So what happened to the Wii's March killer lineup?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1 jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts

Not too long ago, quite a number of people claimed that Sonic & TBK and Madworld alone will obliterate the 360 and ps3 for the first quarter of 2009. Now what happened? Sonic = uber flop. Madworld isn't a flop bad had mix reviews ranging from A to AAA on several sites. On average, it's a marginal AA game. But since we are on gamespot, i guess gamespot's review counts the most, making the game a mere A game. Some killer March eh?

Prydes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Prydes
Member since 2008 • 559 Posts
Don't worry, The Conduit will be the greatest game on a Nintendo console to date. Or the greatest game of all time, or at least better looking than Crysis graphicly.
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Don't worry, The Conduit will be the greatest game on a Nintendo console to date. Or the greatest game of all time, or at least better looking than Crysis graphicly.Prydes
Crysis ? Not a chance. Halo 3 ? You betcha.

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jhcho2

Don't worry, The Conduit will be the greatest game on a Nintendo console to date. Or the greatest game of all time, or at least better looking than Crysis graphicly.Prydes

Sheep will definitely start the hype train close to release. And like most Wii games, the train will crash hard.

PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

You use way too much sarcasm dude, to the point its just redundant.

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jhcho2

[QUOTE="Prydes"]Don't worry, The Conduit will be the greatest game on a Nintendo console to date. Or the greatest game of all time, or at least better looking than Crysis graphicly.PSdual_wielder

He is the sarcasm king. I can't tell if what he says in his sig is sarcasm or not. But by the way he wrote it, it certainly sounds like sarcasm. People who feel that way wouldn't bother writing it at all.

gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts
Quite a number of people were hyping Sonic:? Madworld is still awesome though...Best game of March alongside RE5 eventually.
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

It's only March 12th , there's still time !

Tekkenloving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Tekkenloving
Member since 2008 • 1546 Posts
lol only 2 people hyped sonic.
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
Quite a number of people were hyping Sonic:?gamefan67
What, they were? I saw one person.
Prydes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Prydes
Member since 2008 • 559 Posts
Why does everyone think I am sarcastic? I am serious!
gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gamefan67
[QUOTE="gamefan67"]Quite a number of people were hyping Sonic:?Cherokee_Jack

Oops I forgot my question mark. I dont even think I remember seeing one person hype that game.
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"][QUOTE="gamefan67"]Quite a number of people were hyping Sonic:?gamefan67

Oops I forgot my question mark. I dont even think I remember seeing one person hype that game.

I remember one sheep posting all the great Nintendo games coming out in March, and Sonic was at the top.
gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gamefan67
[QUOTE="gamefan67"][QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"] What, they were? I saw one person.Cherokee_Jack

I remember one sheep posting all the great Nintendo games coming out in March, and Sonic was at the top.

Wow, well I'm not surprised in the very least. The only great game I know about coming out this month was Madworld. Unless Rune factory is coming out(not hyping it though).
Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Nintendo_Man
Member since 2003 • 19733 Posts

I think the IGN preview of Sonic was enough to tell you it was going to be rubbish and they sure ripped into it.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#17 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

wii had an amazing march lol, dead rising mad world house of the dead overkill , , you knew sonic sucked since sega left making its consoles lol, so why are you even thinking youd see another great sonic game nad yes we still have condult klonoa, punchout disaster day of crisis, its not about the stupid reviews, lol, i could care less, just like ps3s early days lol i could care less by the way, whats wrong with home any one knwo, im having difficulties with it

haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 haris12121212
Member since 2004 • 7560 Posts
Haven't bough a wii game in a while... I'll stick with the 360 for the moment I guess. Mad world simply doesn't appeal to me...
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

I guess it's better than the 360's, but it's not spectacular

Avatar image for krato_sephiroth
krato_sephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 krato_sephiroth
Member since 2006 • 113 Posts

Pro evo 09,rune factory fronteir,conduit and madworld are enough and i might try pikmin...

now what has the 360 or ps3 had this month?

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
Well it is not doing good but better than the 360 I guess, which is very surprising.
splinter-OP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 splinter-OP
Member since 2007 • 1177 Posts
[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"][QUOTE="gamefan67"]Quite a number of people were hyping Sonic:?gamefan67

I remember Willy hyping it, nobady else though.
r_gam3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 r_gam3
Member since 2008 • 1185 Posts
i don't remember saying childish things like that.
Famiking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Famiking
Member since 2009 • 4879 Posts
Yeah there really wasn't much to hype. I'm looking forward to a great second half of '09 though :)
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts
Gotta change my Picture as i have lost all hope of there being a good quality Sonic game.
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

What happened??Gamespot's scores happened.

splinter-OP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 splinter-OP
Member since 2007 • 1177 Posts
i don't remember saying childish things like that.r_gam3
Who are you talking too?
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
The Conduit is gonna be so intense, it will convert us all into casuals!
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#29 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

It has tenchu, madworld, broken sword, deadly creatures, house of the dead (, pikmin). These turned out pretty well. Madworld really well. It's a solid line up, but You can't help but feel that the devs could have done better. I hate to say this, because it's like we are constantly battering them, but there is such a lack of polish on all 3 consoles titles lately. It's unnerving, i don't know what is the cause.

TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#30 TX360
Member since 2008 • 4051 Posts

[QUOTE="Prydes"]Don't worry, The Conduit will be the greatest game on a Nintendo console to date. Or the greatest game of all time, or at least better looking than Crysis graphicly.Nike_Air

Crysis ? Not a chance. Halo 3 ? You betcha.

halo 3 are you high or something god take of the fanboy goggles.
TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#31 TX360
Member since 2008 • 4051 Posts
Well it is not doing good but better than the 360 I guess, which is very surprising.wooooode
Race pro, Star ocean, halo wars you were saying?
Syferonik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Syferonik
Member since 2006 • 3060 Posts
Sheeps already started to hype The conduilt rolf this is gonna be even more ownage than madworld
kaangonultas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kaangonultas
Member since 2008 • 1647 Posts
just wait
Mckenna1845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Mckenna1845
Member since 2005 • 4410 Posts
i can see the conduit failing hard, as for mad world i'm still getting the game as it looks awesome.
-starman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 -starman-
Member since 2008 • 2822 Posts

So, according to the TC, only Gamespot scores count here, right? And then Halo wars was brought up as one of the best of the month?

Okay.

Gamespot hasn't reviewed Sonic yet, but the average score according to them is 6.1.

So, according to the logic in this thread... either sonic is good or halo wars is bad.

can't have it both ways.

Personally, there's lots of great stuff to go around. I finally got Zelda, so I'm hooked on that, and then with Mario Kart still keeping me entertainied and Sluggers as a nice distraction and Animal Crossing gets at least half an hour a day, along with Castlevania for my DS, I've got more than I can handle. So, say what you will, but for me the Wii keeps delivering.

Zeppy007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Zeppy007
Member since 2008 • 558 Posts

[QUOTE="PSdual_wielder"]

[QUOTE="Prydes"]Don't worry, The Conduit will be the greatest game on a Nintendo console to date. Or the greatest game of all time, or at least better looking than Crysis graphicly.Prydes

I'm not being sarcastic.

It dosen't even look better then halo 3

blahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 blahzor
Member since 2005 • 2287 Posts

With games like Street Fighter, killzone 2, halo wars and RE5 i don't know how anyone could honestly believe the wii's lineup could obliterate anything.

Match, or stand up to the ps3 and 360's lineup? ya, that i could give you.

Madworld is awesome, don't judge it on GS score alone. PLenty of low rated games are more memorable and brilliant then AAA games.. like Odin Sphere. There's something special about madworld. Like no more heroes a year ago, it really adds to the wii's library. A library that may not be as vast(in quality at least) as it's competitors, but ever more relevent thanks to games like MW.

Sonic, though, was never a safe bet.. it's unfortunate, and it's not just wii fans that want him to do well. Most of us grew up with sonic, we just want to revist the glory similar to how miyamoto is still bringing the goods with mario.

But the wii's not finished. It's got some neat titles, it's just some of them got pushed back(conduit(hey, it could be ok.. at the very least it could fill a gap) and little king story).. and pikmin is cool for those of us who haven't yet played it(ie me!). There are a few other games that could be promising like Final Fantasy, Rune Factory, PES09, Guitar Hero metallica. But no, it doesn't look like Q1/Q2 will be the wii's.. but that doesn't mean it'll be a bad time for wii owners either. Afterall, we've already seen House of the Dead, Tenchu and Deadly Creatures! All pretty sweat games.

Mckenna1845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Mckenna1845
Member since 2005 • 4410 Posts

Gamespot hasn't reviewed Sonic yet, but the average score according to them is 6.1.-starman-

on ign it got 3.9 and was bashed to hell, gamespot tend to have pretty similar review scores to ign, so sonic could be a turd. Halo wars was a flop indeed though.

I personally only think mad world is the only good game in march for me. Ps3 lineup is first for me sf4 and killzone 2. For 360 i'll get resident evil 5, and resistance for psp so not bad for all the consoles.

-starman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 -starman-
Member since 2008 • 2822 Posts

[QUOTE="-starman-"]

Gamespot hasn't reviewed Sonic yet, but the average score according to them is 6.1.Mckenna1845

on ign it got 3.9 and was bashed to hell, gamespot tend to have pretty similar review scores to ign, so sonic could be a turd. Halo wars was a flop indeed though.

I personally only think mad world is the only good game in march for me. Ps3 lineup is first for me sf4 and killzone 2. For 360 i'll get resident evil 5, and resistance for psp so not bad for all the consoles.

scores outside of GS don't count, TC said so. :)

The day they decide to make the #1 system this gen a priority they'll have reviews for Wii games up on time. But until then I just go off of what they give me.