This topic is locked from further discussion.

Corvidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Corvidae
Member since 2003 • 4357 Posts

I noticed that the only games I was playing on it after SMG were GC games. Never been so disappointed in a console. Nintendo discovered the "gimmicky crap sells" formula and is going to milk every penny they can out of it. Between that and the awful PS2 ports, it's a disaster. I was hoping it would be more like the DS, with a great mix of everything, but I was sorely wrong.

Blah, I've owned every Nintendo system since the NES and I will happily be jumping off the bandwagon. I'm not a normal system wars poster but I had to vent, I guess.

This whole generation has been a little disappointing compared to the last (and comparing the original at the same point in it's life span).Seems like I'll eventually go with the PS3 because of the Xbox's frequent breaking and Microsoft's shortening of the console life. Anyone else feel like 512 (or whatever) will be announced next year?

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#2 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts
thats nice
Corvidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Corvidae

thats niceair_wolf_cubed

Saying nothing at all would have actually said more.

EDIT: If you're a hardcore Wii fanboy, don't enter a thread titled "Sold my Wii" in System Wars. You won't agree with the content.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
I don't blame you for selling it...but you should've at least picked prime 3 and brawl.
Corvidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Corvidae

I don't lalme you for selling it...but you should've at least picked prime 3 and brawl.Shinobishyguy

I actually had SMG, MP3, and Brawl. I traded in Brawl a while ago (just isn't for me), and I thought MP3 was really good. But ultimately not worth keeping the system for.

blushield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 blushield
Member since 2008 • 736 Posts

There's some good stuff getting announced but I see where you're coming from

Th softare library is looking pretty pathetic until next year

PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PC360Wii
Member since 2007 • 4658 Posts

Selling mine to my friend and his GF for £200 ^^ , going to buy a ATI 4870 1GB Vram with it, and give my 8800 to one f our other friends that has a poor PC. :) well worth it.

Wii multiplayer machine ... yea if its multiplayer had any substance :S

angry_fork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 angry_fork
Member since 2008 • 2184 Posts

TC I would've sold mine a long time ago but It's kind of a pride issue with me. I've never sold any game-related stuff before so I don't want to.

Plus I have like 2% faith in a Starfox Wii, which is what I really want. But mine is just flat out collecting dust, I got 120 stars in Galaxy and it was a great game but not as good as Mario 64 for me. Twilight Princess i'm getting annoyed with the wolf parts so I stopped playing it.

I really would love a solid successor to Starfox 64 and Donkey Kong 64, it's not fair that Nintendo has the resources to develop and market a million casual titles, but they can't make ONE "hardcore" game for the rest of us? Mario Galaxy, Brawl, and a Twilight Princess port are not enough for me, and it shouldn't be enough for anybody else, when PS3/360 gets so many good games.

Anyway, like I said I won't sell it because of those other reasons, even though i'm sure i can get a lot of money for it because dumb people pay dumb prices for hot items.

Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9 Pinkyimp
Member since 2006 • 3623 Posts

Selling mine to my friend and his GF for £200 ^^ , going to buy a ATI 4870 1GB Vram with it, and give my 8800 to one f our other friends that has a poor PC. :) well worth it.

Wii multiplayer machine ... yea if its multiplayer had any substance :S

PC360Wii

im close to doing the exact same thing..then i can update my banner with 4870 video card :)

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

I keep mine because it's nice to entertain people with, even some of the shovelware with friends is fun.

Like Mario and Sonic at teh olympics.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Thats too bad -- I like my Wii, I think its a great console if you want some unique titles -- Though, I can see why you might be disappointed with it -- its not for everyone.
angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
I don't want to sell it but i would happily swap it for a Ps3.
Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#13 Pinkyimp
Member since 2006 • 3623 Posts

I don't want to sell it but i would happily swap it for a Ps3.angelkimne

um...who wouldent?

Mckenna1845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mckenna1845
Member since 2005 • 4410 Posts

i'm currently thinking about selling my wii, i just don't use. i enjoyed zak & wiki, metroid and mario galaxy, and thought zelda was ok, but i just can't see when i will get more use out of it, as i currently have pc, 360 and a ps2. so it's not like i will get round to using it.

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#15 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]I don't lalme you for selling it...but you should've at least picked prime 3 and brawl.Corvidae

I actually had SMG, MP3, and Brawl. I traded in Brawl a while ago (just isn't for me), and I thought MP3 was really good. But ultimately not worth keeping the system for.

Is that all you played is those 3 games?
angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts

[QUOTE="angelkimne"]I don't want to sell it but i would happily swap it for a Ps3.Pinkyimp

um...who wouldent?

IDK. Casuals ???
blushield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 blushield
Member since 2008 • 736 Posts

I don't want to sell it but i would happily swap it for a Ps3.angelkimne

Wait for christmas, you'll get loads for it

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

What's the point of this topic?

Not every system/game is for everyone. Next time do a better job researching your purchase before throwing down your cash.

Corvidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Corvidae
[QUOTE="Corvidae"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]I don't lalme you for selling it...but you should've at least picked prime 3 and brawl.air_wolf_cubed

Is that all you played is those 3 games?

No, that's all I owned. The Wii has some fun titles, I won't argue against that. Just not enough that interest me in anyway.

Corvidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Corvidae

What's the point of this topic?

Not every system/game is for everyone. Next time do a better job researching your purchase before throwing down your cash.

Rocky32189

Copy and past for you...

"If you're a hardcore Wii fanboy, don't enter a thread titled "Sold my Wii" in System Wars. You won't agree with the content."

Research doesn't see two years into the future since stuff is announced at unpredictable intervals. And to answer your question: it's system wars.

kaangonultas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kaangonultas
Member since 2008 • 1647 Posts
how much did you sell it for
Mystery-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Mystery-
Member since 2007 • 2144 Posts
I am think about seling mine....
wassup432

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#23 wassup432
Member since 2007 • 1025 Posts

TC I felt the same way except I didn't sell the Wii. Instead, I gave it to my uncle.

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
Do you have something against your blog?
mylsd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mylsd
Member since 2004 • 1190 Posts
Oh well, sorry you didn't like the Wii, I never understood or agreed with selling a console but ... to each their own. I can count 16 games for the Wii that I enjoyed throughly, 12 for the 360, and 4 for the PS3, doesn't mean I'm gonna sell my PS3, I know in the next 3-4 years some more good games will come, but I guess if your strapped for cash sacrifices must be made.
Corvidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Corvidae

Do you have something against your blog?killab2oo5

Yes.

Avatar image for ChocolateCake10
ChocolateCake10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ChocolateCake10
Member since 2008 • 759 Posts
how much you sell it for?
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
Why would you sell it now instead of during the holidays? I guarantee you wouldv'e made more money TC.
BubbyJello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BubbyJello
Member since 2007 • 2750 Posts

Probably only played 4 games then said it sucks, all the while completely ignoring all of the amazing cult games for the system, of course.

To truly enjoy the Wii, you need to buy many games, not just a hand full. I mainly play the Wii and have 27 games for it, and so far I feel this gen is far more enjoyable to last gen. With the PS1/N64 gen being my favorite.

randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 randomguy15
Member since 2008 • 1981 Posts
I agree the Wii isn't for everyone, but I enjoy mine. Like everyone said you should've waited for the holidays though. Next year though I will have a wii and a x-box360 and be very happy. Many hardcore games are coming next year for both systems.
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Probably only played 4 games then said it sucks, all the while completely ignoring all of the amazing cult games for the system, of course.

To truly enjoy the Wii, you need to buy many games, not just a hand full. I mainly play the Wii and have 27 games for it, and so far I feel this gen is far more enjoyable to last gen. With the PS1/N64 gen being my favorite.

BubbyJello

like what are these amazing cult games exactly.. he mentioned zack and wiki and the other big titles, Ive rented about 30 wii games in my time and enjoyed about 4 or 5 but werent worth buying because they were over so quickly, ive bought 9 but most were dissapointments (super paper mario, red steel, TP, super mario strikers, ect. ) But i agree with the tc, the wii doesnt have enough for alot of people to be worth keeping and is the biggest dissapointment this gen. I waited in line for like 4 hours for that thing, spent months waiting being so excited for what ended up being the worst nintendo console ever (virtual boy doesnt count).

nintendogamer6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 nintendogamer6
Member since 2006 • 1772 Posts

i didn't sell mine just because of the slim chance that another good game will come out on it

but i did get a 360

Cheese-Muffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Cheese-Muffins
Member since 2008 • 569 Posts
just want to know.. how much did you sell it for?
Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts

[QUOTE="angelkimne"]I don't want to sell it but i would happily swap it for a Ps3.Pinkyimp

um...who wouldent?

anyone with taste in video games :D
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
hope you got some good cash for it :) None of the Wii games really intrest me, if i had to buy an nintendo console i think i'ld take the N64, the original brawl is a great game when you have friends round and it's cheap so i can still aford to keep my gaming pc up to date. Might get some more controllers for my PS2 though as i've already got some and games are nice and chep now, just for splitscreen when friends come over :)
Ninten007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ninten007
Member since 2005 • 3129 Posts

Just like you, my friend.

I was a hardcore Nintendo fanboy who refused to play anything but Nintendo right up til the end of the Cube, I got gimped over Twlight Princess coming to Wii first and GC got pushed aside.

Saw what crap the Wii was, waited a year and a half into the new gen and got myself a PS3. Aint been much happier.

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts

um...who wouldent?

then he could sell it and buy two Wiis then trade them in.... it's a plan only a genious could come up with

sherlock99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#38 sherlock99
Member since 2005 • 1600 Posts
i sold my 360 after playing Bomberman: Act Zero and hail to the chimp nothing but shovelware I'm glad i sold that crap
beerm_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 beerm_basic
Member since 2002 • 2488 Posts

i sold my 360 after playing Bomberman: Act Zero and hail to the chimp nothing but shovelware I'm glad i sold that crapsherlock99

lies

i dont play the wii me and bro have..my bro still does if he stops thou im selling it as i dont want it

BubbyJello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BubbyJello
Member since 2007 • 2750 Posts
[QUOTE="BubbyJello"]

VendettaRed07

like what are these amazing cult games exactly.. he mentioned zack and wiki and the other big titles, Ive rented about 30 wii games in my time and enjoyed about 4 or 5 but werent worth buying because they were over so quickly, ive bought 9 but most were dissapointments (super paper mario, red steel, TP, super mario strikers, ect. ) But i agree with the tc, the wii doesnt have enough for alot of people to be worth keeping and is the biggest dissapointment this gen. I waited in line for like 4 hours for that thing, spent months waiting being so excited for what ended up being the worst nintendo console ever (virtual boy doesnt count).

And yet you still have it.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts
[QUOTE="VendettaRed07"][QUOTE="BubbyJello"]

BubbyJello

And yet you still have it.

cause im lucky to have enough money that i dont need to sell it, just incase some time in the future there might be something im interested in

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

Not surprise. And Good for you.

As with a lot of my friends who grew up on Nintendo since NES, many of them have jumped off the bandwagon after GC and many of them completely given up on Nintendo after E3 2008.

Corvidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Corvidae

BubbyJello

I don't have the time or money to own 27 games in less than 2 years, but I've played more than a handful (which would be 5?). But thanks for the assumption and thanks for playing. And I don't know many people that would agree on 27 games worth owning on the Wii.

And for those asking, I sold it for $240 (plus some VC games and other stuff). eBay is freakin' packed with them now.

fbigent34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 fbigent34
Member since 2007 • 2389 Posts
So you sell a console knowing that developers werent doing good as they should? You are jumping the gun too quick oh well. Your lost not mine.