Some xbox live members are getting X1 products for free

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by super600 (30722 posts) -

MS is giving out codes to games like Killer Instinct(you get the full version of the game as a code) via email to eligible and previous gold xbox live accounts(From what I heard). Some other xbox live members are also receiving free xbox one consoles. You probably have to be a Microsoft MVP to get a free xbox one console. No one knows the full requirements to get these free games and consoles.

Link to article talking about this

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/129379-Microsoft-Giving-Away-Xbox-One-Systems-and-Killer-Instinct-Roster

I'm kinda surprised MS is doing this. At least they will benefit from this.

#2 Posted by charizard1605 (58309 posts) -

That's a good way to make people buy your console- give them free games on said console

#3 Edited by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

I got a free code for Killer Instinct season 1 for having a gold membership since launch. (360)

#4 Posted by Basinboy (11248 posts) -

Nothing like being rich. You can buy friends and make otherwise straight guys kiss each other.

#5 Edited by super600 (30722 posts) -

@timbers_WSU said:

I got a free code for Killer Instinct season 1 for having a gold membership since launch. (360)

I got nothing. Even though I have had gold for at least 2 years. I have around a 4k gamerscore and I am also an xbox live rewards member.

#6 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

@super600: Maybe they found out you were a Gamspot mod? Maybe you should start banning all of these useless Cows? I bet that would get you some free stuff.

#7 Posted by Dreams-Visions (26569 posts) -

I got nada.

Live since year one. Gamerscore probably not high enough.

#8 Posted by silversix_ (14819 posts) -

I received 50 MS points last year, felt guuuuud.

#9 Posted by bobbetybob (19292 posts) -
@super600 said:

@timbers_WSU said:

I got nothing. Even though I have had gold for at least 2 years. I have around a 4k gamerscore and I am also an xbox live rewards member.

Had it for 5, 33k gamerscore, got nothin'. Quit your whining Super.

Not that fussed though since I'm not getting an Xbone for a while.

#10 Edited by magicalclick (22853 posts) -

Lucky you, I haven't get the free code and I have Gold since Xbox1.

#11 Posted by getyeryayasout (7607 posts) -

Glad you posted this. Checked my inbox and have a message from MS telling me that "They're a fan of Me for being a fan of Them." and they'll send me a code Nov. 22 for a full character unlock of KI. Now if I only cared about fighters or the X1 at launch.

#12 Posted by freedomfreak (41036 posts) -

Probably need to be American.

#13 Edited by bobbetybob (19292 posts) -
@freedomfreak said:

Typical Microsoft racism.

#14 Posted by freedomfreak (41036 posts) -

@bobbetybob said:
@freedomfreak said:

mmmhm

#15 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Nah

You just have to not be European.

#16 Posted by super600 (30722 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Nope some Europeans and Canadians got some free xbox one products.

#17 Posted by freedomfreak (41036 posts) -

@super600 said:

@freedomfreak said:

Nope some Europeans and Canadians got some free xbox one products.

But I'm Belgian. MS don't care about Belgium, Mo :(

#18 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

I've had XBox Live since 2002 and my first achievement was december 10th 2005 and I got nothing. This must be America only

#19 Edited by Heil68 (45267 posts) -

I haven't yet, so I'm canceling my Live gold ASAP, fuck em.

#20 Edited by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Didn't yo get killer instinct?

#21 Posted by Heil68 (45267 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@Heil68 said:

Didn't yo get killer instinct?

Nope, i haven't received an email. Been Live member since 2007, had an account on original xbox too.

#22 Posted by kuu2 (7375 posts) -

Lots of butthurt and projecting in this thread.

Happy for those that got free games. Oh by the way keep checking your inboxes apparently the giveways will continue for a while longer.

#23 Posted by kuu2 (7375 posts) -

@getyeryayasout said:

Glad you posted this. Checked my inbox and have a message from MS telling me that "They're a fan of Me for being a fan of Them." and they'll send me a code Nov. 22 for a full character unlock of KI. Now if I only cared about fighters or the X1 at launch.

You could always pass it along to one of your fellow GSpotters. Not petitioning but I am sure someone on here would appreciate it.

#24 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

Last second desperation attempt by MS to keep people from switching to PS4.

#25 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

I got mine. Been on Live since the 360 debut.

#26 Posted by lhughey (4243 posts) -

@bobbetybob said:
@freedomfreak said:

I'm not sure what race American is...

#27 Edited by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

Lots of butthurt and projecting in this thread.

Happy for those that got free games. Oh by the way keep checking your inboxes apparently the giveways will continue for a while longer.

It'd be sweet if I got a free one. SO I COULD SHOOT IT WITH A GUN.

#28 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6736 posts) -

Got KI for free. Oh well, not getting Xbone for a long time (if ever) so hopefully I can sell it on eBay.

#29 Edited by FinalFighters (1550 posts) -

i didnt get one. i guess M$ is giving them to the most dedicated Tools

#30 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

@timbers_WSU said:

I got nothing for being a member for 8 years and I still have the 2002 beta disc but I made a new account for Halo 2 and I have 70k+ gamerscore. Microsoft just hand it out to random people so it spreads and makes them look good but it makes people like me not want to purchase the next XBox

#31 Edited by blackace (20890 posts) -

@super600 said:

MS is giving out codes to games like Killer Instinct(you get the full version of the game as a code) via email to eligible and previous gold xbox live accounts(From what I heard). Some other xbox live members are also receiving free xbox one consoles. You probably have to be a Microsoft MVP to get a free xbox one console. No one knows the full requirements to get these free games and consoles.

Link to article talking about this

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/129379-Microsoft-Giving-Away-Xbox-One-Systems-and-Killer-Instinct-Roster

I'm kinda surprised MS is doing this. At least they will benefit from this.

I didn't get shit and I've been an XBL Gold Member since the original XBox was released.

#32 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10530 posts) -

I'm annoyed because I have been a member since the original xbox and I haven't received an email!!!!!!

#33 Posted by lamprey263 (24243 posts) -

been an Xbox Live Gold member for 6-7 years, have 100K+ achievements, got nothing