So who has NOT played The Last of Us?

• 140 results
Posted by Nengo_Flow (9860 posts) 5 months, 10 days ago

Poll: So who has NOT played The Last of Us? (111 votes)

I have (Loved it) 26%
I have and will be playing i again on PS4 15%
I have not yet, but I will now on the PS4 32%
No and fuck that shit 18%
No and probably wont ever becuz its not my beloved Xbox/PC 8%

So with all this TLoU talk, who hasnt played it yet?

The game has sold 7 million on PS3.

Im just wondering if there are any people on SW that havent played it at all yet.

#1 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27891 posts) -

Haven't but almost definitely will (depending on time). So backlogged right now so happy to wait for a bit.

#2 Edited by SambaLele (5424 posts) -

Never played it. Will probably buy it for the PS4. Probably.

#3 Edited by freedomfreak (40998 posts) -

Went through it twice, and once through Left Behind.

Didn't like the MP.

#4 Edited by lostrib (37774 posts) -

Played it. Still need to get the Left Behind DLC

#5 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25773 posts) -

Of course I have, what manner of base, uncultured creature do you take me for?

#6 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9629 posts) -

I have not, but I probably will one day.

#7 Posted by MonsieurX (30474 posts) -

Have a PS3 and didn't touch it

#8 Posted by drummerdave9099 (749 posts) -

My roomate never owned it for his PS3 so I never got to play it.

I'm not going to buy a console just to play one game, and when a game has that much hype I find it scary. All the cows are just gonna tell me it's the best game ever

#9 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9860 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Didn't like the MP.

this is generally my reaction to people who say they "didnt like the multiplayer"

#10 Posted by freedomfreak (40998 posts) -
@Nengo_Flow said:

this is generally my reaction to people who say they "didnt like the multiplayer"

Well, I was indifferent towards it. Played a few matches, but it didn't do anything for me.

Not to mention I hardly play multiplayer anyway, unless it's coop.

#11 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9860 posts) -

@drummerdave9099 said:

I'm not going to buy a console just to play one game, and when a game has that much hype I find it scary. All the cows are just gonna tell me it's the best game ever

you sound........... like a bitch

#12 Posted by commonfate (12471 posts) -

I didn't play it. I EXPERIENCED it.

It was pretty good.

#13 Posted by charizard1605 (58287 posts) -

Haven't played it yet. Was gonna go through it this summer, but I'm just getting the PS4 port now.

#14 Edited by gameofthering (10322 posts) -

I've played a few hours of it last year.

I won't be getting the PS4 version as I have no PS4.

#15 Posted by TwistedShade (3165 posts) -

Never played it since I don't have a PS3 but I bought a used PS4 off a Cowboom so assuming the system isn't broken I'll be picking it up.

#16 Posted by Couth_ (10182 posts) -

Never played it. Will wait til ps4 version is like $20-$30

#17 Posted by lawlessx (46779 posts) -

haven't played it..will wait till i get PS4 later this year

#18 Edited by Stevo_the_gamer (42980 posts) -

Haven't but will once it comes out on PS4.

#19 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29394 posts) -

Played it, loved it, looking forward to playing it again on PS4

#21 Edited by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

@drummerdave9099 said:

You sound too invested in a video game. Chill out.

On topic. I own it haven't played it. I tried to play through Uncharted 1 and 2. Got stuck half way through both games because they were so damn scripted. I've never even opened my copies of TLoU or Uncharted 3.

#22 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9860 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@drummerdave9099 said:

On topic. I own it haven't played it. I tried to play through Uncharted 1 and 2. Got stuck half way through both games because they were so damn scripted. I've never even opened my copies of TLoU or Uncharted 3.

and you call your self a gamer?

I literally dont know how that is possible. How do you get stuck in U1 and U2? How do you buy AAAE games and never open them?

I just dont even........

#23 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

Been through it 4 times on ps3. About to do it again on ps4. The most awarded game of all time deserves it.

#24 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4895 posts) -

played a little bit, got bored, went to another game.

would try again.

#25 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13719 posts) -

Alot of people haven't played it and probably never will, this actually doesn't seem like it will inspire any discussion at all.

#26 Edited by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

@inb4uall said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@drummerdave9099 said:

I literally dont know how that is possible. How do you get stuck in U1 and U2? How do you buy AAAE games and never open them?

I just dont even........

I buy games because I like to collect things. I finish games if they are good. Uncharted series wasn't worth my time to finish. I prefer my games to actually have decent and engaging gameplay. I get nothing out of watching my character limp through a train crash and occasionally pressing a button.

#27 Posted by mems_1224 (47285 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Didn't like the MP.

yea, multiplayer was pretty garbage

#28 Edited by Heil68 (45224 posts) -

I have played it will play it again on PS4.

#29 Posted by mems_1224 (47285 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@drummerdave9099 said:

Never open your copy of Uncharted 3. You'd have more fun if you just took a giant shit on it.

#30 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9860 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@inb4uall said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@drummerdave9099 said:

I just dont even........

I buy games because I like to collect things. I finish games if they are good. Uncharted series wasn't worth my time to finish. I prefer my games to actually have decent and engaging gameplay. I get nothing out of watching my character limp through a train crash and occasionally pressing a button.

you didnt even play them so you cant say shit

#31 Posted by Smokescreened84 (2503 posts) -

I have no interest in it, I don't have a PS3 and frankly have zero interest in the game.

#32 Posted by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

@inb4uall said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@inb4uall said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@drummerdave9099 said:

I just dont even........

I played about halfway through each judging by what I've read on the internet. I'm entitled to an opinion. Go cry about it to someone who gives a shit.

#33 Edited by mems_1224 (47285 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

@inb4uall said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@inb4uall said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@drummerdave9099 said:

I just dont even........

I've played them and his criticisms are valid. Some people don't want most of the game to play itself. Go figure.

#34 Edited by sam890 (1108 posts) -

Nope and I doubt I will not my type of game.

#35 Posted by Masculus (2869 posts) -

Couldn't bring myself to finish Uncharted 3 so didn't bother with this one. Gameplay doesn't look to very good either.

#36 Edited by chessmaster1989 (29394 posts) -
@mems_1224 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@inb4uall said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@inb4uall said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@drummerdave9099 said:

I just dont even........

I've played them and his criticisms are valid. Some people don't want most of the game to play itself. Go figure.

Minus the shitty puzzles Uncharted gameplay was pretty fun. Linear levels sure, but fun

#37 Posted by mems_1224 (47285 posts) -

@chessmaster1989 said:

Minus the shitty puzzles Uncharted gameplay was pretty fun. Linear levels sure, but fun

I disagree. The gunplay isn't fun and the bullet sponge enemies, especially in the first game, are annoying.

#38 Posted by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

@chessmaster1989 said:
@mems_1224 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@inb4uall said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@inb4uall said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@drummerdave9099 said:

I just dont even........

Curious what about it did you think was fun? The Enemies were bullet sponges and the guns didn't feel satisfying at all. The puzzles as you said were poor (i'd hardly call them puzzles). It's filled with linear sequences so scripted they're barely above QTE's.

#39 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29394 posts) -

Am curious about you guys saying enemies were bullet sponges. Admittedly I don't remember the first game that well but Uncharted 2/3 wasn't hard even on harder difficulties.

#40 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9860 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@inb4uall said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@inb4uall said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@drummerdave9099 said:

I just dont even........

Look who's talking, the number one Playstation Hater in all of SW. You know by now that no body cares for anything you have to say

Reviews and all around reception of the game >>>>>>> your opinion

#41 Posted by Gue1 (10214 posts) -

I understand the people that didn't like the game or its multiplayer. You do need certain level of IQ to appreciate the game after all, which is something that not everyone has. The Last of Us is a masterpiece of a game like no other. Graphics, design, gameplay, characters, story-telling... Everything about this game is the very best that this industry has ever seen.

#42 Edited by SolidTy (43850 posts) -

I played it four times. Twice on the hardest setting. Excellent game. I didn't even think I would like it as much as I did to be honest. I originally planned to just finish it once and continue with my backlog.

I got the Platinum and the Multiiplayer is tons of fun. It's very good all around. Unfortunately, I'm also sick of the game since I played it to death so I won't be buying the TLOU for PS4 until it hits the $20 mark down the road and only for the included DLC and maybe Multiplayer to play with new PS4 friends. To be honest though, if the PS3 DLC goes on sale first, I'll go that route.

For those new to the game, have fun. It's a great game.

#43 Posted by drummerdave9099 (749 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

@drummerdave9099 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI

#44 Posted by RpgGamer23q (213 posts) -

played it for about 2 hours and couldn't really get into it not my type of game.

#45 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34160 posts) -

Never got myself a PS3, so nope.

Do want a PS4 though, so I will probably get the remaster.

#46 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8211 posts) -

I watched the game on youtube, didn't even need a PS3 or a copy of the game.

#47 Edited by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@inb4uall said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@inb4uall said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@drummerdave9099 said:

I just dont even........

Look who's talking, the number one Playstation Hater in all of SW. You know by now that no body cares for anything you have to say

Reviews and all around reception of the game >>>>>>> your opinion

Stay mad cow.

#48 Posted by Chutebox (37376 posts) -

Played it. Loved it. Not buying again.

#49 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9860 posts) -

@RpgGamer23q said:

played it for about 2 hours and couldn't really get into it not my type of game.

to be honest like the first 4 hours are kinda slow and you have very little and only that rusty old pistol.

#50 Posted by Chutebox (37376 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@inb4uall said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@inb4uall said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@drummerdave9099 said:

I just dont even........

What he said has nothing to do with "the game playing itself."

And lets be honest, that situation he mentioned doesn't happen too often. Only other times you can't run at times is during dialogue.