it... jk).

The 360 is the best overall system, I agree. Best launch can be arguable (I personally liked the Wii's better). Best library, and the best online... I agree.

But the Wii is offering something completely different than the others are, so why all the hate? If anything, the Wii is a non-factor because its so different, it lets the other two battle it out. The wii is just as amazing as any other console out there including the 360 becuase it offers something that the competition doesn't. If I wanted a Blu-Ray player and FF13... I would buy a PS3. If I wanted Mario and a Wii-mote... I would buy a Wii. Different interests suit different people, so... if a person wants to say that the Wii will revolutionize gaming.... let them. Its only an opinion.

ssbfalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ssbfalco
[QUOTE="ssbfalco"][QUOTE="Hoffgod"][QUOTE="palaric8"]

palaric8

I'd love to see the Dreamcast try to run Secret Rings...
palaric8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 palaric8
Member since 2006 • 2246 Posts
[QUOTE="palaric8"][QUOTE="ssbfalco"][QUOTE="Hoffgod"][QUOTE="palaric8"]

TheCrimsonKoopa

But the gameplay. :(

probably is going to be better on the dreamcast too =(
Hockey_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Hockey_Slayer
Member since 2004 • 3213 Posts
bad source but I hope it still does good.
Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#79 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts

sonic needs his own good game, i feel bad for the poor guy

:cry:

RAZZY_B
Same here, haha.
SSJ2_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 SSJ2_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 489 Posts
[QUOTE="mis3ry"][QUOTE="kansasdude2009"]Sonic's_First_Review - 9.2/10

only 1 problem.... they gave Sonic for the Xbox a 8.7 :S
kansasdude2009
I was excited until I read that :(

im sharing your :(

COME ON SONIC!!!! YOU CAN BE GOOD!!!!!!!!!

why the :( ? 8.7 is still good, real good
Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#81 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
[QUOTE="kansasdude2009"][QUOTE="mis3ry"][QUOTE="kansasdude2009"]Sonic's_First_Review - 9.2/10

SSJ2_Cloud

The Xbox 360 version was garbage. That's why.
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 poopinloop32
Member since 2006 • 4949 Posts
Great it got a 9.2..now just divide in half and thats what I hype it:P
zh666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 165

#83 zh666
Member since 2005 • 5068 Posts
[QUOTE="kansasdude2009"][QUOTE="mis3ry"][QUOTE="kansasdude2009"]Sonic's_First_Review - 9.2/10

SSJ2_Cloud

Sonic for the 360 was really bad, them giving it a good score just makes the new review seem fanboyish
StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#84 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts
I really hope it's deserving of a 9.2
kukukuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 kukukuk
Member since 2005 • 2406 Posts
I hope I agree with their opinion!
IIRubenII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#86 IIRubenII
Member since 2005 • 2734 Posts
Never link me to a nintendo site again.

Nike_Air
Lol...
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#87 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

sonic needs his own good game, i feel bad for the poor guy

:cry:

RAZZY_B
Sonic Rush... mostly 2D but with 3D boss fights. It's the best Sonic game I've played in EVER.
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 KeyWii
Member since 2006 • 4884 Posts
LAWL! Sonic fanboys much?
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#89 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

LAWL! Sonic fanboys much?KeyWii

Yes, we all know it can't possibly be goodand thus deserving of the score. :roll:

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#90 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
this.Game.Will.Own.
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 poopinloop32

[QUOTE="KeyWii"]LAWL! Sonic fanboys much?The_Game21x

Yes, we all know it can't possibly be goodand thus deserving of the score. :roll:

i dare you to play Sonic the Hedgehog and rate it over a 5
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#92 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="KeyWii"]LAWL! Sonic fanboys much?poopinloop32

i dare you to play Sonic the Hedgehog and rate it over a 5

We're not talking about Sonic the Hedgehog now are we?

I'm aware of the score that they gave Sonic 360/PS3, and I don't see that as being all that relevant.

Quofan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#93 Quofan
Member since 2005 • 1606 Posts

[QUOTE="renger6002"][QUOTE="Nike_Air"]Never link me to a nintendo site again.

Oemenia
they were quoting a TV show. Ignorance

Right on, anything against the only saviour against global warming the form of a games console known is the Wii is pure ignorance.

I dont mean to be rude, but you really have a serious problem with Sheep, dont you? Why is that? The only fanboys that do not deliberately troll or offend other GS users or in fact say offensive comments (save a small minority) unless in defense of thier console (which is constantly under attack from fanboys like yourself) and you seem to be deliberately targetting them :?

Did you have bad experiences with Sheep in the past or something? Your sarcastic comments do not offer anything resembling a valid point or argument, which even the blindest Lemming or Cow on here can at least offer, regardless of how biased their view may be.

poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 poopinloop32

[QUOTE="Oemenia"][QUOTE="renger6002"][QUOTE="Nike_Air"]Never link me to a nintendo site again.

Quofan

Right on, anything against the only saviour against global warming the form of a games console known is the Wii is pure ignorance.

I dont mean to be rude, but you really have a serious problem with Sheep, dont you? Why is that? The only fanboys that do not deliberately troll or offend other GS users or in fact say offensive comments (save a small minority) unless in defense of thier console (which is constantly under attack from fanboys like yourself) and you seem to be deliberately targetting them :?

Did you have bad experiences with Sheep in the past or something? Your sarcastic comments do not offer anything resembling a valid point or argument, which even the blindest Lemming or Cow on here can at least offer, regardless of how biased their view may be.

You call someone a fanboy but you just sucked up to Sheep.....
KJAX90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#95 KJAX90
Member since 2006 • 8809 Posts

A Nintendo site? No thank you. Your 'trusted' NGC gave Red Steel 9.2. Oh well, anything Nintendo to sheep is revolutionary. So yeah, go brag about how the sales are strong...Oemenia

Try and read next time. The story is on gonintendo, but they didn't give the review. People these days.

Quofan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#96 Quofan
Member since 2005 • 1606 Posts
[QUOTE="Quofan"]

[QUOTE="Oemenia"][QUOTE="renger6002"][QUOTE="Nike_Air"]Never link me to a nintendo site again.

poopinloop32

You call someone a fanboy but you just sucked up to Sheep.....

Actually im defending them because they are the least offensive fanboys, and this individual is needlessly being rude. Trust a typical fanboy like poop to deliberately twist things :roll:

So if I was to defend a Lemming against a BS opinion made by a trolling Cow, then I wouldnt be able to call that Cow a fanboy because defending a Lemming makes me a Lemming?

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#97 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts
That a great score, but I don't really trust reviewers that give sonic 360/PS3 a high score. I think I wait for more reviews to come out.