So...Apparently The VGA's Are On Tonight

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Obviously_Right (5324 posts) -

vga-2012-spike-tv.jpg

I'm only watching it for the trailers, I swear. Times below.

Friday, December 7, 9 PM ET / 6 PM PT / 2 AM GMT

REVEALS/PREMIERES:

DARK SOULS 2

Trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPJaJ5ys_G0

darksouls22530.jpg

The Phantom Pain (MGSV?)

Trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSfajBs2nyQ

d3fbf348a77c2ff25eeeeff39ff2a03f.jpg

TLOU Gets A Release Date

New Trailer:http://gamingeverything.com/34986/the-last-of-us-vga-2012-trailer-live-performance-release-date/

screen-shot-2012-12-07-at-9.36.20-pm.jpg

May 7th 2013!

Gears of War: Judgment

Trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKKdHR5uoPA

judgment-default-hero.jpg

Bioshock: Infinite

Trailer:http://gamingeverything.com/35006/bioshock-infinite-vga-2012-trailer/

bioshock-infinite-logo-01.jpg

South Park: The Stick Of Truth

Trailer:http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvph9d_south-park-the-stick-of-truth-world-premiere-trailer-vga-10_videogames#.UMN5FOTZbyc

South-Park-The-Stick-of-Truth-E3-2012-Tr

Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow II

Trailer:http://gamingeverything.com/34989/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-vga-2012-trailer/

Castlevania_20Lords20of20Shadow20220_20V

Assassins Creed III: Tyranny of King George DLC

Trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYwwVdT9g_Y

ac3_news_dlc_350x468tcm1966374.jpg

AWARDS:

Game of the Year - The Walking Dead: The Game (Telltale Games)

hug_530x298.jpg

Studio of the Year - Telltale Games

Best Xbox 360 Game - Halo 4 (Microsoft Studios/343 Industries)

Best PS3 Game - Journey (Sony Computer Entertainment/thatgamecompany)

Best Wii / Wii-U Game - New Super Mario Bros. U (Nintendo)

Best PC Game - XCOM: Enemy Unknown (2K Games/Firaxis Games)

Best Handheld / Mobile Game -Sound Shapes (Sony Computer Entertainment/Queasy Games)

Best Shooter - Borderlands 2 (2K Games/Gearbox Software)

Best Action Adventure Game - Dishonored (Bethesda Softworks/Arkane Studios)

Best RPG - Mass Effect 3 (Electronic Arts/BioWare)

Best Multi-Player Game - Borderlands 2 (2K Games/Gearbox Software)

Best Individual Sports Game - SSX (Electronic Arts/EA Canada)

Best Team Sports Game - NBA 2K13 (2K Sports/Visual Concepts)

Best Driving Game - Need For Speed Most Wanted (Electronic Arts/Criterion Games)

Best Fighting Game - Persona 4 Arena (Atlus/ARC System Works/Atlus)

Best Adapted Video Game - The Walking Dead: The Game (Telltale Games)

Best Independent Game - Journey (thatgamecompany)

Best Graphics - Halo 4 (Microsoft Studios/343 Industries)

Best Song in a Game - "Cities" by Beck (Sound Shapes)

Best Original Score - Journey (Sony Computer Entertainment/thatgamecompany)

Best Performance By a Human Male - Dameon Clarke as Handsome Jack (Borderlands 2)

Best Performance By a Human Female - Melissa Hutchison as Clementine (The Walking Dead: The Game)

Best Downloadable Game - The Walking Dead: The Game (Telltale Games)

Best Social Game - You Don't Know Jack (Jellyvision Games)

Best DLC - Dawnguard The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda Softworks/Bethesda Game Studios)

Most Anticipated Game - Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar Games)

#2 Posted by Da_Koolio_Gamer (202 posts) -

Destiny trailer?

#3 Posted by MaskedPlayer (892 posts) -

No thanks.I perfer awards by gaming Journalists eg.Gamespot.

I dont trust casual gamers giving awards anymore especially after gadget show said kinect was best gadget of the decade or somthing.

#4 Posted by Bruce_Benzing (1731 posts) -

vga-2012-spike-tv.jpg

I'm only watching it for the trailers, I swear. Times below.

Friday, December 7, 9 PM ET / 6 PM PT / 2 AM GMT

Obviously_Right

I'll just wait and watch the trailers online...

#5 Posted by freedomfreak (44943 posts) -
Yeah, gonna wait until the trailers I'm interested in, are available. I watched it once and it was painful.
#6 Posted by Heil68 (48743 posts) -
 Seriously, have never watched one and dont plan on it.
#7 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7640 posts) -

Yeah, gonna wait until the trailers I'm interested in, are available. I watched it once and it was painful.freedomfreak
That is what I am doing. I will wait a hour or two after the show and then head to Gametrailers.

#8 Posted by Crazyguy105 (9513 posts) -

I might watch it to see how terrible and cringeworthy it is this year, but I probably won't to avoid giving any money to Spike.

#9 Posted by jdc6305 (4110 posts) -

I'm not sitting through an hour of commercials just to see 10 minutes worth of trailers. I'll wait for them to hit the web.

#10 Posted by Wiimotefan (4145 posts) -

This is the one event every year where all System Warriors come together and bash the greater enemy. And for good reason.

#11 Posted by Yangire (8795 posts) -

Going to watch it to see how low they can go.

#12 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7640 posts) -

You know if they made it more for gamers then maybe I would watch. Sam Jackson is hosting for example but what does he have to do with games? They will have people give awards like the cast of Glee but they should have developers do it. Also normally that award show talks down to gamers.

#13 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3286 posts) -
I'll watch the Lakers vs Thunder instead. Don't want to see Doritos and Mountain Dew commercials. Also Geoff Keighly is a b!tch.
#14 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

VGA's are an abomination, ...but I'll still watch for the trailers.

Hope we see a lot on Destiny. It's most likely gonna be a reveal trailer, but I'd like to see gameplay.

#15 Posted by TrapJak (2933 posts) -

Yeah....I'm watching it.

<.<

>.>

Don't judge me.

#16 Posted by freedomfreak (44943 posts) -

Yeah....I'm watching it.

<.<

>.>

Don't judge me.

TrapJak
Boooooh!!
#17 Posted by ShadowDeathX (10935 posts) -
Too bad I'll be working lol.
#18 Posted by TheEpicGoat (2006 posts) -

All I want to see is a trailer from Bungie.

#19 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

Fallout 4 reveal anyone?

#20 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -

This is the one event every year where all System Warriors come together and bash the greater enemy. And for good reason.

Wiimotefan
Agreed. Going to be hilarious. I'm also awaiting the new trailers for games.
#22 Posted by TheEpicGoat (2006 posts) -

Fallout 4 reveal anyone?

Vari3ty

In 2010 Bethesda said they had 2 games in development so it is possible.

#23 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

Fallout 4 reveal anyone?

Vari3ty

OHHHHHHHH

MYYYYYY

GODDDDDDDDDDDDD

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS PLEAAAASSSSSEEEEEEE

#24 Posted by AmayaPapaya (9029 posts) -

The VGAs are terrible. I watched it once and it was based on a bunch of stereotypes. The only reason to watch is for the trailers.

#25 Posted by EPaul (9907 posts) -

I will look out for the trailers on GT tomorrow thanks for the heads up

#26 Posted by clyde46 (47870 posts) -

The VGAs are terrible. I watched it once and it was based on a bunch of stereotypes. The only reason to watch is for the trailers.

AmayaPapaya
#27 Posted by padaporra (3464 posts) -

I have mixed feeling about VGA. They are very disorganized, and they seem to have little criteria picking the winners in each category. But somestimes they do do things right. I remember the presentations for GOTY in 2010 were amazing.

#28 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
Poor lems they're going to spend a night butthurting over Journey getting the best game award and Halol 4 no even getting nominated.
#29 Posted by clyde46 (47870 posts) -
Poor lems they're going to spend a night butthurting over Journey getting the best game award and Halol 4 no even getting nominated.kuraimen
Dude, this is the VGA's. Its got "bro" gamers written all over it. It will be Halo and COD all night.
#30 Posted by Bruce_Benzing (1731 posts) -

Poor lems they're going to spend a night butthurting over Journey getting the best game award and Halol 4 no even getting nominated.kuraimen
Welcome to Kuri's world of warped real;ity. Where everyone that just said anything negative about the VGA's is automatically a 'Lem'...

#31 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

Fallout 4 reveal anyone?

Vari3ty

That'd be awesome, but I doubt it...

#32 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Poor lems they're going to spend a night butthurting over Journey getting the best game award and Halol 4 no even getting nominated.clyde46
Dude, this is the VGA's. Its got "bro" gamers written all over it. It will be Halo and COD all night.

The nominees for best games have no COD and Halo. Brogamers are the definition of lems but this VGAs actually have shown some taste.
#33 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

Yeah, gonna wait until the trailers I'm interested in, are available. I watched it once and it was painful.freedomfreak

Good point, I'm not the target audience for that show, so I won't bother. All it can offer me is a slight headache...

#34 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

I just hope it's better than last year, even with more games and gamers on display, the actual awards went by in a breeze and they actually pissed off Mark Hamill and some of the nominees because of the lack of care given to the awards in favor of Felicia Day slicing fruit.

I mean, I like Felicia Day, but come on guys... really?

#35 Posted by freedomfreak (44943 posts) -

I just hope it's better than last year, even with more games and gamers on display, the actual awards went by in a breeze and they actually pissed off Mark Hamill and some of the nominees because of the lack of care given to the awards in favor of Felicia Day slicing fruit.

SPYDER0416
rofl. Your sig. Didn't even notice it was Walt when I first looked.
#36 Posted by moistsandwich (25 posts) -

I'm going to watch it.

A quick question.... are any of you gamers? Any gamer would want to watch it, not because it matters what is chosen for GOTY necessarily.

But reveals are a big part of what we thrive on as gamers, especially on these forums.

The VGA's weren't that bad last year.... its funny how many people here will take 1 persons word as gospel if they work for Gamespot, but if its a group of reviewers voting for the best games of the year... its crap... just because the VGA's used to be horrible.

#37 Posted by CR00K (2647 posts) -
Yes! I've already got my Mountain Dew and Doritos ready, bro! I hope they announce new maps for BLOPS, bro! Let's do it, bros! Bro, bro, bro! For real though, I'm only watching it for The Last of Us and whatever new announcements that they're hyping up. I would just wait until the trailers hit the web,but TLOU is killing me! I need this game now, damnit!
#38 Posted by TheEpicGoat (2006 posts) -

Oh yeah, something from DICE seems likely probably Battlefield: BC3 to go against CoD.

#40 Posted by clone01 (25455 posts) -

No thanks.I perfer awards by gaming Journalists eg.Gamespot.

I dont trust casual gamers giving awards anymore especially after gadget show said kinect was best gadget of the decade or somthing.

MaskedPlayer
Its a pretty silly show, but they do sometimes have new trailers (not that you couldn't watch them online after release).
#42 Posted by finalstar2007 (26260 posts) -

Is there a live stream that i use to watch the whole event?

#43 Posted by Yangire (8795 posts) -

I'm going to watch it.

A quick question.... are any of you gamers? Any gamer would want to watch it, not because it matters what is chosen for GOTY necessarily.

But reveals are a big part of what we thrive on as gamers, especially on these forums.

The VGA's weren't that bad last year.... its funny how many people here will take 1 persons word as gospel if they work for Gamespot, but if its a group of reviewers voting for the best games of the year... its crap... just because the VGA's used to be horrible.

moistsandwich

Some people don't care about the games they announce at the VGA's.

#44 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

freedomfreak

Also, Gordon Freeman and Walter White both live in New Mexico and are science geniuses with no qualms when it comes to shooting and murdering their fellow humans...

coincidence????

#46 Posted by CR00K (2647 posts) -
Any links? Or will they not make a livestream this year? I hear that Xbox 360 owners will have a livestream, but the Internetz doesn't seem to have one.......yet :PDesmonic
Any links? Or will they not make a livestream this year? I hear that Xbox 360 owners will have a livestream, but the Internetz doesn't seem to have one.......yet :PDesmonic

Is there a live stream that i use to watch the whole event?

finalstar2007
I saw an advertisement that said "On Spike TV and Spike.com" Whether you have to be a member of something or not, I'm not sure. Hopefully not. I'm trying to watch the Lakers/Thunder and this simultaneously.
#48 Posted by painguy1 (8686 posts) -

I'm going to watch it.

moistsandwich

tumblr_lw2lkx9Bzk1qkt47fo3_400.gif

I don't care how much better it has gotten. They went to far, and they cannot redeem themselves.

#49 Posted by CR00K (2647 posts) -
Just a warning to everyone. If there's a game you haven't finished this year that's up for an award, don't watch this stupid show. They spoiled the RDR ending for me in 2010. ragesohard
#50 Posted by freedomfreak (44943 posts) -

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

SPYDER0416

Also, Gordon Freeman and Walter White both live in New Mexico and are science geniuses with no qualms when it comes to shooting and murdering their fellow humans...

coincidence????

:o I think not!!