So...why own a PS4 during launch, now?

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by percech (5237 posts) -

Watch Dogs is being delayed and the only thing left is Killzone. Killzone? Well, I guess I should cancel my ambien prescription, I'll sleep like a baby playing this snoozefest.

#2 Posted by finalstar2007 (25276 posts) -

Getting it because:

• i want to try the new features that will come with the system
  • i want to get used to the controller
  • i want to play the next gen Call of Duty:Ghosts on it using the new controller
  • i want to try the share button myself
  • I want to play Infamous:Second Son
  • Most of my friends are getting a PS4 at launch and CoD
  • All those who are getting a PS4 also getting CoD Ghosts and BF4 on it so i want to join them

Since im a huge fan of the CoD franchise having only CoD:Ghosts on the system is more than enough to keep me busy till infamous: Second Son :D

1 Month left for the biggest next gen console baby!

#3 Posted by freedomfreak (40902 posts) -

I see no reason to. It has nothing interesting.

Will get it somewhere in February or March.

#4 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9811 posts) -

LOL.... this thread is weak.

Troll harder TC

#5 Edited by Chutebox (37356 posts) -

Another troll thread by Percech, surprise!

#6 Posted by lundy86_4 (43526 posts) -

Hold on, I answered this... Found it...

@lundy86_4 said:

PS4:

1. AC4
  2. BF4
  3. DriveClub
  4. KZ

#7 Posted by the330and419 (223 posts) -

Great qyestion actually. Cows are just buying it on hype alone. They heard 399 and went crazy. They didn't stop to think exactly what they would play on the hype machine. Ps3 is still the better choice this holiday than ps4 and that's sad.

#8 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Same, I've been in this mindset since E3. All the games launching I either don't want or can play on my PC

#9 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (7417 posts) -

10/10 thread. The PS4 has nothing worth buying it for. Borezone: Framerate fall..........6/10. Hahahaha.

#10 Posted by lundy86_4 (43526 posts) -

@the330and419 said:

Great qyestion actually. Cows are just buying it on hype alone. They heard 399 and went crazy. They didn't stop to think exactly what they would play on the hype machine. Ps3 is still the better choice this holiday than ps4 and that's sad.

Couldn't that be said of any console? The previous console, will always have the better library.

#11 Posted by lostrib (37606 posts) -

to play multiplats if you have a shitty PC?

#12 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

I'm getting it for Killzone: Shadow Fall, which I'm genuinely interested in because I loved KZ2 (didn't play KZ3) and am amazed by SF's graphics. I'm also getting it merely for the novelty of having one.

#13 Posted by dream431ca (10165 posts) -

Because it looks cool...and to play games.

#14 Posted by mems_1224 (47248 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

Getting it because:

• i want to try the new features that will come with the system
  • i want to get used to the controller
  • i want to play the next gen Call of Duty:Ghosts on it using the new controller
  • i want to try the share button myself
  • I want to play Infamous:Second Son
  • Most of my friends are getting a PS4 at launch and CoD
  • All those who are getting a PS4 also getting CoD Ghosts and BF4 on it so i want to join them

Since im a huge fan of the CoD franchise having only CoD:Ghosts on the system is more than enough to keep me busy till infamous: Second Son :D

1 Month left for the biggest next gen console baby!

LOL at getting a new console for call of duty. so stupid

#15 Posted by MonsieurX (30416 posts) -

Why own either consoles at launch?

#16 Posted by Bigboi500 (29999 posts) -

For Knack... :| :) :D lol

#17 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14431 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

10/10 thread. The PS4 has nothing worth buying it for. Borezone: Framerate fall..........6/10. Hahahaha.

Is your avatar wearing a bicycle helmet?

If so, it's fitting.

#18 Posted by aroxx_ab (10051 posts) -

Assassin's Creed Black Flag

#19 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9626 posts) -

Why own any console at launch?

#20 Posted by foxhound_fox (88688 posts) -

The only people who are interested in early adoption are of two kinds:

1) They have large amounts of disposable income and like being on the bleeding edge of consumer products.

-or-

2) They are raging brand-whores who need to own the next major iteration of their favourite company's product.

#21 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9811 posts) -
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

If so, it's fitting.

#22 Posted by DanteSuikoden (3418 posts) -

Who the fuck was going to buy it for Watchdogs in the first place?

#23 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

@DanteSuikoden said:

Who the fuck was going to buy it for Watchdogs in the first place?

i seen some fools said they getting it for ps4 because it had "extra" content... IDK why people care about that crap, i be it's deleted content that didn't fit in or wasn't up to par

#24 Posted by -RPGamer- (34283 posts) -

I was actually more interested in ACIV and the digital games at launch than I was for Watch_Dogs. Plus this just makes 2014 that much sweeter with Second Son and Watch_Dogs coming.

#25 Posted by AAllxxjjnn (19988 posts) -

Why ever own a console? They're inferior to PC in every way.

#26 Posted by -RPGamer- (34283 posts) -

@AAllxxjjnn said:

The exclusives? The console experience?

#27 Edited by dreamdude (4615 posts) -

I don't get any console at launch any more. Second Son could have changed my mind on that though.

I'll be getting a PS4 in February.

#28 Posted by danjammer69 (4120 posts) -

lol, percech thread.

#29 Edited by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@freedomfreak said:

Same, I've been in this mindset since E3. All the games launching I either don't want or can play on my PC

Mmm. I want to, want to get a PS4, but nothing compels me to.

#30 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

I see no reason to get one.

#31 Posted by Giancar (19068 posts) -

If I could get one I would.

Sony consoles are future proof and I am dying for new consoles (for a technical jump) since 2 years or so.

#32 Edited by Shewgenja (9616 posts) -

Thread # 347863209123980 where a Lem asks "Why would you buy a PS4 at launch?" As if anyone is sitting on the fence to get an XBone at this point.. #Dealwithit

#33 Posted by NineTailedGoku (1927 posts) -

@mems_1224: Maybe he's getting it for the same reasons you're getting a X1. Does that bother you? U mad?

#34 Posted by NineTailedGoku (1927 posts) -

@percech: You do know that Watch Dogs was also delayed for X1 right?

#36 Edited by ButDuuude (475 posts) -

@AAllxxjjnn said:

#37 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

The only people who are interested in early adoption are of two kinds:

1) They have large amounts of disposable income and like being on the bleeding edge of consumer products.

-or-

2) They are raging brand-whores who need to own the next major iteration of their favourite company's product.

SO buying product soon as it releases makes you one of those? L~O~L

YOU SIR is an idiot.

#38 Posted by Solid_Link22 (5654 posts) -

because I want to own one at launch

#39 Posted by Ovirew (6393 posts) -

Actually had Watchdogs on pre-order because it looked interesting, but cancelled it a week or two ago. Happy I did that now.

Anyway, Watchdogs wasn't a system-seller to me like Knack and inFamous are. And there are a lot of good PSN titles on the way.

#40 Posted by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

For the games.

#41 Posted by Arthas045 (5248 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

If so, it's fitting.

That did make me laugh.

#42 Edited by Rattlesnake_8 (18414 posts) -

Watch Dogs isn't a reason to buy a next gen system.. it's just one game and it's on current gen. There are a heap of great games coming, I can wait for Watch Dogs.. In the meantime people will be playing; COD, BF4, Creed, Need for Speed, Fifa, Madden, Killzone 4, Knack, Infamous, Minecraft etc etc.

#43 Edited by kipsta77 (1014 posts) -

Nothing too interesting about either console honestly. Gone are the days when we see massive leaps and innovations.

I'll probably get a PS4 sometime next year, in no rush though.

#44 Edited by casharmy (6833 posts) -

Other than the fact that it is the best upcoming console of the generation with the best collection of developers, most power, and biggest line up....

I want to support the companies that support me. Pretty simple huh?

Sony released 4 AAA quality games in a year where all other systems except for PC have thrown in the cards and left fans nothing but over priced paper weights. My dollars tell Sony "I approve" of their actions and "keep doing what you are doing".

ON ANOTHER NOTE:

Why own an xbox 1...ever

#45 Posted by Gue1 (10192 posts) -

because the PS4 is the most powerful console ever conceived.

#GreatnessAwaits

#46 Edited by casharmy (6833 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

#GreatnessAwaits

I see why Heil68 posts the way he does now, making out well constructed arguments for lemmings is pointless. It's better to just mock them with one liners and watch them rage and be mad that people don't want the new console from the company they worship

PS4ever Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah

#47 Edited by Basinboy (11230 posts) -

Because

That's why

#48 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (5222 posts) -

Becuase Killzone ShadowFall and XBONE sucks ass

#49 Posted by blackace (20885 posts) -

@percech said:

Watch Dogs is being delayed and the only thing left is Killzone. Killzone? Well, I guess I should cancel my ambien prescription, I'll sleep like a baby playing this snoozefest.

Getting it to play a few exclusive games. Crossing my fingers that some of them are actually good. There really isn't anything great coming out until the middle of next year. I'll most likely still be playing my 360 and PS3 more then the PS4 & XB1.

#50 Posted by blackace (20885 posts) -

@casharmy said:

@Gue1 said:

#GreatnessAwaits

I see why Heil68 posts the way he does now, making out well constructed arguments for lemmings is pointless. It's better to just mock them with one liners and watch them rage and be mad that people don't want the new console from the company they worship

PS4ever Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah

What's really funny is there are gamers on here who don't want either game console. lol!! Even the one you worship is irrelevant to many. Yes, your post is just as pointless as Heil68, even though I respect him a bit more. At least he has played the competition systems.