So what is your prediction on the Wii U sales this holiday?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

Multiple retailers (6) have claimed tbat the Wii u will outsell th X1 and PS4 due today that they have based on data.

Along with that they have:

1. New commercials explaining the difference between Wii and Wii U.

2 Tons of bundled offered at regular prices.

3. Price cuts

4. Some new games

5. Some price cuts on older games

6. 3DS integration (account wise)

7. System updates to make things easier

8. Skylanders bundle WITH price cut.

9. Tons of indie games

10. Pro controller bundles

11. More games than the competition

With these 11 points, what chance do you think the Wii U might have? Especially since THIS holiday is supposed to be the end all before the restructure the Wii U marketing (which by that could mean many things.)

I don't think that the Wii U will be selling like bullets but I see maybe 400,000 this holiday maybe higher if they push marketing more on the regions its out in.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Will sell more than 10 units,pretty sure of this.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I can't see it outselling the PS4 or One at all this holiday.

I predict "okay" sales. I have no idea for an actual figure. Let's say they'll hit 4.5 million total units sold sometime in January. And that's being optimistic.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#5  Edited By Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

It will sell decently, but until system sellers other than Mario come out, I cannot see the Wii-U getting sales near the One or PS4.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts
@MonsieurX said:

Normally I don't make predictions, but I feel safe making this one. I'm with monsieurx, greater than 10 units will be sold this holiday.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts
@MonsieurX said:

Seems plausible..

Muffin2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 Muffin2020
Member since 2013 • 534 Posts

@Demonjoe93 said:

It will sell decently, but until system sellers other than Mario come out, I cannot see the Wii-U getting sales near the One or PS4.

If Mario does not shift it what will?

conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 conkertheking1
Member since 2009 • 876 Posts

it will sell better than last year, i can tell you that much. but i fear they wont match the sheer hype of the competition, at least until mario kart an X come out next year

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#10 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

@muffin2020 said:

@Demonjoe93 said:

I don't think one single game will shift Wii-U's. I think it's going to take multiple games together. I think when Mario Kart 8 and Smash Brothers 4 come out, we'll see a lot more Wii-U's sold.

Not sure if it will be numbers anywhere near the PS4 or One though.

pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By pc-ps360
Member since 2010 • 3462 Posts

@Demonjoe93 said:

@muffin2020 said:

@Demonjoe93 said:

I don't think one single game will shift Wii-U's. I think it's going to take multiple games together. I think when Mario Kart 8 and Smash Brothers 4 come out, we'll see a lot more Wii-U's sold.

nintendo eefed up big time. they had thihs entire year to release great games yet they decided to be greedy. i love the wiiu but since there are little to no multipaltes on the system they should have release more games.

1. the vc is so lacking and in the beginning of the year the nintendo presisdent lied about improving it. the only difference now is that new snes games are getting a 10dollar price tag instead of the 8. and where the hell is the gamecube game and n64. there online store is a joke.

2. they should have released mario kart 8, bayonetta and smash bros this year.

3. they are region locked. i mean when ps4 fan petitioned they got no drm when when lems petitioned they changed the entire system mechanic but when nintendo fans petition the no region lock we got excuses and they made it clear that consumers has zero say in anything they decide.

i hope nintendo gets it shit together and stop delaying games and start giving fans what they want and finally release something in the eshop because without changing wha tthey have become now, i think the only people that will buy a wiiu are like me people who r loves nintendo exclusives and has the wiiu as a secondary console.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44559 Posts

I'm guessing it'll hit 5 million before end of the year. Hopefully it's able to sustain better sales outside the holiday, especially when games like Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros release.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

The bundles will really help. I think the chances of the Wii u having a strong holiday is really good.

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

It'll sell well, but not at God-saving levels, I'll tell you guys that.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@pc-ps360 said:

@Demonjoe93 said:

@muffin2020 said:

@Demonjoe93 said:

nintendo eefed up big time. they had thihs entire year to release great games yet they decided to be greedy. i love the wiiu but since there are little to no multipaltes on the system they should have release more games.

1. the vc is so lacking and in the beginning of the year the nintendo presisdent lied about improving it. the only difference now is that new snes games are getting a 10dollar price tag instead of the 8. and where the hell is the gamecube game and n64. there online store is a joke.

3. they are region locked. i mean when ps4 fan petitioned they got no drm when when lems petitioned they changed the entire system mechanic but when nintendo fans petition the no region lock we got excuses and they made it clear that consumers has zero say in anything they decide.

i hope nintendo gets it shit together and stop delaying games and start giving fans what they want and finally release something in the eshop because without changing wha tthey have become now, i think the only people that will buy a wiiu are like me people who r loves nintendo exclusives and has the wiiu as a secondary console.

They decided to get greedy by not releasing games that aren't finished and spending more time and money on them instead? How does that make sense?

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I think the Wii U will probably sell about half as many units as last year, so about 1.5 million.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts

I think it'll do okay, then drop off and get outsold by both the PS4 and Xbox One by the end of Q1 2014. After that it'll get a boost from MK8 then drop off until it gets another boost by SSB and then it's dead until the new Zelda hits in 2015/2016.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

It will sell 11 units

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

Well PS4 and X1 being out of stock in a lot of stores should help it.. unless they get in new stock then i'm gonna say it's chances might be that it'll sell a lot less than last year.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Reggie is gonna buy a few.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#21 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Dismal

babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 babycakin
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

I thought the NPD numbers were supposed to be released today?

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

I think sales will continue trending well below GC, until Nintendo finally pulls the plug sometime in 2015. That's if they continue to refuse they have competitors in the market.

<400k between Nov. and Dec. NPDs

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

@babycakin said:

I thought the NPD numbers were supposed to be released today?

I said this coming holiday before next year.

Also i am talking WW.

ImDaMan4Realz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25 ImDaMan4Realz
Member since 2013 • 97 Posts

It won't sell any better than it is now, shit, it might sell worse lol

pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By pc-ps360
Member since 2010 • 3462 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@pc-ps360 said:

@Demonjoe93 said:

@muffin2020 said:

@Demonjoe93 said:

They decided to get greedy by not releasing games that aren't finished and spending more time and money on them instead? How does that make sense?

have u seen the prices of there prehistoric vc games. and they release so few of them. earth bound was 10 dollars an snes game. because of wiiu arcitect it is so easy for them to simply add gamecube games on it and release a huge batch all at once but they wont, they will make us wait till 2016 till they start release 1 game every 2 weeks.

also their games are mostly finished they just keep on delaying just like donkey kong. next year wiiu has a very powerful exclusive line up but that all there is. 4 games at most. donkey kong, mario kart, smash bayonetta and x. and im sure one of those games will get delayed for 2015 as usual. other than that u can look forward to 1 or 2 multiplat games that get released on the console.

ur taking 5 or 6 games for an entire year.

they should release all there nes games for 1.99 all there snes games for 2.99 all there n64 games for 4.99 and all their gamecube games for 9.99 to 14.99 and give us someting to play.

i love nintendo games but i already finished mario 3d world and there is now noting to play, im back on ps3 and 360. tey have no online games. it was very stupid of them not to add online coop in mario 3d world.

also gamecube sold poorly, rarely any played their games, they should release those games. it is as simple as adding roms to the eshop. wiiu is simply a more powerful gamecube and wii, same system but faster.

also after te cranky kong announcement i lost all interest in that game. i dont know why i was hoping for a metroid or a starfox adventure. it really annoyed me, tho its my fault i should have known better since it was coming from nintendo.

also why the fk did they cancle shadow of iternal the game. it really loked amazing :(

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Did your prediction happen? Did the wii u sell 400,000? Did it outsell PS4 and X1 as your shadowy "retailers" predicted?

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#28 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

It got battered despite having a 3D Mario platformer out in November. Nintendo really are in trouble and unless they change their stratergy they aren't gonna get anywhere with the Wii U.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Dead last with PS4/Xbone being close in sales.