Sonic Boom Wii U Will Not have Online Multiplayer Experience

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (1831 posts) -

Looks like every multiplatform game does not support online Wii U version.

Well SEGA is doing right thing. Every multiplatform game has flopped on Wii U. No need to make even online when nobody is not buying game or playing online ever.

Even most popular Wii U games has online dead. Tried to find Call of Duty players, lol no players in Wii u version.

Good work Nintendo!

http://www.nintendonews.com/2014/02/segas-sonic-boom-wii-u-will-not-feature-online-multiplayer-experience/

#2 Posted by freedomfreak (38152 posts) -

"Living room experience focused"

Of course.

#3 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (24219 posts) -

Isn't Sonic Boom coming ONLY to WiiU?

#4 Edited by kingjazziephiz (2370 posts) -

Every game doesn't need online multiplayer

#5 Edited by finalfantasy94 (26157 posts) -

Thank god.Why do we need MP for this?

#6 Edited by MFDOOM1983 (8453 posts) -

@finalfantasy94 said:

Thank god.Why do we need MP for this?

I haven't read up on this game but the trailer lead me to believe that 4-player co-op is its main gimmick. Co-op and online go hand and hand. Well, at least on every other platform.

#7 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8571 posts) -

I thought this game was only coming to Wii U and 3DS, infact I'm certain thats the case.

#8 Posted by Bigboi500 (28804 posts) -

Only on Wii U. Fuck online, fuck Call of Duty.

#9 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149460 posts) -

Not every game has to be multi player....in fact some are better when they are not. I mean yeah...senseless shooters and racing games are better multi.....so play those.

#10 Edited by nintendoboy16 (25808 posts) -

Oh no! Lacking online in a game franchise with multiplayer that is generally not very good. Whatever shall I do? /sarcasm

Besides, online is better used for Sonic's more recent racing games anyway.

#11 Posted by charizard1605 (54361 posts) -

Sonic Boom is only on Wii U, you ninny

#12 Posted by nini200 (9375 posts) -

Isn't Sonic Boom coming ONLY to WiiU?

You expect the TC to do actual research? lol

#13 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9406 posts) -

lol, this game is not multiplat.

#14 Posted by AznbkdX (3113 posts) -

We don't need online MP for this.

Seriously... not every freaking game needs online MP.

#15 Posted by Slashkice (12980 posts) -

That seems pretty dumb for a game seemingly built around co-op.

#16 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (6001 posts) -

Precisely.

#17 Posted by DocSanchez (1395 posts) -

Not every game needs multiplayer sure, but some do. And games built around co op seem ideal.

More excuses.

#18 Edited by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

Can't say I'm surprised. Would be more surprised if it actually had online lol

#19 Edited by JigglyWiggly_ (23362 posts) -

i think it needs to have an experience first

#20 Posted by m_machine024 (14842 posts) -

Hmm....could have worked for that game tho.

#21 Posted by handssss (1623 posts) -

the amount of damage control here. It's a game DESIGNED with MP in mind. Just admit Nintendo needs to stop being a bunch of fucking dumbasses and embrace the fact that online play is a thing now and that we can't always huddle in front of a TV together in the same room.

#22 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2536 posts) -

@handssss: They probably should embrace online a bit more. That being said, Sonic's still made by Sega, so it's them you have an issue with.

#23 Edited by trugs26 (5112 posts) -

Every genre doesn't need online multiplayer ya know. I swear these mainstream FPS gamers think this should be the norm or something. They'd need to really design it a certain way for 3D platformers to work with online in a meaningful way (ie we don't know yet whether this game should have online or not, so we shouldn't criticise).

#24 Edited by chocolate1325 (32368 posts) -

Could have been it's redeeming quality oh well guess the downward spiral continues.

#25 Posted by kemar7856 (11506 posts) -

what happened to knuckles steroids?? or did he go to jail

#27 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (5884 posts) -

#28 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (10889 posts) -

Tried to find Call of Duty players, lol no players in Wii u version.

I know everyone will say "lol cod" "lol cod on wii u"

But that statement is full of it. I actually got Ghosts on Wii U. Finding matches is pretty easy. It is harder to get onto the less popular modes but as far as TDM, FFA, Dom, etc it's easy to get in a game.

Also, I'm not surprised but a really dumb decision. Seemed like a good game to have multi.

#29 Edited by gamefan67 (9831 posts) -

Sega is adopting the Nintendo mindset.

Acquisition imminent.

#30 Edited by super600 (29947 posts) -

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Its a joke... The trailer shows 4 characters on screen but the game only supports LOCAL 2 player co-op only?...

Also stop with the ignorant and defensive posts you retarded fanboys, this is a game clearly made for co-op... It not having online co-op is dumb, just like you guys

It supports up to 4. 2 characters max are on the screen when you are playing by yourself, but that probably has changed because of new details.

#31 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8571 posts) -

Now you have to wear pants and be near real people ! :o Oh THE HORROR !

Seriously though, get some friends, online co-op is just sad.

#32 Posted by nintendoboy16 (25808 posts) -

@handssss said:

the amount of damage control here. It's a game DESIGNED with MP in mind. Just admit Nintendo needs to stop being a bunch of fucking dumbasses and embrace the fact that online play is a thing now and that we can't always huddle in front of a TV together in the same room.

This was SEGA's decision. Not Nintendo. Blame the latter for another game.

#33 Posted by Speak_Low (734 posts) -

Good move by the devs. Online is big, important part of gaming, but not on Wii U.

Don't waste time making something Wii U owners won't even use.

Call of Duty Ghosts U is absolutely dead online. You see the same group of people. These are the last remaining survivors before Activision pulls out support.

Sonic Boom has everything set in place for online MP and even has co-op. This game isn't exactly "Beyond: Two Souls" which can't have online MP, lol

It's just that the Wii U is so dead it's not worth working harder at this point when past efforts have been so under-appreciated by Sheep.

#34 Edited by nintendoboy16 (25808 posts) -

Good move by the devs. Online is big, important part of gaming, but not on Wii U.

Don't waste time making something Wii U owners won't even use.

Call of Duty Ghosts U is absolutely dead online. You see the same group of people. These are the last remaining survivors before Activision pulls out support.

Sonic Boom has everything set in place for online MP and even has co-op. This game isn't exactly "Beyond: Two Souls" which can't have online MP, lol

It's just that the Wii U is so dead it's not worth working harder at this point when past efforts have been so under-appreciated by Sheep.

Because you CLEARLY give a crap at what developers do with a Nintendo console?

#35 Posted by DocSanchez (1395 posts) -
#36 Posted by HarlockJC (25546 posts) -

If I get the game, the only person I planed to play the game with was my son.

#37 Edited by DocSanchez (1395 posts) -

@HarlockJC: And this is true for everyone planning on getting the game so no worries.

#38 Edited by nintendoboy16 (25808 posts) -

@DocSanchez said:

@nintendoboy16: Boo hoo.

God forbid I call out any irony, especially from someone like Speak_Low who admitted to hating Nintendo to go out and say "their efforts have went underappreciated" when that is something only FANS say.

#39 Posted by DocSanchez (1395 posts) -

@nintendoboy16: That doesn't ring true. Just because he hates Nintendo does not mean he doesn't consider them to be a company who makes no effort and it does not follow that only a fan would say what he did at all.

#40 Edited by nintendoboy16 (25808 posts) -

@nintendoboy16: That doesn't ring true. Just because he hates Nintendo does not mean he doesn't consider them to be a company who makes no effort and it does not follow that only a fan would say what he did at all.

Which is funny, because he posts the exact opposite of that.

#41 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3164 posts) -

Oh man no multiplayer how awful game ruined

Said no one ever.

#42 Posted by schu (9216 posts) -

ouch...could you guys damage control harder? I don't personally know a single other person who owns the Wii U in my area and I am quite disappointed.

#43 Edited by Speak_Low (734 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@DocSanchez said:

Nintendo had way more potential and should be doing better. I can't stand their frustrating and stubborn decisions - many of them going back over a decade.

And I also can't stand bad damage control - so much of what I read carries so much bad reasoning and untruthfulness (and have been proven wrong many times) but are still used as excuses today.

Sheep say so many things don't matter. Sales (oh but they showed off Wii sales), hardware, online MP, third-party support, etc. Before you know it, they start naming off every feature a gaming console should have, so that we're left with a plain plastic box with no purpose - because according to Sheep nothing is important.

I am not siding with such absurd points of view, and this is a forum where we can challenge that.

I am also congratulating Sonic Boom dev 'Big Red Button' for saving their time. MP is important, but Nintendo didn't provide the audience for it to thrive like it should. Nintendo's fault.

Also, too many devs get brutally assaulted by Sheep (see them get hostile towards WB for pulling DLC when the sales were indeed awful and the decision made sense!). Big Red Button also have an ex Naughty Dog dev as a founder, so there is some extra (biased) sympathy there.

Nintendo on the other hand should rename their console to One Big Flop. You can't flop hard unless you have high potential and abilities to begin with. Nintendo flopped BAD!

#44 Edited by DocSanchez (1395 posts) -
#45 Edited by nintendoboy16 (25808 posts) -

@speak_low said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@DocSanchez said:

Nintendo had way more potential and should be doing better. I can't stand their frustrating and stubborn decisions - many of them going back over a decade.

And I also can't stand bad damage control - so much of what I read carries so much bad reasoning and untruthfulness (and have been proven wrong many times) but are still used as excuses today.

Sheep say so many things don't matter. Sales (oh but they showed off Wii sales), hardware, online MP, third-party support, etc. Before you know it, they start naming off every feature a gaming console should have, so that we're left with a plain plastic box with no purpose - because according to Sheep nothing is important.

I am not siding with such absurd points of view, and this is a forum where we can challenge that.

I am also congratulating Sonic Boom dev 'Big Red Button' for saving their time. MP is important, but Nintendo didn't provide the audience for it to thrive like it should. Nintendo's fault.

Also, too many devs get brutally assaulted by Sheep (see them get hostile towards WB for pulling DLC when the sales were indeed awful and the decision made sense!). Big Red Button also have an ex Naughty Dog dev as a founder, so there is some extra sympathy there.

Nintendo on the other hand should rename their console to One Big Flop. You can't flop hard unless you have high potential and abilities to begin with. Nintendo flopped BAD!

Your posts go beyond frustration. I'm fine if you have criticisms (hey, so do I) and I understand if Nintendo isn't your thing, but you go the extra mile. You've never brought up "potential" before, so I don't believe you.

And most other fandoms are ANY FREAKING BETTER? Must we forget what happened over the Bayonetta 2 fiasco? Must we forget about what happened to BioWare over the ME3 ending (which happened WAY before the Wii U version even released)? Because, yeah, only the sheep "brutally assault developers/publishers". Don't act like any non-sheep are on any higher ground on treating devs/pubs, because they really aren't.

#46 Edited by Shinobishyguy (22314 posts) -

You go speak_low. Keep tearing down that sheep boogieman. Maybe one day your strawmanning techniques will grow into something worth a damn

#47 Posted by MBirdy88 (7139 posts) -

.... games concept is about co-op play. no online. instantly alienates a LARGE ammount of people.

so why would you not include it? oh right... nintendo.

#48 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22314 posts) -

@MBirdy88: except nintendo isn't even making it

#49 Posted by MBirdy88 (7139 posts) -

@MBirdy88: except nintendo isn't even making it

don't have too.... the system's online infrastructure is terrible... no game really gets successful.

what... the only good MP game was mario kart wii last gen.

#50 Posted by DocSanchez (1395 posts) -

@Shinobishyguy: He puts a huge post full of salient points and instead of addressing any of them, you simply write some incoherent nonsense instead. I suppose it's a step up from calling a person a "mongoloid" but you're still nothing more than a loud mouth.