Someone offers you a billion dollars to stop playing games forever. Take it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#151 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

I get this strange feeling, while reading posts in here, that some of you are almost blaming video games for your shortcomings.

Like somehow your life will be better with money, and no video games.

Do you guys doubt your ambitions so much that you think you could never be successful enough to live well while still playing video games?

Slow_Show

Um, yes? Even as someone who was regularly told they're a special and unique snowflake and mostly still believes it, I know I ain't gonna pull down eccentric millionaire/billionaire money. And I would much rather be able to dive into a Scrooge McDuck pool-vault of money than play video game.

Hispanic-Clap.gif

I agree with everything this man said.

TheFlameProof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 TheFlameProof
Member since 2007 • 438 Posts
[QUOTE="TheFlameProof"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Which does not apply here. Unless you have an unhealthy attachment to video games.DarkLink77

All I am saying is the human psyche doesn't work how you think it works. If you have everything you want EXCEPT video games, that want of video games is going to make you extremely unhappy. What makes this unhappiness worse is that you have nothing to dwell on BUT video games because you would have had everything else and video games is the only thing you don't have so you'll only think about that more than anything else.

I don't think it works like that, either. :|

If you just agreed with me, it would make things a lot easier.
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#153 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

[QUOTE="Slow_Show"]

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

I get this strange feeling, while reading posts in here, that some of you are almost blaming video games for your shortcomings.

Do you guys doubt your ambitions so much that you think you could never be successful enough to live well while still playing video games?

Ly_the_Fairy

Um, yes? Even as someone who was regularly told they're a special and unique snowflake and mostly still believes it, I know I ain't gonna pull down eccentric millionaire/billionaire money. And I would much rather be able to dive into a Scrooge McDuck pool-vault of money than play video games.

Contrary to popular believe massive piles of gold coins do not share the same properties as water :P

"The world's newest billionaire found dead after attempting to dive head first into a pool of gold coins breaking his neck on impact"

Who came up with that joke? First time I saw it was on Family Guy and I KNOW Family Guy couldn't think up a scenario like that.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#154 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

I'd take it and then start playing games again, when you're rich you don't have to live by the rules.

NoirLamia777

This is the correct answer.

Avatar image for Tezcatlipoca666
Tezcatlipoca666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Tezcatlipoca666
Member since 2006 • 7241 Posts

Yes but can I get that billion in gold?

Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Primordialous
Member since 2012 • 1313 Posts

I'd take it and then start playing games again, when you're rich you don't have to live by the rules.

NoirLamia777

^

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#157 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

Ly_the_Fairy

There's living well. And then there's a billion dollars. I would do many, many things for $1,000,000,000.

And I'm sure you could do just about anything you want with a fraction of a billion dollars.

Even the people who say they would travel the world could do so with a few thousand dollars.

Yes, but I could travel the world, rest in five-star hotels, eat expensive truffles, buy my f*cking Detroit Lions and get Jim Schwartz's ass out of there, hire that dancer in your signature every day of my life, buy a boat and sail with Daniel Craig and Christian Bale while having them act like Bond and Batman at the same time, build an awesome hill and snowboard on it, brew my own beer, buy the place I work at and fire the insubordinate people, make a movie, buy a recording company, etc.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Because I'm probably gonna OD when I have a billion dollars? I'm sorry. I'm not the kind of guy that believes money can't bring happinessgamecubepad

Life is defined by enduring and overcoming hardship. To have a "free pass" handed to you on the basis of selling out something you love to do is definitely indicative of the personality that, once rich, would sell out other things you love for some nose candy, bottle of brandy, and cheap women.

I'm married with kids, rarely have any substantial amount of disposable income, but there's not much I haven't done, or can't do without "1 beeillion dollars". I can still drive fast, ride mountain bikes on Dread & Terror, shoot guns, go camping.

I'm a hardcore gamer to the 3rd degree. I wouldn't give up Nintendo games for chump change like that. I define wealth and happiness differently, not just by the bottom line.

---

Name some things $1 billion would get you that can't be experienced with much less money.

Probably. But somehow, I'm okay with that.

TrainerCeleste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 TrainerCeleste
Member since 2012 • 1633 Posts
Hell yes :P My girlfriend could play them instead and I'll watch while playing with all my other technology :3
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

[QUOTE="Blabadon"] There's living well. And then there's a billion dollars. I would do many, many things for $1,000,000,000.Blabadon

And I'm sure you could do just about anything you want with a fraction of a billion dollars.

Even the people who say they would travel the world could do so with a few thousand dollars.

Yes, but I could travel the world, rest in five-star hotels, eat expensive truffles, buy my f*cking Detroit Lions and get Jim Schwartz's ass out of there, hire that dancer in your signature every day of my life, buy a boat and sail with Daniel Craig and Christian Bale while having them act like Bond and Batman at the same time, build an awesome hill and snowboard on it, brew my own beer, buy the place I work at and fire the insubordinate people, make a movie, buy a recording company, etc.

You'd have a billion dollars and you'd spend some of it on the Detroit Lions? WHY?!
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

You know my luck would be I get the offer, agree to it, and it turns I did not read the fine print enough so it is a billion from some country like Botswana or something and it ends up being like a 100 bucks in my currency.

TheFlameProof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 TheFlameProof
You know my luck would be I get the offer, agree to it, and it turns I did not read the fine print enough so it is a billion from some country like Botswana or something and it ends up being like a 100 bucks.CanYouDiglt
i lol'd. That's what you get when you make a deal with the devil.
AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

[QUOTE="NoirLamia777"]

the_bi99man

This is the correct answer.

Haha thats about right. :P

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="TheFlameProof"] All I am saying is the human psyche doesn't work how you think it works. If you have everything you want EXCEPT video games, that want of video games is going to make you extremely unhappy. What makes this unhappiness worse is that you have nothing to dwell on BUT video games because you would have had everything else and video games is the only thing you don't have so you'll only think about that more than anything else.TheFlameProof
I don't think it works like that, either. :|

If you just agreed with me, it would make things a lot easier.

Yeah, but it wouldn't be honest. :P
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Blabadon

DarkLink77

You'd have a billion dollars and you'd spend some of it on the Detroit Lions? WHY?!

Because, in my 25 years of living, throughout all the heartbreak and turmoil they have given me, I still love them. It's horrible. But I would.
AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 AznbkdX

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

[QUOTE="Slow_Show"]

Um, yes? Even as someone who was regularly told they're a special and unique snowflake and mostly still believes it, I know I ain't gonna pull down eccentric millionaire/billionaire money. And I would much rather be able to dive into a Scrooge McDuck pool-vault of money than play video games.

Goyoshi12

Contrary to popular believe massive piles of gold coins do not share the same properties as water :P

"The world's newest billionaire found dead after attempting to dive head first into a pool of gold coins breaking his neck on impact"

Who came up with that joke? First time I saw it was on Family Guy and I KNOW Family Guy couldn't think up a scenario like that.

Maybe back in the earlier seasons it could.

Now... they can barely make any joke at all.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Blabadon"] Yes, but I could travel the world, rest in five-star hotels, eat expensive truffles, buy my f*cking Detroit Lions and get Jim Schwartz's ass out of there, hire that dancer in your signature every day of my life, buy a boat and sail with Daniel Craig and Christian Bale while having them act like Bond and Batman at the same time, build an awesome hill and snowboard on it, brew my own beer, buy the place I work at and fire the insubordinate people, make a movie, buy a recording company, etc.

Because, in my 25 years of living, throughout all the heartbreak and turmoil they have given me, I still love them. It's horrible. But I would.

... Free your mind, Blab. :P
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Blabadon
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] You'd have a billion dollars and you'd spend some of it on the Detroit Lions? WHY?!

... Free your mind, Blab. :P

Not as long as my unhealthy mancrush on Matthew Stafford is still going.
gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#169 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

DarkLink77

lulz. I lived that groundhog day for many years and let me tell you it always ends up all alone on the couch, bleeding out the nose, crying while watching Conan O'Brien.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 AznbkdX

Ly_the_Fairy

There's living well. And then there's a billion dollars. I would do many, many things for $1,000,000,000.

Yeah you can do a bit of travelling with a few thousand dollars. If you want to do it more posh, then add a couple thousand or so more.

With this much money you can travel the world your whole life pretty much. Even if money has become much less than it used to be (a million is very little nowadays for a good lifestyle) a billion will still get you places.

Honestly I would put like 900 million or more into a high interest account (well as high as they can go right now lol), and then live off the rest myself. You don't need that much money to live well, so you can build on it and maybe give some out to family later.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#171 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Take the billion and play games anyway.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
No. Theres only so much things money can buy. :)Chuubby
What can't money buy exactly? Love? Oxytocin injections. Spirituality? Psychedelics. Happiness? Sh!t we surround ourselves with that we enjoy and satisfies our desires is exactly that.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

gamecubepad

lulz. I lived that groundhog day for many years and let me tell you it always ends up all alone on the couch, bleeding out the nose, crying while watching Conan O'Brien.

And in this case, still rich. :cool:
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="Chuubby"]No. Theres only so much things money can buy. :)Zeviander
What can't money buy exactly? Love? Oxytocin injections. Spirituality? Psychedelics. Happiness? Sh!t we surround ourselves with that we enjoy and satisfies our desires is exactly that.

Um....what?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Blabadon
[QUOTE="gamecubepad"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

DarkLink77

Ayo, I'm making a bet in the SW Bets, you and Funsohng go look at it in a minute.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="gamecubepad"]

Blabadon

Ayo, I'm making a bet in the SW Bets, you and Funsohng go look at it in a minute.

Sure.
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts
[QUOTE="Chuubby"]No. Theres only so much things money can buy. :)Zeviander

Hell the love you do not need drugs. With that much money and if interested in a female just pick her up in a helicopter, fly to some beach to have dinner, have Gordan Ramsey there to serve dinner, while a 40 person orchestra plays music during dinner with a massive fireworks display or something along the lines.
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#178 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

i would but then i would probably cheat and play lol

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#179 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

I probably wouldn't take the money. My freedom to game is way more valuable than a billion bucks!

Boostinsane
bs...
Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts

I don't know. Would it be in cash?

66 million 100:- bills.
It's not literally a ton of money. It's 55 tons of money.
The stack would be 3300m tall.
What a big attache briefcase you would need.
I would want to witness its majesty.

Alternatively.
4356 tons of tiokronor.
The stack would reach into space, being roughly 200 times taller than Mount Everest.
tia_tior_tiokrona_kronor_krona_660.jpg
That's around 40. There would be 16 500 000 as many. 660 million. According to Wikipedia that is three times the amount of tiokronor in existence.

Do you see where I'm going with this?

Scrooge-in-gold-coins.png

Yes I would take the money.

Sali217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Sali217
Member since 2012 • 1301 Posts
Actually, I thought they statistically proved that rich people are in fact happier. It's not because of the money so much, but more so the never having to worry about money. The ability to never have to think about money is a huge relief.
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Zeviander
Life is defined by enduring and overcoming hardship.gamecubepad
What bullsh!t is this? We are born. We eat. We sleep. We sh!t. We work. We f*ck. We have kids. We die. What makes life enjoyable is the ability to relax and actually enjoy what little life we get. "Overcoming hardship" is just a means to that end. Life is defined by our ability to enjoy it. Lots of money, free time and things we like to have around us... that makes life better. With a billion dollars, I could change the lives of hundreds, or even thousands of people, and still have money left over to throw it around like it's going out of style. This is the spiritual fru fru crap we tell ourselves to help us cope with our jealousy of what others have that we cannot have.
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

Videogames are not needs/necessity so I don't know what the fvck people are talking about when they are offered $1B ? it's not $100k, it's not $1m it's not $10M and it's not even $100m, we are talking about 1 fvcking billion dollars.

Money is a necessity and a need in life, money makes people happy and one fvcking billion dollars makes people insanely cry of happiness.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#184 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

Umm...yeah?

I wouldn't have enough time to play games anyway with all the globetrotting and partying I'd be doing.

TheFlameProof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 TheFlameProof
[QUOTE="gamecubepad"]Life is defined by enduring and overcoming hardship.Zeviander
What bullsh!t is this? We are born. We eat. We sleep. We sh!t. We work. We f*ck. We have kids. We die. What makes life enjoyable is the ability to relax and actually enjoy what little life we get. "Overcoming hardship" is just a means to that end. Life is defined by our ability to enjoy it. Lots of money, free time and things we like to have around us... that makes life better. With a billion dollars, I could change the lives of hundreds, or even thousands of people, and still have money left over to throw it around like it's going out of style. This is the spiritual fru fru crap we tell ourselves to help us cope with our jealousy of what others have that we cannot have.

What started as a simple question about video games has transformed into an existential discussion about life.
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="Zeviander"][QUOTE="gamecubepad"]Life is defined by enduring and overcoming hardship.TheFlameProof

What started as a simple question about video games has transformed into an existential discussion about life.

Yeah, screw this, I'm going back to video games.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
No Way, gaming is my only hobby, i have been gaming for 27 years, a billion dollars wouldn't stop me being miserable without my games.
Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#188 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11272 Posts
[QUOTE="Mozelleple112"]

Yes in a fricken heartbeat. In fact I'd give up gaming for $1000 since I don't really play games anymore.. Anyone one who says no to a billion dollars is dumb lol.

Think of what I could buy with a billion dollars! A garage full of every car I wanted.

A large mansion on several islands and every big city that I'd like to live in.

A large collection of art, Patek Phillipe watches the finest tailored suits, clothes, diamonds etc..

a 12.12 channel Snell THX Reference 100,000 watt / 8K cinema i nevery home

private jet, and my own HUGE yaucht.

Or a couple of video games? LOOOL:

clyde46
I'd buy one of these.

Excellent choice! I'd either take a Sony 4K camera, the Red Epic (5K) or one of JVCs three 8K cameras! :P with a billion dollars I could upgrade every single year, even if these cameras cost several hundred thousand dollars. Would fit perfectly in my Sony 4K / JVC 8K cinema with 96 Mcintosh 8000 watt amplifiers, 56 Theta Digital Generation VIII DACs, Nordost Odin Reference Cables and 24.24 channel Snell THX Reference system :P!
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Zeviander
What started as a simple question about video games has transformed into an existential discussion about life.TheFlameProof
For once, it isn't a boring, run-of-the-mill, troll thread in System Wars.
TheFlameProof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 TheFlameProof
[QUOTE="TheFlameProof"]What started as a simple question about video games has transformed into an existential discussion about life.Zeviander

okay. now that you know that you would give up games for money. will it be weird going back into this forum and talk about video games?
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#191 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts
[QUOTE="TheFlameProof"]What started as a simple question about video games has transformed into an existential discussion about life.Zeviander

A very nice change.
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="Zeviander"][QUOTE="TheFlameProof"]What started as a simple question about video games has transformed into an existential discussion about life.TheFlameProof

okay. now that you know that you would give up games for money. will it be weird going back into this forum and talk about video games?

You say that like he would even conisder coming back into this place with that much money.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#193 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts
I already stopped playing games and wasn't offered anything. So I guess my answer et cetera.themajormayor
then why are you here? My answer would be yes, because with a billion dollars I can live the game in real life. Want a fps... setup my own painball themepark. Want melee sword fighting... hire a fencing instructor (a hot woman one...haha) to show me where to lunge. At that amount of money nothing is impossible, hell I could even take a trip to space.
Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#194 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="drinkerofjuice"][QUOTE="Boostinsane"] What?!? Why are you guys so quick to give up your favorite hobby? Isn't life all about the simple joys and freedoms and not about money?

Who said this was my favorite hobby?

This. I enjoy gaming, but it is by no means my favorite thing.

So whats your favorite hobby? and why aren't you posting on sites for that hobby then? I would think your favorite hobby would be where you spend the most time learning about it and other people that do it. Hence why I go to gaming sites. i also play guitar, kyak, camp, bike, draw, etc.. but I don't frequent forums for those things as much as gaming is my fav!!!
TheFlameProof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 TheFlameProof
[QUOTE="themajormayor"]I already stopped playing games and wasn't offered anything. So I guess my answer et cetera.Midnightshade29
then why are you here? My answer would be yes, because with a billion dollars I can live the game in real life. Want a fps... setup my own painball themepark. Want melee sword fighting... hire a fencing instructor (a hot woman one...haha) to show me where to lunge. At that amount of money nothing is impossible, hell I could even take a trip to space.

Creating the experience in real life isn't the same as one in a game. Everybody has physical limitations. Main characters in video games know not of these physical limitations.
AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 AznbkdX

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="drinkerofjuice"] Who said this was my favorite hobby?Midnightshade29
This. I enjoy gaming, but it is by no means my favorite thing.

So whats your favorite hobby? and why aren't you posting on sites for that hobby then? I would think your favorite hobby would be where you spend the most time learning about it and other people that do it. Hence why I go to gaming sites. i also play guitar, kyak, camp, bike, draw, etc.. but I don't frequent forums for those things as much as gaming is my fav!!!

Well for me it is my favorite hobby right next to school and basketball. I can understand why ppl without it as there favorite hobby would frequent here though.

Its interesting to hear about this kind of stuff. Much more than most hobbies on the internet at least. Not to mention you can laugh at funny ppl on here. ;)

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Wouldn't hesitate. Could still play PS3 exclusives. Didn't say anything about watching them

TheFlameProof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 TheFlameProof

Wouldn't hesitate. Could still play PS3 exclusives. Didn't say anything about watching them

whiskeystrike
Its this a burn on metal gear? -_-
AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 AznbkdX

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

TheFlameProof

Its this a burn on metal gear? -_-

Or watching others play?

Yep... lets just watch Metal Gear or Heavy Rain. Man those are great movies! :P

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

Hmm the playboy life style or video games, that's a tough one (it's really not).