So what's the official lemming spin on PS4 sales?

• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts
@kuu2 said:

I wonder how many WobbleS4 sales threads the mods will allow? Cowspot for the win.

On topic.

There is no spin. Sony sold a ton, great. Now fix all the ones that are junk.

That unmeasurable Butthurt and damage control.

The fact that you still hold on to sony not fixing this when the console has 2 days on the market show how desperate you are,MS took 2 years to fix it and charged people $150,but i hear you say nothing...haha

@SinjinSmythe said:

haha. I know I have you when you cant twist something around. Thanks for your support.

There is nothing to twist in your post just allot of made up crap that deserved to be made fun off.

lol

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#52 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22628 Posts

Wow after reading the first page I'd say whatever the lems are saying it's certainly gotten under the skin of the cows....

Btw, sales are always relevant because they're the only legit barometer of success.... Everything else is and can be spun. Sony nailed it as we knew for months they would.

The real question is if ms releases to the tune of say 900,000 console sales at launch isn't this point in a moot?

Still, some of the mega cows almost seem MORE worked up even though Sony is succeeding. Haha weird.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 tormentos

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@xxyetixx said:

There is like 525 Million people in North America congrats on a 1 Million sold in that market place at launch. The hype train was built well, how many satisfied/unsatisfied customers, word of mouth, no games it will spread and the information will be out there for people that were holding off to make a sound decision and not jump in blind. Same will go for MS and X1, it will be out soon, people will see the consoles at the same time here the pros and cons and from there you'll see which will be the best selling console. I take nothing from Sony putting out a Million in 24 hours thats impressive, but what's more impressive is keeping it going we've got years to go

LOl @tormentos check out this DC

The tears can be taste all over the net,Dat poor guy..haha

_Cadbury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 _Cadbury_
Member since 2006 • 2936 Posts

Oh look some lemmings are crawling out of the woodwork :D

@lundy86_4 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@_Cadbury_ said:

There are no lemmings left to give an explanation.

Pretty sure the SW is over.

Dude, Cows dipped hard after release scores.

..Cuz we have PS4's lol. We actually play the console

Kk. Scores were released, and Cows dipped hard. What seems more likely? Cows completely abandoned SW in order to play the PS4 with all their spare time... Or they couldn't DC the scores?

Never mind, I already know your answer lol.

Why would cow numbers 'dip' when there's no one around to provide an explanation of the scores to? I mean according to lots of people the cows have taken over here anyway.
But with such a good reception for the PS4, I don't think anyone even gives a crap about the scores. Everyone knows the games get better as the gen goes on.

MajesticShea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56 MajesticShea
Member since 2013 • 730 Posts

Lems main DC techniques

PS4's are DOA everywhere!!!!

Have fun with Knack(4)!!!!!

Have fun with Killzone (7)

PS4 has no exclusives

Only idiots bought the PS4

SinjinSmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57  Edited By SinjinSmythe
Member since 2008 • 1049 Posts

@majesticshea said:

Lems main DC techniques

PS4 has no exclusives

Yeah bro. you nailed it! Seems to be the consensus around here!!!!!

Shhh...............That's a lot of reasons and you just owned yourself.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

only thing i see is lemming crying everywhere it's entertaining i must say

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@SinjinSmythe said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:
@SinjinSmythe said:

I predict with 1 million PS4/10's wobbling, it may cause the tectonic plates to shift.

Please get 8 post it notes and fix ASAP. I wouldn't want the world to end before the 22nd.

I've seen that, try again...

Lems I am dissapoint in your weak DC.

K.

Nah.. no amount of GIF's can change best launch ever. Try again :)

MajesticShea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 MajesticShea

@SinjinSmythe said:

@majesticshea said:

Lems main DC techniques

PS4 has no exclusives

You posted that photo two times already, your desperation is really showing.

s0ldier69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 s0ldier69
Member since 2005 • 2281 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro said:

For PS4 having the most successful launch of any console in recent history?

I'm finding it hard to focus on a single DC talking point. So much Damage control everywhere?

Do NA sales no longer matter, lems?

I have the same take on this as I do Obama voters: There's a lot of stupid people out there.

SinjinSmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 SinjinSmythe
Member since 2008 • 1049 Posts

@majesticshea said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

@majesticshea said:

Lems main DC techniques

PS4 has no exclusives

It is my new sig. You like?

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@tormentos: Hold on little fella, nothing I said was damage control, just facts. There are 525 Million plus people in NA a Million sold is barely a blip on the radar. 360 has what close to 27 million consoles sold in the US alone, PS3 has near 20 Million in the US. A console release isn't a sprint but a Million consoles sold in 24 hours is impressive no matter who it is. If you really wanna play the fan boy games, out of the 525 Million people in NA how many do you think are hardcore gamers that the cows claim to be so wouldn't X1 and it's casual appeal to more people and not just gamer people??

MajesticShea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 MajesticShea

@SinjinSmythe said:

@majesticshea said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

@majesticshea said:

Lems main DC techniques

PS4 has no exclusives

It is my new sig. You like?

Can't see sigs.

Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Douevenlift_bro

@s0ldier69 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

I'm finding it hard to focus on a single DC talking point. So much Damage control everywhere?

I have the same take on this as I do Obama voters: There's a lot of stupid people out there.

So Republicans and lems are the same?

Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Douevenlift_bro
@_Cadbury_ said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@_Cadbury_ said:

..Cuz we have PS4's lol. We actually play the console

Kk. Scores were released, and Cows dipped hard. What seems more likely? Cows completely abandoned SW in order to play the PS4 with all their spare time... Or they couldn't DC the scores?

Never mind, I already know your answer lol.

Why would cow numbers 'dip' when there's no one around to provide an explanation of the scores to? I mean according to lots of people the cows have taken over here anyway.

But with such a good reception for the PS4, I don't think anyone even gives a crap about the scores. Everyone knows the games get better as the gen goes on.

LOL exactly. I didn't even read PS3 reviews when they were excellent.. I don't read reviews period. I know what I like and I enjoy it

I'm enjoying KZ:SF online

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

@_Cadbury_ said:

You seem to be making excuses. Many noticed a severe dip in the number of Cows once reviews were released. Many commented on it. Hell, look at the KZ4 release thread...

You seem to be mixing my views with others, to further your point. Shitty debate tactic.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro said:
@tormentos said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

It depends if you go by Kuu2 the PS4 is selling because people are buying 2 or 3 to have replacements since the PS4 fail rate is high.

Is you ask Sinjim AKA Foxbat the PS4 has over 50% fail rate so each person is buying 2 for replacements as well.

This month NPD will be epic..lol

Xbox is a thing of the past.

If they lose NA, that's it for Xbox lol. They don't sell jackshit anywhere else

Really? Didn't they sell something like 40+ million in NA? So if they're at 80+ million where did the other 40 come from? Cows are so stupid

BTW everyone knew they'd sell out. Every console sells out at launch. What wasn't known was how many PS4 were they able to manufacture for the launch. Sony was able to launch with 1million so now we'll have to see how many MS were able to manufacture for their launch. I guess not as much but it'll sell out just like the PS4.

2 - 3 years will tell the tale for the 8th gen....not launch day numbers.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 lundy86_4

@Douevenlift_bro said:

LOL exactly. I didn't even read PS3 reviews when they were excellent.. I don't read reviews period. I know what I like and I enjoy it

I'm enjoying KZ:SF online

Where did I dictate what you, specifically, did? I said Cows. It was a general term, we've used since long before you were here.

MajesticShea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 MajesticShea

@kingtito said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:
@tormentos said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

It depends if you go by Kuu2 the PS4 is selling because people are buying 2 or 3 to have replacements since the PS4 fail rate is high.

Is you ask Sinjim AKA Foxbat the PS4 has over 50% fail rate so each person is buying 2 for replacements as well.

This month NPD will be epic..lol

Xbox is a thing of the past.

If they lose NA, that's it for Xbox lol. They don't sell jackshit anywhere else

Really? Didn't they sell something like 40+ million in NA? So if they're at 80+ million where did the other 40 come from? Cows are so stupid

BTW everyone knew they'd sell out. Every console sells out at launch. What wasn't known was how many PS4 were they able to manufacture for the launch. Sony was able to launch with 1million so now we'll have to see how many MS were able to manufacture for their launch. I guess not as much but it'll sell out just like the PS4.

There will be plenty of Xbox Ones at launch. I expect 300-350k units sold at launch.

_Cadbury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 _Cadbury_

@lundy86_4 said:

@_Cadbury_ said:

You seem to be making excuses. Many noticed a severe dip in the number of Cows once reviews were released. Many commented on it. Hell, look at the KZ4 release thread...

You seem to be mixing my views with others, to further your point. Shitty debate tactic.

Claiming cow numbers dipping based on the observations of an unknown 'many' - shitty debate tactic.
Claiming I'm mixing your view with others' when all I replied to was what you directly said, so you can call my debate tactics shitty - also a shitty debate tactic. (I wasn't referring to you as a lem, other people...)

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#75  Edited By hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

90 percent of the sales are preorders.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 lundy86_4

@_Cadbury_ said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@_Cadbury_ said:

Claiming cow numbers dipping based on the observations of an unknown 'many' - shitty debate tactic.

Claiming I'm mixing your view with others' when all I replied to was what you directly said, so you can call my debate tactics shitty - also a shitty debate tactic. (I wasn't referring to you as a lem, other people...)

Not really. Drawing on prior SW history where Cows swarmed like flies on shit, compared to the way the stickied hype thread was ignored, isn't really shitty. It's an observation based on a very real occurrence.

That was my bad... Your "some lemmings" comment was made before my quote, thus I assume it was aimed at the thread.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

Not sure I understand the question in this thread. Sony said they passed the 1 million preorder a long time ago and expects to make its 3 million units target by end 2013. How can anybody be surprised at this point? And how can anyone dc the objective numbers? It is what it is, which is very good launch numbers in NA.

_Cadbury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 _Cadbury_

@lundy86_4 said:

@_Cadbury_ said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@_Cadbury_ said:

Not really. Drawing on prior SW history where Cows swarmed like flies on shit, compared to the way the stickied hype thread was ignored, isn't really shitty. It's an observation based on a very real occurrence.

That was my bad... Your "some lemmings" comment was made before my quote, thus I assume it was aimed at the thread.

I don't even know what the thread was like before and after the score.
But you have to admit there's a real lack of any decent lemming presence at the moment for cows to care about. Maybe once we get a Titanfall score....

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By lundy86_4

@_Cadbury_ said:

I don't even know what the thread was like before and after the score.

But you have to admit there's a real lack of any decent lemming presence at the moment for cows to care about. Maybe once we get a Titanfall score....

You should check it out.

Hell yeah, Lems have headed for the hills... Absolutely. The PS4 hype brought back a lot of Cows and made a lot of new accts/alts.

----

I seriously need a f*cking PS4 :P Just waiting to run into one on shelves. It seems i'mma get my X1 first, which is a shame.

Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Douevenlift_bro

So lems, nothing concrete? you guys suck

lems have been defeated since February lol

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro: you sound like a moron TC. upset I would be too if I had to worry about that console being reliable. Can you even get on PSN? the looks of it no, what a mess.

not_wanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 not_wanted
Member since 2008 • 1990 Posts

lol lemmings :D

http://i.minus.com/ibsMS9z31vjUba.gif

Benny_Blakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#84  Edited By Benny_Blakk
Member since 2007 • 910 Posts

Wow! I'm stunned at the amount of ADAMANT IDIOTS around these parts.

News Flash, morons! Those "One Star Reviews" on Amazon haven't even all been confirmed to be legitimate since no proof of purchase is provided. It is the likes of shit for brains who hate SONY flooding those sections.

Get a life.

nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#85 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts

@TheEroica said:

Wow after reading the first page I'd say whatever the lems are saying it's certainly gotten under the skin of the cows....

Btw, sales are always relevant because they're the only legit barometer of success.... Everything else is and can be spun. Sony nailed it as we knew for months they would.

The real question is if ms releases to the tune of say 900,000 console sales at launch isn't this point in a moot?

Still, some of the mega cows almost seem MORE worked up even though Sony is succeeding. Haha weird.

It sort of depends since MS is launching worldwide and not just in the US and Canada...900,000 in that regard would be bad.

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

If it was the other way round Cows would already insist about half of those Million are re-buys because of all the duds .

Some Cow would pull a number out his his ass like 53% and all other Cows would join in stating this as undeniable fact .

In short, Lems should plea insanity , Cows did that for 7 years .

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

The wobble is a very simple fix. I have heard that the PS4 drive and fan are loud which may not be an issue with Xbox One. I think Xbox One launch will be good but not as good but once people play the system than they will see the difference in performance. I must admit I was pumped last Friday for the PS4 release but not excited for this Friday's release. Ofcourse I didn't preorder an Xbone and my broke butt can't afford one atm. I will eventually get one because that Dead Rising 3 looks fun but damn that Framerate is disgusting at best. It will be interesting to see what the performance reviews say. It's going to be an eventful if not disastrous weekend.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@I_can_haz said:

Some are trying to damage control by mentioning that PS4 wobbles, some saying that the console is a broken POS because less than 1% of them are duds, some are are mentioning Knack flopping, and I've even seen some say that NA doesn't matter anymore.

Who knows what spin they'll have when NPD numbers come in and MS gets utterly destroyed in NA. Not to mention the devastation that will take place in EU when Sony launches there. It's a tough time to be a lem right now if you're depending on sales.

LOOOOOOL. This brings me so much joy!

Lems are in complete disarray :)

You really really need to get out more.

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

No spin, PS4 will sell more initially than Xbox One because its cheaper, its just too bad nearly half have broken systems though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@WadeFan said:

@MonsieurX said:

Because it sold off the hype of the PS3 but it doesn't have any good games available currently(lol flops and multiplats)

@WadeFan said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@WadeFan said:

I've heard a lot of "because it launched first" but mostly just "haha Teh Brickstation"

LOL well there's the RROD360 so that's out the window..

and launched first? Must be why the Wii-U is so successful.

Sorry, I meant launched first out of the next gen consoles

Wii U's next gen,someone's in denial :(

b-b-b-but gen = power

Sorry, but I refuse to consider it next gen when it's biggest improvement was an HDMI port. Which was a feature that was new in 2006

What does the PS4 or Xbox One bring thats new?

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

I've seen some folks attribute the voracity of it to a few things, Sony actually had decent supply on hand, a good price, and the market has been grossly overdue for a new generation of consoles to the tune of almost two years now. I still think Xbone will easily sell out it's initial stock, but in the short term seeing it coming up behind the PS4. Depends on whether or not their appeal to the mass market casual audience works.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 tormentos

@xxyetixx said:

@tormentos: Hold on little fella, nothing I said was damage control, just facts. There are 525 Million plus people in NA a Million sold is barely a blip on the radar. 360 has what close to 27 million consoles sold in the US alone, PS3 has near 20 Million in the US. A console release isn't a sprint but a Million consoles sold in 24 hours is impressive no matter who it is. If you really wanna play the fan boy games, out of the 525 Million people in NA how many do you think are hardcore gamers that the cows claim to be so wouldn't X1 and it's casual appeal to more people and not just gamer people??

Yeah there are a billion in China to who didn't buy a PS3,who cares what actually matters is how is selling..

The closes thing to the PS4 launch was the PS2 Japanese launch which sold 980,000 in 3 days,not quite 1 million in 24 hours,the xbox 360 took like 2 weeks to reach half a million,the PS3 i think even more.

@lundy86_4 said:

@_Cadbury_ said:

The same thing that happen when the xbox one specs and policies were reveal to be truth,funny how after the bad leaks were confirmed there was this disappearance of old lemmings,like Delta,William,Tessellation,STSmats and several other,but out of no where a flood of new lemmings that now never stop posting,and making joek threads..lol

Coincidence.? Or mass migration.?

@kingtito said:

No the wii U wasn't a sold out at launch.

Sales were showing that the PS4 was selling more regardless of having more units,because in many places you could still land and xbox one,while the same wasn't true for the PS4 which was sold out almost every where.

So even that both had been available for the same time to pre-order,the xbox one with less units available for launch was easier to find close to launch than the PS4 was,that denotes a higher intention of buying in the PS4 favor.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Sellers-PC-Video-Games/zgbs/videogames/ref=zg_bs_videogames_pg_1?_encoding=UTF8&pg=1

Take Amazon UK for example ^^ where the PS4 isn't out yet,look at what is happening the PS4 has 2 bundles on the top 20,2 one is at spot number 2 and the other at spot number 8,and ghost is at spot number 13 for PS4,not a single xbox one game is on the top 20,

Go into the second page and you see BF4 and AC4 for PS4 as well,and another PS4 bundle at spot number 25,the xbox one is at spot 26 the first spot anything xbox one related,so the PS4 has 3 different bundles all 3 ahead of the xbox one first bundle on that list.

So yeah what that show is a higher intention of buying,regardless of having more units or not,there are xbox one,but people are buying the PS4 more.

The first xbox one game on that list is at spot 32 Ghost which on PS4 is on spot 13.

@SUD123456 said:

Not sure I understand the question in this thread. Sony said they passed the 1 million preorder a long time ago and expects to make its 3 million units target by end 2013. How can anybody be surprised at this point? And how can anyone dc the objective numbers? It is what it is, which is very good launch numbers in NA.

Because according to lemming sony lies and a pre-sale don't equal actual sale unit.

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#94 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

@_Cadbury_ said:

Nobody gives a flying **** about launch scores, all we had when the PS3 came out was a bunch of meaningless multiplats, Genji, Untold Legends and Resistance Fall of Man. Knack looked boring right off the bat, resogun its a fun little game and Killzone Shadowfall is a great games. The launch line up could have been a thousand times better but it wont change the outcome of this gen in terms of sales and library.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 tormentos
@XBOunity said:

@Douevenlift_bro: you sound like a moron TC. upset I would be too if I had to worry about that console being reliable. Can you even get on PSN? the looks of it no, what a mess.

Hypocrite the post is hypocrite.

That 68% fail on xbox 360 says high...

@nightshade869 said:

@TheEroica said:

It sort of depends since MS is launching worldwide and not just in the US and Canada...900,000 in that regard would be bad.

Yep i forgot that one to,900,000 between US,Canada and UK is not quite the same,as 1 million on US and Canada alone.

I wonder how many sites will totally ignore that...

@kingoflife9 said:

I'm happy for its successful launch, PS3 got shitted on all last gen its about time Sony had some good news.....too bad its launch games flopped and so many of them bricked. But as far as sales go congrats. Lord knows titanic is the greatest movie of all time because it made the most $ right? And cod is the best game because it sells the most. And toyota is the best car because it sells the most too right?

Hahaha you can taste the tears on this post..hahaha

My man all product have fail rate,where will you hide on the 22 when xbox consoles begin to fail to,and many people get a flashback to RROD.? And start posting it online.?

For you Titanic is a bad movie,maybe you are a dude bro who like fast and furious movies or worse,movies are totally based on taste,what you consider good other consider to be garbage,i my self don't like Titanic,never the less it had a great impact,hell i like more the 10 commandments yeah that old movie that also broke records,but now many consider the movie to be old or bad.

Same with games,you may flame COD games,but they have a great appeal to a great group of people,and several of its chapters had been nothing but greatness.

@Caseytappy said:

If it was the other way round Cows would already insist about half of those Million are re-buys because of all the duds .

Some Cow would pull a number out his his ass like 53% and all other Cows would join in stating this as undeniable fact .

In short, Lems should plea insanity , Cows did that for 7 years .

The factory defect rate for Xbox 360 consoles in August 2005 - four months prior to its US launch - was as high as 68 per cent.

Later on, Takahashi's sources claim that Microsoft was well aware of the massive defect rate (although entertainment division boss Robbie Bach has subsequently denied there was any concern about it at the time) and chose to press on with the console's launch anyway.

Over 1.2 million consoles were returned by early 2007, he wrote, and eventually Microsoft announced a free replacement service as it got its head around the problem.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/original-360-defect-rate-was-68-per-cent

RROD was a plague it wasn't just a few units,before the console was even launch the fail rate was 68% out of 100 units 68 or the majority failed,this was basically easy to prove the xbox 360 had a huge shortage of units,because yields were terrible,in fact most people who got RROD had to wait more than a month,because MS had no spare units to give to people,i remember it very well,i am a 360 owner since launch.

When you see sony saying that they will get billion out of no where to fix repairs then talk,MS made people pay when they knew the unit was faulty and they waited almost 2 years when yields improved and cost of manufacture was reduce to actually eat the loss,if MS would have put the 3 year warranty since launch it would have cost them probably double because the unit was hard to manufacture.

Another thing you fail to see,since sony and MS held the rights with AMD and Nvidia to have that tech manufacture it,they were responsible for any fail units,now is not like that,if the unit is badly made sony and MS will make a claim to Foxcom,just like Apple has done with several million iphones that were manufacture wrongly or poorly.

The fail rate of the PS4 is not even close to RROD,sony sold in 24 hours like 4 times what MS sold on the first 24 hours,yet less cases of bad units are shown that for RROD.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro said:

Sales figures?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

! million strong and growing....awwww yeahhhhh

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

@tormentos said:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/original-360-defect-rate-was-68-per-cent

RROD was a plague it wasn't just a few units,before the console was even launch the fail rate was 68% out of 100 units 68 or the majority failed,this was basically easy to prove the xbox 360 had a huge shortage of units,because yields were terrible,in fact most people who got RROD had to wait more than a month,because MS had no spare units to give to people,i remember it very well,i am a 360 owner since launch.

When you see sony saying that they will get billion out of no where to fix repairs then talk,MS made people pay when they knew the unit was faulty and they waited almost 2 years when yields improved and cost of manufacture was reduce to actually eat the loss,if MS would have put the 3 year warranty since launch it would have cost them probably double because the unit was hard to manufacture.

Another thing you fail to see,since sony and MS held the rights with AMD and Nvidia to have that tech manufacture it,they were responsible for any fail units,now is not like that,if the unit is badly made sony and MS will make a claim to Foxcom,just like Apple has done with several million iphones that were manufacture wrongly or poorly.

The fail rate of the PS4 is not even close to RROD,sony sold in 24 hours like 4 times what MS sold on the first 24 hours,yet less cases of bad units are shown that for RROD.

Those 68% where yield issues and problems 4 months before launch, why don't you read the copy paste crap yourself before you throw it at us in full damage control.

The dead PS4's are right out of the box as there is no way to predict the failure rate yet so any percentage right now means nothing .

Oh and you forgot to ad the Hhhahahaha hohoho

Avatar image for FamilyGuyFan507
FamilyGuyFan507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#99 FamilyGuyFan507
Member since 2005 • 2463 Posts

Congrats to Sony for selling that many. That's impressive. Hopefully they can find a game base to help support those console sales, because right now, they're all glorified tech demos.

OneInchMan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 OneInchMan99
Member since 2012 • 1248 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro said:

I think they are just sitting tight and praying Xbone can match it.

Its irrelevent anyway,PS4 will win this gen.

Its already all over for the lems,shame really after such a close race last time,lol