So who has NOT played The Last of Us?

• 140 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll So who has NOT played The Last of Us? (112 votes)

I have (Loved it) 26%
I have and will be playing i again on PS4 15%
I have not yet, but I will now on the PS4 33%
No and fuck that shit 18%
No and probably wont ever becuz its not my beloved Xbox/PC 8%

So with all this TLoU talk, who hasnt played it yet?

The game has sold 7 million on PS3.

Im just wondering if there are any people on SW that havent played it at all yet.

• 
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#51  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@inb4uall said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@inb4uall said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@inb4uall said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@drummerdave9099 said:

My roomate never owned it for his PS3 so I never got to play it.

I'm not going to buy a console just to play one game, and when a game has that much hype I find it scary. All the cows are just gonna tell me it's the best game ever

you sound........... like a bitch

You sound too invested in a video game. Chill out.

On topic. I own it haven't played it. I tried to play through Uncharted 1 and 2. Got stuck half way through both games because they were so damn scripted. I've never even opened my copies of TLoU or Uncharted 3.

and you call your self a gamer?

I literally dont know how that is possible. How do you get stuck in U1 and U2? How do you buy AAAE games and never open them?

I just dont even........

I buy games because I like to collect things. I finish games if they are good. Uncharted series wasn't worth my time to finish. I prefer my games to actually have decent and engaging gameplay. I get nothing out of watching my character limp through a train crash and occasionally pressing a button.

you didnt even play them so you cant say shit

I've played them and his criticisms are valid. Some people don't want most of the game to play itself. Go figure.

Look who's talking, the number one Playstation Hater in all of SW. You know by now that no body cares for anything you have to say

Reviews and all around reception of the game >>>>>>> your opinion

Stay mad cow.

Im totally mad right now, you dont even know

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@inb4uall said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@inb4uall said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@drummerdave9099 said:

I'm not going to buy a console just to play one game, and when a game has that much hype I find it scary. All the cows are just gonna tell me it's the best game ever

On topic. I own it haven't played it. I tried to play through Uncharted 1 and 2. Got stuck half way through both games because they were so damn scripted. I've never even opened my copies of TLoU or Uncharted 3.

I literally dont know how that is possible. How do you get stuck in U1 and U2? How do you buy AAAE games and never open them?

I just dont even........

I buy games because I like to collect things. I finish games if they are good. Uncharted series wasn't worth my time to finish. I prefer my games to actually have decent and engaging gameplay. I get nothing out of watching my character limp through a train crash and occasionally pressing a button.

I've played them and his criticisms are valid. Some people don't want most of the game to play itself. Go figure.

Look who's talking, the number one Playstation Hater in all of SW. You know by now that no body cares for anything you have to say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFbS_tk7CFY

Consternated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Consternated
Member since 2013 • 848 Posts

I've played it, but I didn't like it. I'm hoping the PS4 delivers an enjoyable gameplay experience where the PS3 failed to do so.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

@inb4uall said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@inb4uall said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@inb4uall said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@drummerdave9099 said:

I just dont even........

Stay mad cow.

Im totally mad right now, you dont even know

I know your post is intended to be sarcastic, but I really wouldn't be surprised if you actually were. You made a thread asking a question and then started attacking people who answered the question YOU asked.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@Chutebox

Well the rest of the game was bullet spongy shoot outs and tedious platforming, it wouldve been better if it actually did play itself.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@Gue1 said:

I understand the people that didn't like the game or its multiplayer. You do need certain level of IQ to appreciate the game after all, which is something that not everyone has. The Last of Us is a masterpiece of a game like no other. Graphics, design, gameplay, characters, story-telling... Everything about this game is the very best that this industry has ever seen.

You must have really not liked it then because you are a fucking idiot.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts
@Gue1 said:

I understand the people that didn't like the game or its multiplayer. You do need certain level of IQ to appreciate the game after all,

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#59 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I just recently played through it for my first time. I did it on Hard mode right away and thought it was quite good. I have no drive to play it a second time though. The game hinges heavily on the experience and that would be lost on a second time through.

It's definitely the best story driven game I've ever played. I generally despise these kinds of games.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@Gue1 said:

You do need certain level of IQ to appreciate the game after all, which is something that not everyone has.

"certain level of IQ" By that I assume you mean an IQ score below 70?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50550 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Chutebox

Well the rest of the game was bullet spongy shoot outs and tedious platforming, it wouldve been better if it actually did play itself.

No.

Not gonna sit here and argue opinions.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 mems_1224

@Chutebox said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Chutebox

No.

Well, the shitty bullet sponge enemies and tedious platforming aren't opinions.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#63 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Presumptuous much? As with any successful game, there are likely far more people who have not played it compared to those who have. I played the first hour at a friend's, and I was very impressed, but not at the gameplay, more at the cinematics.....if I remember correctly the first 30 min or so of the game are cinematics, and they are very well done.

This game is far more successfull critically than commercially, it's not the super blockbuster that everyone and their cat played it, it is a highly-acclaimed story driven , mature game. As much positive reviews I've seen of the game, I've also seen a lot of negative ones(but to be fair this happens with a lot of high-profile games).

Anyways, I'll certainly buy it if I get a PS4 later on, but I must say all this over-hyping is not helping, people start to wonder if it can live up to all that, and if it was the mega-seller as the TC implies, than far more than 7million people would have played it on PS3, considering their install base.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Chutebox
@mems_1224 said:

@Chutebox said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Chutebox

No.

If you understand what an opinion is, then yes they are. But you're from Texas, so it's expected!

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 mems_1224

@Chutebox said:
@mems_1224 said:

@Chutebox said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Chutebox

No.

If you understand what an opinion is, then yes they are. But you're from Texas, so it's expected!

Wait, you actually liked the enemies and the terrible platforming? LOL

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Chutebox
@mems_1224 said:

@Chutebox said:
@mems_1224 said:

@Chutebox said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Chutebox

No.

Platforming was not a like or dislike. No problem with the enemies.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 mems_1224

@Chutebox said:
@mems_1224 said:

@Chutebox said:
@mems_1224 said:

@Chutebox said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Chutebox

No.

the platforming shouldn't even count as platforming. it practically does it itself. there is no timing or challenge to it. the enemies were bullet sponges, thats no an opinion, thats how the games were made.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Chutebox

@mems_1224 said:

@Chutebox said:
@mems_1224 said:

@Chutebox said:
@mems_1224 said:

@Chutebox said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Chutebox

No.

the platforming shouldn't even count as platforming. it practically does it itself. there is no timing or challenge to it. the enemies were bullet sponges, thats no an opinion, thats how the games were made.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@Gue1 said:

I understand the people that didn't like the game or its multiplayer. You do need certain level of IQ to appreciate the game after all, which is something that not everyone has. The Last of Us is a masterpiece of a game like no other. Graphics, design, gameplay, characters, story-telling... Everything about this game is the very best that this industry has ever seen.

Wow are we allowed to insult each other freely here now? Didn't know that.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#71 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@drummerdave9099 said:

Okay I'm just going to have to ask what is this 'cows' crap I keep seeing on here?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
@Zen_Light said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Gue1 said:

Its ok, Gue1 really is an idiot.

dissembled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 dissembled
Member since 2003 • 357 Posts

I've owned only a 360 last gen so I haven't experienced it. I now own a PS4 though and cannot wait to play it.

I hope they remaster Uncharted and God of War also. I'm sure there are millions like me who converted as well.

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#74 SYSTEM-REBOOT
Member since 2014 • 658 Posts

It doesnot interest me so.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61477 Posts

Played through on the PS3 once, so i'll be playing again on the PS4.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@inb4uall said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@inb4uall said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@inb4uall said:

I just dont even........

I played about halfway through each judging by what I've read on the internet. I'm entitled to an opinion. Go cry about it to someone who gives a shit.

I greatly enjoyed TLOU, but I don't understand why people cream their jeans over Uncharted.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

I've played partway through. So far it hasn't grabbed me.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Nengo_Flow

@dissembled said:

I've owned only a 360 last gen so I haven't experienced it. I now own a PS4 though and cannot wait to play it.

I hope they remaster Uncharted and God of War also. I'm sure there are millions like me who converted as well.

Or............ you could just subscribe to PS Now and play Uncharted and GOW.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Nengo_Flow

@Zen_Light said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Gue1 said:

no we arent but since there are barely any mods around anymore and the few that are here rarely do their jobs (or arent around to do their jobs) we sort of get away with it half the time.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#80 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

No interest.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#81 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17422 Posts

Waited on the PS4 version that i will be getting day 1.

Cant believe ive managed to stay away from youtube lets play spoilers for all this time.

Havent even watched gameplay vids.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

@Zen_Light said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Gue1 said:

no we arent but since there are barely any mods around anymore and the few that are here rarely do their jobs (or arent around to do their jobs) we sort of get away with it half the time.

That sounds incredibly stupid.

kipsta77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 kipsta77
Member since 2012 • 1119 Posts

Played it. Liked it. Still don't get all the hype though.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@drummerdave9099 said:

"the cows" don't have to tell you anything idiot. It's not like "the cows" are the ones who gave it over 200 GOTY awards and overwhelmingly proclaimed it to be the best game of the last generation; The gaming media did that!

If TLOU isn't the best game of last gen it's most certainly to 5. Stop acting like "cows" are the ones praising the game to drum up false hype...the game released, and it DELIVERED! There is no "hype" about it, the game is a certified masterpiece.

You may never play the game but you can save your excuses about cows saying how good the game is...All other unbiased media outlets have said the same thing.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 waahahah
Member since 2014 • 2462 Posts

The game was boring, and I've had more emotional moments in kerbal space program crashing and leaving kerbals stranded in space because I'm actually invested in the game. I don't understand why people like these types of games, gameplay always has a way of interfering with the story, beating a bunch of people with a brick completely detaches you from any type of emotion so they need a little girl to tug those heart strings. So they went with the minimal amount of gameplay so you wouldn't get too detached. Platforming was just busy work since it didn't require any kind of skill. The enemies were pretty simple so murdering them became to routine. I feel like they should release this as a video series on netflix for people that have better things to do or more interesting games to PLAY.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#86 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Played it, finished it, was glad it was over. Predictable, dont get where the story was so great, the Ai was beyond horrible, on default settings melee'ing everything but the clickers is the way to go. Game dragged on for 4 hours too long. There should be an option in the poll for "Played it but hated it".

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#87 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Played it and might pick it up for PS4 if/when it hits $20 or lower.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

Haven't played it, don't plan to until I get my hands on a console

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Nengo_Flow

@Zen_Light said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@Zen_Light said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Gue1 said:

That sounds incredibly stupid.

dont underestimate stupidity

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#90  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I haven't. Do I get super powers?

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

I haven't played it because I don't have a PS3

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Played it twice except I didn't get the DLC

AlCapwnUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 AlCapwnUK
Member since 2009 • 133 Posts

Had a 360 basically because it was >£100 cheaper than the PS3 when I bought it, so I have never played TLOU.

When I get a new console it will probably be a PS4 - so I am secretly all for these lame rereleases. Hopefully they'll bring Journey to the PSN for PS4. I'd also love it if Valkyria Chronicles was remastered, but that's a bit pie in the sky.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#94  Edited By coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

So how come there is no..played through it, and it was just ok option? Maybe a once (or twice) was enough option?

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#95 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I played a very small portion of the game. Just couldn't get into it really. I'm not picking it up for PS4.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Thought the singleplayer was pretentious and boring, the multiplayer was fun but not alone warranting the $60 I paid for it

If there was a poll option saying I played it but found it overrated, then that's what I'd vote.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@drummerdave9099 said:

"the cows" don't have to tell you anything idiot. It's not like "the cows" are the ones who gave it over 200 GOTY awards and overwhelmingly proclaimed it to be the best game of the last generation; The gaming media did that!

If TLOU isn't the best game of last gen it's most certainly to 5. Stop acting like "cows" are the ones praising the game to drum up false hype...the game released, and it DELIVERED! There is no "hype" about it, the game is a certified masterpiece.

You may never play the game but you can save your excuses about cows saying how good the game is...All other unbiased media outlets have said the same thing.

Did I offend you?

You make great points, I'm not going to stupidly disagree with them. I'm just saying I've had some bad experiences with hype in the past and this one scares me.

If you want me to play it that bad just send me $500 and I promise I'll use that money to buy a PS4 and TLOU. I'll do paypal or check.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#98 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

I haven't but I have a choice now get it on PS3 or get it when I buy a PS4. :P

UnifiedConsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 UnifiedConsole
Member since 2013 • 44 Posts

Played it, loved the story, hated the gameplay.

_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

I played n finish tlou 3 times put in over 100 hours n im not the only one getting this day one! it's a different game with different experience with amazing graphics includes every dlc created past present n future only for 50 bucks!