Someone offers you a billion dollars to stop playing games forever. Take it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#301 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

Ok first off do you know what Emo actually is?

Secodnly, how is Dark Souls 2 "another emo game"? please explain

JameMcCabe

Don't engage him. He's clearly a troll alt, who will hopefully disappear soon enough.

I left this thread awhile ago, you can get off my dick now. I know it's very appealing to you but you need to know when to stop and relax.

Haha. fantastic. I'm perfectly calm. You're the one getting worked up here. Maybe you need to learn when to stop and relax.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#302 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Hmm...I don't know I love games as it's my favorite past time and it kept me out of trouble as a kid. But with a billion dollars I could do a lot of good with it, I would invest some of it into businesses to keep my capital going, and then I would build my own hospital that would treat people for free that even if they don't have health insurance.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#303 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Yes i would get the best hookers and buy them for a life time each.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

Yes i would get the best hookers and buy them for a life time each.

Jankarcop

You should probably just stick to renting. You wouldn't want the best hookers for their whole lives. That investment would lose all value after a few years, tops.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#305 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

[QUOTE="gamecubepad"]Life is defined by enduring and overcoming hardship.Zeviander
What bullsh!t is this?

This is the spiritual fru fru crap we tell ourselves to help us cope with our jealousy of what others have that we cannot have.

As if a powerful belief in one's self and spirituality can be wittled down to a need to cope with jealousy.

I wouldn't take the money because my impact on the world and the enjoyment I experience in life isn't tied to cash, and it's certainly not tied to the need to take a free pass and ditch something I love. I feel sorry that you have such a cynical and shallow outlook on life.

I don't speak from a point of want, or weakness like that. I'm proven in good and bad situations and wouldn't need to sell out if I had the desire to possess $1 billion. I'd just get it on my own terms.

To each their own, though. Games are inspiring and fun to me. I'll game 'til the day I die.

I would take the billion and hopefully have you as a friendspiderluck

Shucks. Thanks man.:P

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#306 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
[QUOTE="gamecubepad"]As if a powerful belief in one's self and spirituality can be wittled down to a need to cope with jealousy. I wouldn't take the money because my impact on the world and the enjoyment I experience in life isn't tied to cash, and it's certainly not tied to the need to take a free pass and ditch something I love. I feel sorry that you have such a cynical and shallow outlook on life. I don't speak from a point of want, or weakness like that. I'm proven in good and bad situations and wouldn't need to sell out if I had the desire to possess $1 billion. I'd just get it on my own terms. To each their own, though. Games are inspiring and fun to me. I'll game 'til the day I die.

If you were such a self-made, satisfied individual, with a mind for helping others, you would take the money, abide by the agreement, and just give it all away. You must be in such an extreme state of self-denial to think you couldn't even give up a mere hobby to help possibly millions of people.
gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307 gamecubepad

If you were such a self-made, satisfied individual, with a mind for helping others, you would take the money, abide by the agreement, and just give it all away. You must be in such an extreme state of self-denial to think you couldn't even give up a mere hobby to help possibly millions of people. Zeviander

Money doesn't define my impact on the world, and I don't live my life out of some obligation to the greater good. Anything meaniful I do is driven by passionate beliefs. I also have a passion for video games, so it's more than a hobby for me. It's my thing.

You probably wouldn't understand.

beganoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 beganoo
Member since 2009 • 1642 Posts

I'll take the money and play games secrecy duh...

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#309 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I would take it and start making games.

majestix1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 majestix1988
Member since 2006 • 822 Posts

become assassin...create a hidden area to play games on your house

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#311 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44559 Posts
a billion, I'd take that guess I'll be forced by boredom to take up human hunting though
david_lck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#312 david_lck
Member since 2005 • 3211 Posts
Nah, money isn't everything.
dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts

A billion dollars? Tax free?

Hell yes I would stop playing games to live a life of absolute leisure until the day I die.

DarkLink77
Hell even with tax.
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Who tha hell wouldn't quit any hobby, or work, for 1 billion $? That's so much money enough for 10 full blown lifetimes.

Hell, 5 million $ is enough for me. But one thousandmilliondollars? F*ck me..

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#315 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

A billion dollars? Tax free?

Hell yes I would stop playing games to live a life of absolute leisure until the day I die.

DarkLink77
Tax free or not, that money is mine. Take my games. Child's play...
UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#316 UnrealLegend
Member since 2009 • 5888 Posts

Probably... it would be sad to give up my favourite hobby, but it would be selfish to refuse a billion dollars.

Also, I could probably find new hobbies.

NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

No, I would rather play games.

Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

Yes. I'd give up gaming to set up my family for generations to come.. And I'd also buy a football club.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#319 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

Yes. In an instant. I already go for month long stretches of not playing games so I could totally do this.

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#320 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
Yep, I can do a lot and occupy myself with that money ... Maybe take up golf or something. Buy myself a decent car.
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#321 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

Hell no.

SectorSix6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 SectorSix6
Member since 2012 • 201 Posts

I probably wouldn't take the money. My freedom to game is way more valuable than a billion bucks!

Boostinsane
Dont lie, if someone were to offer you a BILLION dollars you know damn well you would take it. As would anyone else saying "no". as for me - F*ck yea i would take it.
SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

Thinking selfishly no, it's my passion. I'm perfectly content living a normal life.

But I would seriously contemplate it, because with that money I can invest / donate for greater good. Not talking about kids in Africa, more like science/tech research and to prevent global warming.

Obviously I would have to sacrifice gaming...

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#324 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
You probably wouldn't understand.gamecubepad
What a cop out. No, I wouldn't understand how someone in their right mind could refuse such a life-changing deal, that for anyone, would make our hobby relatively insignificant.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="gamecubepad"]You probably wouldn't understand.Zeviander
What a cop out. No, I wouldn't understand how someone in their right mind could refuse such a life-changing deal, that for anyone, would make our hobby relatively insignificant.

Because a lot of people here only have one hobby and that's gaming. I have several hobbies I would like to do and a tonne of money like that could enable me to do. I said before that I love gaming and it's my favourite past time now, but for that amount of money I could give it up and pursue other things in life. Sure, I would miss gaming and likely regret my decision once or twice, but I would loathe myself for turning down such a disgusting amount of money.

That amount of money would not only set me up for life, but my wife and kids too

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts
:( but.. i wanna be rich so my life would be all play & no work.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#327 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I wouldn't take it.. what would I spend the money on?
gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 gamecubepad

[QUOTE="Zeviander"][QUOTE="gamecubepad"]You probably wouldn't understand.seanmcloughlin

Because a lot of people here only have one hobby and that's gaming. I have several hobbies I would like to do and a tonne of money like that could enable me to do. I said before that I love gaming and it's my favourite past time now, but for that amount of money I could give it up and pursue other things in life. Sure, I would miss gaming and likely regret my decision once or twice, but I would loathe myself for turning down such a disgusting amount of money.

That amount of money would not only set me up for life, but my wife and kids too

What you guys don't understand is my love for the game. To you it's insignificant, but to me it's a beautiful artform and I love it. I fight for things I love, and won't sell them out for something as petty as cash.

We're different in that my dreams and aspirations are no longer tied to money or possessions. I have a beautiful wife, great kids, good job. All that's left to advance my own artistry.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Zeviander"] What a cop out. No, I wouldn't understand how someone in their right mind could refuse such a life-changing deal, that for anyone, would make our hobby relatively insignificant.gamecubepad

What you guys don't understand is my love for the game. To you it's insignificant, but to me it's a beautiful artform and I love it. I fight for things I love, and won't sell them out for something as petty as cash.

We're different in that my dreams and aspirations are no longer tied to money or possessions. I have a beautiful wife, great kids, good job. All that's left to advance my own artistry.

nah, i think sean gets it (we had a looooooooong talk about it yesterday lol). it's a matter of priorities. sean thinks he could easily live his life without games, because even though he'd miss games, he has plenty of other hobbies he could take on (especially when you don't have to worry about costs) and enjoy just as much. you, like me, like games too much to exchange for a random sum of money, no matter how high. from a personal standpoint, that money would be redundant, since you can't spend it on what you enjoy the most.
Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts
I would take the money in a heartbeat. Then I would play real life games poker, golf etc for my gaming needs.
silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
wow with that money i could afford to go outside my cave.
LLYNCES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 LLYNCES
Member since 2012 • 378 Posts

Nah brah, that 1 billion dollars can get fvcked, I aint ever giving up video games.

Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#333 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts
yep.
gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 gamecubepad

you, like me, like games too much to exchange for a random sum of money, no matter how high. from a personal standpoint, that money would be redundant, since you can't spend it on what you enjoy the most.BrunoBRS

Definitely.

I just asked myself, "Can I be happy without $1 billion?" Yes. "Can I be happy without video games?" No.

It's that simple for me.

asl2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 asl2006
Member since 2007 • 188 Posts

I probably wouldn't take the money. My freedom to game is way more valuable than a billion bucks!

Boostinsane

By the time your balls drop, I'm sure you will have changed your mind. . .

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts
All the people saying no are crazy. I LOVE gaming but I would be to busy with this  or this  To even remember what games are.
spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

I'd take the money, then pay to have that person killed, and go back to playing games.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

If I took the money, could I pay people to play/beat games while I watch lol?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="gamecubepad"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

BrunoBRS

nah, i think sean gets it (we had a looooooooong talk about it yesterday lol). it's a matter of priorities. sean thinks he could easily live his life without games, because even though he'd miss games, he has plenty of other hobbies he could take on (especially when you don't have to worry about costs) and enjoy just as much. you, like me, like games too much to exchange for a random sum of money, no matter how high. from a personal standpoint, that money would be redundant, since you can't spend it on what you enjoy the most.

Pretty much.

Trying to tar everyone with the same brush is also pointless. we're all different from each other and it's fine for some people to turn it down, I myself, would not. I can think of far too many things I could do with the money and if giving up ONE of my favourite hobbies is the way to get it, then so be it.

Also cash isn't petty, it's one of the most fundamental things a human needs in their existance. How much cash is a different story. There are plenty of things I wouldn't trade for money though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 deactivated-59b71619573a1

Ballroompirate

there would be nothing stopping you from talking about games or watching them or researching them. Just not allowed play them yourself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]you, like me, like games too much to exchange for a random sum of money, no matter how high. from a personal standpoint, that money would be redundant, since you can't spend it on what you enjoy the most.gamecubepad

Definitely.

I just asked myself, "Can I be happy without $1 billion?" Yes. "Can I be happy without video games?" No.

It's that simple for me.

But when it comes to money,especially an amount so huge, it's never as clear cut as that.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="gamecubepad"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]you, like me, like games too much to exchange for a random sum of money, no matter how high. from a personal standpoint, that money would be redundant, since you can't spend it on what you enjoy the most.seanmcloughlin

Definitely.

It's that simple for me.

But when it comes to money,especially an amount so huge, it's never as clear cut as that.

i don't know why it wouldn't be. you can be happy without a billion dollars. hell, you ARE happy without 1 billion dollars.
gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343 gamecubepad

seanmcloughlin

Here's the thing...it's not about the money for me. The question is not "How much am I willing to give up for $1 billion?" It's "Do I give a f*ck about having $1 billion?"

Looking at the things I enjoy doing, I don't see how that much money would change my life over having even 1/10,000th of that.

amaneuvering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#344 amaneuvering
Member since 2009 • 4809 Posts

I'd take it.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

seanmcloughlin

there would be nothing stopping you from talking about games or watching them or researching them. Just not allowed play them yourself

Then where's my billion dollars? lol

DISSESHOWEDO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 DISSESHOWEDO
Member since 2010 • 1775 Posts

Will never accept ! Taking something away from me is like taking part of my freedom, and no amount of money can justify that in my mind !

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#347 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

yes. only because i would build REAL games in the the real world....

other then that. nope

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 BrunoBRS

yes. only because i would build REAL games in the the real world....

other then that. nope

k2theswiss
it's really hard to make a game without actually playing it. a good one would likely be impossible.
BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#349 BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

I wouldnt take it. I never wanted anything for free. I can make my money for a living. Its a pain sometimes, but its my money and my life. Wouldnt take anything from anybody and especially wouldnt let anybody tell me what I can or can not do.

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#350 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

That would be tough to give up video games but dammit I would take it.