So what do you all think of the BF3 so far?

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by GhettoBlastin92 (1150 posts) -

As the title says, what is your opinion on the BF3 dlc so far? I personally don't care for any of them with the exception of the back to Karkhan DLC. EA/Dice just release the trailer for the new DLC Aftermath, seen here.They are now adding crossbows to the mix......

#2 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

I'm more than happy with the vanilla maps and B2K dlc. Close Qaurters was lame, and I'm not wasting anymore money on the other dlc.

#3 Posted by Knocks (67 posts) -

Also sticking with vanilla... for now.

#4 Posted by GhettoBlastin92 (1150 posts) -
Close quarters to me was a blatant attempt to grab people from the COD community, small maps, no vehicles and the gun master mode.
#5 Posted by JangoWuzHere (16974 posts) -

Man, if only this game came out in 2013. It would further add to Ryan Davis' comment on the fact that 2013 is the year of the bow.

#6 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

Close Quarters was lame, but I did love the new weapons and assignments. I'll be playing Armored Kill for the first time today and I am damn excited to finally hop inside an AC-130 and blow crap up.

#7 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

Close quarters to me was a blatant attempt to grab people from the COD community, small maps, no vehicles and the gun master mode. GhettoBlastin92

Funny thing is the most played maps and modes on BF3 before the DLCs even released were TDM on the small maps. They were just catering for those types of players, and the close quarters maps are played more than Armored Kills maps. People prefer smaller maps and modes on BF3 now because the gunplay is really good in it and satisfying to really rack up kills.

Also CoD didn't invent gun master. Gun game was the original.

I still like to mix it up myself though. I love TDM and conquest. Close quarters was fun at first but the laggy and late hit detection ruins it. Also Armored Kill for me was a bit of a let down. I don't find those maps fun

#8 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

Man, if only this game came out in 2013. It would further add to Ryan Davis' comment on the fact that 2013 is the year of the bow.

JangoWuzHere

Well the DLC is coming in December with the Bow so technically it's spot on

#9 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

Close Quarters was lame, but I did love the new weapons and assignments. I'll be playing Armored Kill for the first time today and I am damn excited to finally hop inside an AC-130 and blow crap up.

SPYDER0416

You will soon learn that the AC-130 is a big piece of crap and shouldn't be in the game at all

#10 Posted by mems_1224 (47858 posts) -
close quarters was the only dumb one, the other two dlcs have been great.
#11 Posted by achilles614 (4865 posts) -
The online MP always feels like I'm playing on wireless even though I have a fast wired connection. I gave up on that steaming turd...after buying vanilla, premium, and vanilla for my brother so we could play...oh wait forgot playing with two people in the same house hardly works.
#12 Posted by Sushiglutton (5391 posts) -
I only have Karkand, Will maybe get end game also, just to kind of celebrate the game. I put like 100h into the game, but that was a few months back. It's a great game, but I prefer other genres though.
#13 Posted by RR360DD (12891 posts) -

I pretty much exclusively play rush on operation metro so havent bothered with any DLC. Might pick up the karkland pack sometime, gulf of oman was my favourite BF2 map

#14 Posted by McStrongfast (4272 posts) -

Karkand, good.
Close Quarters, poop out of a butt.
Armored Kill, good.

Aftermath doesn't instantly look like crap the way CQ did. The map they've shown doesn't necessarily seem great for 64 players or Conquest. But I could be wrong. Or I could be right. But if they're good Rush maps that would still make it kind of alright in a way. I liked Bad Companys.

Scavenger at least sounds interesting.
They're working gun master into this one too, so that's nice.

#15 Posted by 2Chalupas (5233 posts) -

SPYDER0416

It's kinda cool, but maybe a tad overpowered and spawns too fast. If you take it down once in rush, it shouldn't spawn 1 minute later and start bombing the crap out of the base again. That's just silly.

It's like a permanent CoD killstreak. No matter what, if you get inside the AC-130 it's a gauranteed 7+ killstreak even for teams that focus their attention on it. I've seen people probably run off 50+ kills several times in games of rush, and I'm not a great FPS shooter by any means and I've probably had a few 20 killstreaks in that thing.

Jets can take it down pretty quick. Of course if the team has a top flight jet pilot (or two) to protect the AC-130, then the people on the ground might as well forget about it LOL.

#16 Posted by 2Chalupas (5233 posts) -
Also I agree with most of the previous opinions on the DLC. -Back to Karkland was terrific. -Close Quarters was crap. -Armored Kill is great with huge maps, but the AC-130 is sort of cheap.
#17 Posted by CKYguy25 (2180 posts) -

i still have yet to play the online

#18 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (16834 posts) -

I don't think I'll be playing multiplayer again unless it has a LAN mode. So, no BF3 for me.

#19 Posted by CKYguy25 (2180 posts) -

I don't think I'll be playing multiplayer again unless it has a LAN mode. So, no BF3 for me.

jun_aka_pekto

is it that bad?

#20 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (16834 posts) -

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

CKYguy25

is it that bad?

I'm sure online multiplayer as we know it right now is okay. But, I've always been a LAN guy who rather play video games with relatives and other people I know. When I can see who's badmouthing me, I know I can shut him up by throwing a beer can at him. :lol:

As for BF3, I'm sure it's great for many folks here. But, it's main draw is multiplayer. I might have bought it if the singleplayer campaign was satisfying enough.

#21 Posted by GhettoBlastin92 (1150 posts) -

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

seanmcloughlin

You will soon learn that the AC-130 is a big piece of crap and shouldn't be in the game at all

Yeah I didn't care for that at all.
#22 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (19818 posts) -
B2K is amazing. Close Quarters is decent, and I haven't really gotten into Armored Kill yet.
#23 Posted by lightleggy (16073 posts) -

I'm more than happy with the vanilla maps and B2K dlc. Close Qaurters was lame, and I'm not wasting anymore money on the other dlc.

Master_ShakeXXX
AK is amazing, and the only good thing about CC was the new guns. Anyway I never got very fond of the game, I didnt liked the interface and the rush mode (which was my favorite in the bad company series) is terrible. also no multiple soldiers, shame on dice.
#24 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (43173 posts) -
I got the game with the DLC for only $50 and I really just play on three maps; Kharg Island, Caspian Border, and Operation Firestorm. 64 and 48 player large conquest is always a lot of fun.
#25 Posted by silversix_ (15329 posts) -
Far from being as good as it could have been and BC2>BF3 any day. Stopped playing it long ago and nothing will make me come back.
#26 Posted by OB-47 (10909 posts) -

Alright game. But Bad Company 2 was so much more fun

#27 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (43173 posts) -

OB-47

I thought BC2 was terribad. Can't believe I spent $50 on that. :[

#28 Posted by jg4xchamp (49327 posts) -
I uninstalled BF3.
#29 Posted by OB-47 (10909 posts) -

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

Stevo_the_gamer

Can't believe I hyped Battlefield 3 like it was the best thing ever when I saw the Caspian Border trailer.

#30 Posted by FrozenLiquid (12819 posts) -
Didn't end up playing it. Strange, I pretty much had a career with BF2.
#31 Posted by GrayF0X786 (3938 posts) -

BF3 + Karkand = Amazing game

Premium = Consumerism + brain dead planet who don't know the value of money

#32 Posted by donalbane (16369 posts) -
I have the PC version of BF3, and since you can't chat with pick-up groups, I almost never play it. And since I play single-player games with the xbox controller, and BF3's single-player campaign doesn't support the numerous QTE's on the Xbox controller, I can't even enjoy that. So I don't plan on getting ANY BF3 DLC. Ever.
#33 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (43173 posts) -

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

OB-47

Can't believe I hyped Battlefield 3 like it was the best thing ever when I saw the Caspian Border trailer.

Good map. :]
#34 Posted by DaisyFan007 (1231 posts) -

Its a okay BF game, but not like BC2, however i wish to get my Copy of BF2 still.

#35 Posted by pelvist (5057 posts) -

TBH when I played BF3 I thaught I was playing BFBC3 rather than a a Battlefield game.

#36 Posted by KungfuKitten (21294 posts) -

I think it's a massive improvement over BF2. I like all the changes and fixes. What I do notice is that whenever they attempt to approach COD gameplay the game becomes worse. So please stop doing that. (I'm looking at you, Close Quarter DLC.)

Ah **** you mean only the DLC. I have only tried the Close Quarters DLC, haven't had the time to try the other stuff.

#37 Posted by Rockman999 (7232 posts) -

I love it enought to sink in houndreds of hours into the 360 version and buy the premium edition on pc. Need I say more?

#38 Posted by topgunmv (10310 posts) -

Too much dlc to fragment the community, and letting people pay to get unlocks/faster xp "free to play" style was dumb.

It was fun up to the b2k dlc though.

#39 Posted by skrat_01 (33767 posts) -
Pretty disappointing as a Battlefield game. A huge step back in many regards. However. As a game on its own it's pretty damn good - the combat in its multiplayer is excellent, as is the general feel of it. However there's a ton of faults even as its own game. From the abundance of bad maps, janky netcode, horrible teamplay options and an atrocious singleplayer. It's one of those games that tried to appeal to a more general 'COD' audience, and made serious compromises as a result.
#40 Posted by haberman13 (2414 posts) -

Pretty disappointing as a Battlefield game. A huge step back in many regards. However. As a game on its own it's pretty damn good - the combat in its multiplayer is excellent, as is the general feel of it. However there's a ton of faults even as its own game. From the abundance of bad maps, janky netcode, horrible teamplay options and an atrocious singleplayer. It's one of those games that tried to appeal to a more general 'COD' audience, and made serious compromises as a result.skrat_01

Exactly. A great game .. but it was neutered by CoD and consoles. Unsaveable at this point, especially with Planetside coming.

#41 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

I don't know, I only played the BF3 beta....and it was so boring. I just went back to COD and Killzone (which has better graphics).

#42 Posted by getyeryayasout (7970 posts) -
Bought it used from a buddy for $10 a few months ago, with hopes of enjoying SP campaign. I do not enjoy the SP campaign.
#43 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

The real BF3 isn't even available on consoles only the gimped imitation of BF3 is.

#44 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

I don't know, I only played the BF3 beta....and it was so boring. I just went back to COD and Killzone (which has better graphics).

ShadowMoses900

Thought you play it all the time at your friends house? :roll:

Also you just suck at the game, we all know this by now. It's fair to hate a game you tried for a long time but when you state utter nonsense towards it because YOU were no good at it or didn't know what to do then it's just stupid

#45 Posted by brimmul777 (1333 posts) -

Battlefild 3 single player was crap.I found multiplayer was good,but to hard for my taste.I like Call of Duty and Halo games more and it's more my style.I just might trade Battlefield 3 and Ghost Recon:Future Soldier for Forza:Horizon.

#46 Posted by LustForSoul (5904 posts) -
Private servers SUCK and keep me from playing. That and getting sick of it rather quickly.
#47 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

seanmcloughlin

Also you just suck at the game, we all know this by now. It's fair to hate a game you tried for a long time but when you state utter nonsense towards it because YOU were no good at it or didn't know what to do then it's just stupid

I don't hate BF, when did I say I hated it?

I played the beta on my PS3 when it came out, was unimpressed. I have a friend with a crazy decked out PC with the game, I am also unimpressed. COD and KZ are just better.

#48 Posted by OB-47 (10909 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

seanmcloughlin

I always hated the reason "you hate it because you suck at it"

It's a load of crap. I suck at Counter Strike, but I love it.

#49 Posted by OB-47 (10909 posts) -

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"] I thought BC2 was terribad. Can't believe I spent $50 on that. :[

Stevo_the_gamer

Good map. :]

Too bad the game built around it is most unsatisfactory

#50 Posted by lowe0 (13692 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

OB-47

I always hated the reason "you hate it because you suck at it"

It's a load of crap. I suck at Counter Strike, but I love it.

It's standard practice here. All dissenting opinions must stem from personal defects as opposed to genuinely held preference.