So who won Gamescom?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

Poll So who won Gamescom? (280 votes)

Microsoft 51%
Sony 48%

In your opinion, who had the better showing at Gamescom, and why? Who do you think made a better, more compelling case for their systems?

• 
sibu_xgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101  Edited By sibu_xgamer
Member since 2014 • 340 Posts

Glad to see SW realized that Sony is still wiping the floor with MS.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#102 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Bloodborne looks awesome.

Microsoft's exclusives look solid, but nothing spectacular.

PS4.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#103 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts
@StormyJoe said:

He has no idea. The only announcement made is "Xbox exclusive". He's hoping it's timed exclusive; which by Sony fan logic, that means it is timed exclusive.

I am sure Sony fans b*tched to high heaven when Sony went out and bought a bunch of studios (Naughty Dog) and games (Demon's Souls).

No, the announcement isn't "XBox exclusive", it's "Exclusive on XBox for holiday 2015". You don't have to qualify your statement when it's an actual exclusive, and they did.

And if you cannot see the difference between buying studios to fund development of new games and paying to artificially keep others from playing a game for a few weeks, then you're hopeless.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@StormyJoe: Looking at MS past history I'm gonna say it's about a 90% chance it's timed. Especially since MS isn't publishing it.

Expect a PS4 version about a year later.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts
@santoron said:
@StormyJoe said:

He has no idea. The only announcement made is "Xbox exclusive". He's hoping it's timed exclusive; which by Sony fan logic, that means it is timed exclusive.

I am sure Sony fans b*tched to high heaven when Sony went out and bought a bunch of studios (Naughty Dog) and games (Demon's Souls).

No, the announcement isn't "XBox exclusive", it's "Exclusive on XBox for holiday 2015". You don't have to qualify your statement when it's an actual exclusive, and they did.

And if you cannot see the difference between buying studios to fund development of new games and paying to artificially keep others from playing a game for a few weeks, then you're hopeless.

Funding more new IPs and games for gamers to play through 1st Party

vs.

Using $$$ and taking a popular huge 3rd Party franchise, and shelving the competition's versions.

----

Creation of new IPs and games

Vs.

Interruption of multiplatform games releases

GamersJustGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 GamersJustGame
Member since 2014 • 323 Posts

Sony, just based off the fact that TR shouldn't be an exclusive. That pissed me off. SE should be for gamers and allow people to play there game since MS has zero involvement centering around the bases that franchise. Not happy with MS, but they did have a great show. Sony's was great as well.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60702 Posts

@Gue1 said:

tomb raider though M$ are the devil.

All is well with SONY as TR is a mulit plat and doesn't count.

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

Microsoft did, but I really tire of the timed exclusive game. I saw it last gen, at the beginning especially, from Microsoft. I got a 360 specifically to play Mass Effect and then it showed up on PC the next year and PS3 down the road. I know timed exclusivity is necessary to build up hype and make your console appear more valuable, but I can't look at it the same way I can true exclusives that were financed, fostered and developed in house. Games like Rise of Tomb Raider are fake exclusives designed to temporarily boost the appeal of the Xbox brand. It's already a multiplatform game in 2015, and it will then likely be even more multiplatform in 2016.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By SolidTy

@StormyJoe said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@SolidTy: So timed exclusivity again? I really wish MS would just spend that money on new games.

I own the Xbone and 360 with a Gamerscore of 125,000. Yep, I'm top tier Xbox gamer according to Xbox.com. I can buy this TR game on 360 or Xbone, if I cared for TR, which I don't.

I am not a Tomb Raider fan as I've said for years since 2005 on these boards, and you have no idea at all if you haven't paid attention to Xbox Modus Operandi since Xbox original one. This is an SE IP, not a M$ IP.

Naughty Dog was bought in 2001 after only making Sony games. That didn't interrupt the creation on Jak and Daxter games from ND back then. I posted a link a month ago about ND's beginnings which was a rather awesome read. Anyways that ND purchase back then did spawn the creation of NEW IPS and New games. It's the same reason M$ bought Bungie for Halo which was due for Apple and PS2. Your point is not even remotely related to this situation.

Secondly, Demon's Souls was a new IP and funded by Sony to create a new game for gamers as they had done in the past. It was a new IP and not a popular franchise to be shelved for Xbox.

This is taking a super popular old franchise and buying timed exclusivity. CD was already working on TR and what this means is now this cross-gen (ew) 360 and Xbone game will be available first. Tomb Raider is a huge older franchise and you are comparing this TR "NDA exclusive deal" to new IPs created and funded by another company. This TR game was already underway from CD, M$ just came into to ensure it releases on 360 and Xbone exclusively in 2015. It's all in the wording, which I'll post below.

The way this money is being spent is not remotely the same.

Creation of new IPs and new games

vs.

Interruption of popular 3rd Party brands from releasing on other machines.

Head of Xbox Phil Spencer said it best:

“We’re saying what we said on stage,” said Spencer. “In Holiday 2015, Rise of the Tomb Raider will be exclusive to Xbox. That’s the comment."

That leaves 2016 and beyond up for grabs and this is a SE IP. What do 3rd Party companies like SE do with their properties after honoring contracts? Hmmm...history already provides an answer but if we ignore history and pretend, yeah, then clearly we don't know, but I know better than to duck my head in the sand regarding 3rd Party companies.

---

EDIT: Within 24 hours I was proven correct...AGAIN.

SPENCER CONFIRMS IT'S A TIMED EXCLUSIVE: "Yes, the deal has a duration. I didn't buy it. I don't own the franchise."

Spencer's comments confirm Square Enix, owner of Tomb Raider developer Crystal Dynamics, is free to do whatever it wants with the game and the franchise after the exclusivity deal ends, including releasing it on other platforms.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#110 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

Bloodborne looks awesome.

Microsoft's exclusives look solid, but nothing spectacular.

PS4.

This has to be said. You're a Fannibal and I fucking love you for it!!! Great show and so glad to see someone else!!

Oh and as for Gamescom both were meh, I'd give an edge to Sony just for Rime, BloodBorne and Wild looked ambitious and amazing alone! Quantum Break actually looked like fun but why no release date? Kind of pissed me off a bit and as for the tomb raider announcement, it was bold but nothing mind blowing to me, I guarantee it will probably come to PS4 and PC down the road no matter how MS try to spin it and if not oh well thats fine, I found the last reboot of tomb raider pretty good and fun, nothing overly incredible and SE are very talented but I'm still looking forward to No Mans Sky, UC4 and such so it doesn't bother me that much.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By SolidTy

@AM-Gamer said:

@StormyJoe: Looking at MS past history I'm gonna say it's about a 90% chance it's timed. Especially since MS isn't publishing it.

Expect a PS4 version about a year later.

Yep. Probably PS3 game as well (as this game is a cross-gen 360/Xbone game now), as CD has the engine up and running for PS3/PS4/PC. PC version incoming too in 2016 as well.

Of course, at that time in 2016 we'll hear sloppy seconds and port begging jokes instead of admittance he was wrong today. I don't trust PR and I've learned this decades ago, bummer I keep seeing the same types of posts every generation. Look at history, many answers are right there.

I'll post Head of Xbox, Phil Spencer's quote one more time:

“We’re saying what we said on stage,” said Spencer. “In Holiday 2015, Rise of the Tomb Raider will be exclusive to Xbox. That’s the comment."

---

Tomb Raider is exclusive to Xbox 360 and Xbone in 2015. What about 2016 and beyond, Phil? What will 3rd Party company SquareEnix do with their popular TR IP after 2015 Phil? It's so hard to figure out, lol.

---

EDIT: Within 24 hours I was proven correct...AGAIN.

SPENCER CONFIRMS IT'S A TIMED EXCLUSIVE: "Yes, the deal has a duration. I didn't buy it. I don't own the franchise."

Spencer's comments confirm Square Enix, owner of Tomb Raider developer Crystal Dynamics, is free to do whatever it wants with the game and the franchise after the exclusivity deal ends, including releasing it on other platforms.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#112 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

MS LMAO, i'm sorry but cows will only say 'sorry but bloodbourne is the best thing eva' other than that Sony was weak.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Amazing how much lems rate an E3 repeat while criticising Sony for announcing new games.

Sony announces share-play while MS does DLNA too.

It's almost as though lems hate games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#115 deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

No one "won." They were both terrible.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Gamescom is more than just the conferences though. I don't even think most people saw The Order 1886 and LittleBigPlanet 3 trailers yet. There's also floor demos , and more interviews and information about the games to come in the coming days.

Sony has done really well so far -

• Bloodborne - amazing , fucking amazing
  • The Order 1886 - awesome trailer for sure
  • LittleBigPlanet 3 - always a good time
  • Driveclub - racing games are usually hard to demo , but we already know it looks good and looks fun to play.
  • Until Dawn - a solid trailer , enough to get most people's attention on day 1
  • Tearaway Unfolded - a much appreciated release , we all don't have a Vita or want one. Hopefully Gravity Rush makes its way to the beast that is PS4 as well.
  • Rime - astounding
  • WiLD - awe-inspiring
  • The Tomorrow People - ambitious
  • Alienation - aliens! - from the makers of Resogun (arguably the best PS4 or Xbone exclusive out now)
  • Share Play

Hohokum , Helldivers , Galak-Z , inFAMOUS FL , Journey , The Unfinished Swan , etc.

PS4 just picked up 4 exclusives today from Sony publishing , I think. And Tearaway Unfolded will be a megaton for non-Vita people like myself. Bloodborne looks like the best exclusive of any system coming out anytime soon. The Order 1886 and Rime trailers were great.

35cent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 35cent
Member since 2008 • 934 Posts

I won Gamescom.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#118 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Gamers who own both a XB1 and PS4 won. lol!! Both shows were pretty lacklusted. I expected more megaton news from each company and it just didn't happen. Microsoft did surprise me with the Tomb Raider announcements and some interesting indies like Smite. I was impressed with that game. Can't wait. Screamride was very funny. Sony's Bloodborne was still impressive and of course they showed a slew of Indies like Wild, No Man's Sky and Rime.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 GrenadeLauncher

Oh by the way, the mystery behind PT is revealed.

It's a new Silent Hill made by Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro.

Sony fucking WON

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Sony fucking WON

Is it PS4 exclusive , though ? Or is the interactive teaser just exclusive ? The way they worded it in the conference seems like the latter. What's the real lowdown ?

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#122  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@CanYouDiglt said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Sony without a doubt

• Bloodourne
  • Hellblade
  • Tearaway Unfolded
  • Wild
  • Infamous First Light
  • Rime
  • The Order

MS got rekt

Hellblade is not exclusive

Actually it's time exclusive, same as the 99% of the stuff MS showed off

ccagracing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 ccagracing
Member since 2006 • 845 Posts

it was close, some good games on both Platforms, however I feel Microsoft just edged it with Tomb Raider announcement. I liked the look of Hellblade on PS4 and I think the order could be good. One thing that was true was Phil Spencer saying its a good time to be gamer, some great games coming from now to Dec 2015!

stizzal13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 stizzal13
Member since 2013 • 609 Posts

@Nike_Air said:

Gamescom is more than just the conferences though. I don't even think most people saw The Order 1886 and LittleBigPlanet 3 trailers yet. There's also floor demos , and more interviews and information about the games to come in the coming days.

Sony has done really well so far -

• Bloodborne - amazing , fucking amazing
  • The Order 1886 - awesome trailer for sure
  • LittleBigPlanet 3 - always a good time
  • Driveclub - racing games are usually hard to demo , but we already know it looks good and looks fun to play.
  • Until Dawn - a solid trailer , enough to get most people's attention on day 1
  • Tearaway Unfolded - a much appreciated release , we all don't have a Vita or want one. Hopefully Gravity Rush makes its way to the beast that is PS4 as well.
  • Rime - astounding
  • WiLD - awe-inspiring
  • The Tomorrow People - ambitious
  • Alienation - aliens! - from the makers of Resogun (arguably the best PS4 or Xbone exclusive out now)
  • Share Play

Hohokum , Helldivers , Galak-Z , inFAMOUS FL , Journey , The Unfinished Swan , etc.

PS4 just picked up 4 exclusives today from Sony publishing , I think. And Tearaway Unfolded will be a megaton for non-Vita people like myself. Bloodborne looks like the best exclusive of any system coming out anytime soon. The Order 1886 and Rime trailers were great.

the hype is strong in this one

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

Sony wins at everything always. Nothing new!

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

As always the gamer wins because Msoft won

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

@sibu_xgamer: wiping the floor my butt. I just voted ms and ms are up 51-49 now. Sony press conferences really are terrible. 15 minutes of talking and 10 seconds of gameplay.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 GrenadeLauncher

@kuu2 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAH KUU2

PT is Silent Hill by Kojima and Del Toro. Sony won. Again.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#129 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Sony fucking WON

This right here is a megaton in itself.

How can people say Microsoft's conference was better?

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@kuu2 said:

literally the only thing MS did was take a former multiplat and deny it being put onto systems that would have run the game better and sold more copies. Xbox players were always going to get the game. Literally no REAL gamer wins this transaction.

Sony at least announced new games.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@Wasdie said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Sony fucking WON

This right here is a megaton in itself.

How can people say Microsoft's conference was better?

Probably because Sony showed no real game play of anything, no new exclusives outside of indies, and no real game play of bloodborne or the order which is what everyone wanted to see. Meanwhile MS dropped the a-bomb of TR being exclusive. Showed extensive game play of QB and SO like people wanted and showed new features people have been begging for like USB playback and DLNA

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#132 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

Probably because Sony showed no real game play of anything, no new exclusives outside of indies, and no real game play of bloodborne or the order which is what everyone wanted to see. Meanwhile MS dropped the a-bomb of TR being exclusive. Showed extensive game play of QB and SO like people wanted and showed new features people have been begging for like USB playback and DLNA

Silent Hill isn't a big exclusive? All of those great looking games aren't good enough? Bloodborne isn't enough?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Wasdie said:

@darkangel115 said:

Silent Hill isn't a big exclusive? All of those great looking games aren't good enough? Bloodborne isn't enough?

Doesn't really do it for me

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#134 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Sony, just finding out the secretly dropped a silent hill demo.

Just off the damn chain.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Lol, MS is ahead atm

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

Fanboys, & trolls.

BatladyMia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 BatladyMia
Member since 2014 • 26 Posts

I'm apart of a PlayStation fan group, and people were lit ablaze at the Tomb Raider exclusivity announcement. Sony fans were broken. Aside from that, I enjoyed both conferences about the same, maybe a slight edge towards Microsoft.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@Wasdie said:

@darkangel115 said:

well silent hill wasn't really "announced" and as far as we know, nothing is exclusive about it. Also I'd love it if they returned to the roots of the 1st 2, but in reality silent hill hasn't really been relevant in a long time. when was the last good silent hill game? Don't get me wrong, if they manage to capture the essence of what made the 1st one so awesome, i'll be lining up to buy it. But with nothing really shown at the actual conference, it doesn't actually account for them winning. I've been at work all day, so when i get home I'll check it out on my PS4 but as of now, it's nothing shown to me at least. Bloodborne looks cool, but honestly I'm not a souls fan. never played demon. played DKS1 and didn't care for it. never played 2. I know it has a cult following and will probably sell a couple million and do well. but the lack of game play actually shown and the fact we all knew about it already from E3 wasn't enough for me personally. I was expecting like a 5 min gameplay demo. same form the order. I wanted to see some real gameplay. but didn't get any. I expected more from sony. What i got was 95% indies montage. a teaser i can't see yet cause I'm not at home with my PS4, and the one game i wanted to see more on (the order) they didn't have. Before this i wanted a big announcement each. MS did it with TR, Sony didn't. From MS i wanted to see SO, QB, Halo, and scalebound. I got 3 of the 4 and 2 of them had long gameplay. Sony i wanted to see some Order, UC4, and something new from their 1st parties like SSM, GG etc and got nothing.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#139 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

The Massive Butt Hurt I have for Tomb Raider being Crossgen AND Xbox Exclusive makes me lean towards Microsoft getting the Victory.

Day Z coming to PS4 doesn't even phase me, that was actually expected.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

What's up with Sony's "dark" "shadowy" "horror" type games lately? Bloodbore, The Order, PT, zombie games, dark forest games etc. Looks like they're really aiming at their fanbase which gets scared easily or they want to hide the graphics in black.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#141 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

Sony

for showing some fucking DIVERSITY, not a FPS or Sports game in sight

dat TR moneyhat wont help MS in the slightest

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

There are people who think that regurgitated E3 and DLNA beat new games and share-play. LOL

@gago-gago said:

What's up with Sony's "dark" "shadowy" "horror" type games lately? Bloodbore, The Order, PT, zombie games, dark forest games etc. Looks like they're really aiming at their fanbase which gets scared easily or they want to hide the graphics in black.

Poor lemming isn't up to date LMAO

s0ldier69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 s0ldier69
Member since 2005 • 2281 Posts

MS. Not even close. MS has games that look, you know, fun! Sony has Bloodborne, which I don't know what the sony girls are screaming about. It's like blood porn or gore porn, i dont even f'n know. Looks horrid. Everything Sony is putting out is just grim and dark and bloody and looks like horror crap. Bloodborne, Hellblade, and good lord, Sony should lose just from the freak Kojima and his stupid cardboard box. The fact that Sony fan's are cheering this is really just embarrassing.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

@GTSaiyanjin2: Indies definitely are the future. Sony needs all the Indies it can get. I mean what else can it put on PlayStation plus?!

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#145 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

MS (I give you all a hint, Tomb Raider)

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#146 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Sony had Michel Ancel... I forgot about everything before that at Gamescom.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 GrenadeLauncher

This sudden lemming influx is far too late.

vickissv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 vickissv2
Member since 2004 • 1951 Posts

@wiiboxstation said:

@GTSaiyanjin2: Indies definitely are the future. Sony needs all the Indies it can get. I mean what else can it put on PlayStation plus?!

Indies are not the future.