So will you be able to play 3DS games on the DS and DSi?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jetslalom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jetslalom
Member since 2010 • 574 Posts

topic, will they discontinue ds and dsi games, for the 3ds?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#2 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
At this point, I don't think anyone is certain about that.
Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts

The 3DS is a new handheld. Its games will not be playable on the DS/DSi.That's like saying Blu-rays can be played on DVD players (which they can't).

They will however make DS/DSi games until there is no longer a demand for them, and you can easily play your DS/DSi catalogue on 3DS.

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts
It's supposed to have gamecube quality graphics so probably not.
ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts

Doubt it, it's suppose to be the successor to the DS. Since it's suppose to have GC graphics, yeah.

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

your asking alot of questions and seem very interested in it but didnt you just say its going to fail?,anyways to answer your qestion wait to e3 or something i dont think anybody knows

jetslalom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jetslalom
Member since 2010 • 574 Posts

your asking alot of questions and seem very interested in it but didnt you just say its going to fail?,anyways to answer your qestion wait to e3 or something i dont think anybody knows

Mario1331

what ?? when did i say it will fail? i said people will keep buying it along with all the 3dsi's and 3dsi xls that will continue to come out

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

jetslalom

what ?? when did i say it will fail? i said people will keep buying it along with all the 3dsi's and 3dsi xls that will continue to come out

oh then it wasnt you my bad:P

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts

Backwards compatibility with DS and DSi software was confirmed in the announcement. Whether that means it will take the carts or they will simply have games available for download I don't know (though Nintendo's history would suggest the former).

My guess is that they will quickly discontinue the DS Lite when the 3DS is launched. While the DSi and DSi XL will run along side it for awhile.

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

backward compatability was confirmed in the announcement

Avatar image for ChihuahuasMagic
ChihuahuasMagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 ChihuahuasMagic
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

What the heck????? I am NOT going to go and buy a new ds just to play one or two games I want and in 3d! Common sense Nintendo, we understand that after a gameboy line of like 12 years, its time to move on to a new system, but the original ds is only like 5 and the dsi like 3 and the dsi xl is not even 1 yet!!!!! Like at least when they made the dsi, all the games that came out after that you could still buy for the ds lite, but now we can't buy the games they make unless we want to play like $170 bucks (plus another 30 for the game)???? My god, my dsi is only like 2 years old, I'm not going to buy a 3ds. They should just mkae the 3ds (for the buttheads who are going to abandon the newborn dsi for a 200 dollar peice of crap) but when they make the games for it, make them compatible for the dsis and ds lite, just that you can't play them in 3d. it would save a lot of their fans a lot of outrage. But I do want Kid Icarus Uprising. But I'm not going to pay 200 just to get it.

If you know you're not going to abandon your poor dsi or ds lite for the 3ds just to get another good game or two, put the following in your post:

LEGENDS NEVER DIE! THE DSI AND DS LITE WERE LEGENDS! BUT 3DS WILL DIE DIE DIE!!!!!

DerpyMcDerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 DerpyMcDerp
Member since 2010 • 1165 Posts

What the heck????? I am NOT going to go and buy a new ds just to play one or two games I want and in 3d! Common sense Nintendo, we understand that after a gameboy line of like 12 years, its time to move on to a new system, but the original ds is only like 5 and the dsi like 3 and the dsi xl is not even 1 yet!!!!! Like at least when they made the dsi, all the games that came out after that you could still buy for the ds lite, but now we can't buy the games they make unless we want to play like $170 bucks (plus another 30 for the game)???? My god, my dsi is only like 2 years old, I'm not going to buy a 3ds. They should just mkae the 3ds (for the buttheads who are going to abandon the newborn dsi for a 200 dollar peice of crap) but when they make the games for it, make them compatible for the dsis and ds lite, just that you can't play them in 3d. it would save a lot of their fans a lot of outrage. But I do want Kid Icarus Uprising. But I'm not going to pay 200 just to get it.

If you know you're not going to abandon your poor dsi or ds lite for the 3ds just to get another good game or two, put the following in your post:

LEGENDS NEVER DIE! THE DSI AND DS LITE WERE LEGENDS! BUT 3DS WILL DIE DIE DIE!!!!!

ChihuahuasMagic

Hahahahahahaha, oh wow!

jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 jalexbrown
Member since 2006 • 11432 Posts
[QUOTE="ChihuahuasMagic"]

New systems come out, and that upsets you? Might I recommend another hobby?
jessmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 jessmaster13
Member since 2009 • 3170 Posts

ChihuahuasMagic

lolwut

That's like being mad about not being able to play PS3 games on a PS2 :/