So what do you think of The Division (beta)?

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

So I've played about a few hours with this game on the PS4....and almost immediately I didn't like it.

I played more but everything just feels slow and stiff. Everything from the running, cover and shooting mechanics.

It just didn't seem interesting either. Felt like just another cover shooter. I haven't done anything with my friends and I'm sure that's different but even then I don't see it holding my attention for long.

I don't find the enemies I've run into interesting either.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#2 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

I love the game so far. Playing it on PS4 and Xbox One. Though seems like the PS community is dead. Not a lot of people for matchmaking or in the DZ.

MISTER_Davis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 MISTER_Davis
Member since 2016 • 286 Posts

I'm downloading it right now

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

I think it's alright. The game is fun with friends but so are most things. If they buy it I'll probably end up getting it.

Destiny is probably more fun to play, but I wouldn't even say that's a good game.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

Played an hour yesterday, hour today: Meh, wont buy

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

I like the concept and I would like to play it but I'm getting tired of games like this where you're forced to play with other people or the game is a drag and basically impossible. If you can't line up a group of people you're screwed, if you want to play alone you're screwed....

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Crap. Just like Destiny, but with a different theme. Always online co op focused games SUCK!

granddogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 granddogg
Member since 2006 • 731 Posts

I'm really loving it ....will pick up on pc

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

I just completed the first mission, after playing around with some side missions, and i'm actually enjoying it.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

It's Ubisoft.... The enemies are all the same. They look the same, talk the same etc... So far after playing it for about an hour there's 2 enemy types. One with guns, another that charges with a bat. Just like on the most recent Farcry. One enemy has a weapon, the other charges you on fire.

I played enough in an hour to realise that it's going to be the same enemy types just in different locations.

If you have played the Beta there is no reason to get this game. Just to pay to do what you have done for free for 10 more hours.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Fun, but not gonna be any Destiny killer by a long shot, however I must say the Dark Zone gameplay is great, the ability for players to aid or turn hostile leaves a nice uneasy feeling to never turn your back on someone or put your guard down, and to stick with a group.

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Randoggy
Member since 2003 • 3497 Posts

@wiiboxstation said:

It's Ubisoft.... The enemies are all the same. They look the same, talk the same etc... So far after playing it for about an hour there's 2 enemy types. One with guns, another that charges with a bat. Just like on the most recent Farcry. One enemy has a weapon, the other charges you on fire.

I played enough in an hour to realise that it's going to be the same enemy types just in different locations.

If you have played the Beta there is no reason to get this game. Just to pay to do what you have done for free for 10 more hours.

You sure know a lot about a game for only playing two missions.

@Bigboi500 said:

Crap. Just like Destiny, but with a different theme. Always online co op focused games SUCK!

Who said this game was always online?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#13 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

@nyadc said:

I like the concept and I would like to play it but I'm getting tired of games like this where you're forced to play with other people or the game is a drag and basically impossible. If you can't line up a group of people you're screwed, if you want to play alone you're screwed....

LEAVE US ALONE!!!!!!!

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bigboi500

@Randoggy said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Ubisoft.

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Randoggy
@Bigboi500 said:
@Randoggy said:
@Bigboi500 said:

Ubisoft.

Super old article and not true.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

The actual mechanics are fine. However I'm not a fan of these RPG shooters, feels too "gamey" for my taste in shooters.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bigboi500

@Randoggy said:
@Bigboi500 said:
@Randoggy said:
@Bigboi500 said:

Ubisoft.

Source?

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Randoggy

@Bigboi500 said:
@Randoggy said:
@Bigboi500 said:
@Randoggy said:
@Bigboi500 said:

Ubisoft.

Source?

Look at the link, it says 2013 in it. Read the comments, they are from years ago.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bigboi500

@Randoggy said:
@Bigboi500 said:
@Randoggy said:
@Bigboi500 said:
@Randoggy said:

Ubisoft.

Source?

Look at the link, it says 2013 in it. Read the comments, they are from years ago.

Ok, but now you are disputing that, and claiming it is not always online, so prove it.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@Randoggy said:

The game needs a persistent online connection.

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Randoggy

@lundy86_4 said:
@Randoggy said:

The game needs a persistent online connection.

Oh well.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Having a blast with the game. Can't wait for the full release

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Havent played the beta and have zero interest in trying it out after watching a couple of streams, despite it being boring right now i would rather play destiny than the division

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Wiiboxstation

@Randoggy: I have played enough Ubisoft games to know the formula.

They have great ideas for games, these great ideas are fun for an hour or so. Then it's a constant grind to keep playing. They just have no idea how to make a game that isn't repetitive.

And as for the comparisons with Destiny. This game has the damage number for enemies just like that has.

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Randoggy

@wiiboxstation said:

@Randoggy: I have played enough Ubisoft games to know the formula.

They have great ideas for games, these great ideas are fun for an hour or so. Then it's a constant grind to keep playing. They just have no idea how to make a game that isn't repetitive.

And as for the comparisons with Destiny. This game has the damage number for enemies just like that has.

Unfortunate you feel that way. Damage number? Are you referring to the numbers that appear when shooting someone?

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Was playing it a little bit today. Already deleted my beta.

Game just sucks. Only good thing is the visuals. The gameplay is boring as hell and the writing for the story already looks to be absolutely bottom of the barrel.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

Meh, played the two missions and spent some time in the Dark Zone. I'm not too excited. The cover based shooting is a little too cover based for my taste. You can't even duck or go prone by yourself. You have to stick to some crap standing around. I would play the game with two buddies just like Destiny so it could actually be fun but I don't feel like spending more than 20 Euro on that.

And I know that the Dark Zone would frustrate me in no time. Oh look, the helicopter is coming! *a dozen grenades come flying from all directions while an organized group of people steals your stuff from your corpse* Like people said, it forces you to run around in large mobs and I'm not a big fan of that. I guess me and my two comrades will try again how we get along in the Dark Zone before we decide to get the full game or not. I have zero interest to play that as a single player.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

I'm enjoying it, perfectly playable solo but if you want the full package you need friends.

The Dark Zone adds a good bit of tension when other players are around, there's so many ways for a battle with A.I. to rapidly turn into a battle with A.I. and other players, Then you need to get your hard earned loot extracted at an LZ which adds more tension to it, while your waiting for the chopper to arrive. If you get killed you drop what you've picked up in the Zone (not what you bring in)

It runs well, graphics are nice, connection is stable. It's got a lot more plus sides to it than downsides.

@nethernova Lol, I just noticed we said much the same thing with two completely opposite views of it

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#29 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

Dark Zone is quite fun. Single-player is alright.

Regretfully, what's truly lacking is the multiplayer PvE, which translates into some of the worst and boring bullet sponges I've seen in video games.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
@GarGx1 said:

@nethernova Lol, I just noticed we said much the same thing with two completely opposite views of it

Oh, I agree that in theory extracting stuff from the Dark Zone could be exciting but for me all fun goes right out through the window when huge organized groups do nothing but camp the extraction areas to farm the poor souls that arrive alone or in small teams.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@GarGx1 said:

I'm enjoying it, perfectly playable solo but if you want the full package you need friends.

The Dark Zone adds a good bit of tension when other players are around, there's so many ways for a battle with A.I. to rapidly turn into a battle with A.I. and other players, Then you need to get your hard earned loot extracted at an LZ which adds more tension to it, while your waiting for the chopper to arrive. If you get killed you drop what you've picked up in the Zone (not what you bring in)

It runs well, graphics are nice, connection is stable. It's got a lot more plus sides to it than downsides.

What do you do in solo mode? just battling with A.I? how good is AI?

I'm really on the fence about this, so many mix impressions. Wish i could download Beta *sighs*

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Mr_Huggles_dog

@mjorh: It's basically like someone else said: think Farcry AI.

Enemies cover, you've got your rushing enemies with shovels etc, you got flamethrower guys....all seem to have very basic functions.

The variety of enemies doesn't seem original and the AI itself is just what you'd think of any game...nothing special.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@mjorh: It's basically like someone else said: think Farcry AI.

Enemies cover, you've got your rushing enemies with shovels etc, you got flamethrower guys....all seem to have very basic functions.

The variety of enemies doesn't seem original and the AI itself is just what you'd think of any game...nothing special.

I see, tbh those are not deal-breaker to me , i pretty much enjoyed the latest Ghost Recon and The Division looks a lot like it , yeah i admit Ghost Recon wasn't so special but i enjoyed it and i really dig The Division's setting , snowy messy world is great and based on the impressions, it's pretty much a detailed one.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

g.a.r.b.a.g.e

The emptiest and most uninspired beta i've taken part of in a long time. Reminded me why ignore 100% of Ubi games.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@Randoggy said:
@wiiboxstation said:

You sure know a lot about a game for only playing two missions

@Bigboi500 said:

That's all it takes in an Ubishit game lolz. That's the sad reality with their games...

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#36  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

I have next to no interest in this game. I'm literally only purchasing it to play a game with my good buddy Wasdie. Take one for the team, might be good for me, playing a game where I give no fucks about what it offers me.

DrkeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DrkeX
Member since 2003 • 645 Posts

I can't believe how bad the ps4 beta looks, it's so washed out and textures are so last gen

Ubisoft really downgraded the shit out of the console versions

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

Man this game can be a pain in the ass. There's all sorts of objects that obstruct your aiming, my reticle was red when over a explosive barrel and I shot at it 5 or so times from 15ft away and it missed every time so I died, it auto switches grenades after you die so upon throwing what I that was a frag in the middle of 3 gathered enemies instead it was a tear gas....so that was a waste, when you die with 2 med kits....you don't spawn with them it goes to a default 1.

Ugh....probably not going to get this game.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Played 1h30 with a friend. Incredibly boring game.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

@mister_davis said:

I'm downloading it right now

I'm going to try it tomorrow too.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Mr_Huggles_dog

Well that was great fun.

Went into the dead zone or whatever it is and immediately got shot 5 steps out of the door from a group of 3 camping the enterance.

Great game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Can't disagree, the game is a bore chore .....

Take Borderlands, Destiny etc ... now remove any intersting sci-fi/fantasy elements ... make it normal humans in a city ... dumb it down even further .... and you have the Division... oh sure, its base contact may appeal to those "modern combat" lovers for a week ..... but where can you even take this kinda game to keep it fresh/exciting ..... oh wait, you can't.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#43 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

The gameplay is good, graphics are impressive, performance is very stable, and the rogue system creates some genuinely tense moments! On the other hand, there's not much reason to explore the environments and i haven't seen this level of pop-up since last generation days.

Nothing about the game is amazing, but i like it and everything works well.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@mjorh said:
@GarGx1 said:

What do you do in solo mode? just battling with A.I? how good is AI?

I'm really on the fence about this, so many mix impressions. Wish i could download Beta *sighs*

You get random encounters such a hostage recues. There are side missions such rescuing a captured soldier or finding a lost sister and then there are main missions which are instanced and more like a traditional MMO dungeon.

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Well that was great fun.

Went into the dead zone or whatever it is and immediately got shot 5 steps out of the door from a group of 3 camping the enterance.

Great game.

Yet I spent 2 hours in the DZ, on my own, and extracted 18 blue items. Of course I died a few times and didn't get every drop back out (I hope that sod who got my Blue FN Fal likes it), I even became the victim of a man hunt when my auto turret decided to shoot another player and I got marked Rogue, that was rather intense. Staying alive when you appear on everyone's map as a target.

Camping the entrances was not something I saw (not saying that it can't or doesn't happen) and there's literally no point, people coming into the zone have nothing on them you can loot. Makes far more sense for players to camp the LZ's where other players need to take their drops (didn't actually see any of that either).

Razik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Razik
Member since 2015 • 965 Posts

From the Beta all I can tell is its not actually going to be a very big game map, and I can see it becoming boring like Destiny, I thought it was a full MMO with players always on the whole map but its only in DZ that you interact with other players, disappointed by that after watching the reveal videos showing it differently

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog:

How come I have to create a Uplay account?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@razik said:

From the Beta all I can tell is its not actually going to be a very big game map, and I can see it becoming boring like Destiny, I thought it was a full MMO with players always on the whole map but its only in DZ that you interact with other players, disappointed by that after watching the reveal videos showing it differently

Why would you want a bigger map when you have to walk everywhere?

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Wiiboxstation

@silversix_: Yeah that's exactly my point. When you have played like 2-3 missions you have played them all when it comes to Ubisoft.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Wiiboxstation

@Randoggy: Its more unfortunate that Ubisoft games are like this. Everybody on here is a hardcore gamer. We have all played enough Ubisoft games to know the formula by now. The Ubisoft game review highlights the repetitiveness of their games.

And yes the number that appears when shooting enemies.

Razik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Razik
Member since 2015 • 965 Posts

@mems_1224:

I run everywhere it's quicker