Someone offers you a billion dollars to stop playing games forever. Take it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by freedomfreak (39957 posts) -

Of course not!

Cheleman
Think of all the high quality salamis, man.
#52 Posted by GhoX (4860 posts) -
I'm pretty sure plenty of people would do it for 1 million or even 100k dollars.
#53 Posted by ampiva (1247 posts) -
This forum is full of casuals.
#54 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Can we atleast be involved in the gaming world?

But not play games?

#55 Posted by Cheleman (7616 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

Of course not!

freedomfreak

Think of all the high quality salamis, man.

hm... I never thought of it that way:P

#56 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

But not play games?

GreekGameManiac

How would you even be able to do that?

#57 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

But not play games?

Goyoshi12

Read stuff about them,talk about them,etc...

#58 Posted by Valknut4 (392 posts) -

Hookers an blow for 3 stright years, then harder drugs, then enlightenment through 10 years at a buddiest temple, then cancer, then I cure cancer with all my money, hero of the world.

Yep

#59 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

But not play games?

GreekGameManiac

I guess some of those things you'd still be able to do but talk about them? When you've given them up? That's begging for trouble.

#60 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8652 posts) -

No, I don't think I would.

I've already made a five year plan to become a millionaire, and I'll be earning it by doing things that I love. One of which has been my latest project of creating a video game which has consumed a very large amount of my time over the last couple weeks, and has become my newest hobby. Developing the game requires I have a knowledge of what types of gameplay ideas work which involves not only playing my own game, but others as well.

Helping to develop the game has also driven me to begin composing music (which has been very fun), and once the gameplay is in place I'll be helping to write the story (and I love to write).

If I was given a billion dollars to stop playing games then I'd probably have to give up creating this game too.

#61 Posted by TheFlameProof (438 posts) -

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

But not play games?

GreekGameManiac

That would probably just drive you crazy. That's like smelling the cooking of a great chef but never being able to eat the food.
#62 Posted by painguy1 (8686 posts) -

If I take teh money and start playing games can he do anything to stop me? If so..

I'd take it then use some of the money to hire an assasin to get teh guy killed then pay off whoever tries to bring me in.

Videogames here I come. :P teehee jk jk

#63 Posted by jimmypsn (4425 posts) -

Of course. I would get rid of games before I give up movies or music. But I would get rid of all 3 if someone gave me a billion dollars.

#64 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

TheFlameProof

That would probably just drive you crazy. That's like smelling the cooking of a great chef but never being able to eat the food.

LET ME HAVE THAT ATLEAST!

:P

#65 Posted by TheFlameProof (438 posts) -

Honestly, I wouldn't take the money. My life is pretty easy going now and I love to game. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

#66 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6544 posts) -

That's like asking somebody to give up music. F*ck that.

gamecubepad
This. Only a fool gives up happiness for money
#67 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

If I take teh money and start playing games can he do anything to stop me? If so..

I'd take it then use some of the money to hire an assasin to get teh guy killed then pay off whoever tries to bring me in.

Videogames here I come. :P teehee jk jk

painguy1

6304806744_6e5905e9f7.jpg

Never thought of it like that.

OK, screw what the f*ck I said. GIMMIE DA MONEY! Now someone go fetch me Agent 47 and "eliminate" any unwanted visitors while I sit back and play BioShock Infinite. With this much money, waiting around is a thing of the past. :cool:

#68 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -
Obvious answer is obvious. *looks at TC opening comment* Not wo obvious for some. I would stop gaming and never look back. With that type of money, I would look at gaming as a joke compared to what I could now do to entertain myself.
#69 Posted by freedomfreak (39957 posts) -
[QUOTE="gamecubepad"]

Capitan_Kid

Because money can't bring happiness? Gaming isn't the only thing that brings me joy in life.
#70 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6787 posts) -
Holy sh*t yes. That would be the easiest decision I've ever made.
#71 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

Obvious answer is obvious. *looks at TC opening comment* Not wo obvious for some. I would stop gaming and never look back. With that type of money, I would look at gaming as a joke compared to what I could now do to entertain myself.AmazonTreeBoa

.....that just sounds horribly wrong in my head.

#72 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

If it's going to last my life, hell yeah.

I would travel all over the world and explore.

#73 Posted by Heil68 (43921 posts) -
Yes, I would then go on the professional troll tour and enjoy trolling lems 24/7
#74 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -
[QUOTE="drinkerofjuice"][QUOTE="tagyhag"]F*ck yes. Time to see the world.Boostinsane
Bingo. With that money, games would be the last thing on my mind. I'd make the decision in a heartbeat.

What?!? Why are you guys so quick to give up your favorite hobby? Isn't life all about the simple joys and freedoms and not about money?

It's their favorite hobby because they don't have a billion dollars.
#75 Posted by bobbetybob (19248 posts) -
Of course, who wouldn't, you wouldn't need games when you could spend your money doing those things in real life. You could go paint balling any time you fancied playing CoD, drive a real sports car instead of playing Forza and jump on as many turtles as you can buy, take that Mario.
#76 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]Obvious answer is obvious. *looks at TC opening comment* Not so obvious for some. I would stop gaming and never look back. With that type of money, I would look at gaming as a joke compared to what I could now do to entertain myself.Goyoshi12

.....that just sounds horribly wrong in my head.

:lol:
#77 Posted by lundy86_4 (43170 posts) -

Yes.

I have a very long list of countries I would love to visit/live, or visit again as an adult.

#78 Posted by AvatarMan96 (7324 posts) -

Yeah.

I would take the money, and then go buy more games behind their back.

#79 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

Of course, who wouldn't, you wouldn't need games when you could spend your money doing those things in real life. You could go paint balling any time you fancied playing CoD, drive a real sports car instead of playing Forza and jump on as many turtles as you can buy, take that Mario.bobbetybob

Can I travel back in time? Can I slap the crap out of people's heads with a d!do sword? Can I survive the zombie appocalypse? Can I go into space and get me some @$$? Can I kill a f**king dragon?

If you can....could you point me in the right direction then?

#80 Posted by Pug-Nasty (8508 posts) -

I'd do it for a lot less tbh. A man with $1 billion in his bank account can pretty much create any situtation he wants to be in.

#81 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

[QUOTE="Boostinsane"][QUOTE="drinkerofjuice"] Bingo. With that money, games would be the last thing on my mind. I'd make the decision in a heartbeat.AmazonTreeBoa
What?!? Why are you guys so quick to give up your favorite hobby? Isn't life all about the simple joys and freedoms and not about money?

It's their favorite hobby because they don't have a billion dollars.

In all seriousess,i don't think i would take it.

#82 Posted by GreySeal9 (24188 posts) -

Hell yeah I would take it. Video games are awesome, but not that awesome.

#83 Posted by Sali217 (1274 posts) -
I'd stop playing games and live on cruise ships the rest of my life.
#84 Posted by Duckyindiana (2288 posts) -
Good god yes!
#85 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

I wonder if people also take into effect fatigue and such.

#86 Posted by GreySeal9 (24188 posts) -

I'd take it and then start playing games again, when you're rich you don't have to live by the rules.

NoirLamia777

lol, good point.

#87 Posted by Vaasman (11329 posts) -

yes and then i use half of the money to devise a way to cover up the fact that I will keep playing video games.

#88 Posted by lundy86_4 (43170 posts) -

Can I travel back in time? Can I slap the crap out of people's heads with a d!do sword? Can I survive the zombie appocalypse? Can I go into space and get me some @$$? Can I kill a f**king dragon?

Goyoshi12

Oh, Hell yeah... You just gotta know the right people... It's an elite list, bro.

#89 Posted by Innovazero2000 (3139 posts) -

I love games, but I would take the Billion without question and be set for life.

I'd replace gaming with huge paintball battles featuring go-karts. Halo warthog style.

#90 Posted by bobbetybob (19248 posts) -

[QUOTE="bobbetybob"]Of course, who wouldn't, you wouldn't need games when you could spend your money doing those things in real life. You could go paint balling any time you fancied playing CoD, drive a real sports car instead of playing Forza and jump on as many turtles as you can buy, take that Mario.Goyoshi12

No but you can have sex with supermodels so I'm gonna go ahead and take the money.
#91 Posted by TheFlameProof (438 posts) -
This forum is full of casuals.ampiva
Agreed.
#92 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11695 posts) -

Sure, then I'd build my own Animus so I can go relive my Asassin ancestors' memories.

#93 Posted by kingtito (4903 posts) -

A billion dollars? Tax free?

Hell yes I would stop playing games to live a life of absolute leisure until the day I die.

DarkLink77
Hell even if it was lotto taxes I'd take it. You can keep yourself busy for the rest of your life with that kind of money
#94 Posted by GreySeal9 (24188 posts) -

[QUOTE="gamecubepad"]

Capitan_Kid

A billion dollars would make me very happy indeed, so your point is invalid.

#95 Posted by RR360DD (11763 posts) -
Of course. I'd have one of my servants play my games for me.
#96 Posted by Blabadon (26136 posts) -
Oh hell yes.
#97 Posted by Snugenz (11839 posts) -

Sure, then I'd build my own Animus so I can go relive my Asassin ancestors' memories.

PhazonBlazer

Would be funny if you spent the whole billion on the Animus and it turned out your ancestors' were chimney sweeps :P

#98 Posted by fadersdream (3153 posts) -

Peter Gibbons: What would you do if you had a Billion dollars?
Lawrence: I'll tell you what I'd do, man: two chicks at the same time, man.
Peter Gibbons: That's it? If you had a Billion dollars, you'd do two chicks at the same time?
Lawrence: Damn straight. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I were a Billionaire I could hook that up, too; 'cause chicks dig dudes with money.

#99 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

[QUOTE="bobbetybob"]Of course, who wouldn't, you wouldn't need games when you could spend your money doing those things in real life. You could go paint balling any time you fancied playing CoD, drive a real sports car instead of playing Forza and jump on as many turtles as you can buy, take that Mario.bobbetybob

No but you can have sex with supermodels so I'm gonna go ahead and take the money.

Eugh....that would be rather nasty. You don't know WHO'S been in those things, it could be a sewage in there. :P

#100 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11695 posts) -

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

Snugenz

Would be funny if you spent the whole billion on the Animus and it turned out your ancestors' were chimney sweeps :P

Even better, all chimney sweeps do is sing songs all day. It sounds awesome!