Some casuals are so thick...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HoldThePhone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 HoldThePhone
Member since 2007 • 3364 Posts

I'm a hardcore gamer, yet 90% of my friends could care less about any other game besides madden and halo. I don't really mind, because I can't stand other hardcore gamers 0_o.

So I was with one of my friends the other day, and he's going through all my games, and he sees Shadow of the Colosuss. He thinks it looks cool and wants to play it. I tell him it's amazing but he probably won't like it. He ignores me and pops it in. After he skips the intro, I show him all the controls. He's soon out trying to find the first colosuss, complaining that the camera is always on his horse's ass (even though you can simply rotate it to get some gorgeous views of the enviroment..).....and then get gets distracted by a bird. I tell him to ignore it and which way to go, but he can't let it go. He spends a whole 5 minutes chasing the bird and trying to shoot with his bow, despite it being impossible.

Finally, he gets to a simple platforming sequence, but still requires my help even though the directions pop up on the screen. As soon as we get to the colosuss, he's bored, and quits.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is why the Wii won. haha j/k, but seriously....those casuals are silly.

Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Gzus666
Member since 2007 • 2304 Posts
are you sure your friend isnt 10? sounds like he has the attention span of a squirrel. maybe time to get some meds?
HoldThePhone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 HoldThePhone

are you sure your friend isnt 10? sounds like he has the attention span of a squirrel. maybe time to get some meds?Gzus666

tell me about it. sadly, he's 17. I mean, he's a good friend in the real world, but when it comes to videogames he's just bleh.

jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 jim_shorts
Member since 2006 • 7320 Posts
Sounds like me trying to play Morrowind.
AnFangs_Endes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 AnFangs_Endes
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts

[QUOTE="Gzus666"]are you sure your friend isnt 10? sounds like he has the attention span of a squirrel. maybe time to get some meds?HoldThePhone

tell me about it. sadly, he's 17. I mean, he's a good friend in the real world, but when it comes to videogames he's just bleh.

:o that's pathetic SoTC is extremely easy when you first start, it just get's hard later on.

HoldThePhone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HoldThePhone
[QUOTE="HoldThePhone"]

[QUOTE="Gzus666"]are you sure your friend isnt 10? sounds like he has the attention span of a squirrel. maybe time to get some meds?AnFangs_Endes

:o that's pathetic SoTC is extremely easy when you first start, it just get's hard later on.

it was probably because he wasn't into it. It's one of those games you need to play by yourself through the night to get the most out of. Not during the day with people watching you and all.

i beat it the other night =p. and then i made this video the day after...(spoilers inside) http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/91415.html

conantheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 conantheking
Member since 2005 • 33 Posts

I hate gamers like that, if you can't see blood in the first 5 minutes they don't wanna play it no matter how great it is.

Fyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Fyper
Member since 2007 • 495 Posts

Casuals are not familiar with the concept of challenge and orientation. This is also why all casuals are losers in real life.

I base this on absolutely nothing.

porzdeadline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 porzdeadline
Member since 2007 • 482 Posts
wow your really HAAARDDDCOOORRREEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dude there is nothing like a hardcore gamer... its just gamer because there is nothing about it thats hardcore
majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#10 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
When casuals play my video games they usually stop playing because "it's too complicated" or "This game requires too much time and effort." I am fortunate to be friends with many hardcore gamers.
porzdeadline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 porzdeadline

Casuals are not familiar with the concept of challenge and orientation. This is also why all casuals are losers in real life.

Fyper

haha wow you do know casuals are like the normal people and the so called hardcore gamers are usually the losers

HoldThePhone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HoldThePhone
[QUOTE="Fyper"]

porzdeadline

haha wow you do know casuals are like the normal people and the so called hardcore gamers are usually the losers

most hardcore gamers are losers. that's why my friends are casuals.

BadAndy642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BadAndy642
Member since 2006 • 1069 Posts

And this matters how?

porzdeadline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 porzdeadline
[QUOTE="porzdeadline"][QUOTE="Fyper"]

HoldThePhone

i dont understand

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts
Tc, I know exactly what you mean, all my friends are just like that because the only things that keeps their attention are fighters and fps. One of them bought a ps2 in it's prime and GTA3 because he thought it was the in thing to do at the time. He and his brother only played the first ten or so missions and then gave up and thought it was too hard.
Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts
Madden NFL is more hardcore than most games.
porzdeadline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 porzdeadline

Tc, I know exactly what you mean, all my friends are just like that because the only things that keeps their attention are fighters and fps. One of them bought a ps2 in it's prime and GTA3 because he thought it was the in thing to do at the time. He and his brother only played the first ten or so missions and then gave up and thought it was too hard.briguyb13

i hope you know most casuals play gta

T3H_1337_N1NJ4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 T3H_1337_N1NJ4
Member since 2005 • 2225 Posts

>_> I don't know how you define hardcore, but whatever...

I've been playing since the NES and I have fun doing stuff like that (chasing bird etc)... I really don't see a problem in it, it's called exploring the game! If you do, then well... Maybe you're the casual >_>

bforrester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bforrester
Member since 2003 • 481 Posts

I kind of take offense to that. I consider myself a casual. I'm probablya bit more 'hardcore' than the casual that fits your definition, but probably not by a lot. I play maybe an hour's worth of games in a given weeknight. I only own one next genconsole (PS3). I do, however, keep up, somewhat, with the goings-on in the game industry. Chalk that up to boredom at work. I typically play the sports titles and the big names like GT, GTA, GOW, R&C, MGS, ES (Oblivion was my first foray into the ES world).

Speaking for casual gamers, we are casuals because there are things in the world other than video games. Some of us havenumerous hobbies (weightlifting, skiing, jiu-jitsu, poker, and softballin my case)on top of job, financial, and family obligations. I'm one of the over 20 (28, 29 in Sept.) gamers that don't have the time to put into gaming.

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts
[QUOTE="HoldThePhone"][QUOTE="porzdeadline"][QUOTE="Fyper"]

porzdeadline

i dont understand

I dont understand either, as far as I'm concerned those that go through life casually in all aspects just to remain cool with thier peers are the losers ... but thats off-topic :P

BadAndy642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BadAndy642

Madden NFL is more hardcore than most games. TekkenMaster606

Wanna talk about hardcore, the new NASCAR game's car setup is ridiculous. You have to set your springs, wedge, tire pressure, sway bar, fender flares, rear spoiler, grill tape, bias, and so much stuff. You have to be a die-hard NASCAR fan to even know how to adjust these things. My younger brother is a die-hard fan and he even said WTF

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts

He skipped the intro?

He failed right there

porzdeadline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 porzdeadline

I kind of take offense to that. I consider myself a casual. I'm probablya bit more 'hardcore' than the casual that fits your definition, but probably not by a lot. I play maybe an hour's worth of games in a given weeknight. I only own one next genconsole (PS3). I do, however, keep up, somewhat, with the goings-on in the game industry. Chalk that up to boredom at work. I typically play the sports titles and the big names like GT, GTA, GOW, R&C, MGS, ES (Oblivion was my first foray into the ES world).

Speaking for casual gamers, we are casuals because there are things in the world other than video games. Some of us havenumerous hobbies (weightlifting, skiing, jiu-jitsu, poker, and softballin my case)on top of job, financial, and family obligations. I'm one of the over 20 (28, 29 in Sept.) gamers that don't have the time to put into gaming.

bforrester

well said (by the way i used to do jiujistu or however you spell it but now i do thaiboxing)

HoldThePhone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HoldThePhone

bforrester

i wasnt trying to to offend you, sorry. As I said, that's why I don't like hardcore gamers, they are uninteresting people who do little else than play games. i consider myself a hardcore gamer, whatever your definition may be, but i make sure to make time for everything else in my life including other hobbies and friends. gaming is just my passion, and i find it interesting when peoples' tastes conflict. The guy i was talking about may not be the most avid of gamers, but he's a great guy in real life.

TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TekkenMaster606

[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]Madden NFL is more hardcore than most games. BadAndy642

Wanna talk about hardcore, the new NASCAR game's car setup is ridiculous. You have to set your springs, wedge, tire pressure, sway bar, fender flares, rear spoiler, grill tape, bias, and so much stuff. You have to be a die-hard NASCAR fan to even know how to adjust these things. My younger brother is a die-hard fan and he even said WTF

I'm not even a diehard NASCAR fan but love the game. All I had to do was read a few articles on the internet and guides on GameFAQs and I caught on quickly. Everyone bashes EA Sports but their games are easy for casuals to play...

And even better for hardcore gamers. Taking the time to adjust the sliders is part of the fun.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

[QUOTE="briguyb13"]Tc, I know exactly what you mean, all my friends are just like that because the only things that keeps their attention are fighters and fps. One of them bought a ps2 in it's prime and GTA3 because he thought it was the in thing to do at the time. He and his brother only played the first ten or so missions and then gave up and thought it was too hard.porzdeadline

Yea I'm aware of that. I play them too though. I'm just saying that my friends are beyond pathetic when it comes to gaming. All those friends I mentioned mainly play are army shooters.
porzdeadline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 porzdeadline
[QUOTE="porzdeadline"]

[QUOTE="briguyb13"]Tc, I know exactly what you mean, all my friends are just like that because the only things that keeps their attention are fighters and fps. One of them bought a ps2 in it's prime and GTA3 because he thought it was the in thing to do at the time. He and his brother only played the first ten or so missions and then gave up and thought it was too hard.briguyb13

Yea I'm aware of that. I play them too though. I'm just saying that my friends are beyond pathetic when it comes to gaming. All those friends I mentioned mainly play are army shooters.

how can someone be pathetic when it comes to gaming... its not like its something everyone takes serious

HoldThePhone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 HoldThePhone
[QUOTE="briguyb13"][QUOTE="porzdeadline"]

[QUOTE="briguyb13"]Tc, I know exactly what you mean, all my friends are just like that because the only things that keeps their attention are fighters and fps. One of them bought a ps2 in it's prime and GTA3 because he thought it was the in thing to do at the time. He and his brother only played the first ten or so missions and then gave up and thought it was too hard.porzdeadline

how can someone be pathetic when it comes to gaming... its not like its something everyone takes serious

just like everyone is pathetic when it comes to something they don't do often. he wasn't saying gaming is the biggest thing these days.

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Meu2k7

Go back to your high School P.E days, remember the difference between the "Jocks & nerds" playing P.E , I'm not saying treat your casual gaming friends that way, but sports are just games too, and the be-littliling of others during sport is very common.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

I'm saying they were pathetic for buying something only because they thought it was popular, and then not putting in much effort to play the thing. Also, it's my belief that it is pathetic to only like one type of game and not try other genres. That's just my opinion, take it or leave it as you like.
BadAndy642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BadAndy642
[QUOTE="BadAndy642"]

[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]Madden NFL is more hardcore than most games. TekkenMaster606

I'm not even a diehard NASCAR fan but love the game. All I had to do was read a few articles on the internet and guides on GameFAQs and I caught on quickly. Everyone bashes EA Sports but their games are easy for casuals to play...

And even better for hardcore gamers. Taking the time to adjust the sliders is part of the fun.

But you would have no idea on how to set that stuff up without getting on the net. But I don't bash EA, actually the only games that own right now is Tiger Woods 07 and NCAA 08. My 360 is mainly used for my HD DVD add-on.

I find it hilarious that "hardcore" gamers call casuals losers. Which is the biggest loser: My friend that dumped his HOT girlfriend because she got fed up with him for not paying attention to her and she asked him to choose her or his gamesandhe chosevideogames, or me for thinking that RPG's are retarded (I don't care if you play them but I just don't care for them)

TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TekkenMaster606

The jocks and nerds comparison says it all.

There are 'core' gamers that play nothing but shooters, slashers, and sports games. And there are also 'core' gamers than can't get enough of geeky Japanese games and business sims. Casuals are a whole other ballgame.

akif22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 akif22
Member since 2003 • 16012 Posts

what really annoys me is that casuals can't tell the difference between good games and bad games

just look at the UK game sales charts to see what i mean

solidte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 solidte
Member since 2005 • 3616 Posts
Well Shadow of the Colossus as superb as it is isn't a really good game to give to play unless your really hardcore.
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TekkenMaster606

what really annoys me is that casuals can't tell the difference between good games and bad games

akif22

Uhm, core gamers and enthusiasts also buy crappy games too you know. I bought Genji and Untold Legends with my Playstation 3.

It's not just these so-called casuals buying up those games at the top. Even I bought Mario Party 8.

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Meu2k7

There are 'core' gamers that play nothing but shooters, slashers, and sports games. And there are also 'core' gamers than can't get enough of geeky Japanese games and business sims. Casuals are a whole other ballgame.

TekkenMaster606

Indeed, I play Football (Soccer to you americans) ... like ... once in 2 weeks with the guys at college, I absolutely suck, have no real ball control , all I'm good at is tackeling xD ... I'm just not in to it ... I do try dont get me wrong ... but tis jsut not my thing , same with casual gamers..

What annoys me is, you have people here calling eachother no-life nerds, its just pointless, thats the opinion of all the closed-minded non-gamers .. why cause even more problems between eachother?

Here in the UK Football is the most popular sport, on television and everywhere else ... you get silly apraisals like " Football - The Beautiful Game , "True Heroes" .... blah blah blah, these people are no less nerdy than gaming fanatics....

HoldThePhone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 HoldThePhone
[QUOTE="akif22"]

TekkenMaster606

Uhm, core gamers and enthusiasts also buy crappy games too you know. I bought Genji and Untold Legends with my Playstation 3.

It's not just these so-called casuals buying up those games at the top. Even I bought Mario Party 8.

every mario party is awsome. the rate them lower because they are all the same, but we dont care =p.

TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TekkenMaster606
An American owns the Manchester United. I love it.
HoldThePhone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 HoldThePhone
[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]

Meu2k7

Indeed, I play Football (Soccer to you americans) ... like ... once in 2 weeks with the guys at college, I absolutely suck, have no real ball control , all I'm good at is tackeling xD ... I'm just not in to it ... I do try dont get me wrong ... but tis jsut not my thing , same with casual gamers..

What annoys me is, you have people here calling eachother no-life nerds, its just pointless, thats the opinion of all the closed-minded non-gamers .. why cause even more problems between eachother?

Here in the UK Football is the most popular sport, on television and everywhere else ... you get silly apraisals like " Football - The Beautiful Game , "True Heroes" .... blah blah blah, these people are no less nerdy than gaming fanatics....

you speak the truth but alot of stereotypes go against gamers, and for good reason.

When you game, you sit on your ass for hours.

You stay inside when you game

People who game a lot obviously do alot of sitting, and staying inside. Which leads to all the socially inept "nerds" at your school. However, you can break this stereotype. I hate the gamer stereotype, I purposely try to break it by working out every day, going to parties, hanging out with friends reguraly, and i am also getting into soccer even though I suck =p ( i have some polish friends here in the U.S teaching me).

Do what you you're into, and don't bash others because they don't do what you do. This goes for gamers and non-gamers. The coolest people I know are people who are a mix of both.

TheOneMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40 TheOneMan
Member since 2006 • 2952 Posts
You can't really blame casuals because they don't play games religiously like we do. Videogames are our thing, and if casuals can't be interested in a certain game then I won't call them thick for it.
bforrester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bforrester
Member since 2003 • 481 Posts
[QUOTE="bforrester"]

porzdeadline

well said (by the way i used to do jiujistu or however you spell it but now i do thaiboxing)

I'd like to learn Thai too. I'm a somewhat casual MMA fan and my favorite fighter, Wanderlei Silva, it a Muay Thai guy.