Sonic and All star racing transformed scores high on IGN.83 on 3DJuegos

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

IGN has given this game an 8.6/10.They think this game is a different beast compard to Mario Kart 7.They liked the transforming vehicle idea.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/11/15/sonic-and-all-stars-racing-transformed-review

I wonder what this game will score on GS.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#2 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Looks fun to me, but Mario Kart will always be the best. I think LBP Karting looks good to despite some bad reviews.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts
Seems like an underappreciated kart racer.
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

IGN scores everything high, they're the lowliest, sh*ttiest review outlet around. Might as well have scored it banana/10 for all the difference it makes.

And sorry, but Sonics heyday has well and truly passed. They're just desperately clinging on to former glories now.

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts

I think im going to have to pick this up for WiiU! Its only $40.

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RyanShazam

IGN scores everything high, they're the lowliest, sh*ttiest review outlet around. Might as well have scored it banana/10 for all the difference it makes.

And sorry, but Sonics heyday has well and truly passed. They're just desperately clinging on to former glories now.

balfe1990

Meh. I thought Colors and Generations were really good games. I hope they can give me one more good one.

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

Is there a demo of this game on PSN?

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts
Sonic is the kart racing king now. Also Sonic Generations> SMG
caryslan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 caryslan2
Member since 2005 • 2486 Posts

Maybe it's because I was a Sega Genesis fanboy back when i was a kid, but I enjoyed the first Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing more then some of the recent Mario Kart games. It was more fun to play, the items seemed to be balanced better, and I loved the tracks in that game.

Not to mention the roster of characters. It was a who who's of characters that have been on Sega Systems:)

Mario Kart is still fun, but I was really unhappy with the removal of Double Dash's gameplay mechanics. For me, Double Dash is the best game in the series.

So yeah, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the second Sonic and All-Stars Racing game.

GamingGod999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GamingGod999
Member since 2011 • 3135 Posts

Mario Kart killer CONFIRMED. :cool:

I_AM_MEGATRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 I_AM_MEGATRON
Member since 2008 • 427 Posts
identity crisis?
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#12 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
Sonic is the kart racing king now. Also Sonic Generations> SMGCapitan_Kid
Lolno and LOLNO
Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Capitan_Kid
[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"]Sonic is the kart racing king now. Also Sonic Generations> SMGcharizard1605
Lolno and LOLNO

Truth hurts doesnt? Mario Kart has been meh for a while. Sonics here to show the plumber whats up. SMG was good but Sonic Generations was AMAZING! Platforming bliss. Sega needs to make a Sega party fighter. Its the next step in stomping Mario
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#14 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"]Sonic is the kart racing king now. Also Sonic Generations> SMGCapitan_Kid
Lolno and LOLNO

Truth hurts doesnt? Mario Kart has been meh for a while. Sonics here to show the plumber whats up. SMG was good but Sonic Generations was AMAZING! Platforming bliss. Sega needs to make a Sega party fighter. Its the next step in stomping Mario

Mario Kart Wii sucked, and 7 was meh, but DS and double Dash were incredible. Unless Sonic gets a kart racer as good as those, I don't think Mario Kart has to concede its throne. And haha, Sonic Generations was excellent, and I am one of its biggest proponents (Colors was better, just FYI), but lol at trying to even imply that it was in the same league as the Mario Galaxy games.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I thought this was coming to PC, no?

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Lolno and LOLNOcharizard1605

Mario Kart Wii sucked, and 7 was meh, but DS and double Dash were incredible. Unless Sonic gets a kart racer as good as those, I don't think Mario Kart has to concede its throne. And haha, Sonic Generations was excellent, and I am one of its biggest proponents (Colors was better, just FYI), but lol at trying to even imply that it was in the same league as the Mario Galaxy games.

Wii sucked, but 7 is awesome. How can you say it is meh? The only thing worse about it than DS is the lack of SP challenges. Other than that, it has the best racing, graphics and other aspects. I am still waiting for a Mario Kart that has all that, but more challenges and features and a more fleshed out battle mode. Once that is done, it will be a 10.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I thought this was coming to PC, no?

NaveedLife

Hope so!

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
I don't trust IGN with anything these days.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
hmmm I think I'm getting this one.
RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RyanShazam

I don't trust IGN with anything these days.OreoMilkshake
IGN and GameInformer are always pretty close to my personal views.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
The First Sonic Allstars was a pleasant surprise. I thought it was more solid than Mario Kart Wii. Looking forward to this one, even though my brother is pushing me to get Black Ops II
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#23 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Lolno and LOLNO

Mario Kart Wii is great. Super Mario Kart sucks though.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"] Truth hurts doesnt? Mario Kart has been meh for a while. Sonics here to show the plumber whats up. SMG was good but Sonic Generations was AMAZING! Platforming bliss. Sega needs to make a Sega party fighter. Its the next step in stomping MarioMichael0134567

ummm...no.

1. Mario Kart 7
  2. Mario Kart DS
  3. Mario kart DD
  4. Mario Kart 64
  5. Super Mario Kart
  6. Mario Kart SC
  7. Mario Kart Wii
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Michael0134567

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Mario Kart Wii sucked, and 7 was meh, but DS and double Dash were incredible. Unless Sonic gets a kart racer as good as those, I don't think Mario Kart has to concede its throne. And haha, Sonic Generations was excellent, and I am one of its biggest proponents (Colors was better, just FYI), but lol at trying to even imply that it was in the same league as the Mario Galaxy games.NaveedLife

ummm...no.

1. Mario Kart 7
  2. Mario Kart DS
  3. Mario kart DD
  4. Mario Kart 64
  5. Super Mario Kart
  6. Mario Kart SC
  7. Mario Kart Wii

Lol god no.
RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RyanShazam

Its crazy how many peoples opinions differ when it comes to which game is better in a specific Nintendo series. Goes to show you all of their games are quality.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Michael0134567

Its crazy how many peoples opinions differ when it comes to which game is better in a specific Nintendo series. Goes to show you all of their games are quality.

RyanShazam
Except for Super Mario Kart ;).
RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 RyanShazam

[QUOTE="RyanShazam"]

Michael0134567

and Zelda II lol

IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 IcyFlamez96
Member since 2011 • 1355 Posts

Sonic Colors was awesome.

Generations was pretty good too but it was far too short and the 3D levels were sloppy for the most part. The only reason it gets the praise that it does is because it's an improvement over past sonic games that completely sucked.

The daytime sections of Unleashed were pretty dang fun too.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Mario Kart Wii sucked, and 7 was meh, but DS and double Dash were incredible. Unless Sonic gets a kart racer as good as those, I don't think Mario Kart has to concede its throne. And haha, Sonic Generations was excellent, and I am one of its biggest proponents (Colors was better, just FYI), but lol at trying to even imply that it was in the same league as the Mario Galaxy games.NaveedLife

ummm...no.

1. Mario Kart 7
  2. Mario Kart DS
  3. Mario kart DD
  4. Mario Kart 64
  5. Super Mario Kart
  6. Mario Kart SC
  7. Mario Kart Wii

lol Mario Kart DS. Such a piece of crap.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Michael0134567

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="RyanShazam"]

RyanShazam

and Zelda II lol

Lol I never played Zelda II. I do actually hate Super Mario Kart. I can't get past the cheating AI. All the love for it makes me think I'm playing a different game.
Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Capitan_Kid
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Lolno and LOLNO

Was Mario Kart Wii really that bad? Im thinking about picking it up since i havent played MK since double dash. Its got more characters than MK7.
Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Blazerdt47
Member since 2004 • 5671 Posts

Looks fun to me, but Mario Kart will always be the best. I think LBP Karting looks good to despite some bad reviews.

ShadowMoses900
LBP Karting would have been a MUCH better game had Media Molecule make it.
on-sight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 on-sight
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

I don't trust IGN with anything these days.OreoMilkshake

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"] Mario Kart Wii is great. Super Mario Kart sucks though.OreoMilkshake

ummm...no.

1. Mario Kart 7
  2. Mario Kart DS
  3. Mario kart DD
  4. Mario Kart 64
  5. Super Mario Kart
  6. Mario Kart SC
  7. Mario Kart Wii

lol Mario Kart DS. Such a piece of crap.

Why? Best controls in a Mario Kart game when it came out (7 is arguably better)

Good graphics for the DS

Decent online for Nintendo at the time

Battle could use some work (as could all Mario Kart battle modes)

started the 32 track trend (and has some great new ones)

It (now 7) are the best, aside from DD which is just completely different.

burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#37 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

Yes to the first. Lol no to the second, and this is coming from a huge Sonic fan.

But on to the subject at hand. I have the game. It's ridiculously good. The best kart racer EVER. This isn't even up for debate. Play the game. The track design is leagues ahead of any other kart racer, it's a visual spectacle, it has an awesome sense of speed, perfect controls, it's balanced and insanely fun. It's also incredible fan service to Sega fans. World Tour mode is fantastic and puts the single player miles ahead of every other kart racer. It has the best online of any kart racer(yes I'm aware that's not saying much). It also has a fantastic difficulty curve that makes it perfect not only for kids, but experienced gamers as well. Provides quite the challenge and has loads of content. The gameplay is so varied too thanks to the three gameplay types and the fact tracks actually change drastically from lap to lap. The game is literally the best kart racer in every category. No Mario Kart even comes close in any area. Neither does Crash Team Racing, and this is coming from a massive CTR fanboy.

I really hope this is the game that gives Nintendo the wake up call for the MK series. Hopefully they'll put real effort in to the next MK game to try and one up Sumo. Unfortunately that probably won't happen, and Ninty will once again do the bare minimum for the next game and it will sell like hotcakes. This game won't get the sales it deserves and certainly won't put a dent on the MK series in sales, but you know what? It's a Mario Kart killer in quality. That's enough for me. This is what happens when a developer actually tries to progress the genre, and puts real passion in to their game.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

nintendo should just buy sega and put an end to this crap...

just put sonic in mario kart and be done with it..

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

nintendo should just buy sega and put an end to this crap...

just put sonic in mario kart and be done with it..

KBFloYd

You jelly.:P

kingjazziephiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 kingjazziephiz
Member since 2006 • 2650 Posts
the game actually looks fun. might try to get it with the Wii U
princemarth23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 princemarth23
Member since 2005 • 9229 Posts

Hell no. This game is probably up there with Mario Kart, but Generations is not in the same league as SMG.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#42 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

To be fair Mario Kart Wii wasn't as good as Double Dash,Mario Kart DS,Mario Kart 7 or Super Mario Kart, and having seen the score 8.6 from IGN that's 0.6 of what they gave the first one and I am eager to try this out. I thought the first one was a surprisingly good game but this looks to have built on it.

Also neither Sonic Colors or Generations match the brilliance of either Galaxy 1 or 2. They are good games but Galaxy 1 and 2 are masterpieces.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#43 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
Solid reviews are starting to trickle in. May have a hidden gem on our hands. I'm buying it today.
Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

the runner up in kart racer is shaping up to be sonic all star racing...

going to pikc this up when its cheap

Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Meeeper282
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

did greg miller wright this review?

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

9/10 on Eurogamer.

Looks like it´s shaping up to be the top kart racer out there.

burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#47 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

the runner up in kart racer is shaping up to be sonic all star racing...

going to pikc this up when its cheap

Mario1331

Ah the ignorance. Because nothing could possibly top Mario Kart, right? Runner up my arse. I'm sorry, but to say any Mario Kart is even in the same league as this game is an insult. It's an insult to Sumo and it's an insult to the gaming industry in general. You see, this is why I ****ing hate nostalgia, and hate nostalgia blinded fanboys. This game is FACTUALLY the best kart racer ever. Best track design, most and highest quality sp content, the greatest visual spectacle, best online mp, the most heart, the best fanservice, the best controls, the biggest sense of speed and is the most balanced yet is still hectic fun. I could go on. There is literally NOTHING Mario Kart does better. Same goes for Crash Team Racing. But you and all those other MK fanboys won't open your eyes to see that will you? I'd like to see a Mario Kart fan try and argue with me on this. I highly doubt anyone can come up with a legit argument in favour of any Mario Kart game. That's because there is none.

It's an absolute disgrace that this game will never get the recognition it deserves simply because it isn't from a longtime established brand. And people b**** about COD having such a big fanbase when it isn't the best shooter? Please. The Mario Kart series and its fans puts that in perspective. This game is the most ambitious kart racer to date, and better still it actually lives up to that ambition. As I said, there is no aspect of the game that it doesn't absolutely blow away every other kart racer. No Mario Kart game is in the same league. Crash Team Racing isn't in the same league.

The saddest part about all of this is that if people weren't so blinded by nostalgia and fanboyism, more people would give this game the praise it deserves and more people would give the MK series the criticism it deserves. You know what that would lead to? BETTER MARIO KART GAMES! Mario Kart games that don't do the absolute bare minimum. Mario Kart games that have the kind of advances to the genre and general effort put in to them that Sumo have done with this game. I would LOVE it if the next Mario Kart game came along and destryed Transformed in quality. I'd love it. But that won't happen because unfortunately Mario Kart games continue to get unwarranted praise and sell insanely well, while amazing games like this are forgotten quickly. Thank god we've got developers like Sumo around though. If Nintendo won't progress the genre, at least Sumo will.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

The funny thing is... I played both of these games pretty close to a few days from each other. Sonic Generations for the first time (close to final stage now I think since that shadow guy stole my chaos emerald) and Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is pretty much awesome and still enjoyable and this was like my 4TH time playing through it. Sonic Generations with my first playthrough so far is pretty good, but it has serious pacing issues (the end stages have very little run fast parts in them and a whole lot of platforming, really awesome scenery though) and the 3D stages are iffy at times.

I can just say that if I enjoy SMG 2 after like a few times of playing it, but already see Sonic Generations losing a little bit of steam in its first playthrough, then its clear imo which is better in the long run.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

Double Dash was my favorite out of all of them. Its so underrated compared to the rest as well.

Mario Kart DS is my next fave. The rest... they are still pretty good.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#50 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Wonder how well the 3DS version will do? Maybe I check that version out sometime down the road if I want some more racing on the go.