Sonic Boom (Wii U) E3 Gameplay

• 98 results
#1 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3474 posts) -

Honestly, I'll play it, but it doesn't seem like a Sonic game, more like a Crash game to be honest.

#2 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (875 posts) -

Looks poor, but if this is what Sega has to do to fund a new Shenmue game, then so be it.

#3 Posted by CyberLips (1824 posts) -

Wait, Sonic on WiiU? Have i been living under a rock?

#4 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11918 posts) -

#5 Edited by superbuuman (2900 posts) -

Their voices are so bad. :(

#6 Posted by Speak_Low (1097 posts) -

So when I'm busy watching the new trailers for Arkham Knight , The Order, Witcher 3 and Star Wars Battlefront, I switch on over and see this last-gen game? LMAO

#7 Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1367 posts) -

@SonicNextGen2: Its made by former Naughty Dog guys so yeah...

#8 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3612 posts) -

This looks so good. Want it.

#9 Posted by Vaasman (11489 posts) -

Knuckles has been juicing it looks like.

#10 Posted by mikhail (2301 posts) -

@UnbiasedPoster said:

Looks poor, but if this is what Sega has to do to fund a new Shenmue game, then so be it.

Shenmue is a piece of crap forklift simulator.

#11 Posted by 2Chalupas (5157 posts) -

Looks like one of the crappier sonic games from early last gen.

#12 Posted by madsnakehhh (14491 posts) -

Why is this thing called Sonic still alive? he should only appear on some Nintendo spin off games.

#13 Posted by Wild_man_22 (614 posts) -

Thats alot of screen stuttering. Also, all we do is lasso!. I'm more excited for the 3ds version.

#14 Posted by VendettaRed07 (14012 posts) -

The gameplay looks completely broken. So much glitchy random hoping about. The voice overs.. Holy crap..

This looks like an abomination. Has nothing to do with the style or art direction or whatever.. Just looks like a completely broken game made by developers with very little to no programming talent.

The sonic fanboys on youtube are all insane. The comments are just.. ffs. How do you defend that.

#15 Posted by Renegade_Fury (17217 posts) -

Looks like a generic playstation platformer, which is not surprising given Big Red Button Studios' background. I think I'll pass and wait until next year to see what Sonic Team is working on.

#16 Posted by Celsius765 (731 posts) -

Knuckles sounds kinda obnoxious like one of those muscly point out the obvious types

#17 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5639 posts) -

Ugh... Just give me another Sonic game in the sense of Adventure.

#18 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5639 posts) -
@VendettaRed07 said:

The gameplay looks completely broken. So much glitchy random hoping about. The voice overs.. Holy crap..

This looks like an abomination. Has nothing to do with the style or art direction or whatever.. Just looks like a completely broken game made by developers with very little to no programming talent.

The sonic fanboys on youtube are all insane. The comments are just.. ffs. How do you defend that.

Sonic Cycle.

#19 Posted by VendettaRed07 (14012 posts) -

I honestly think this is and Lost World are a result of Nintendo giving Sega a lot of money for that Sonic exclusivity deal, and then they just turned around and are making a couple games as cheaply as possible just as a cash grab.

This and Lost World, you can feel how both look like they were made on incredibly small budgets with very little time/effort put in

#20 Edited by Salt_The_Fries (9002 posts) -

@princessgomez92 said:

This looks so good. Want it.

But is it in 720p at least?

#21 Edited by UnbiasedPoster (875 posts) -

@mikhail said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

Shenmue is a piece of crap forklift simulator.

Come on Jeff, you should be covering E3 and getting exclusive interviews instead of spreading that sub-par taste.

#22 Posted by finalstar2007 (25294 posts) -

Looks like a PS2 game but gameplay seem similar to Ratchet and Clank... Might get get if it hits PSN for $10 or something

#24 Edited by GreySeal9 (24449 posts) -

@Renegade_Fury said:

Looks like a generic playstation platformer, which is not surprising given Big Red Button Studios' background. I think I'll pass and wait until next year to see what Sonic Team is working on.

Yeah. It does look like a generic PlayStation platformer, doesn't it? Even though it didn't seem to turn out that well, Lost World looked more way interesting than this game.

Really, Sonic just needs to do Sonic.

#26 Posted by Pffrbt (6565 posts) -

It looks like absolute garbage.

@93BlackHawk93 said:

Sonic '06 wasn't enough?

#27 Edited by GreySeal9 (24449 posts) -

@93BlackHawk93 said:

Nooooooooooo. The Adventure games were the beginning of the end. They were the games that introduced all the slow, clunky, unfun play styles, bland and pointless hub worlds (the first one), the overemphasis on story, the camera problems, the general lack of polish. In short, the Adventure route is just a terrible idea. They just need to continue what they were doing with Colors and Generations.

#28 Posted by pc-ps360 (3460 posts) -

even knack looks way better than this crap. heck even sonic unleashed is better than this

#29 Posted by Bigboi500 (30012 posts) -

lolsonic

#30 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14022 posts) -

Looks so damn obnoxious.

More like SANIC DOOM!

#31 Posted by systemdefender (32 posts) -

voice acting is horrible. reminds me of what they did to Dante and Delsin. is the next generation of gamers that dumb?

#32 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7486 posts) -

It looks terrible. I was afraid of this after I heard they were bringing other characters back. Sega FINALLY got the formula right with Sonic Generations, but it's like they decided to throw that progress under the bus and continue wrecking the franchise. On top of the game not looking fun to play, those voices are atrocious.

#33 Posted by m_machine024 (15017 posts) -

They talk so damn much. Wow.

Combat looks lame and that lasso thingy is already getting on my nerves. It's the same strategy for all the bosses? The end reminded me of Zelda a little tho. :P

Level design and visuals look passable I guess....

I'd rather be hyped for the Sonic Boom 3D cartoon. lol

#34 Edited by GreySeal9 (24449 posts) -

@pc-ps360 said:

even knack looks way better than this crap. heck even sonic unleashed is better than this

I disagree with this. As poor as this game looks, it doesn't look nearly as soul-crushingly monotonous as Knack. Knack reminds of those awful Werehog levels from Sonic Unleashed lol.

#35 Edited by ChronosChris (297 posts) -

The voice acting..

#36 Posted by getyeryayasout (7602 posts) -

No 3D Sonic is good Sonic.

#37 Edited by Jag85 (4599 posts) -

Sonic's voice sounds weird... and he talks way too much.

#38 Posted by MrYaotubo (2709 posts) -

That looks like a PS2 game. I know the WiiU is shit and all but damn,you can do better than that.

#39 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5067 posts) -

looks complete and utter trash, sonic should die. i played sonic generations and it sucks, all i want is a hd re release of the first 3 games.

#40 Posted by Underdog123x (266 posts) -

At least it looks better than Lost Worlds, I'll give it a shot.

#41 Posted by charizard1605 (58191 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

Looks like a PS2 game but gameplay seem similar to Ratchet and Clank... Might get get if it hits PSN for $10 or something

Er... why would it hit PSN?

#42 Posted by Aljosa23 (25121 posts) -

Oh my god Sonic what have they done to you?!

Gone are the days of 2 and 3. :( This looks like a failed abortion.

#43 Posted by PonchoTaco (2173 posts) -

Sega needs to let Sonic die.

#44 Posted by daveg1 (20333 posts) -

wherez guile

#45 Posted by SecretPolice (22242 posts) -

Eh, we need a... Sonicy Star FTW. :P

#46 Posted by da_illest101 (7523 posts) -

@finalstar2007: wii U and 3ds only.

#47 Posted by Heil68 (45161 posts) -

hahahah

#48 Posted by AcidTango (614 posts) -

This looks terrible.